Author Topic: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation  (Read 124254 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation
« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2011, 04:17:16 PM »
If the intersection is Cape Town, then my ideas seem more possible by the minute...

Leg 1: Melbourne and Indonesia (non-elimination)
Leg 2: Vietnam (Liberty and Ryot eliminated in Vung Tau)
Leg 3: Hue, Vietnam? (non-elimination?)
Leg 3/4: Hong Kong for 30mins and Macau, China (Ann-Marie and Tracy eliminated)
Leg 4/5: Johannesburg, South Africa (3rd team Eliminated)
and then Cape Town, where the intersection with 8 occurs!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2011, 07:03:17 PM »
I think Leg 7 will actually be Krakow

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2011, 08:02:28 PM »
If the intersection is Cape Town, then my ideas seem more possible by the minute...

Can you post your reasoning for each of these please?? I am not getting it.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2011, 08:20:57 PM »

Can you post your reasoning for each of these please?? I am not getting it.

Tom and Matt - seen enroute to Sri Lanka
Richard and Joey - photo enroute to Johannesburg
Sam and Renae - photo enroute to Johannesburg
Alana and Mel - seen in Jo'Burg and said "Make your way to Cape Town"
Nathan and Tyler - spotted in Jo'Burg
Mo and Mos - seen in promos in desert plains...where is that, Cape Town?
Jeff and Luke - seen in pictures, seen in dunes on buggies etc.
Chris and Anastasia - seen in Archery promo in Germany??
David and Kelly - seen saying "Africa!!"

Anne-Marie and Tracy - spotted last saying "Make your way to Hong Kong"
Liberty and Ryot - spotted last saying "Make your way to Vietnam" at Indonesia pit-start

At the moment this is all speculation, so that is why it is in speculation, but it all fits well enough... :tup:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #229 on: April 14, 2011, 08:24:58 PM »
Why is the archery Germany? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2011, 08:37:03 PM »
It is only speculation but the surrounding lake, scenery and architecture looks European...mind you so does the background of the teams saying 'Africa!' and that should be in Macau. Macau does have a Portugese feel in some places though, doesn't it? Or am I mistaken?  :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #231 on: April 14, 2011, 09:32:26 PM »
I have no idea where these shots all are ...yet!! And so it seems way too soon to me to call elims based on caps that we have NOT ID'd yet as being definitively in one country or another...and a we are close but not 100% on the route either. So at this point seems a stretch to me to call an elim order.

Y'all are ahead of me, I am still getting to know the teams though. :lol:

Just want us to be VERY sure before we jump the gun. People look to us for accuracy... and retractions suck!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2011, 10:12:09 PM »
This is speculation, Peach. This is the right place to be speculating, you taught me the right place to go to speculate and that's what I am doing. And tbh, it is obvious how the race course is shaping up, and I am pretty sure as to the first 2 teams out as of now. Sadly, I don't think Anne-Marie and Tracy will go past 3/4 Legs!

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2011, 11:28:36 PM »
Why is the archery Germany? ???

We can't be certain that it is in Germany, but it is definitely in one of the European legs. The racer is wearing long-sleeved bloused and the trees are without leaves, so that's consistent with shooting in Europe in fall. Also on the back ground we can see buildings beige or yellow in colour, that remind me of the 19th century architectural style that is so predominant in central european countries and I think there is also a tall building that could be a church belltower.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #234 on: April 14, 2011, 11:38:03 PM »
Could it be Krakow??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: April 14, 2011, 11:40:43 PM »
It is definitely European, of course. But I cannot be sure as to where, of course. Just speculation, and it could be Krakow, Poland.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #236 on: April 15, 2011, 06:15:24 AM »
I have heard rumours of Krakow too, the river looks very similar, but I cant find a matching photo or satelite view to confirm it.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: April 15, 2011, 07:31:39 AM »
No Philippines. I'm sure of that. (Or else I might have been seen in TAR: Oz already!) :lol: (Ok, I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think they visited the Philippines. :angel)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: April 15, 2011, 07:42:15 AM »
I have heard rumours of Krakow too, the river looks very similar, but I cant find a matching photo or satelite view to confirm it.

There is a bridge on the background. It looks like an old-fashioned one with arches, but the bridges I've managed to found in Krakow, on the Vistula river they don't look similar.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: April 15, 2011, 11:51:47 PM »
They didn't visit the Phillipines

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2011, 06:44:54 AM »
We're overlooking the obvious, I think. This fits with the timing and all known facts:

Start: Melbourne
Leg 1: Lombok (presskit pics confirm, among other things, that the graveyard Detour task is replaced by the bakso-selling from TARA1 and that the rappelling is a RoadBlock)
Legs 2/3: Vietnam (Vung Tau from TARI and Hue from TARA3)
Leg 4: Macau via Hong Kong (Macau spoilered, HK mentioned by name in commercial)
Legs 5/6: South Africa (Skydive landsite in ads looks like Garden Route Pit Stop from TARI, "red liquid into funnel" task in Anastasia/Chris commercial is likely the Wine task recycled from that TARI leg and the TARA4 visit to NZ)
Leg 7: Krakow via Germany (Preview with the "we've only been here for 30 mins" comment clearly shows the Old Opera House, also seen in TARA2)
Leg 8: Israel (yeah... not going over this one again)
Leg 9: Italy (rumoured to be where the Stockmen were flying to from Tel Aviv, though it's not a logical connection to Colombo, and they've made a point of putting the Colosseum into every preview ad)
Leg 10: Sri Lanka
Leg 11: Singapore
Leg 12": Perth

