Author Topic: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation  (Read 124251 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
With the new influx of posts re Perth, seems totally possible? I just wasn't thinking we were back to the home ground so soon!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2010, 05:21:42 PM »
With the new influx of posts re Perth, seems totally possible? I just wasn't thinking we were back to the home ground so soon!
Yes and we missed them by a day. Its early morning now in Perth, so either teams have finished the race already or they are off for another Australian destination  :duno:
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2010, 07:35:06 PM »
If Perth/Freo is indeed the final leg, that would give us a 25 day race. Teams were first sighted at the MCG on 5/11.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2010, 07:52:53 PM »
If Perth/Freo is indeed the final leg, that would give us a 25 day race. Teams were first sighted at the MCG on 5/11.
Well seems like its definately NOT a round the world race. We have had some speculation but it seems like we have been led off down the wrong path in a few places. I hope we can gather more info about Perth/Fremantle soon and some photos start emerging.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2010, 09:33:45 PM »
Well seems like its definately NOT a round the world race. We have had some speculation but it seems like we have been led off down the wrong path in a few places. I hope we can gather more info about Perth/Fremantle soon and some photos start emerging.

Im assuming you are talking about either Singapore or Sri Lanka?

My guess is they went through Asia to Africa, then did a U-Turn and came back via Europe and Asia.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2010, 10:03:31 PM »

Im assuming you are talking about either Singapore or Sri Lanka?
I think the main issue is that we assumed the race would be a bit longer, like around 30 instead of 25 days long. And we originally expected them to go round the World, possibly ending up in Sydney final leg not Perth. The "14 Great Countries" was also a bit of a mystery. But bascially everything after Cape Town, South Africa has been speculation only, Although Israel and Singapore look pretty good.

If they did go to Perth yesterday, lets not assume the race is over until we find more evidence. Keep looking people!! :umn:

Offline E-K-ISR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
The OZ version is probably similar to the Israeli version - AUS, South Africa and Asia countries only. No Europe and Americas. It's way too expensive and financially unworthy making a 5 continents version  in countries other than the US.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2010, 01:20:00 AM »
Seven is co-producing this with Disney, and they're already spending much more on reality shows than they used to (they spent $21 million on The X-Factor this year, and that's a simple studio-based program for the most part), so there's going to be a veritable crapload of money in the show's budget.

What if there's a leg in Jordan, not Israel, that takes them from Amman to the Dead Sea, and then the teams take charter flights to Ben-Gurion airport in Tel Aviv on their way out? Tel Aviv's on the Mediterranean shore, and to get to the Dead Sea from there you'd have to go through the West Bank, which is most definitely not going to happen. On the other hand, the Jordanian side of the Dead Sea is completely peaceful. And the Israeli crews used for TAR Israel could be assisting, explaining the hotel picture?

I'm guessing our route is something like:

Start: Melbourne
Leg 1: Lombok (recycling the Indonesia leg from TAR Asia 4)
Leg 2: somewhere in Vietnam (I'm guessing they might recycle the Vung Tau leg from TAR Israel, judging by the lack of spoilers?)
Leg 3: Hue (recycling the Hue leg from TAR Asia 3?)
Leg 4: Macau (recycling the Macau leg from TAR Asia 3, with the blackjack task substituted for baccarat?)
Leg 5: Cape Town (TBC, possibly recycling elements of both TAR Asia 2's and TAR Israel's visits)
Leg 6: rural South Africa (recycling TAR Israel's first leg)
Leg 7: New York City (flights connecting via Frankfurt, teams seen there, I have strong suggestions from a friend at ActiveTV that there's at least one North American leg)
Leg 8: Toronto (since the potential task planning spoiler there can't have been for TAR18, which headed in the wrong direction after starting)
Leg 9: Jordan [?]
Leg 10: Sri Lanka (recycling elements of the TAR Asia 4 legs)
Leg 11: Singapore
Leg 12: Perth/Fremantle
Leg 13?: If there is one, I'd say it's on the east coast somewhere

McKay does seem to like zigzaggy routes lately, going by how crisscrossy this season's TAR Asia route has been. For Aussie fans who are only familiar with TAR US, we'd have two completely new countries (Indonesia and Jordan), plus a Pit Stop in a country that's never had a Pit Stop before (Canada), plus three legs in countries that haven't been on TAR in a long long time (Sri Lanka last appeared in TAR6, South Africa in TAR7, and the US -- and indeed, the entire North American continent -- hasn't had a proper Pit Stop since TAR8). It'd be a pretty decent route.

Here's what the Amazing Yellow Line would look like, assuming this route is correct (I've only put one stop in for the two-part South Africa leg) (ETA: Sorry for the size, it's not letting me scale it down :( ):

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2010, 01:35:53 AM »

Leg 13?: If there is one, I'd say it's on the east coast somewhere

There is strong evidence to suggest the race ended in Perth.

Offline Heather7

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2010, 03:40:43 AM »
Both Richard and Joey Marc are back on facebook - so I assume everyone is back. Are there any ideas as to where the eliminated contestants had to wait till the end of the race?

