Author Topic: TARA 4 SPOILERS and sightings  (Read 172891 times)

Offline peony

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TARA 4 SPOILERS and sightings
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »
From FB:

is on facebook..........in koru club......afta just seeing 2 amazing race teams in queenstown airport.
43 minutes ago

This person is in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Another FB from New Zealand:

made a guest appearance on the Amazing Race today. Fastest way to 1st place? Book with Brooker Travel Arrowtown.... Arriving at their destination earlier than Amazing race producers thought possible and now rushing to organize film crews to meet their flight

11 minutes ago

And another one:

will be on the next Amazing Race. It was filmed at my work yesturday. I will also be the guy handing the teams 'the clues' for their next challenge. haha. Great time!
2 hours ago
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:04:49 PM by peony »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2010, 10:27:09 PM »
Oh nice peony!! :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2010, 12:12:04 AM »
FB post:

Amazing Race goes to Coronet Peak, NZ. Excellent!!!
3 hours ago
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2010, 12:16:10 AM »
Major ski center:
http://www.nzski.com/mountain.jsp?site=coronetpeak

And they have paragliding!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2010, 12:51:49 AM »
Gotta love NZ!!

more:

so today i am about to get in line at qts airport and like 6 ppl from the amazing race come storming in so crazy
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2010, 01:07:59 AM »
Look out SYDNEY!!! here they come!! :hearts:

6 teams left!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2010, 01:21:54 AM »
Good job! Invercargill and Christchurch! How exciting, my home country!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2010, 01:59:27 AM »

made a guest appearance on the Amazing Race today. Fastest way to 1st place? Book with Brooker Travel Arrowtown.... Arriving at their destination earlier than Amazing race producers thought possible and now rushing to organize film crews to meet their flight

11 minutes ago

Possibilities:
Direct flight Queenstown to Sydney
PBI 89 Dep: 4:30PM Arr: 5:55 PM

Flight via Christchurch
Queenstown to Christchurch
Either JQ 276 Dep 12:55 PM Arr: 1:50 PM
or NZ 5044 Dep 1:45 PM Arr: 2:40 PM

Christchurch to Sydney
JQ 150 Dep: 3:25PM Arr: 4:35PM

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2010, 03:59:35 AM »

11 minutes ago

FF ?
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2010, 04:06:55 AM »

11 minutes ago

FF ?

My speculation is that they got someone a really good flight, which propelled them to 1st
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline franz_manu

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • amazing race airport factotum :p
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2010, 08:51:10 AM »
uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:54:40 PM by franz_manu »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2010, 01:34:25 PM »
Thanks Franz!! :hearts:

Also have this incoming:

multiple sightings in Arrowtown.

At least two reports of teams ongoing to Sydney.

And this:

they went through arrowtown.
i saw an indonesian couple come in at about 2pm. they were coming into queenstown and were off to sydney. I think they flew direct at 4.20pm. then about 20mins later these 2 arab looking gurls came in. i think these two teams were in last and 2nd to last. As the one of the air line people said they had been coming in all dae.
I knew it was the amazing race, because i watch the show. and i was in arrowtown earlier that day and a resturant owner told me that the amazing race was being filmed here, but i didnt c anyting, and then wen i got to the airport later on, i saw them.
No picture sorry
hope this helps
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline franz_manu

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • amazing race airport factotum :p
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
we handled tara racers yesterday... for our second flight of the day

i got all their names even the crew! lol!

Wow! Filipino pitstop greeter here in RFF!?

oops i am not :)

i did something else...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2010, 09:25:27 PM »
 FB post

it is the Amazing race. Is it coming to Aust? Literally running between the cars. Couldn't stop laughing. They are got into Wicked vans and opened their yellow envelopes. Look out Brisbane commuters.
4 hours ago
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2010, 09:37:51 PM »
97.3FM Nightshow with Hinksy Thanks to the tip of from Shaun at Taringa, the Amazing Race was in Brisbane tonight, We'll have all the info at 11!
14 hours ago ·

13 hours ago · Flag97.3FM Nightshow with Hinksy They were at Southbank filming and off to the Gold Coast now...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2010, 10:34:04 PM »
Okay...I am just putting all these out here for now, we can sort them out later!! NZ and Australia ROCK! :jumpy: Contacting most...
==============================

______watching the amazing race getting filmed next to the anz stadium lol
15 hours ago via Mobile Web

================

removed by request

=====================

__________Had the whole set of crew + contestants from Amazing Race Asia in my Christchurch flight.. =)

============

__________was treated to a glimpse of the cast and crew from The Amazing Race yesterday. Though no one would officially confirm the show's presence, at least four Maui campervans with yellow and black Amazing Race envelopes on their windscreens were parked at the Invercargill Airport,

==================

_______While at the airport in Queenstown, New Zealand today they were following the AMAZING RACE FILMING. GUESS it will be on next season, look for me, (names removed)They were trying to get a flight to Syndey, Australia.
18 hours ago

