Author Topic: If they were to do Heroes vs. Villains for The Amazing Race?  (Read 36587 times)

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: If they were to do Heroes vs. Villains for The Amazing Race?
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2010, 04:33:39 PM »
P.S. We would be put in Heroes category since my Mom's a Hero.   :neener:

Luke, you and your Mom are  heroic villains....you are good-natured...everyone loves you...but you are VERY competitive  :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 11:15:16 AM »
There is nothing wrong with being competitive. Luke's competitive but smart at the same time so the U-TURN was used on Amanda and Kris and look what turned out? Maybe they may not have won, but if i have to choose between Tammy and Victor or Amanda and Kris as huge threats.. my vote goes to Amanda and Kris. Just take a look at Kris's ABS and you'll probably think the team is an extreme huge threat, lol.

And throughout the race, Luke didn't do anything that was very offensive to any other teams. The incident he had with Kisha and Jen.. you cannot blame Luke alone solely because frankly speaking, the girls were pretty rude and b***chy throughout the incident too.. and i'm a Kisha and Jen fan so i'm not being biased here...

And and and, at least Margie and Luke didn't try and sabotage the race like *cough* Mark *cough* and Michael *cough* did.

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 01:57:53 PM »
Did I SAY there was anything wrong with being competitive?

Luke and Margie are one of my FAVORITE competitive teams!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 02:19:18 PM »
P.S. We would be put in Heroes category since my Mom's a Hero.   :neener:

I believe the hero would be you

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 10:24:58 PM »

You don't have to capitalize your SAY as if you were shouting, in this forum you read the post, you don't hear it. I just wanted to comment on your post because you said Margie and Luke were heroic villians, which doesn't make sense because villians to me are not a good thing, i believe you will agree with that too.

Hence your comment made it sound like they were competitive in a bad way, hence making them seemed like villians, which is not the case because as you can see, editing by the producers has a big impact on our perception on a particular team.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 02:08:16 AM »

You don't have to capitalize your SAY as if you were shouting, in this forum you read the post, you don't hear it. I just wanted to comment on your post because you said Margie and Luke were heroic villians, which doesn't make sense because villians to me are not a good thing, i believe you will agree with that too.

Hence your comment made it sound like they were competitive in a bad way, hence making them seemed like villians, which is not the case because as you can see, editing by the producers has a big impact on our perception on a particular team.
Luke was named the "sinister deaf kid", so at least for a while, they were considered villains. not to mention that they did lie about their intentions to use their U-Turn, unlike Mike & Louie or Carol & Brandy
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 02:25:31 AM »

Luke was named the "sinister deaf kid", so at least for a while, they were considered villains. not to mention that they did lie about their intentions to use their U-Turn, unlike Mike & Louie or Carol & Brandy

Where did you get that from? Everybody knew we U-Turned Amanda and Kris right off the bat. That's why Mike were joking around about calling me a Sinister Deaf Kid and hope we wouldn't U-Turn him next.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 05:50:29 AM »

I didn't had the impression that Luke or Margie ever lied about their intentions to U-TURN Amanda and Kris. Where did you get that from? :lol:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 11:59:42 AM »

Where did you get that from? Everybody knew we U-Turned Amanda and Kris right off the bat. That's why Mike were joking around about calling me a Sinister Deaf Kid and hope we wouldn't U-Turn him next.
Didn't you once say here that while on a Pit Stop you told A&K that you wouldn't U-Turn them?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 12:30:33 PM »

Didn't you once say here that while on a Pit Stop you told A&K that you wouldn't U-Turn them?

Nope, I never said that to them. I wanted to get them out soon as possible. Then, Tammy & Victor were next on my list.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »
And and and, at least Margie and Luke didn't try and sabotage the race like *cough* Mark *cough* and Michael *cough* did.

I don't think those mistakes were intentional. Why do you believe Mark & Michael were trying to mess things up? ???
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 07:34:40 PM »

Nope, I never said that to them. I wanted to get them out soon as possible. Then, Tammy & Victor were next on my list.