Offline billy bob

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2010, 04:34:34 AM »
[heather how do u know this that they are both on their facebook ? just curious as i couldnt find them when i searched ?

Offline Heather7

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2010, 05:41:33 AM »
You need to search Richard Marc Toutounji (full name) I'm awaiting a friend confirmation and last night it showed him accepting friend requests and Joey liked a comment on the facebook "The Amazing Race Australia" Page

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2010, 12:02:47 AM »
" I have strong suggestions from a friend at ActiveTV that there's at least one North American leg"

I really do hope Toronto is true.
This lead baffles me. It seems legitimate coming directly from the source itself... but we haven't had any sitings in North America when you would think there would be bucket loads of spotting.

Also, if they did go to Nth America, the fact the came back to Asia again and not go around the World seems a bit weird to me expecially if they are trying to save money.

I had strong information too that they would end up in Sydney final leg too, but this didn't eventuate either... Maybe we were thrown off or misled? We will never know till we have more factual evidence.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
" I have strong suggestions from a friend at ActiveTV that there's at least one North American leg"

I really do hope Toronto is true.
This lead baffles me. It seems legitimate coming directly from the source itself... but we haven't had any sitings in North America when you would think there would be bucket loads of spotting.

Also, if they did go to Nth America, the fact the came back to Asia again and not go around the World seems a bit weird to me expecially if they are trying to save money.

I had strong information too that they would end up in Sydney final leg too, but this didn't eventuate either... Maybe we were thrown off or misled? We will never know till we have more factual evidence.

leads also included Bhutan and the Domincan Republic... :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2010, 11:25:40 PM »
If North America is true, maybe they went somewhere south of the USA, where the race would not be as well known. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Caribbean countries considered part of North America?
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2010, 02:11:19 PM »
Article with Phil:

So you might think hosting Amazing Race would be starting to pall, but a decade in, Keoghan still seems enthusiastic about it. And it still is an amazing show. Fingers crossed the Australian version measures up.

"I would like to think it will," Keoghan says. "I mean, I hope that it is made at the same level, with the same quality. I think Australians deserve it. They've wanted it for a long time.

"There's no doubting any of the talents of anybody in Australia. Execution of the production and all of that, that'll be all covered. The issue is really going to come down to making sure that they get the right cast. And that Australians care. You know that Australians can be pretty critical when they want to be."

Of course, the prize money in the Australian version might also be substantially less than $1 million dollars as well. Will it have the GST out of it? Keoghan wants to know.

much more here:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad-application/plane-crazy/story-fn6cc2jw-1225971006941
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2010, 10:13:46 PM »
If North America is true, maybe they went somewhere south of the USA, where the race would not be as well known. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Caribbean countries considered part of North America?

All except for Trinidad and Tobago, which is technically part of South America.

They could be hiding in plain sight to avoid spoilers, in a big city where people are seen as "too busy to care", the way Burnett approached filming of The Apprentice in New York.

DavidJunior

« Reply #192 on: December 17, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »

All except for Trinidad and Tobago, which is technically part of South America.

They could be hiding in plain sight to avoid spoilers, in a big city where people are seen as "too busy to care", the way Burnett approached filming of The Apprentice in New York.

Tho Trinidad and Tobago is much much closer to S.A. it is still very much part of the North American continent

same thing with the Netherlands Antilles (Aruba, Curacao, etc)

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2011, 02:49:21 AM »
As predicted, Channel 7 are starting to show some promos for The Amazing Race Australia. In the next couple of weeks the TV networks heavily promote all of this years new season shows after the summer break.

The promo I saw was only short, no info at all about contestants or countries. Also no air date or clue if it will be shown early, middle or late 2011. Keep an eye out for more promos soon!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2011, 04:02:19 AM »
As predicted, Channel 7 are starting to show some promos for The Amazing Race Australia. In the next couple of weeks the TV networks heavily promote all of this years new season shows after the summer break.

The promo I saw was only short, no info at all about contestants or countries. Also no air date or clue if it will be shown early, middle or late 2011. Keep an eye out for more promos soon!

I expect it will be shown just after TAR18 to try and cash in on the popularity of the returning racers.

Offline Castle

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2011, 05:08:15 AM »
The first promo for The Amazing Race Australia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCB4-IJtyT8

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2011, 03:32:25 PM »
The first promo for The Amazing Race Australia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCB4-IJtyT8

Thank you  :hearts: and welcome to the board!! :bigwelcome

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »
Thank you SO much Castle!! And :welcome2: to RFF!

Love the hoppity kangaroos!! And are there clues in there?? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2011, 05:04:45 PM »
Love the hoppity kangaroos!! And are there clues in there?? :lol:

Yeh looks like they will be hopping to a lot of places! Including a couple of locations in Saudi Arabia!  :lol3:

Offline Castle

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2011, 05:17:34 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes! I've been a lurker for a little while, thought I may as well (finally) join when I came across the first official promo. Getting very excited about the show now!