Author Topic: The Amazing Race 17 TIMELINE/Spoiler Summary Thread  (Read 123630 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: The Amazing Race 17 TIMELINE/Spoiler Summary Thread
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2010, 04:59:34 AM »
Question for woden or MsShrek.....

Are you going to edit the previous episodes segments to correct the tasks. ie, the wheelbarrow task was a route info task and the detour was language arts/bicycle parts....?

Just wondered if you were going to correct for posterity/archieves?
Matthew 7:15

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2010, 08:47:06 PM »
In the past, I've left it as an "archive" of the information we had going into the episode -- Wikipedia and other sources have the official version of what happened each leg.  :tup:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2010, 08:13:44 AM »
It makes close to zero sense for anyone to transit from St Petersburg to Bangladesh via Oman, so I'm thinking Bangladesh is one leg. Have to spend some time looking at the schedule, I think there may have been a mistranslation from the Oman spoiler with regards to date, did we ever get a definite date for that from the airport staff?

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2010, 09:12:30 AM »
I have a theory as to why the teams are in Muscat for a very short time. On June 4 cyclone Phet hit Oman, killing 2 people and effecting oil and gas production. Winds near 120kph and heavy rains in Muscat.

This occurred while the teams were in Norway.

If you look at the photos in flickr for the date, you can see that there was quite a bit of flooding in Muscat. School exams were canceled for the whole week.
I speculate that there may have been some damage done to some of the infrastructure that would be needed for TAR to hold a complete leg there so TPTB had to do some rescheduling. So in one episode we get travel from St.Petersburg, maybe a single task in Muscat city, then travel to Bangladesh.
This is just speculation - trying to explain the weirdness of the sightings of teams in Muscat.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2010, 09:38:16 AM »
Excellent research, WP........thats why I love this board......

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2010, 10:05:40 AM »
I have a theory as to why the teams are in Muscat for a very short time. On June 4 cyclone Phet hit Oman, killing 2 people and effecting oil and gas production. Winds near 120kph and heavy rains in Muscat.

This occurred while the teams were in Norway.

If you look at the photos in flickr for the date, you can see that there was quite a bit of flooding in Muscat. School exams were canceled for the whole week.
I speculate that there may have been some damage done to some of the infrastructure that would be needed for TAR to hold a complete leg there so TPTB had to do some rescheduling. So in one episode we get travel from St.Petersburg, maybe a single task in Muscat city, then travel to Bangladesh.
This is just speculation - trying to explain the weirdness of the sightings of teams in Muscat.

It's a good theory, walkingpneumonia, but Phet was not that strong a tropical cyclone when it actually reached Oman. It was stronger before landfall and after leaving Oman on the way to Pakistan. Here is the AccuWeather summary for Oman during Phet:

Phet slammed into Oman Thursday evening. Soon after landfall, the strength of the storm's maximum sustained winds were equivalent to a Category 2 hurricane. Phet's intensity matched a Category 4 hurricane as recently as early Thursday morning. The interaction with land is what caused Phet to weaken early Friday morning, but it remained a potent storm. The storm dumped nearly 6 inches of rain in 24 hours, ending Friday morning EDT, on Ras al Hadd, Oman.

Digital Journal reported this on Friday June 4:

NASA's Terra satellite have captured infrared and visible images of Tropical Cyclone Phet today that showed the lack of an eye, indicating that the storm had weakened after making landfall in Oman...  When Phet made landfall in Oman on June 3, it caused landslides and floods in the eastern part of the country. After landfall Phet weakened and continued heading in a northeasterly direction up Oman's coast and back into the Arabian Sea. No casualties have been reported. Tropical Cyclone Phet's maximum sustained winds were down to 65 knots (74 mph) making it a Category One cyclone on the Saffir-Simpson Scale. That's down from the Category Four cyclone it was before it made landfall yesterday. Phet is now 65 miles southeast of Musqat, Oman, near 22.9 North and 59.5 East. It's moving north-northeast near 6 knots (7 mph). Tropical Storm-force winds extend out to 115 miles from the center, so the storm has grown in size since it made landfall. It's now 230 miles in diameter.