That was Margie, according to Amanda & Kris. :tup:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 10:22:22 PM »

I don't think those mistakes were intentional. Why do you believe Mark & Michael were trying to mess things up? ???

There were given a 30 minutes penalty. :res:

It was intentional.. look at the scene where he messed up the tools. Which part of it doesn't look intentional? And TAR Producers wouldn't let Phil give them a 30 minutes penalty for no reason? :groan:

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 09:37:55 AM »

It was intentional.. look at the scene where he messed up the tools. Which part of it doesn't look intentional? And TAR Producers wouldn't let Phil give them a 30 minutes penalty for no reason? :groan:

From what I remember from that Episode. All of the pumps were outside and Micheal and Mark said something like, let's hide the pumps and put them in the box.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 09:41:52 AM »

From what I remember from that Episode. All of the pumps were outside and Micheal and Mark said something like, let's hide the pumps and put them in the box.

There's no question they intentionally hid the pumps. I don't think they knew it was against the rules though.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 11:42:55 AM »
I think teams know perfectly well that if they try to sabotage in anyway, they WILL receive a time penalty. :lol:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 04:51:32 PM »

Oh, sorry, forgot about the pumps. I was referring to the Leg 8 penalties. :tup:

I think teams know perfectly well that if they try to sabotage in anyway, they WILL receive a time penalty. :lol:

I disagree. We as the audience didn't even know there was a rule against that, so it's not too far-fetched to say that perhaps the racers didn't know, either.

But despite this, I don't think a penalty should have been applied at all. Mark & Michael weren't trying to interfere with the race itself; they were trying to get an advantage against the other teams. To me that's not the same kind of thing as, say, breaking the pumps so that the task cannot be completed. I see a clear difference between the two.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 05:53:49 PM »

That was Margie, according to Amanda & Kris. :tup:

Ah yes. That was Jen and Kisha who twisted it everything up - they said we would U-Turn A&K but we never said that we would U-Turn them directly. Go back to Amanda and Kris' interviews. You'll notice that they backpedaled it up on second half of the day when I sent them an email that we never said then Jen and Kisha admitted that they twisted the words up. Amanda and Kris apologized to us.

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 10:10:57 PM »
A lot of words are twisted up on the Race. I read that book "My Ox is Broken" that book about The Amazing Race and even after reading through it more than once, I love it and it is still one of my favorite shows...

my one regret is that my momma and I will never be part of the AWESOME Amazing Race family...

Anyway, it's interesting to see the DRAMA in every season....

The only thing I dislike is those teams who quit for reasons other than medical....

No offense, but I am speaking of Flight Time/Big Easy and Maria/Tiffany (Marshall and Lance had a MEDICAL reason)

I'd rather DIE than quit, so every time I look back on those episodes, I grieve like somebody died....

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 10:37:42 PM »
Maria & Tiffany weren't going to get that Detour done no matter how hard they tried, a sign as to how badly-planned that leg was.

Flight Time & Big Easy, though, definitely have no excuse.

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2010, 07:56:48 AM »
Maria & Tiffany weren't going to get that Detour done no matter how hard they tried, a sign as to how badly-planned that leg was.

Flight Time & Big Easy, though, definitely have no excuse.

I agree. Maria and Tiffany tried their hardest at both detours but couldn't finish and IF i remember correctly, I think they took the 24 hour penalty for the detour but everyone else has checked in so they were eliminated. 
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2010, 10:48:26 AM »
Heroes
-Kevin & Drew (Season 1, All Stars)
-Rob & Brennan (Season 1)
-Peggy & Claire (Season 2)
-Oswald & Danny (Season 2, All Stars)
-Ken & Gerard (Season 3)
-Teri & Ian (Season 3, All Stars)
-Jon & Al (Season 4)
-Charla & Mirna (Season 5, All Stars)
-Lynn & Alex (Season 7)
-Meredith & Gretchen (Season 7)
-Uchenna & Joyce (Season 7, All Stars)
-Fran & Barry (Season 9)
-BJ & Tyler (Season 9)
-David & Mary (Season 10, All Stars)
-Ronald & Christina (Season 12)
-Toni & Dallas (Season 13)
-Nick & Starr (Season 13)

