Author Topic: Deadliest Catch  (Read 34581 times)

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
Re: Deadliest Catch
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 11:11:54 AM »
WOW TL! you sure put alot of work into posting the info! Thanks soo much! :hugs:

I'm still not completely  invested yet with them on a personal level.. i love the show but some of the character and mood swings are the same ol stuff! Especially on The Wizard!

Notice how there was absoulutley no fottage of the Time Bandit!! Wonder if that was  them shooting themselves in the fot with the contract agreement or that there really wasnt enough footage of fishing for them to piece together anything worth while?

As for the Cornillia marie. I'm still sad over  the vibe on the boat.. even after the editing! I see it as a sinking ship :'(

I'm hoping the 2 new boats will make for some good adventure watching.

I'm On standby hoping next weeks show is ALL about the fishing! :keeta:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »
I do like the addition of the new boats and captains and the Cornelia Mare is depressing at the moment. I wonder if the boys should have gone to other boats, split up.or go to school and study so they could captain a boat. Think how bad it must be for the boys and the crew without Phil.

I'm sure we'll see Jonathan and Andy more as the season progresses.

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 09:46:19 AM »
I know it should get a whole lot better soon.. I want more now though! :lol:

Those are some MONSTER Blue crabs that one boat was getting!  :ascared

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 11:02:05 PM »
I think it's the Seabrooke... It's sad to see Jake falling back on drugs again. I hope he can get a grip on his addictions.

Here's a preview for next week:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 06:07:41 PM »
Again they're barely catching anything!! How did thy make it thru the season with minimal crab counts!!

Jake looks like a stoner :smoke to me!   :lol:

I'm glad that they aired what they did and that the new captain handled it brilliantly!

Whats with the youngin capt. jumping up n down over 12 crabs in a pot? just a little worried ya think to meet his quota?? :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 01:23:28 PM »
Again they're barely catching anything!! How did thy make it thru the season with minimal crab counts!!

Jake looks like a stoner :smoke to me!   :lol:

I'm glad that they aired what they did and that the new captain handled it brilliantly!

Whats with the youngin capt. jumping up n down over 12 crabs in a pot? just a little worried ya think to meet his quota?? :lol:

Evidently, he didn't! He's in trouble but he's no different than the other captains, this isn't a good season for the blue crabs.

Can't say I've seen a stoner but Jake doesn't look good to me.  :lol:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 04:46:34 PM »
:lol3: @ TL  regarding stoner! :lol:

Blue crabs seem elusive this season to soo many of the boats i really wonder why they made that choice to go for them?( I know price is higher ) But the pay off odds are slim.

The green horn on the seabrook  breaking down part cuz he was called a name was funny! YOu just know when they have him edited as " I can do this" you know he whimps out! lets see how long he does last!

I'm thinking they want us to see more of the newer boats and captains than the older ones.  Again because of the protest (i think) that the time bandit put up during the  off season. :duno:

it's gonna take time to enjoy the new boys on the show.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 07:49:04 PM »
Will the cornilla Marie make it out of this season with ANY profit??   There's gonna be a MUTINY on board that ship!   It's a shame that no one fromm previous excursions on that boat can vessel her on top of the crab.. those boys and the othe men all need a paycheck!

:ugot I'm tired of that captian always thorwoing up  the boys  POP in thier face!!  man up if u can't find the crab.. call for help. no one in the entire fleet wants to see the boys first seaosn out with out thier father be a failure!

Seems like next week he decides to go "CSI" on jake looking for his stash of weed..  :smoke: what  difference does that make if YOU"RE the one  driving the boat.. put them on the crabs! you have the technology!! I just dont get it :duno:

Greenhorns.. great to see crushed egos and puke!! :lol3:

Seabrook.. I'm starting to like that captain.. the more camera time he has the more knowledge he shows me.. and I like that! :tup:

BIll BIll BILL..  put the cockly kid in the galley and make him be the cook.. if that doesnt  knock hom down a few nothes then kick his :ass: off your boat!! he destroyed  property  on your boat and disrespected you by giving you the finger!!  you shoulda given him :boot:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 06:45:26 PM »
Tonight's show will be interesting, will Jake show signs of smoking pot? The captain goes hunting for evidence, last shot across the bow.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2011, 01:04:01 PM »
That sub captian of the CM should not have called the cops on jake no matter what!  That was done merely for air time I believe. to make a name for himself. as a grown man.. you dont turn the kid into the cops but you do suspend him from getting back on the boat only  IF YOU HAVE A JOB the next season!  :ascared That captian was upset because they all pulled the rug out from underneath him. the crew didnt want to work with him again after not finding  the crab. HE WAS/IS BITTER!

