The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Previous TAR Seasons Discussions

<< < (64/180) > >>

HavaDrPepper:

--- Quote from: dryedmangoez on October 28, 2015, 04:48:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: gamerfan09 on October 28, 2015, 09:10:40 AM ---
TAR8 is actually amazing in hindsight? Really fun season with an amazing cast!

--- End quote ---

YES IT IS!!! :yess:  :hearts:
One of the best, most balanced casts who were competitive and hilarious and full of drama.  And all the whining over the US-only route seems kinda petty now when TARs in China, Canada, Vietnam, the Philippines and Latin America all staged okay to great seasons in their own backyards.  :cheer:

--- End quote ---

I finished watching TAR 8 the other day.  I liked it the first time around and even more the 2nd time!  I loved seeing places in the USA highlighted. Makes me want to visit them.

I was curious what the Linz family was up to these days and googled Megan Linz.  Found this article posted recently on the 10th anniversary of the TAR8 finale

http://wvxu.org/post/where-are-they-now-linz-kids-who-won-1-million-amazing-race#stream/0

Declive:
TAR 3, 18 and 26 are surely tied for the best ones in my list.

Declive:
21 was good a lot too

naejae91:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on December 06, 2015, 07:46:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: claude_24hrs on December 05, 2015, 10:17:52 PM ---Besides with the current 27th season not involving self-driving, did any older TAR seasons without any car sponsors like Ford?

--- End quote ---
I think TAR3 was the last season; it had self-driving, but I don't know if there were car sponsors, just electronics and international travel (Kodak in Singapore, T-Mobile call in Switzerland, and 1st place cruise rewards). :ascared I remember season 4 - 17 was Mercedes-Benz's time to shine though it was mostly subtle.

--- End quote ---

But I remember they used Mercedes on Germany/Austria and Switzerland leg on TAR3.

Anyways I found the Switzerland leg quality was getting declined over as the season progress. It was amazing on TAR3, and TAR22/TAR24 Swiss leg was ugh induced.

Impromptu Swiss leg ranking
TAR3 Swiss 1 > TAR3 Swiss 2 > TAR14 Swiss > TAR18 Swiss 1 > TAR18 Swiss 2 > TAR22 Swiss > TAR24 Swiss

BritishTARFan:
Re-watching S11, episode 1 is so terrible. What is the leg design, The detour did not matter at all so the only thing that changed placements were the drive to Cotopaxi. Most teams weren't even shown completing the detour! They Flew to Quito went to a plaza, Went to a restaurant and slept overnight. They drove to Cotopaxi National Park and performed a very linear detour before running to a Pitstop! It was pretty crap  :cmaslol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version