Archive > Big Brother 12

Julie Chen Blogs Big Brother

<< < (3/3)

Belle Book:
I wasn't too thrilled when Jonny Fairplay pretended that his grandmother had passed away on Survivor Pearl Islands, so I'd be more on the side of those that think it's questionable.  Some people are willing to use that kind of lie and it's permissible in the context of the game -- I just feel it's a line that shouldn't be crossed and I wouldn't do it.  Still, I'd be willing to lie if I had to.

Belle Book

TexasLady:
I don't know what is in Matt's head but it struck me when he told Rach, Kathy and Brendon that he lied, it was to get it out to the viewers. He seems quite proud of himself and apparently no remorse for what he did. What he heard from Kathy is just the tip of the iceberg for him.

RealityFreakWill:
Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother' week 10

Here we go…69 days into the season and we’re less than a week away from crowning this summer’s Big Brother champion. I can honestly say that at this stage of the game I have no idea which of the remaining three Houseguests will take home the prize. The only thing we know for certain is that it will be one of our Brigade alliance members.

Lane, Enzo and Hayden have six more days to compete, backstab and strategize their way into the $500,000 prize, which will be awarded during next Wednesday’s two-hour season finale.

But first…I was sad to see Britney, our last remaining female in the game, take a ride to the jury house this week. I feel a little sorry for her given the tension mounting inside the jury house – she’s walking into a firestorm now that Rachel and Ragan have been reunited. Britney was truly a tough competitor who should be proud of surviving for as long as she did within a season dominated by men.

Here’s a quick overview/preview of our three finalists as we head into our final week:

Hayden:
Hayden seems to be hitting his stride just at the right time. He’s been playing a strong mental game the entire season, but he’s clearly saved the best for last in terms of his physical play in competitions. I also believe he’s standing on pretty solid ground with many of the jury members, which means he could be tough to beat if he makes it to the final two.

Enzo:
There was no better moment to summarize a Houseguest’s play this season than when we saw Enzo eating soup on the sideline while Hayden and Lane battled it out during the first part of this week’s HOH. That pretty much says it all in terms of Enzo’s physical prowess this season. Having said that, Enzo is a likable guy who has played a strong social game and therefore he could garner just enough votes to carry him to a victory.

Lane:
Lane adopted a similar strategy to Hayden throughout the course of the season. He also demonstrated a strong social game — flying under the radar without ruffling too many feathers — and now seems to be stepping it up in competitions. If Lane makes it to the final two against Enzo, I could see him winning this game. However, if he’s seated next to Hayden in the final two, he has a tougher road ahead of him.

The stage is set for a thrilling competition next Wednesday night as Lane and Hayden square off for the final (and most important) HOH of the summer. It seems fitting that Enzo will once again be sitting on the sidelines…you know I love ya Meow, Meow!

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

*I honestly might have nightmares about those Frankenstein photos we saw during tonight’s part 2 HOH. The mashup of Matt and Britney was especially disturbing.

*It’s fascinating to watch Ragan and Rachel when they are near one another. You can literally see them sizing each other up, while both wait for the other to make the first move so that they can start yelling at one another.

*Who is your pick for America’s Favorite Houseguest this season? Tell me below.

*Just heard a rumor that the Big Brother Zingbot is making an encore appearance during next week’s season finale. Love that Zingbot!

QUOTES OF THE WEEK:

Hayden — “The brigade is dead…it’s every man for himself.”

Enzo on life after Big Brother — “I may just hold my baby so that the Houseguests don’t punch me in the face.”

That’s it for this week. Remember we have a special clip show on Sunday night and the LIVE two-hour season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 15 where we’ll find out who the jury feels played the best game and is worthy of walking away with $500,000 in their pocket.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/10/julie-chen-blogs-big-brother-week-10/

RealityFreakWill:
Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother' week 11

I can’t believe this is my final blog for season 12.  What an amazing summer it has been.  After 75 days, 28 competitions and 11 evictions, the summer of the “Brigade” officially came to an end last night as Hayden emerged victorious after narrowly besting his fellow grenade launcher, Lane, by a vote of 4-3.

I think it’s worth acknowledging the rare feat that we were treated to this summer — one that is almost unheard of in the world of reality television.  When have you ever seen an alliance formed in the early stages of a game stay intact to the very end?   The members of the “Brigade” alliance got together early, stayed loyal throughout the entire season (with the exception of evicting Matt), wisely made side alliances in the off chance they needed them, and survived week-to-week despite lackluster physical performances by several members.  That’s pretty impressive any way you slice it.  Kudos to the “Brigade” for a well played and entertaining season.

Here’s what I think Matt’s inner monologue sounded like last night during the live finale: “Are you freaking kidding me?  How am I, the brains of the ‘Brigade,’ sitting in the audience watching the beast, the meow, meow and the animal competing for the $500,000 prize?” I would imagine that’s a serious blow to Matt’s ego, as he was the self-appointed mastermind behind one of the most dominant alliances in Big Brother history.  And rather than competing against his brethren for the grand prize, he was sent packing.

On a better note…I was happy that Britney won the “Fan Favorite” award last night.  She was a true competitor who played a terrific game and was always reliable for a classic sound bite.

I thought I would switch it up a bit for my final blog and give you my “Top 5 Moments” from this season (in no particular order).  Here we go:

- Rachel returns to the house for 24 hours after being evicted and has two raging blowouts with Ragan (I think the “Ratress” was in over her head when she waged war with a communications professor).

- 12 hours of dancing courtesy of Pandora’s Box (one of my favorite moments ever on Big Brother).

- “The Neanderthal Fight” when Brendon and Britney fought in the backyard (Britney’s coming out party).

- Matt using the Diamond Power of Veto to save himself and blindsiding Kathy. (You gotta love a classic blindside “you big dummy.”)

- Rachel and Kristen fighting after the live show (one of the best cat fights in Big Brother history).

What do you think of my list of moments?  What did I miss?  What were your favorite moments?  Tell me below!

That’s it for this summer.  Thanks so much to everyone for such an amazing season.  You are without a doubt the most loyal and dedicated fans in all of television.  Thanks for helping to make this a Big Brother summer to remember. See you in 2011.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/16/julie-chen-blogs-big-brother-week-11/

ugot2bekidinmeny:
thanks Will for always posting these blogs! i looked forward to them after every eviction and now the finale!! !!

here's to you!  :keeta:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version