Author Topic: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation  (Read 124299 times)

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »
My guess is that this is where we're up to:

Leg 1: Melbourne to Bali
Leg 2: Bali to Ho Chi Minh City
Leg 3: Ho Chi Minh City to Hue
Leg 4: Hue to Macau
Leg 5: Macau to Johannesburg
Leg 6: Johannesburg to Cape Town

That would fit, right? Every location's been spoiled to some extent and there's no massive gaps if you assume there was a Jo'burg/surrounding area leg on the 13th, did Cape Town on the 14th, and flew out on the 15th?

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2010, 11:37:30 PM »
My guess is that this is where we're up to:

Leg 1: Melbourne to Bali
Leg 2: Bali to Ho Chi Minh City
Leg 3: Ho Chi Minh City to Hue
Leg 4: Hue to Macau
Leg 5: Macau to Johannesburg
Leg 6: Johannesburg to Cape Town

That would fit, right? Every location's been spoiled to some extent and there's no massive gaps if you assume there was a Jo'burg/surrounding area leg on the 13th, did Cape Town on the 14th, and flew out on the 15th?
Not sure if there were two legs in Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh City may be the arrival spot but they may have took the train and ended up in Hue in the same leg.  :duno:
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2010, 11:52:26 PM »
Judging from the dates, there were in Vietnam for three days. The 10:35am Air Asia flight teams were seen on (on the 7th) reaches HCM City at 1:25pm, there's plenty of time for a city-based leg there before a 12-hour Pit Stop and a morning train (leaving on the 8th, arriving on the 9th) to Hue for a full leg on the 9th, before flights out on the 10th -- which would fit in with the late-night Macau sighting.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2010, 10:38:35 AM »
This is spec, but if they hit 6 continents in 13 legs, here's what I expect to be the distribution

Asia (4 legs): Bali, Vietnam, Macau
Africa (2 legs): Jburg and Cape Town
Europe (2 legs): Western Europe probably
NA (2 legs): Probably NYC and Miami because of their hub status
SA (2 legs): Buenos Aires is the penultimate leg
Australia (1 leg, finale): Hoping for Melbourne

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »
New spoilers for Israel...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2010, 05:57:08 PM »
New spoilers for Israel...
Okay, lets assume they DO go around the world (Not confirmed). And IF they do go to Israel next week, it would be more logical that they could now be in either North Africa, Middle East or Western Europe before heading to Israel, then maybe back to Europe before going over to either North or South America.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2010, 07:26:17 AM »
Saw some Bali leg's pics...

Seem like recycle task for TARA 4 latest leg (Eps 9)....

Snorkling/diving to find briefcase.

Take the cart (forgot the name) ...

May be money count task of the briefcase...
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2010, 12:59:59 PM »
We have reason to believe the teams are now in Nepal. (insert angel smiley here)
More info soon...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline billy bob

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2010, 03:28:58 PM »
[
what is yrou source ????

quote author=walkingpneumonia link=topic=22524.msg574104#msg574104 date=1290279599]
We have reason to believe the teams are now in Nepal. (insert angel smiley here)
More info soon...
[/quote]

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2010, 05:58:08 PM »
what is your source ????

More info soon...

Once an :angel appears, you can question that. ;)

Nepal! :hearts: At least something original to look forward to! :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2010, 06:07:28 PM »
No round-the-world route?  :'(

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2010, 06:25:28 PM »
what is your source ????

More info soon...

Once an :angel appears, you can question that. ;)

Pit Stop at the base of Everest?  :please:

Offline E-K-ISR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2010, 02:06:03 PM »
I don't get it, this Israeli entertainment news said this week OZ teams are coming to Haifa, Israel. How could it be Nepal?

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2010, 04:21:04 PM »
I don't get it, this Israeli entertainment news said this week OZ teams are coming to Haifa, Israel. How could it be Nepal?
All speculation at this stage. Nepal is not confirmed yet. I think they would have done 2 more legs since South Africa, Israel may be next?

Offline bushpig243

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2010, 07:39:42 PM »
Nepal not quite they are going to Bhutan a small country near nepal.............

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2010, 08:17:51 PM »
what is your source ????

More info soon...

Once an :angel appears, you can't question that. ;)

OOPS. CORRECTED. :lol: (Stupid keyboard)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline billy bob

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2010, 04:07:59 AM »
Everyone has gone quiet, where are the updates??? did the aussie racers fall off the face of the earth ?

