Author Topic: VANUATU IT IS !!!  (Read 18213 times)

RupertRocks33

Re: VANUATU IT IS !!!
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2004, 04:13:38 PM »
It was my 3rd (2 and 7 before it) the only reason it wasnt 2nd was because the Africa location wasnt good. They didnt fish or hunt they just  got water and eat beans or w/e. Thats not survivor thats bein lazy. But Tom saved it!  ;D

RupertRocks33

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2004, 04:15:21 PM »
Oh by the way I missed only 5 eps. of Survivor!  ;D I even know which ones. 2 and 3 of the 1st one 7th of 3 and 7th of 6 and 7th of 7! I know miss 7 alot but I dont mean to.

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2004, 06:46:15 PM »
I haven't missed a single one since it started.... However, I cannot really remember Australia that well.. That's why I cannot wait for it to come out on DVD...

Rob, do you know when this might happen?
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

RupertRocks33

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2004, 07:58:25 PM »
If anyone recorded the PI 8th eps. (thats the one i missed not 7th) would someone let me buy from them or borrow it I never did see it.  >:(

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2004, 08:16:38 PM »
I dont know why people dont like the Africa season. The location rocked, the cast was awesome (for me, Kelly, Kim P, Teresa, Tom, Ethan) and it had the best music in my opinion. The only thing that was bad about it was everyone was whining about water (if they do it there again they can give them a water hole similar to the thailand or pearlislands ones). But my favorite location was definately Australia. I am kind of tired of Island ones and would love to see them go to a forest or desert/steppe type thing.

RupertRocks33

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2004, 08:25:14 PM »
Well Vanuatu is Islands so u better get ready!  ;D But wat was so good about Africas location like u said all they did was whine about water didnt hunt or anything. If it hadnt been for Tom they survivor would have sucked. They probably had the best cast.

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2004, 08:28:04 PM »
What was good about the location for me was that it was different. It probably had the most exotic animals, and the environment was threatening. On these island Survivors you dont see a lion come up to the camp at night, or hear zebras in the background. You dont see elephants and giraffes walking all over the place. Also it was just such a vast and different environment. I am looking forward to Vanuatu very much, but the whole "the dead control the living" thing might suck because they might screw up the season like the did with Outcasts.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2004, 08:45:41 PM »
I think the twist this season will a group of voted out tribemates will get to vote out someone IN THE GAME!! That would be a awsome twist!

Rob

RupertRocks33

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2004, 08:48:01 PM »
That would be pretty cool!  ;D

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2004, 08:51:20 PM »
I think that would suck, because I think once you are out, you are out and you shouldnt be able to do anything (unless you are on the Jury). Thats just me though. I like it when the players actually in the game have control. Outcast just sucked (they voted in the 2 worst people to make it even more worse)

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2004, 09:15:29 PM »
lol yeah it was

RupertRocks33

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2004, 09:23:23 PM »
The only good thing was when Michelle said "Revenge Baby Total Revenge" that was SO hot!  ;D

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2004, 09:24:59 PM »
That was awesome, and when Michelle and Nicole got votes to go back in. And I liked what Michelle said when she voted for Nicole

RupertRocks33

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2004, 09:26:25 PM »
I DIDNT SEE THAT!  :-[ and u wont let me borrow it!  :-\ watd they say if u cant say on the board pm me.

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2004, 09:30:41 PM »
She said "Nicole, I know youre one bad b****, and I know you'll go and get 'em" thats what she said.

RupertRocks33

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2004, 09:32:20 PM »
 ;D :o HAHA LMFAO!  :;>) I thought Burton also voted for Nichole? so how did Lil get 4 votes?

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2004, 09:34:59 PM »
Lillian got 3, I will post the link that shows who voted for who

Who voted for who: http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S7E07bTC

RupertRocks33

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2004, 09:37:16 PM »
Thanks ive never know how they voted some guy told me wrong.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2004, 01:16:18 AM »
Cool~Satellite Image of S9 Locale
Compliments Space Imaging

http://www.claycritters.com/map/survivor_9_sat.htm

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2004, 01:22:30 AM »
http://www.claycritters.com/map/survivor_9_map.htm

Not sure if this one was posted yet??

