Author Topic: CONGRATULATIONS Lee DeWyze! Winner of AI 2010!  (Read 8925 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
CONGRATULATIONS Lee DeWyze! Winner of AI 2010!
« on: May 26, 2010, 09:51:14 PM »
Both Crystal and Lee deserved it!  :hearts: :jam:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline heartz

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love reality shows~
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Lee DeWyze! Winner of AI 2010!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:23:04 PM »
I can't really say that Lee deserved it, but congratulations~  :tup:
Congrats Dan & Jordan~
Congrats Sandra Diaz, show that little troll who\'s Queen~
Good luck Crystal~

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:48:42 AM »
Lee did deserve it.  I personally prefer his style over Crystal.  I do believe Lee is marketable.  Both will have careers in the industry.   :hearts:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 12:49:02 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS

AMERICAN IDOL 2010

LEON JAMES "LEE" DEWYZE

AND TO THE FIRST RUNNER-UP

CRYSTAL LYNN BOWERSOX

and good luck to the rest of the Top 12

CASEY EVERETT JAMES
MICHAEL ALEXANDER LYNCHE
AARON WAYNE KELLY
SIOBHAN EVELYN MAGNUS
TIMOTHY JOSEPH URBAN
KATHERINE MARIE STEVENS
ANDREW ADRIAN GARCIA
VERED PAIKER "DIDI" BENAMI
PAIGE JASMINE MILES
LACEY ELIZABETH BROWN
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 08:45:56 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 03:51:28 AM »
Congrats to Lee :), but Crystal was robbed, yo. :/
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 05:31:50 AM »
Congrats to Lee and Crystal!! :jumpy:

I think that Lee's performance was not as strong as crystal's but you can see that the judges kept asking lee to push himself.  I think that put a birdie in some voters ear and redbull in their dialing fingers!   :lol:

I do believe that both of these contestants will do very very well. they all need some dancing lessons big time and fast though!! they all looked awkward as a group performance. :lol3:

what a bust out of music power last nite on the show! holy crud!! I actually felt like i was at a concert!! :wohoo: :keeta:

Janet you rocked it!!! and you put the HOT factor up on the board!! :whips

Paula seemed like she got nervous and emotional when she was doing her version of ROASTING Simon. I would have liked it better if she would have sang. She looked amazing!!! :colors

Bret...  :hearts: can't say enough .. that was my second favorite part of the show!! He looked great.. sounded great! and just put magic out there!!

chicago.. omg.. i forgot how much i loved that group!! and lee sounded fantastic with them

OMG Alannis morriset and Crystal!!! i was in love with that performance.. ( but they could have left out the waking back and forth they made me dizzy! ) :iok

Joe Cocker.. great legend.. loved his performance.. anyone notice that little panic move crystal did by pounding on her chest after the song was over?right before commercial? it was almost as if.."it's coming" next up the winner?? i felt her anxiety!

Alice cooper!! wow!!! OK AI one lesson .. don't dress big mike up in school clothes anymore!! :lol3: but great song!! always loved it!

ahhh all the other groups were fantastic!! :jumpy:

OK my problem>> WTF was with the guy who sang a really crappy parody to Simon and all the "flubs" came out on stage to wish him well??? :duno:   that knuckle head  (:;) that took the mic and then Tatiana tried to get air time and BAMM cut to commercial due to the chaos that started! .. that was just a bad move AI...

all in all we got to see one of very best finale's IMO that we will ever see!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:35:16 AM by ugot2bekidinmeny »
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline LaffyTaffy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 08:35:31 AM »
That was probably the BEST finale that Idol has ever had!  Holy Toledo Bret Michaels!  I loved loved loved Bret!! I felt like I was reliving my teenage years with all these awesome performances!  I agree that Alanis and Crystal's performance was great but all the walking back and forth was a little annoying. 

As far as the winner, they are both winners in my book. 

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 09:07:49 AM »
Crystal was robbed.

Ewww.

I'm not watching Idol anymore, not something out of childishness or impulsiveness. but I think Lee did deserved the final two position, but Crystal deserved to win.. i'm quite tired of the show already..

With Simon gone next season... i think i'll better stick with Survivor or TAR which after 20 and 16 seasons, are still as awesome as ever.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 11:09:30 AM »
Wow! There was only a 2 percent difference in votes! That's like... CLOSE. I wonder how many votes came in this season. But all I can say it, this season started out extremely crappy with the good ones gone early, but it all ended right. It's the best finale I can ever ask for (alright I'm biased). I supported Crystal and Lee right from the beginning and it's the first time the person I supported right from the beginning actually won. And BOTH made it to the final two. So I really didn't care who won. So Lee won, and maybe people say he didn't deserve it, but I think he did. If Crystal were the one who won, I'd have said the same thing too. Both of them are just amazing.

Even though Crystal didn't win, she's gonna do very well. This girl has mad, mad talent. She's been amazing throughout the whole season, the person you can always count on to give a decent performance even when the rest of the group suck. And she has delivered, week after week. She was off for a few weeks, but she came back strong and fighting again. This is just the beginning for her, title or no title, she has a bright future ahead. This is one heck of a musician!

Lee emerged as the dark horse, shy and terrified on stage initially. He made poor song choices, but started picking himself up at the top 10 week. Then he was unstoppable, giving great performance after great performance. IMO, his best performances were in the top 3 week. Even though he didn't give stellar performances when they counted, he's still a really great guy with a great voice and great heart. Love his sincerity and humility, and I hope he'll go far as well. I'm glad he won, I think he deserved it, yay Lee!

Probably the best finale this season. The performances really rocked. Not to mention the touching tribute to Simon. I'm really gonna miss the guy. The judge you can count on to always give honest, painful at times, yet extremely helpful advice. IMO, none of the other judges even match up to him one bit. Idol has got to get a good replacement, otherwise show ratings next year will just drop even more. True, Simon said that the audience has been incredible judges. But I'm sure, without Simon's useful opinions, the public will not vote the way they do. Simon's been awesome, and Idol's gonna miss a great, great judge!

I'm sad that this season has ended, but I'll still say that it is good. (Yeah maybe it's because I loved the ending). But that's what it's all about isn't it. It's the end that counts. And the end is good, IMO. Kudos to yet another awesome season of AI!

Congratulations to both Lee and Crystal! This is just the start for both of them. Amazing careers ahead. Go guys!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 03:56:06 PM »
I called it almost every week. The only week I was iffy on was the week big mike and cash were bottom 2 I new they would b but couldn't tell who was going.
I new lee would pull caseys votes and win, It happened last yr when Danny g's votes went to Kris. Who I wanted to win also. Yea a win win!!!
I thought the best fancily was the 2 davids,but I loved it when Bret came out not a fan but hearing what he has been trew. Wow
My take on the show did not love this season, and what was up with Janet channel ing her bro that was creepy,and Christina well Ty. Ff  lee u r awesome the one good thing this season. Jmo
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 05:42:45 PM »
CRYSTAL  was robbed

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »
I'm not used to Ruth & Joab having different tastes! :funny:

But I've come to accept Lee's win. Could've been a WHOLE lot worse. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 02:08:22 AM »
^ LOL Raymond! I think Joab and I only have similar tastes for TAR lol!

Yeah, it could've been worse. First I was freaked out that Aaron could have won this thing. Then, I was worried that Casey would pull a Kris Allen, both results I'd have been upset about. But now, Lee wins! He's the one I've been supporting from day 1. Crystal too, for that matter. Once again, well done, both of them!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 03:03:10 AM »
^^Oh really? My bad then. :funny:

I was happy with a Kris Allen win last season (woot!), but considering I didn't want 3/5 of the Final 5 to win this season :funny:, this was quite palatable. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 07:38:11 AM »
^ Same for me, Raymond! I didn't want Casey, Aaron or Big Mike to win. But on the other hand, I really supported Lee and Crystal. So I'm really happy with the result. And probably one of the rare few who's satisfied with AI this year. Lol.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 07:42:19 AM »
^^I actually dare say Siobhan/Katie/Didi was robbed this season. :P But it doesn't take away from Lee's win (for if it had to be one of the guys, it had to be [strike]Alex Lambert[/strike]Lee). :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!