Author Topic: Re: "Around the World for Free!"  (Read 95726 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Re: "Around the World for Free!"
« Reply #275 on: December 09, 2010, 04:59:56 AM »
Probably the reason why she quit her job and move to LA! ???
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #276 on: December 09, 2010, 08:36:17 AM »
spec for me, but she would be fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: "Around the World for Free!"
« Reply #277 on: December 09, 2010, 07:38:49 PM »
Total speculation, but during his chat with the Jeff/Jordan fansite, Zsolt did throw out Parvati's name as an example of the type of person they are looking for.  Burton Roberts (Pearl Islands) is one of the co-founders/owners of Around the World Productions, so there is a Survivor connection.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #278 on: December 09, 2010, 08:33:40 PM »
Zsolt did throw out Parvati's name as an example of the type of person they are looking for

Is she the one that mugs for the camera all the time?  I'll have to do some research on her.

Anyway, whoever is chosen, I hope TPTB change the rules and gives the host free airline tickets anywhere in the world.  Between American Airlines and their travel partners, you should be able to travel almost anywhere in the world.  American would get plenty of product placement exposure and the show could focus on the people and places of the world.

I am still amazed that two different web sites and individuals from those sites paid for most of Jeff's flights around the world.  I don't know of any other CBS reality star, other than maybe his girlfriend Jordan, that could muster such support.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #279 on: December 13, 2010, 04:39:24 PM »
I saw on Twitter where Jeff's host from Bangkok, Supan, posted a YouTube about ATWFF on Thai television.  Well, I chopped down the video and uploaded only the Jeff part.  It was kind of interesting to see that Jeff expected to spend only five days in Thailand, when in fact, he spent around two weeks there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #280 on: December 20, 2010, 06:41:25 AM »
Interesting! Thanks for sharing that!

I was never quite clear why they went back to Bangkok, much less why they stayed so long...it was kind of a black hole. But Visa troubles could explain a lot....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #281 on: December 23, 2010, 10:35:35 AM »
For me, it's always kind of fun to find something out by accident when you're searching for something else.  The photo below shows Parvati and others with two of the executive producers of ATWFF, Alex and Burton.  But the fun thing for me was seeing Dennis and Erika (far left, first row) in the same photo.  For those who don't remember them, Dennis and Erika were the first team eliminated in Amazing Race 5.  IIRC Dennis was too nice at a taxi stand which greatly contributed to their demise. 

It never surprises me that the reality TV world is a small one.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #282 on: December 25, 2010, 11:57:47 PM »
The doggie is the only clean one! Mud wrastling?? ???

:lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #283 on: March 28, 2011, 09:18:39 PM »
It appears that Alex is getting ready for Season 3.  I wish he had confirmed the host or hostess.  I am undecided at this time if I will follow the new season.

I am one of the Creators and Executive Producers for the show. Like I said above this show is my baby so I try to stay as hands on as possible with as many aspects of the show as possible. We are currently in pre-production for Season 3, which will launch late spring/early summer.

Source : http://dolphinnetwork.blogspot.com/2011/01/alex-boylan-five-questions-with-part-2.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #284 on: March 28, 2011, 10:25:29 PM »
My guess is it will be Brook.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:37:18 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #285 on: May 12, 2011, 11:16:36 AM »
My guess is it will be Brook.

My guess is Parvati from Survivor.  I remember Zsolt saying last year that he wasn't sure if he was going to go on the Season 3 trip.  Well, he tweeted this last week.

Zsolt Luka

And slowly but surely the clock ticks back on the start of #ATWFF3 - going for the triple crown... in case u missed it http://bit.ly/9J0fNI

6 May

He also recently started following Parvati.  Therefore, my guess is that the season 3 host will be Parvati.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #286 on: May 12, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
I got to talk to ALex briefly this weekend...I think they hope to get underway by early July?

The hos tis locked in, but darned if I could get a hint! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tea4me

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #287 on: May 12, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
Brooke would be such a better choice than Pavaratti, Not a fan at all!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #288 on: July 03, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
Pedaler gets the prize for calling this one.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2011, 05:52:34 PM »
Here is the website on which you can follow Parvati: http://www.cbsaroundtheworld.com/

She started in Los Angeles July 7 and the way she went east to Phoenix and through Texas to Dallas and Austin. Then Parvati turned south to Haiti, Dominican Republic, Barbados, Guyana and seldom-visited South Guyana before getting to Rio Vista, Manaus and Fortaleza, Brazil.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:08:16 AM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2011, 08:55:05 PM »
I just caught up on the episodes and she is doing a great job! Disaster relief in Haiti, a zillion dollar estate in DR, some private jets...the girl is working it!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: August 29, 2011, 07:16:54 AM »
Parvati has gone from Fortaleza to Rio and there to Iguaca Falls. She had trouble moving on from there, but finally got to Buenos Aires.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #292 on: September 21, 2011, 01:59:07 PM »
Parvati has been a busy girl. She went from Buenos Aires to Cordoba, Argentina and then back. Next was crossing the pond from Buenos Aires to Johannesburg. She then had a trip locally to the Pilanesburg Nature Reserve. She must have flown from Johannesburg to Windhoek and then got someone to drive her the long distance in to the Etosha in northwest Namibia. After returning to Windhoek, she had some accident, injuring her right arm and having a protective cast put on. Then there was a really long trip on the Trans Kalahari Highway into Gaborone, the capital of Botswana. She then headed north to see the Manomi Game reserve and the Makadikgadi Pan (where the infamous race to the beds took place in Amazing Race 7 between Ray and Deana and Brian and Greg). she is now on her way to Livingstone, Zambia near Victoria Falls. Her plan is top next get to Kenya, which is a long distance.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #293 on: October 08, 2011, 11:20:20 PM »
I hate that I am so far behind on this.... :groan:

UPCOMING GUESTS ON "THE TALK" ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Monday through Friday (2:00-3:00 PM, ET; 1:00-2:00 PM, PT)

(*Denotes changes and/or additions to previous schedule, (n) Denotes new)

*Monday, October 10                Actress Cheryl Hines; actress Kirsten Vangsness (CBS’s “Criminal Minds”); reality star Parvati Shallow discusses her return to the U.S. after traveling the globe for the last 100 days without money for her CBS.com online show “Around The World For Free”; guest co-host Carnie Wilson (n)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #294 on: October 09, 2011, 09:11:31 AM »
Peach,
I can confirm that Parvati was in Nairobi Airport on Thursday and that she was flying back to the U.S. that day. That means that the "Around the World" concept has been abandoned because Parvati had either too good a time or unexpected travel delays in getting to East Africa, which is only 1/3 of the way around the world.

I think that seeing her on "the Talk" tomorrow is likely.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #295 on: October 09, 2011, 11:45:02 AM »
I believe they were working with the timeframe of 100 days...so it may be likely that the time was just up.

Shame she got delayed by the arm....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #296 on: October 10, 2011, 02:01:33 PM »
Parvati's stint on "The Talk" is over. She revealed that her wrist was fractured doing high-speed quad biking on the sand dunes of Namibia. She identified Guyana as the most beautiful country she visited. She led "The Talk" ladies in doing the samba.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #297 on: October 11, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
And here it is!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oauhcsOEAT8?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oauhcsOEAT8?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule: