Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 391967 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #400 on: July 20, 2016, 06:06:47 PM »
TAR9 sucked lol I legit only cared for MoJo and was meh/hated on everyone else overall.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #401 on: July 21, 2016, 05:13:48 AM »
TAR9 sucked lol I legit only cared for MoJo and was meh/hated on everyone else overall.
Watching BJ & Tyler and Eric & Jeremy being always ahead was extremely boring
The only exciting episode of that season for me is Oman, where the above two teams fell behind l

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #402 on: July 21, 2016, 03:17:31 PM »
I recently rewatched and TARAus2 and I think that is one of the reasons why I think it is so good is because there is a lot of time spent on character development and the rivalry of everyone vs. Paul & Steve, and just the drama between all of the teams. And even if there was not drama within some teams, I feel like there was a lot of character development of the teams, like Lucy and Emilia, Sticky & Sam, Sue & Teresa, etc. There is not as much focus on the tasks, and while they are present, they are more about beating the other teams and being competitive and/or about enjoying the tasks and the race.
This and a trillion! TAR Australia 2 is the first international version of the race I watched and everything from that season is perfectly seamed together and all the teams were very memorable from the team-based editing, especially Lucy & Emilia, Sticky & Sam, and James & Sarah. I hope next season can follow this style. The U.S. version needs sprucing, cleaning and freshening to say the least. :tup:

If you're talking about TARAus 3 it doesn't :(

Alternatively, find TAR Canada 2 and watch the first 11 episodes :tup:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #403 on: July 22, 2016, 01:45:00 AM »
I recently rewatched and TARAus2 and I think that is one of the reasons why I think it is so good is because there is a lot of time spent on character development and the rivalry of everyone vs. Paul & Steve, and just the drama between all of the teams. And even if there was not drama within some teams, I feel like there was a lot of character development of the teams, like Lucy and Emilia, Sticky & Sam, Sue & Teresa, etc. There is not as much focus on the tasks, and while they are present, they are more about beating the other teams and being competitive and/or about enjoying the tasks and the race.
This and a trillion! TAR Australia 2 is the first international version of the race I watched and everything from that season is perfectly seamed together and all the teams were very memorable from the team-based editing, especially Lucy & Emilia, Sticky & Sam, and James & Sarah. I hope next season can follow this style. The U.S. version needs sprucing, cleaning and freshening to say the least. :tup:

There is is a third Australian season...
He's saying TARAus 3 doesn't have the same feel as TARAus 2.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #404 on: July 22, 2016, 01:51:12 AM »

Actually he (first person) doesn't aware that TAR Aus 3 has already aired with different feel and style than TAR Aus 2.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #405 on: July 23, 2016, 01:42:13 PM »

Actually he (first person) doesn't aware that TAR Aus 3 has already aired with different feel and style than TAR Aus 2.
Oh, whoops. I didn't think that phrase would cause a lot of confusion at first.

I meant I hoped TAR29 will follow the team emphasis on the race rather than centralizing on tasks.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #406 on: August 12, 2016, 05:48:31 AM »
My favorite tasks would have to be the challenge at the end, when they have to remember where they went.
My least favourite is the head-shaving FF, because it just gets repeated over and over again :gaah:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #407 on: August 27, 2016, 06:34:57 AM »
My favorite tasks would have to be the challenge at the end, when they have to remember where they went.
My least favourite is the head-shaving FF, because it just gets repeated over and over again :gaah:

3x + 1x (TARAUS) =/= over and over again

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #408 on: August 27, 2016, 06:50:35 AM »

3x + 1x (TARAUS) =/= over and over again
Well I BELIEVE that the head-shaving is overused

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #409 on: August 27, 2016, 06:52:46 PM »
Head-shaving: done 3 times
Australia: visited 4 times

So is Australia overused? :lol:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #410 on: August 27, 2016, 07:22:21 PM »
Head-shaving: done 3 times
Australia: visited 4 times

So is Australia overused? :lol:

Certainly not. China has been visited 13 times, that is overused NOT AUSTRALIA! China was also visited LAST season, while Australia was last visited 10 seasons ago! The FF head-shaving is boring, when you have much other Fast Forwards, u can use again. Hope that answers your question

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #411 on: August 27, 2016, 08:27:32 PM »
Well I BELIEVE that the Australia is overused :)

Still not as overused as LA  :funny:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #412 on: August 27, 2016, 08:31:10 PM »
Well I BELIEVE that the Australia is overused :)

Still not as overused as LA  :funny:

Haha, that's true

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #413 on: August 28, 2016, 08:16:33 AM »

Not relevant - a very good source informed me that Dan and Andrew were slated to be on UB but backed out at the last minute. Thoughts on how they would do/who they would replace?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:46:09 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #414 on: August 28, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »

Excuse me, I CAN ANSWER WHAT I WANT! I don't need YOU telling ME what to do!

