Author Topic: Jesse picked Jessica  (Read 4827 times)

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
Jesse picked Jessica
« on: May 20, 2004, 08:29:24 AM »
I dont know about anyone else, but I was so happy with the outcome of the bachelor!  I really liked Jessica and I think they are going to do great.

The way they were together reminded me of Trista and Ryan and that was my favorite season.  I can't wait to hear how Jesse and Jessica are doing now!

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Jesse picked Jessica
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 09:13:17 AM »
It was pretty sneaky the way they had Jessica show up first - they definately fooled me.  I know when I saw her get out of the limo I felt pretty bad - I thought that she definately had the best chemistry with Jessie.  I wonder if it was planned or if they had to put Jessica through first thanks to Tara getting sick all the way to the house.  I also wonder if Jessie was really as conflicted as he played it out to be or if that was just for the show.  It seems strange that he really had no idea who he was going to pick until the last day and then he was completely sure.

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 11:27:18 AM »
I definitely think that for the shows sake he was so conflicted in who to pick.  I did love the way they edited it to make me think he was picking tara.  I did feel bad for her, but I dont think they had the same chemistry as Jessica and Jesse.  I bet that she was supposed to get there second but because Tara kept getting sick that all got screwed up.  On the previews throughout the first hour they showed so many clips that made me for sure that he was picking tara.  I am so happy he picked Jessica.

I didnt like his Dad.  He was so hung  up on her age.  I thought she carried herself very maturely.  His mom loved Jessica and Dad loved Tara.  It just goes to show...Mom knows best...thats what my mom told me when it was over! :;>) :;>)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 09:35:41 PM »
'Bachelor' and His Made-For-TV Love Split
Thursday June 17 6:17 PM ET

Yet another made-for-TV romance has been sacked, as New York Giants quarterback Jesse Palmer and the woman he chose on "The Bachelor" have broken up.

Palmer selected Jessica Bowlin from the 25 women competing for his affection on the most recent season of the ABC reality dating show.

He told Bowlin during last month's finale that his "gut instinct" was telling him they were meant to spend their lives together, but added, "I am not ready to propose to you tonight. I think that we need more time to grow and learn about each other."

On Thursday, the couple told the syndicated TV entertainment show "Extra" that they'd mutually agreed to end their relationship.

"Jessica and I shared an incredible romantic journey on the show that began with a friendship that remains strong today," said Palmer, 25. "We simply realized that, individually, our next steps take us in different directions."

Bowlin, a 22-year-old California law student, added: "With too much distance and too little time these were not ideal circumstances in which to start a relationship. Jesse is a great guy and has a wonderful family. Who knows what the future holds?"

Telepictures Productions, which produces "The Bachelor," confirmed Thursday that the couple had broken up but declined to provide further details.

None of the previous "Bachelor" bachelors Alex Michel, Aaron Buerge, Andrew Firestone and Bob Guiney has ended up with the women they chose on the show.

The two women who starred in "The Bachelorette" have fared far better Trista Rehn married the man she chose, Ryan Sutter, in a $4 million televised ceremony, and Meredith Phillips is engaged to Ian McKee
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20040617/108752142000.html

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 08:42:53 AM »
I just heard about this breakup this morning on the radio on my drive in to work.  I am so dissappointed.  I do find it so comical how all of the women (trista & meredith) are still with thier guys.  It just goes to show who the good judges of character are!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 08:48:50 AM »
This is the first I heard of it.  That is really too bad but I guess not all that unexpected.  They seemed like they would be a great couple but with Jessica wanting to finish school and Jessie's job they would proably never see each other.

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »
Yea they are from 2 completely opposite sides of the country.....I think???? Isn't she from Cali?

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 01:19:28 AM »
That's too bad they broke up but who knows maybe they will hook up again once Jessica gets her career in order.  She is young and has lots of time to enjoy life ---everyone is always rushing to get to the next step but not stopping to enjoy the present time.  Looks to me the Bachelor series could have run its course.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 10:08:15 AM »
Well the women are doing better.  Sorry to hear the guys do this and can not get the woman in the end