That means that there was severe rain, but wind damage may not have been as severe as needed to seriously disrupt the Amazing Race visit for 2.5 to 3 days later .

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2010, 10:16:25 AM »
Those of us that live in hurricane country know its always the water from the storm surge and rain that lasts long time after the storm....it just doesn't drain away in 2-3 days.

I remember in TAR9 that they had to fjord several low water crossings when they were there........those would be deep water crossings after a hurricane.....lol

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2010, 10:48:56 AM »
Those of us that live in hurricane country know its always the water from the storm surge and rain that lasts long time after the storm....it just doesn't drain away in 2-3 days.

Very true.  Fay in 2008 never reached hurricane strength - just a tropical storm, if I remember right.  But there were lots of low areas in Florida that were flooded, some up to thigh high.  It was so wet that even just "swampy" areas had ankle deep water for weeks not the usual soft/wet ground.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2010, 04:54:29 PM »
An alternate source for discussion of Tropical Cyclone Phat is the blog by Dr. Jeff Masters, who founded Weather Underground (a frequent TAR detective information source, no?). Here's the link to his entries for the month of June; the entries are in reverse chronological order (more recent on top), so you'll have to scroll down to get to June 4th, 3rd, and 2nd, where the storm is discussed. (link)  And he posted satellite photos of the record-setting cyclone.

Meanwhile, and slightly off-topic, the lowest barometric pressure ever recorded in Iowa in the month of October took place overnight. (979mb), which is more often found in a category two hurricane. The winds were close enough today 30-40 mph and some higher gusts.  I've stayed inside as those are hard winds to drive in.
-- theschnauzers

Offline sphoebus

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2010, 10:07:39 PM »
Regarding Nick and Vicky's placement:  In an post-elimination interview quoted below, Katie mentions that she and Rachel didn't get a chance to talk to Nick very much.  I think this may be a good indication that Nick and Vicky never get to Elimination Station, and are at the very least decoys in the final legs. 

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-katie-seamon-and-rachel-johnston-talk-the-amazing-race-11652.php

Reality TV World: What did you two think of Nick in general?  He seems to put up a confident front but it seems like Vicki is actually the tough one on that team. [This week] he let her do the rappelling, and then he also seemed to struggle with the bike ride after talking up his BMX experience.

Katie Seamon: We didn't really get to talk to him too much but they seemed like good people and Nick seemed like just a pretty chill guy. I understand the anger and getting mad, and Katie and I are the first ones to get frustrated to lash out at each other, so I mean I think it's just being competitive

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2010, 10:06:55 AM »
Regarding Nick and Vicky's placement:  In an post-elimination interview quoted below, Katie mentions that she and Rachel didn't get a chance to talk to Nick very much.  I think this may be a good indication that Nick and Vicky never get to Elimination Station, and are at the very least decoys in the final legs.  

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-katie-seamon-and-rachel-johnston-talk-the-amazing-race-11652.php

Reality TV World: What did you two think of Nick in general?  He seems to put up a confident front but it seems like Vicki is actually the tough one on that team. [This week] he let her do the rappelling, and then he also seemed to struggle with the bike ride after talking up his BMX experience.

Katie Seamon: We didn't really get to talk to him too much but they seemed like good people and Nick seemed like just a pretty chill guy. I understand the anger and getting mad, and Katie and I are the first ones to get frustrated to lash out at each other, so I mean I think it's just being competitive

Well, I correctly concluded that Nick & Vicky would make at least the Final 5, so this is proof of that.  If we can find out who they talked to a lot, we can find out who else got to Elimination Station.

Belle Book
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:17:25 PM by Belle Book »

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2010, 04:41:14 PM »
Regarding Nick and Vicky's placement:  In an post-elimination interview quoted below, Katie mentions that she and Rachel didn't get a chance to talk to Nick very much.  I think this may be a good indication that Nick and Vicky never get to Elimination Station, and are at the very least decoys in the final legs. 

Reality TV World: What did you two think of Nick in general?  He seems to put up a confident front but it seems like Vicki is actually the tough one on that team. [This week] he let her do the rappelling, and then he also seemed to struggle with the bike ride after talking up his BMX experience.

Well, I correctly condluded that Nick & Vicky would make at least the Final 5, so this is proof of that.  If we can find out who they talked to a lot, we can find out who else got to Elimination Station.

Belle Book

Never know.  They might very well be the F4 elimination.  It's a question of who between them and Chad & Stephanie is getting that edit.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2010, 06:18:27 PM »

Well, I correctly condluded that Nick & Vicky would make at least the Final 5, so this is proof of that.  If we can find out who they talked to a lot, we can find out who else got to Elimination Station.

Belle Book

Never know.  They might very well be the F4 elimination.  It's a question of who between them and Chad & Stephanie is getting that edit.

I said at least Final 5.  Personally, I think they made the Final 4 but I'm not sure if Hong Kong is a NEL or not.

Belle Book

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2010, 08:22:27 PM »
Sorry for the confusion. Fixed, misled by translation error. Teams must have been leaving Oman night of 9 Jun.

Leg
Phil
Teams
Comments
England
27 May
27 May
First leg
Accra I
28 May
29 May
-
Accra II
30 May
30 May
Short leg
Sweden
31 May
1 Jun
-
Norway
2 Jun
2 Jun
Short leg
St Petersburg I
4 Jun
5 Jun
Long leg
St Petersburg II
6 Jun
6 Jun
Short leg
Muscat
7 Jun
8 Jun
-
Dhaka
9 Jun
10 Jun
-
Hong Kong
11 Jun
12 Jun
-
South Korea
13 Jun
14 Jun
-
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 08:25:51 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2010, 08:31:30 PM »
Yeah we have that in the Timeline.
sighting of teams in Muscat Airport on evening of June 9 looking for flights to Bangladesh

But can you help with extended Pitstops in here? I would like to sort this out if possible!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2010, 02:19:36 AM »
The term "Extended Pit Stops" needs to be redefined; not a single one of the Pit Stops so far has been shorter than 15h. If we're talking about teams being held back an extra day for Phil to travel, though, we've already seen the only one on this race: Narvik (~36h). Otherwise, teams checking in to any Pit Stop from now on can expect to check in to the next one within two calendar days.

A couple of things I noticed upon rewatching, not sure if they've been asked or answered while I was away:
1. The Virgin flight was supposed to arrive in Accra at 4.35am, but the flight is shown landing and the teams running out of the airport in broad daylight. All teams check in before 11.30am, though. What's up with this?
2. Teams checking into Asebi were told they would return to the school the next day, but the timeline has them departing the same day they paint the school (31 May), and Jonathan/Connor leaving at 10.15am. Some teams managed to change clothes between painting and departing the Pit Stop. Is this possible?
3. On that note, teams did not check out from the home of Awusa Ntso. I'm thinking the Pit Stop hotel, La Palm Royal Beach Hotel. Can someone confirm?

Here's what I have so far:

26 MAY WED
Eastern Point Yacht Club, Gloucester, Massachusetts, USA
Car to Logan Intl Airport, Boston, Massachusetts
Ron/Tony, Jill/Thomas, Chad/Stephanie
  AA 108 (1940-0700) to Heathrow Intl Airport, London, UK
Katie/Rachel, Gary/Mallory, Brooke/Claire, Nat/Kat, Michael/Kevin, Nat/Vicki, Andie/Jenna, Connor/Jonathan
  VS 12 (2002-0726) to Heathrow Intl Airport

27 MAY THR
Car to Stonehenge, Amesbury, Wiltshire, UK
Car to Eastnor Castle, Ledbury, Herefordshire, UK
Boat at Eastnor Castle
Pit Stop at Eastnor Castle, Ledbury, Herefordshire, UK (~22h)