Yes jake :smoke  if that was your  home  made pipe.. you shoulda tossed it when u were done with it! you can always make another ! :lol3:

I wonder what the other captians will think of the departing CM captain  :duno:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2011, 01:05:44 PM »
Oh i forgot  :lol: I loved how jake just jumped the boat and went to the airport.. not like that's a sign of guilt but that the camera man was able to keep up with him but the COP couldnt! :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2011, 11:29:07 PM »
Surprise! I disagree about calling the police.   :)

Jake was filmed being accused of smoking pot and probably filmed SMOKING the pot if we only knew... I think Captain Ray had no choice but to act. Apparently Jake had promised to take a drug test in the morning before they docked and skipped out on his promise. I give him credit for one thing. No one can prove for sure that he did or didn't use drugs on the boat but there is always the chance that the other members of the crew will talk or Discovery show film we haven't seen before. There is no doubt in my mind that the other crew members know what happened. Derrick could have lost his license, if he had not reported it; he would be considered an accomplice or aiding and abetting.

I always thought Jake would be the one to take over the boat because he was the better deckhand but now I just feel disappointed in him. He's let his father down. He let his crew down, he let his brother down and he let the boat owner and the boat it down. It's obvious the boat needs a lot of work.

Captain Ray was an old friend of Phil's and he came out of retirement to finish the season when Phil had his stroke.

We only saw the most dramatic part of the problems on the boat. What did we not see?

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2011, 02:37:30 PM »
I agree somewhat TL! I just think making a big stink over something you dont have definative proof over is "overboard" :lol3: (pun)

I hope they do show us some of the behind the scenes when this is all over to fil in those gaps!! I do believe there must have been way more drama then what we got to see.

I do agree that he was worried about his license but he can always do a :pee: test to prove he's clean as well. no one would have questioned it.  I think he thought he was helping with his intervention but it just Mutinied(is that a word? ) :lol: the crew!

here's to next weeks :keeta:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 05:17:43 PM »
It was nice to see more of the guys on this episode. it was the begining of Opie season. and yes the CM did sail!  I think they all needed that reality check. and Im glad to see as a whole more of the activities :tup:

Its definately makes for good TV when Sig's brother  decides NOT to return for the season and to spend it with his family. Good for him.. Now the others have to pick up the slack.. I know no one can do what Edgar did but many people working together should be able to get the job done. :keeta:

Im hoping for a great opie season but as we already saw  Mother nature has a bone to pick with the  bering Sea. I wonder how much damge the boats are gonna have when she's finally settle the bet! :ugot 

Time bandit and seabroke   played a great prank/ retaliation on each other! marking ones boat (time bandit's) to egging  the seabrook.  it made for a fun  episode! :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 10:18:38 PM »
I had a phone call and missed the buying of $200.00 worth of eggs. LOL I thought they were throwing snowballs until I saw the egg yolks running down the side of the windows and on the walls, it was a really good retaliation.  :lol3:

I also thought it was interesting after all of Jake's protests that he was clean that the new captain laid down the law about his drug use and Josh seemed to realize that his brother does have a problem and he needed to get cleaned up. Vindication for Captain Derrick.

The other Jake seems like he is going to grow into his new responsibilities and do OK. He has aged so much in the few years he's been crabbing, he's what 30? It was so sad to see Edgar on the dock as the Northwestern sailed out to sea.

Wasn't it interesting that Freddie left the CM to go on the Wizard? He said he hadn't made much money in the past 5 years and we know the blue crab season was a disaster. He's on a better ship for sure.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 09:30:19 PM »
OMG can you say OUCH!!! Uncle frank of the NorthWestern gets hit in the face with that hook! OMG!!  that thing was sooo broken. not for the squeamish!

I cant belive that there is so limited footage of the CM.. and thier crab count is 3 to last place. 

the rookie captains of the show from the rambling rose and seabrook  arent doing much for me on camera.. I cant seem to get in touch with either of them. the rambling rose captain comes of cocky and the seabrook captain appears to have the knowledge to run a boat but why is there no production?

So after the waiting out of the storm the Wizard and Freddy former deckhand of the CM makes a killing with his Cod blood drinking ritual.. Keith says  "we have to do it on every trip now! " 

I wonder will this season come up blanks like the Rambling rose's  crab totals?? a BIG ZERO!

i hope not!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 05:25:50 PM »
Deadliest Catch | Premieres Tuesday, April 16 at 9/8c  :hoot:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/M9TZN5wGR6Q&amp;list=UUqOoboPm3uhY_YXhvhmL-WA&amp;index=2" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/M9TZN5wGR6Q&amp;list=UUqOoboPm3uhY_YXhvhmL-WA&amp;index=2</a>

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 12:32:08 PM »
I LOVE this show! Raw drama, men doing their best or worst and the captains that run the ships!

Thanks for the preview Ugot!  :hrt: