Author Topic: TAR 17 Discussion ** No spoilers**  (Read 6483 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 17 Discussion ** No spoilers**
« on: May 26, 2010, 11:46:15 PM »
Go for it! :lol:

For those so inclined.....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 17 Discussion ** No spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 11:47:10 PM »
Oh I wish it was still like this for me. :lol:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 11:57:07 AM »
peeps, please allow me to vent on an issue here, which i think discussions has been made, just that i can search for that thread/posts:

ok, here it goes

could the cbs web monkeys reveal when are they going to release the TAR 17 teams, when one time they said Sept 7, then forwarded the date to Sept 1st, and now, a page which says TAR 17 is going to start soon.

can someone advice me on this. thanks
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 12:33:16 PM »
The short answer is whenever they feel like it, when everything is ready.

Sept 7 made more sense to me than the 1st but who knows? We'll be glad to get it whenever!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 01:14:48 PM »
peeps, please allow me to vent on an issue here, which i think discussions has been made, just that i can search for that thread/posts:

ok, here it goes

could the cbs web monkeys reveal when are they going to release the TAR 17 teams, when one time they said Sept 7, then forwarded the date to Sept 1st, and now, a page which says TAR 17 is going to start soon.

can someone advice me on this. thanks
If you have a twitter account, try re-tweeting my inquiry...
@AmazingRace_CBS When is the TAR 17 cast release?!?! Rescheduled? Can't wait until the premiere of The Amazing Race on Sept 26th! #TAR17
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 09:26:51 PM »
In this season, Phil has a more "positive" (or higher? IDK what word to put exactly) upbeat in narrating/dubbing the tasks compared to the lower (and depressing) intonation he had during previous seasons. With this new voice he have, I think it adds up to the excitement factor of the entire show. :tup:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 10:11:44 PM »
In this season, Phil has a more "positive" (or higher? IDK what word to put exactly) upbeat in narrating/dubbing the tasks compared to the lower (and depressing) intonation he had during previous seasons. With this new voice he have, I think it adds up to the excitement factor of the entire show. :tup:
You know, I've actually been thinking about this a lot this season. I agree that it makes the show a bit more exciting, but my two complaints are that he's moving away from the narration style he used during "classic TAR", and that at times it seems like he's just shouting.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 10:16:05 PM »
Well I guess Classic TAR Narration for me is boring, I find it depressing. A show built to be fast, dynamic, and everything's in a rush, an energized (YEAH, FOUND THE WORD THAT FITS! ENERGIZED NARRATION!) narration is really fitting.

:lol: But yeah, I agree, he's near to the point of shouting (especially during Episode 10's intro: "PREVIOUSLY ON THE AMAZING RACE!") :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D