The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Previous TAR Seasons Discussions

<< < (41/180) > >>

dryedmangoez:
Okay someone tell me I'm not insane because there are some TAR fans who are actually saying the early seasons are horrible garbage.  What!?
Now I know these aren't just people trolling, it's actual TAR fans who believe seasons like TAR3 and TAR5 suck compared to the likes of anything post-TAR12.  Is this part of the strange "casuals" mindset?  Or have I been totally wrong this whole time?

Please, someone tell me I'm not crazy in thinking this is the first time I've ever seen anyone think the early seasons were anything but good? ESPECIALLY compared to contemporary TAR?  :nut:  :crazy:

Alenaveda:
You're not crazy, you're not wrong.  You're not the only one who loves those seasons and thinks that post-TAR 12 seasons can't stand comparisons against previous ones.

dryedmangoez:
Oh good, thank you.  I was starting to doubt my entire TAR-watching experience. 

Had David & Margaretta trekking down to the Fast Forward at Victoria Falls, Teri's pants falling down, Flo's basket meltdown, Charla getting electrocuted, Jon doing the final Road Block naked, the best, closest finish ever, Gretchen getting her head busted open, the Paolos putting on their underwear over their clothes and Mama Weaver getting run over by an Amish buggy all been a dream, I started to wonder.

:funny:

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: dryedmangoez on April 26, 2014, 05:55:58 PM ---Okay someone tell me I'm not insane because there are some TAR fans who are actually saying the early seasons are horrible garbage.  What!?
Now I know these aren't just people trolling, it's actual TAR fans who believe seasons like TAR3 and TAR5 suck compared to the likes of anything post-TAR12.  Is this part of the strange "casuals" mindset?  Or have I been totally wrong this whole time?

Please, someone tell me I'm not crazy in thinking this is the first time I've ever seen anyone think the early seasons were anything but good? ESPECIALLY compared to contemporary TAR?  :nut:  :crazy:

--- End quote ---
I believe a few of the frequent fans as I like to call them are referring to the pioneer seasons' TEAM DYNAMICS in general since the editing was awesome at delivering natural personalities, the sights were astounding, and the tasks were simplistic, but opened people's minds about worldwide cultures and ecotourism.

Remember, some frequent and bandwagon fans only watch TAR for the liking and bashing of teams, and they don't give a darn grain of sand for the tasks or sights they travel to. I know this because I have chatted to a couple of Chicago friends about TAR and all they only mention is this team there, this team that, zero mentions of the sights or tasks in the episode. :umn:

RachelLeVega:
Since we're talking about the earlier seasons, I would like to know what everyone else's favorite pioneer season is (from TAR1-TAR5). It's definitely how TAR got its name in the 1st place, pun intended.

I happened to thoroughly enjoy TAR5 because there were teams of different backgrounds ranging from the infamous Charla & Mirna to the broken ox classics of Colin & Christie. The route was absolutely exhilarating as it touched base on all six inhabited continents with tasks each holding a taste of their culture and adventure outings. Who could ever forget Karen rolling around in a Zorb and almost beating Colin scaling a Filipino cliff, Charla handling a giant chunk of rare beef and outsmarting her dwarfism, Bob & Joyce ziplining into a hotel pool and romantic caviar dinner, and visiting the ancient land of Egypt with the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx?

And also...

:partie: 1,000 post, 1-0-0-0, 1,000 post, 1-0-0-0
:partie: :conf: :ya3: :ya3: :ya3: :conf:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version