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2004, 12:52:05 AM »
That satellite map is neat, I love how the clouds just hover over like little dots.  Thanks for posting Puddin

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2004, 09:18:38 AM »
Tks Bathfizzy ... :-* It looks like a beautiful place..can't wait till  Survivor 9  :D

Offline Spooky

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2004, 05:57:30 PM »
Great picture! Don't know how you find all the info. Keep it up. :D :D
"Cats work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause the most inconvenience."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2004, 08:38:06 PM »
tks Spooky  :-* My secret is I have a Google news alert..thats all   O:) Oh and I joined the Yahoo virtualvanuatu@eGroups.com

Posted on Wed, Jun. 30, 2004

`Survivor' puts Pacific nation on virtual map

By Mike Cassidy

Mercury News

The Web is all about making the world smaller. And sometimes it's amazing just how small it can be.

Marke Lowen has been thinking about this now that all eyes in reality TV-land are on Vanuatu.

Really. They are. Von-ew-WHA-tu. Why?

``Survivor,'' baby.

Oh, you do so watch it. And right now, host Jeff Probst and the scantily clad contestants are filming this fall's installment on a tiny island in the South Pacific country.

It's like dropping Manhattan on Green Acres -- both in the real and virtual worlds.

The real world island has been invaded by helicopters, boats and what locals say is a production crew of 300. And then there is Virtual Vanuatu, a digital land Lowen founded on Yahoo Groups to spread understanding about the country he moved to in 1984.

``Just recently,'' says Lowen, who runs Vanuatu Online www.vanuatu.net.vu, ``I found, we had a 24-hour period where we were four hits short of 200,000.''

Compare that to 10,000 a day before ``Survivor.''

Lowen, a 47-year-old Australian photographer, brought the Internet to Vanuatu after a 1996 visit to MacWorld in San Francisco.

He returned to the South Pacific armed with advice on launching a site and two Seagate hard drives, which landed him in the company's 1996 annual report.

But let's just say this isn't what he pictured.

``Sitting out here, you don't contemplate all this stuff,'' Lowen says from Efate (pop. 50,000), one of 83 islands making up the country.

Things have been crowded on Lowen's site, and his related Yahoo group since CBS announced ``Survivor: Vanuatu'' last month.

Posts on the Virtual Vanuatu group nearly tripled from April to May. Most of the discussions still revolve around politics, tourism and culture. Is the national airline, which consists of one 737, well-run? Can the historic Rossi bar be saved from developers? Will fishermen ferry travelers among the islands?

But among those messages you'll now find a debate over ``Survivor.''

Will the group be swamped by pop culture chatter? Are some of the curious actually spies for ``Survivor'' fan sites? Should the show's producers set up a charity for Vanuatu? Aren't those who watch ``Survivor'' intellectual weaklings? Does Vanuatu stand to lose or gain?

Lowen eventually appealed for a ``cooling off'' period. The ``Survivor'' chatter has subsided, but Lowen expects more when the show airs in the fall.

``I think the old members are worried about what kind of riff-raff might join with `Survivor,' '' he says. ``Is this virtual environmental pollution of a sort?''

It has all left Lowen, the group's moderator, with a new dilemma. He believes in a free Internet and is loath to ban people from the group. But, he wonders how big the group will grow.

``There is the potential to really screw it up,'' he says.

For now, he's willing to accept the rough and tumble.

``It could be good for Vanuatu,'' he says. ``Even if they are only `Survivor' freaks, if they start to engage in conversations on other little topics. . . ''

In fact, Lowen wonders whether he should use ``Survivor'' to drive traffic and advertisers to his Vanuatu site.

``I've been given a glimpse of the horizon,'' he says. ``It would be silly not to at least try to capitalize on it.''

Vanuatu, welcome to the rest of the world.

VANUATU'S VITALS

Geography: 83 islands in a Y-shape stretching about 500 miles. Several islands have active volcanoes.

Population: About 200,000

Capital: Port Vila on the island of Efate. ``Survivor'' is shooting on a nearby island.

Government: A republic with an elected parliament and president.

Languages: About 100, including English. Bislama, a form of Pidgin English, is spoken throughout the country.

Life: Most of Vanuatu's people are Melanesians, and 80 percent of the population lives in rural villages. Farming is the primary occupation.

Tourism: About 50,000 visitors a year who stay at the islands' resorts and hotels. Another 50,000 visitors a year arrive by cruise ships and visit for the day.

Claim to business fame: Vanuatu is a tax haven a la Bermuda, Cayman Islands, etc. Sharman Networks, the company behind Kazaa, is incorporated there.

Tough break of 2004: Cyclone Ivy hit in February, killing one.

Source: World Book encyclopedia, Vanuatu Tourism Office, AAP Information Services, Vanuatu Online.

Offline bunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2004, 08:22:33 PM »
It sure looks like a pretty place . Has anyone here ever been to Vanuatu ?