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 08:02:10 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2010, 10:40:05 PM »
Reply from Queenstown airport sighting:

i didnt get a chance to see where they were going but it was two middle eastern girls and then i say one other of group of camara men running around but didnt see who they where following but i think it might have been a couple not to sure what a small world though huh
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2010, 04:14:09 PM »
Great article and Photo!! :jumpy:

'Amazing Race' rushes through
By Tracey Roxburgh on Wed, 23 Jun 2010

The Amazing Race moved through Arrowtown yesterday morning before heading to Queenstown Airport yesterday afternoon.
While no-one will confirm it is the popular television show, the Otago Daily Times understands Destination Queenstown and Lakes Property Management had been involved in the seeking of permission for filming, including inside the historic post office in Arrowtown and along Buckingham St between 9am and noon yesterday.

It is also understood participants had to try to kick a rugby ball through goal posts at the Queenstown Events Centre on Monday, before heading to Coronet Peak.

Yesterday, the ODT saw two teams of two people entering the post office, camera crews in tow, and leaving moments later.

One of the teams, comprising two women, asked for directions to a travel agent.

One woman mentioned going to Australia.

About 1.40pm yesterday, another team with two cameramen was spotted in central Queenstown.

Lakes Property Services managing director Joanne Conroy said the company granted permits for filming around the district, and only one permit was active at the moment.

She said that request for filming had come from Destination Queenstown and was understood to be part of its international media programme.

see more here:
http://www.odt.co.nz/your-town/arrowtown/111994/039amazing-race039-rushes-through

Photo by Tracey Roxburgh:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2010, 12:32:33 AM »
FB from Brisbane:

Amazing race clue box was spotted at Kodak beach @ south bank last night
about 6 hours ago via MetroTwit
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2010, 09:13:37 AM »
Could they be the F/F Philippine team? Or are they the F/F Indonesians? Both look Eurasian. :P
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2010, 09:19:38 AM »
Trying to get that answered... :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2010, 09:43:21 AM »
Here's a new picture of the teams on Coronet Peak.

Cool task - find avalanche transceivers...
http://www.scene.co.nz/amazing-race-on-snow/271328a1.page

According to a Mountain Scene source, the show was down to eight teams when it hit the Wakatipu – they arrived in six-berth campervans on Sunday for a wood-sawing competition in Kingston.
On Monday their first challenge was finding snow transceivers buried at Coronet Peak Ski Area.
Teams then tore to Gibbston, where they had a choice between AJ Hackett’s extreme Nevis Highwire bungy or Arc swing.
Their challenge last Monday was to kick a goal between rugby posts at the Events Centre.
On hand were two All Blacks, Ben Smith and Jamie Mackintosh, and a local schoolboy rugby team.
The teams, who stayed at Crowne Plaza, started Tuesday by returning to Coronet Peak for a slalom challenge on the Kaser Ski Carpet.
Mountain Scene understands only one of the teams had been on skis before.
From Coronet Peak the teams swung through Arrowtown, where they wrote a letter and posted it at the historic post office.
For their last local challenge they went back to Gibbston, where they had a choice of herding sheep or rolling a wine barrel at Brennan Wines.
The teams flew out to Sydney on Tuesday afternoon.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

arun1125

« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2010, 08:55:12 PM »
Is Sri Lanka a confirmed destination?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2010, 04:08:40 AM »
Teams apparently flying Jetstar out of Brisbane 6/25
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2010, 08:49:58 AM »
Here's a new picture of the teams on Coronet Peak.

Cool task - find avalanche transceivers...
http://www.scene.co.nz/amazing-race-on-snow/271328a1.page

According to a Mountain Scene source, the show was down to eight teams when it hit the Wakatipu – they arrived in six-berth campervans on Sunday for a wood-sawing competition in Kingston.
On Monday their first challenge was finding snow transceivers buried at Coronet Peak Ski Area.
Teams then tore to Gibbston, where they had a choice between AJ Hackett’s extreme Nevis Highwire bungy or Arc swing.
Their challenge last Monday was to kick a goal between rugby posts at the Events Centre.
On hand were two All Blacks, Ben Smith and Jamie Mackintosh, and a local schoolboy rugby team.
The teams, who stayed at Crowne Plaza, started Tuesday by returning to Coronet Peak for a slalom challenge on the Kaser Ski Carpet.
Mountain Scene understands only one of the teams had been on skis before.
From Coronet Peak the teams swung through Arrowtown, where they wrote a letter and posted it at the historic post office.
For their last local challenge they went back to Gibbston, where they had a choice of herding sheep or rolling a wine barrel at Brennan Wines.
The teams flew out to Sydney on Tuesday afternoon.

Nice find!! Especially as  the "content is no longer available"

So will stick this here so it doesn't get lost!

Same ladies as were in Arrowtown, looks like!
RFF's Golden Rule: