Author Topic: Diamond Power of Veto **may contain spoilers**  (Read 12704 times)

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
Diamond Power of Veto **may contain spoilers**
« on: August 09, 2010, 12:17:57 PM »
So can someone please explain what the stipulations of the Diamond Power of Veto are? Does it pretty much let Matt overrule whoever wins the Golden POV? Or is it something like the Coup d'Etat, where he uses it before voting takes place?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:22:58 AM by georgiapeach »
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Diamond Power of Veto
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 12:29:01 PM »
Update from the show: Matt took the DIAMOND POWER OF VETO to open Pandora's Box.

He can use it for 2 weeks only.

It lets him take someone or himself off the block AND name their replacement.

he is not allowed to reveal that he has it...

Interesting idea...do you let someone do their  bit with the POV and then say...wait just a minute?? :lol:

I don't think Matt will use it this week, whether Brendon or Rachel goes is no biggie, and as HOH he already gets to do the replacement nom.

But NEXT week he could be on the block, he might need to use it. And perhaps even FAST if it is a double elim.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 12:55:07 PM »
When Matt read the card it said, "can only be used at the next two evictions."

So, I assume it would be used like the coup d'etat, before the voting Matt would stand up and say, "I wish to exercise the Diamond Power of Veto that I got from Pandora's Box."  Then Julie will ask him who he wants to save and who he wants to nominate in their place.

I would also assume that whoever is HOH would be exempt, as well as the gold POV holder.  But I wonder if he could re-nominate someone who was saved at the regular POV meeting?

Also because of the possible drama this could cause, I don't think either week will be a double eliimination.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »
Hmmm good question, could someone be renominated. I don't think so, nor should the POV holder be nominated. That cuts down the remaining choices of HGs. When Chicken George won HOH the All-Star double elimination, he only had a few minuted to decide and for some unknown reason nominated Howie. Dooming him.  :lol:

I don't know if there will be a double eviction or not. The HGs surely think there will be.

I don't like the way they did this Diamond POV. I think everyone should have had a chance to win it, especially when the HOH endurance, IMO, was designed for a smaller framed person just like the first one.  The year Boogie won the golden power of veto, everyone had an opportunity to figure out because there were clues that they had to decipher.

I can't remember, didn't we vote for Jeff to win it last year?
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 04:50:10 PM »
Last year it was the coup d'etat, but yes, America voted for it to go to Jeff.  And Boogie won the same power in All-Stars.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 10:36:57 PM »
I don't like the way they did this Diamond POV. I think everyone should have had a chance to win it, especially when the HOH endurance, IMO, was designed for a smaller framed person just like the first one.  The year Boogie won the golden power of veto, everyone had an opportunity to figure out because there were clues that they had to decipher.

I understand what you mean. But I think TPTB really wanted to make it an offer someone couldn't refuse so they would have an excuse to release a second Saboteur into the house. Not a bad idea, but I would argue that CBS should've made the power last for the next 3 evictions, rather than 2. The way it is right now, he pretty much HAS to use it next week or he loses it, and if someone else in the Brigade wins HOH, why would he want to change their nominations? This would give him a little breathing room.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline bluepearl

• RFF Not So Newbie
DPOV
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 07:17:36 PM »
Now there is talk of the Brigade (aka hayden and enzo) voting matt out this week if brendon puts him up as a replacement nominee, but wait he has the Diamond Power of Veto :groan:I want this guy out. I have not liked him since the beginning and yes it is mostly because of his lie about his wife and self imposed title of super diabolical genius. This could make the brigade fall apart if lane and matt are both nominated. Hear me out... I know that he'll save himself, but people will be scrambling and talking on who to evict if the DPOV is used after POV meeting. I do not know when exactly the DPOV has to be used... at the POV ceremony or on eviction day (since it is a "super" power). I hope eviction day because the Brigade could collapse if it gets back to Matt that they wanna keep Lane.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 07:52:12 PM »
We don't know who Brendon will put up to replace Ragan.

It will be used on Thursday before the voting.  As I read it, if Matt uses it, either to take himself off or to replace one nominee, he can't nominate Brendon. At this point, who he nominates will determine the vote. Right now, Enzo and  Hayden want to keep Kathy and get rid of Brit, Matt and Ragan. Will they have the guts to keep Kathy, that's the question. I wonder who breaks the tie?

I think that either way if Matt has to use it, the others will know that he was lying to them no matter what excuse he comes up with.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RHR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 09:04:44 PM »
I thought this section of the board was supposed to be spoiler-free.  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Diamond Power of Veto **may contain spoilers**
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 11:13:18 PM »
I am sorry, I changed the titile to reflect may contain spoilers.

We all need to remember to include **spoilers** in our titles .

Spilt milk this time...so sorry RHR. :(

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.