The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Mactors/Recruited Teams

(1/18) > >>

redskevin88:
Decided to start a thread for what you called "Mactors" [and also recruited teams]

My personal opinion... as long as they know what they are going into (Ida & Tania, ARA3 one good example), likeable personality (Marc & Rovilson, Paula & Natasha ARA2, Mel & Mike AR14, Flight Time & Big Easy, AR15, apart from the Mika-Canaan thing) and are genuine fans I have no problems, and of cause competent racers. Maria & Tiffany, Mika & Canaan and Aubrey & Jac comes to mine about who I DON'T WANT to see again.

Coutzy:
I don't mind Mactors, as long as they have applied properly. The thing I really can't stand is RECRUITED TEAMS

But you talk about competent teams, what about the likes of Debra and Steve? They certainly were not recruited, but it was obvious that they were doomed from the word go.

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: Coutzy on July 11, 2010, 01:47:29 AM ---I don't mind Mactors, as long as they have applied properly. The thing I really can't stand is RECRUITED TEAMS

But you talk about competent teams, what about the likes of Debra and Steve? They certainly were not recruited, but it was obvious that they were doomed from the word go.

--- End quote ---

I've only seen, the most S10-S16, and ARA2-3, parts of ARA1, you'll have to enlighten me on the early seasons...

Coutzy:

--- Quote from: redskooky on July 11, 2010, 01:52:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: Coutzy on July 11, 2010, 01:47:29 AM ---I don't mind Mactors, as long as they have applied properly. The thing I really can't stand is RECRUITED TEAMS

--- End quote ---

I've only seen, the most S10-S16, and ARA2-3, parts of ARA1, you'll have to enlighten me on the early seasons...

--- End quote ---

Debra and Steve admitted they would not be good racers, and spent all of the first leg at the back of the pack before getting eliminated.

Nicer, sweeter folk you will not meet though (At least on camera)

Mug Costanza:

--- End quote ---

I agree. Brian & Ericka were a "mactor" team I didn't mind seeing. From what I can remember reading in one of their post-race interviews, they had been long-tome fans of the show who finally took the next step and actually applied for the show. It's the teams like Brent & Caite I can't stand. She's famous for saying something stupid; why does that mean she deserves a trip around the world and I just get to watch from my couch?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version