Offline racewatcher

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2010, 04:50:32 AM »
Whats the source for the Napal/Bhutan Leg? Would seem odd for Israeli news to announce that TAR Aus was going to be running about and then for TAR Aus not to go there?? :duno:

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2010, 05:29:51 AM »
Whats the source for the Napal/Bhutan Leg? Would seem odd for Israeli news to announce that TAR Aus was going to be running about and then for TAR Aus not to go there?? :duno:

A few seasons back (15 or 16) , Mauritius' tourism website stated that TAR teams were there, but that was a hoax. And since they're going to places where English is not the main language or TAR is not as famous, it will be harder to get spoilers.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2010, 10:56:42 PM »

A few seasons back (15 or 16) , Mauritius' tourism website stated that TAR teams were there, but that was a hoax. And since they're going to places where English is not the main language or TAR is not as famous, it will be harder to get spoilers.

They did go to Mauritius didnt they?

Wrong Season ;)
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2010, 09:32:05 AM »
More info soon...

Ummm, this is probably bogus... [insert ashamed WP smiley here]
I need to stop jumping to conclusions.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2010, 06:28:11 PM »
Nepal's not safe enough for the show to visit unfortunately, and for the purposes of this show, Bhutan's out as well -- you can only enter the country as part of a package tour, and the free-roaming travel ability the contestants would need in order to race is impossible to legally achieve.

Israel, I'm not so sure about. The entire thing feels like such a hoax. Between the political instability and attack fears making it near-impossible for Seven and Disney to get insurance for everybody (yes, I know it's the Palestinian groups doing it, but still), the fact that an Israeli stamp in your passport makes it impossible for you to enter certain other countries like Kuwait, and the fanatical stalking that would come from having so much of the legs spoiled by the Israeli media -- remember, we've had tasks moved and replaced before due to their being spoiled and made unsafe -- it doesn't ring true. Especially when there's the NDAs banning the revelation of race-related information.

Offline E-K-ISR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2010, 11:19:01 PM »
you can go to kuwait from israel, with a conection in Jordan. There's nothing unsafe in Israel and the insurence is the same as in anywhere alse. There were many times local newspapers reported TAR is coming, and a pic of the crew in the hotel was posted in the media. I don't know what other proof you need.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2010, 01:09:47 AM »
I understand that it's possible in theory to travel from Israel to, say, Kuwait, but many countries in the Middle East refuse to accept either Israeli passports or passports containing Israeli visas. In fact, to quote from the International Air Transport Association, "Passengers intending to proceed from Israel to Arab countries other than Egypt, Jordan, or the United Arab Emirates should see to it that their passport does not contain Israeli visa or stamps since no passenger is allowed to enter other Arab countries with such passports." Considering the chances are much higher of the producers wanting to visit Arab countries which include, among others, Kuwait, Oman, Tunisia, and Morocco (all seen on TAR US -- with Oman also appearing on TAR Asia -- and plausible for this or a future season of TAR Australia) than to limit their entire Middle East travel severely for both this and the other versions, it's extremely, extremely unlikely the Israel spoilers are true.

The insurance costs are significantly higher for Australians due to the instability in Gaza and the West Bank, and in the surrounding nations. While Seven is indeed throwing bucketloads of money at the show, they're not going to be splurging on travel for dozens of cast and crew to visit a nation like Israel, regardless of how safe it is in actuality.

My understanding, having spoken to a source at ActiveTV, is that the photo is a fake, and that the TAR Australia contestants were "in North America" at the time it was taken.

Everybody connected with the show -- contestants, crew, greeters, task operators, even locals who assist the teams with directions -- are forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement when they become involved, so there's no way all that information could have gotten out about a potential leg in the country when there's a huge legal cloud over anybody who dares to break it. (In fact, one of the greeters from this season of TAR Asia had to hold off on publishing an article about her experience until after the episode had aired.)

Don't get me wrong, I hope Israel does get visited one day, but right now? No.

Offline E-K-ISR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2010, 01:52:59 AM »
there are 200 nations in the world, but because it's impossible to go from Israel to an Arab nation - Israel can't be visited? Are you for real?
anyway teams are right now in Israel, and there will be a leg in Israel and it really doesn't matter what you think.