Villains
-Joe & Bill (Season 1, All Stars)
-Paul & Amie (Season 1)
-Tara & Alex (Season 2 team)
-Steve & Dave (Season 4)
-Kelly & Jon (Season 4)
-Chip & Kim (Season 5)
-Jonathan & Colin (Season 5/6 team)
-DJ Paolo & Brock Rogers (Season 8 team)
-Lake & Michelle (Season 9)
-Dustin & Kandice (Season 10, All Stars)
-Lyn & Karlyn (Season 10)
-Kynt & Vyxsin (Season 12)
-Ken & Tina (Season 13)
-Margie & Luke (Season 14)
-Megan & Cheyne (Season 15)
-Louie & Michael (Season 16)
-Jet & Cord (Season 16)

There ARE a lot of teams, but maybe they could HAVE all these teams at the starting line and then there could be a starting line challenge that grants access to the rest of the Race to the first 13-15 teams to finish the task.

My thinking is radically different from Chameleon777's thinking on who qualifies as a villain.

Joe and Bill- quintessential villains in AR1
Paul and Amie - no way
Tara and Alex - this of course is a derived team splitting them off from Chris and Wil; I saw no villainy in Tara, but maybe a bit in Alex; however, no derived teams should be allowed in this analysis
Steve and Dave - no way
Kelly and Jon - they were not villains from my perspective; however, where are Chip and Reichen who definitely were? they should be on this list
Chip and Kim - they do not deserve this. Kim's purported nastiness was in reality just failing to pass on to direct competitors information that she and Chip had about the weather's impact on flights the next morning; it was never really  "Kim time"; they just got lucky by finishing the Banff/Calgary leg so far back that it enabled them to get the fog impact and book the correct flights; in spite of that Colin/Christie very nearly overcame their additional disadvantages from the checking their package restricting their actual flight options and their tire blowout in the DFW area; I rate Chip/Kim as pathetic second raters who were lucky enough to win $1,000,000.

Colin and Jonathan - combination teams are not allowed in my view
DJ and Brock - get real!
Lake and Michelle - what did they do to deserve this?
Dustin and Kandice - they did play a sharp-edged game, but it is impossible to conceive of them in a villain role
everything else on your list for seasons 12, 13, 14 15 and 16 - I totally disagree.

So, the question is who really were villains that deserve special mention? My answers to that are:

1. Jonathan and Victoria - she was innocent except she says married to that nasty person
2. Joe and Bill in AR1 (but not AR11) - their despicable act at the Tunis airport trying to block Emily and Nancy puts them forever on the list of infamy
3. Chip and Reichen - they were nasty and I thought they played over the edge
4. Lyn/Karlyn - one of them (I can't remember which) was usually really nasty and negative

I will add one comment about the Heroes list, which I don't care much about. There is no way David and Mary should be on it. What did they ever accomplish except poor finishes in virtually every leg they ever competed in except the Kuwait City Fast Forward where they were given major help to finish first?

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »
4. Lyn/Karlyn - one of them (I can't remember which) was usually really nasty and negative

Karlyn. They bugged me, too. Definitely could work as villains. :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2010, 08:36:34 AM »

Karlyn. They bugged me, too. Definitely could work as villains. :lol:

That's because Dustin and Kandice were the villians in TAR 10 and Allstars. :res:

Offline TrueNorth

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2010, 09:18:05 AM »
Here are my choices:

Heroes:
Oswald & Danny
BJ & Tyler
Eric & Jeremy
TK & Rachel
Meghan & Cheyne
Jet & Cord

Villains:
Charla & Mirna
Johnathan & Victoria