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2011, 10:33:02 PM »
We could soon get a possible leak of all destinations! On May 1, Pump Water will start a promotion where you can win a trip to the international destinations of The Amazing Race Australia. Would love to see the Terms & Conditions of this competition when it starts! T&Cs for competitions are quite strict in Australia and hopefully outlines the conditions in detail:

http://www.facebook.com/pumpaustralia
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: April 20, 2011, 11:31:57 PM »
In one of the previews, Richard and Joey appear to be bald when reading the clue at St. Pauls Ruins in Macau. Fast Forward, explaining how they got an earlier flight to Cape Town?

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: April 26, 2011, 11:14:08 PM »
It seems fairly clear that the skydive landing site -- in a deserty area -- is also functioning as a Pit Stop. But the preview with all the "fly to..." clue readings suggests fairly strongly that the first South African Pit Stop is in a treelined area (Alana & Mel's reading of the Cape Town clue is far too posed). Since there are no deserts in any of the other surrounding areas, and we know every task from the Indonesia episode (abseil in Melbourne, rice-throwing ritual, bakso-selling/fruit-balancing Detour, and the scuba/money task), does that imply the skydive happens in Israel? The landscape does seem similar to where Grant is in his "Watch out world... the Aussies are coming!" bit too.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2011, 09:23:40 AM »
It seems fairly clear that the skydive landing site -- in a deserty area -- is also functioning as a Pit Stop. But the preview with all the "fly to..." clue readings suggests fairly strongly that the first South African Pit Stop is in a treelined area (Alana & Mel's reading of the Cape Town clue is far too posed). Since there are no deserts in any of the other surrounding areas, and we know every task from the Indonesia episode (abseil in Melbourne, rice-throwing ritual, bakso-selling/fruit-balancing Detour, and the scuba/money task), does that imply the skydive happens in Israel? The landscape does seem similar to where Grant is in his "Watch out world... the Aussies are coming!" bit too.
The aircraft they are jumping out of ( ZS-PSG Cessna 550 Citation Bravo ) is registered in South Africa...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2011, 09:34:57 AM »

tarflyonthewall,

I concur with your geographic assessments. These legs are in areas with no deserts:

Melbourne
Bali
Hue
Macau
Frankfurt
Sri Lanka
Freemantle

Israel is virtually all desert. Within reasonable driving distance from Capetown, South Africa are 5 deserts:

Atlantis Dunes
Namib
Karoo (note- some would consider these two to be consolidated as the Namib Karib)
Richtersveld
Kalahari (this is really quite a distance)

Offline the_insider

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2011, 12:40:42 AM »
Noticed this comp just advertised.

http://www.fox.com.au/win/the-amazing-race-australia

Watch out world, the Aussies are coming! The Amazing Race Australia is coming soon to Channel Seven, and the FOX can give you the chance to see it first.

Eleven teams will give the race a distinctively Aussie feel when they embark on a 50,000 kilometre, 4 continent, 12 country, 23 city adventure.

With Grant Bowler hosting, and the teams racing across Africa, Europe, Asia and the Middle East for the chance to win $250,000, this show will be amazing!!

So get a head start on the race with the FOX Exclusive Preview Screening at Village Cinemas Crown.

This is MUST see television – and you MUST see it at the Exclusive Premiere!

Monday 9th May 2011
Village Cinemas Crown
6pm – Refreshments & Popcorn
6.30pm - Exclusive Screening Starts
8pm – Screening concludes

To win this Exclusive experience, please enter your details below and get ready to RACE!

Does this mean screening will start that night or that week?  I note that there are 4 eps of the US series still to screen here, but there is a double episode on next Wed 4th.  That would still leave another 2 before the Wednesday 930 timeslot opens up.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #247 on: May 02, 2011, 04:14:43 AM »
The US season will air two eps on May 4th and the 2-hour finale on May 11th in Australia, so that means that if TAR Aus is taking a Wednesday timeslot, it can do so on the 18th.

I'm assuming that the Australian version will air on Channel Seven and not on Mate?
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline the_insider

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #248 on: May 08, 2011, 08:44:52 PM »
Ch 7 have started screening some promos for it, and TARA will commence next Monday 16th May at 8:30pm.  Not long to wait now.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #249 on: May 10, 2011, 09:48:59 AM »
Ch 7 have started screening some promos for it, and TARA will commence next Monday 16th May at 8:30pm.  Not long to wait now.

And according to the Channel Seven website's TV Guide:

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/tv-guide/73/0/5/21/

The premiere will be 90 MINUTES!!!!!!!! :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