Author Topic: Diana or Fantasia ?  (Read 5626 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Diana or Fantasia ?
« on: May 25, 2004, 09:27:08 PM »
I had to vote for Fantasia tonight .. I still have chills from her singing tonight..she was right on  :;>)

Offline drumstyx47

• RFF Full Member
  • Emilio says: Go check out Survivor: Second Chance!
Re: Diana or Fantasia ?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 11:05:04 PM »
heck ya, puddin!!!!
fantasia knocked my socks off!!!
"I stick around until they start talking about gay stuff or Jesus stuff, then i just walk away" -Rudy, on Tagi's group discussions

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 10:31:52 AM »
Yay drumstyx I can't wait for tonight..

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 11:04:05 AM »
OMG.....I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo upset to hear that you guys voted for Fantasia.

When Diana sang the song written especially for the AI, I got goosebumps.  If Fantasia releases that song the way she sang it last night, I dont think I will ever watch another episode of AI.  (thats probobly a lie)  I just dont understand what everyone sees in Fantasia...I think she sounds like a Duck or Macy Grey...either way I never was a fan of Macy Grey.  I dont think Fantasia can sing a slow song and have the same impact on the audience the way that Diana does.  WHen she sings a fast song she just yells into the mic and bouces around like a chicken with her head cut off!!

Sorry for venting but I just dont like her so much!
Hopefully I am not alone in my opinion!!!

What does everyone else think?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 11:07:40 AM »
Don't be mad Pittgirl..Diana has a beautiful voice..and I won't be upset if she wins..I just think that Fantasia sings effortlessly, a natural.. thats just my opinion  :-*

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 11:10:40 AM »
I think there are a lot of people like you puddin!  Thats why i worry for Diana.  With Fantasia you either love her or hate her but wiht DIana, people like her but they think Fantasia is better!  I hope those Diana fans really come through in Snellville!  I cant wait until tonight!

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 12:58:05 PM »
I had to vote for Diana (as many times as I could get through) rather than Fantasia.  Fantasia is a good singer and she has good stage presence, but I keep trying to think of myself actually listening to her on a CD, without the benefit of the emotional performance she always brings forth.  I don't think I can stand her voice for extended periods of time.  Diana stumbled a little on that last song, but, gee, her nerves must have been in knots.  I feel that Diana could be a singer like Barbra Streisand, and when I see Fantasia all I can think of is Whitney Houston.  One has a gift and makes it work for her, the other has a gift and has let her life go to hell.  I guess that's kind of a strange parallel to draw, but Fantasia is 19 and hasn't exactly demonstrated sound judgement up to this point.  American Idol is the best thing to happen to her, career-wise.

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 04:10:20 PM »
Wow amikino,  I totally agree with what you are saying about listening to Fantasia on a CD - it would annoy me pretty quickly.  Who knew that I would ever agree with an evil Surfan?   ;) ;) :-*

Honestly this finale of AI for me is the least interesing one they have had yet.  Although I am quite anti-Fantasia, I am not completely gung-ho Diana (like I was for Clay last season).  I am not too concerned with who wins tonight.  It is one of those things that if I were to miss it, I wouldn't really mind too much (not that I am going to - I'm just sayin' 8) ) .

Oh, and please vote for Refaforu a.k.a. the "kewl" tribe.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 12:40:10 AM »
Yes, I am a Diana fan.  I think she fits the "pop idol" model more than Fantasia.  I think they both are very talented and can sing but I could not listen to Fantasia -- as her voice is very annoying.  And everytime everyone  else got chills and got emotional when she sang Summertime, I fast forwarded it on my VCR because I couldn't stand it. 

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 09:32:47 AM »
I just got back from vacation and had to drive through North Carolina.....when we were driving we were fl;ipping through the radio stations and all you heard about was Fabtasia and they played her song soooooo much!  I got sick of it pretty quick ALREADY!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 06:16:22 PM »
Hey Pittgirl  :D :D we missed you .. :-*!! Glad to have you back ..so where did you go ? What did you do? Wheres my presents?  ;D
                                                       hugs....puddin

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 11:05:43 AM »
I was in South Carolina....................the beautiful beach with beautiful weather!  Had a great time at the beach in the day and the bars by night.  So sad to be back....i am ready for another vacation and I have only been back for 2 days! 

Anything new around here while I was gone....I tried to catch up on all the stuff I missed......hopefully not too much!
 Still looking most forward to TAR............it just cant come soon enough!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2004, 01:22:04 PM »
I'm glad to hear that you had a great time Pittgirl  :-*..Check out the amazing race topic..theirs a Allison chat and she confirmed what you already told us  8)...Ally and Donny are not dating any more.. ;)..its really cool to have someone that knows Donny posting on this board !!Thanks Pittgirl..your the best   O0 !!

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 10:57:14 AM »
thanks puddin.....that was the first place I went too!  What a great interview that was.  I will post anything else I have in the right board!  LOL ;D

Offline Dunk Fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 01:04:06 PM »
Sorry it's off the topic, but how do you get those pictures underneath your name?