Actually...as we have discussed...NO YOU CANNOT. Please read your PM's.

To all of you:

All off topic discussions are being deleted. Please everyone, remember the threads are to discuss the topic, and not each other. If you are concerned about a post, use the report to mod button, DO NOT RESPOND YOURSELF. Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:54:41 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #415 on: September 05, 2016, 08:00:26 AM »

Not relevant - a very good source informed me that Dan and Andrew were slated to be on UB but backed out at the last minute. Thoughts on how they would do/who they would replace?
They would have most likely replaced Mel & Mike. What a significant amount of TAR14 teams that season. :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #416 on: September 26, 2016, 11:36:33 PM »

They would have most likely replaced Mel & Mike. What a significant amount of TAR14 teams that season. :lol:

TAR14 is a horrendous season but for some odd reasons, it is well-liked by production which is why it has almost half of the cast in S18. It was the reboot season for TAR and where the producers believe the history of the show started.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #417 on: September 26, 2016, 11:45:10 PM »
Nah TAR14 teams got featured because of a little thing called Jodi Wincheski joining production as a Casting Director.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #418 on: September 26, 2016, 11:48:35 PM »
Nah TAR14 teams got featured because of a little thing called Jodi Wincheski joining production as a Casting Director.

That certainly didn't hurt, but Bertram was defending vigorously when the returnees were announced for S18

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #419 on: November 15, 2016, 02:13:20 AM »
I dunno where else to post this.

Watching the penultimate episode of TAR17 tonight. When Brook & Claire go to the hotel to book flights, they talk to a receptionist who has her face blurred...except in one shot where it's not blurred and clearly visible.

Oops?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #420 on: November 26, 2016, 09:07:35 PM »
Kind of missing TAR
I'm used to it airing twice a year.

My first season was 17 and I loved that season. It was the season that got me hooked.
Who could forget that watermelon moment? :funny:
I honestly thought that leg was for the finals when I first saw it so, when I played the first episode of TAR 17, I was surprised that happened. :funny:
Brooke and Claire was everything.

Season 20 (episode 9) was the first season I watched while it aired.
Then I binged Season 4-19.  :funny: Couldn't finish 1-3 until later and 8/10. I think I skipped some legs here and there.

Season 21 was the first season I watched from beginning to end while it aired.
Then, I had the most random thought while watching with others- look up spoilers/previews for TAR 22  :funny:

After 22, the show became my favorite. After 24, it dropped below Survivor. :funny:

TAR 23 was my first season following the race live (and I love spoilers now :funny:)
My friends followed along too since they were fans and didn't know the race had live sightings :funny:

That's my TAR memory lane. lol
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #421 on: November 26, 2016, 10:25:26 PM »
My memory lane now:

I've watched S1-6 on UTube, throughout this year

I started to watch TAR season 17 on YouTube. Gotta love the watermelon moment (My Sciene teacher show it to us, earlier in the year  :funny:)

I've only seen the first 3 eps of TAR 18 (Australia, Australia and Japan. Really need to see more)

Only also seen the first eps of TAR19  :(

Seen Leg 3, 7, 9 and 11 of TAR20 (Paraguay, Tanzania, India and Japan)

Saw EP 1, 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12, of TAR 21(China, Russia, Russia, Spain and USA)

TAR 22 IS MY FAVORUITE SEASON EVER! Seen every leg

I have watched Legs 1-5 (Chile, Chile, Portugal, Norway, Poland) and Legs 7 and 11 (UAE and Japan), of TAR 23

TAR 24 was weird. Seen every leg up to Leg 9 (Switzerland) and then Leg 11 and 12 (Wales and the USA). I actually liked this season, apart from the Sri Lankan legs (yuck)

I watched the first 3 episodes of TAR25 when it aired on Aussie TV, but then, for some reason, I lost interest in the show.

TAR26, I saw Leg 1 (Japan) and Leg 5 (Germany) on TV.

I haven't seen ANY episodes for TAR27, expect for the last 5 minutes, on NYE last year.

Haven't seen TAR28  :(

Pumped for for TAR29 and 30!  :cheer:

(I have also seen TAR Canada 1 and parts of 2, TAR Asia 1 and all of the Australian versions)

That's it for me! Can't wait to see what others have to say!  :)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #422 on: November 27, 2016, 12:01:46 AM »
Sorry but you clearly have some bad taste.

SL 2 is widely acclaimed by most here as one of the best legs of TAR24

:groan:

Yes I know! I actually liked TAR24...

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #423 on: November 28, 2016, 09:19:35 AM »
I like TAR 24 only because of having Caroline & Jennifer in it
The leg structure was terrible
Everyone still remember country singers lost because of pulling a clue 4 seconds behind Dave
That is the most stupid siutation in TAR

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #424 on: November 28, 2016, 02:29:08 PM »
I like TAR 24 only because of having Caroline & Jennifer in it

Oh yes. Would go forget Caroline and Jennifer  :colors