28 MAY FRI
Pit Start (1155-1345) at Eastnor Castle, Ledbury, Herefordshire, UK
Car to Heathrow Intl Airport, London, UK
VS 657 (2254-0435) to Kotoka Intl Airport, Accra, Ghana

29 MAY SAT
Taxi to Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park, Accra
Taxi to Makola Market, Accra
Taxi to Jun 4 Area, Accra
Taxi to Kaneshie Market, Accra
Pit Stop at Kaneshie Market, Accra, Ghana (~22h)

30 MAY SUN
Pit Start (0734-0806) at Kaneshie Market, Accra, Ghana
Taxi to Akotokou Boxing Academy, Accra
Taxi to supply depot, Asebi, Dodowa, Accra
Walk to Asebi D/A Primary School, Asebi
Walk to home of Awusa Ntso, Asebi
Pit Stop at home of Awusa Ntso, Asebi, Dodowa, Accra, Ghana (~23h)

31 MAY MON
Pit Start (1015-1326) at La Palm Royal Beach Hotel, Accra, Ghana
LH 567 (2203-0638) to Frankfurt Intl Airport, Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany

1 JUN TUE
Gary/Mallory, Kevin/Michael, Nat/Kat, Brooke/Claire
  LH 3000 (0747-0945) to Arlanda Intl Airport, Stockholm, Sweden
  SK 1042 (1107-1231) to Kiruna Airport, Kiruna, Lapland, Sweden
Connor/Jonathan, Chad/Stephanie, Katie/Rachel, Nick/Vicki, Jill/Thomas
  LH 3002 (0955-1151) to Arlanda Intl Airport, Stockholm, Sweden
  SK 1044 (1325-1445) to Kiruna Airport, Kiruna, Lapland, Sweden
Car to Ice Hotel, Kiruna
Car to Vakkara Wilderness Lodge, Vakkara, Lapland
Michael, Mallory, Claire, Kat, Connor, Nick, Katie, Stephanie, Jill
  Dog sled at Vakkara Wilderness Lodge
Car to Vassijaure Train Station, Vassijaure, Lapland
Nat/Kat, Gary/Mallory, Brooke/Claire, Connor/Jonathan, Chad/Stephanie, Katie/Rachel, Nick/Vicki
  Car to Riksgransen Ski Resort, Riksgransen, Lapland
  Ski lift at Riksgransen Ski Resort
  Techsled at Riksgransen Ski Resort
Michael/Kevin, Jill/Thomas, Chad/Stephanie, Katie/Rachel, Connor/Jonathan
  Car to Riksgransen Lake, Riksgransen, Lapland
Car to Swedish/Norwegian border, Riksgransen
Pit Stop at Swedish/Norwegian border, Riksgransen, Lapland, Sweden (~15h)

2 JUN WED
Pit Start (0600-0834) at Swedish/Norwegian border, Riksgransen, Lapland, Sweden
Car to Lower Station, Narvikfjellet, Narvik, Nordland, Norway
Gondola to Upper Station, Narvikfjellet
Gondola to Lower Station, Narvikfjellet
Nat/Kat, Nick/Vicki
  Car to Vidrek, Nordland
Car to Skjombrua Bridge, Nordland
Car to Harvika, Nordland
Michael/Kevin, Brooke/Claire, Chad/Stephanie, Katie/Rachel
  Boat at Harvika
Jill/Thomas, Gary/Mallory, Nick/Vicki
  Bicycle at Harvika
Car to Ankenes Marina, Ankenes, Nordland
Pit Stop at Ankenes Marina, Ankenes, Nordland, Norway (~36h)

3 JUN THR
Pit Start (2026-) at Ankenes Marina, Ankenes, Nordland, Norway
Car to Narvik Station, Narvik, Nordland

4 JUN FRI
IC 95 (1026-1653) to Boden Station, Norrbotten, Sweden
IN 91 (1736-0831) to Uppsala Station, Uppsala, Sweden

5 JUN SAT
Taxi to Arlanda Intl Airport, Stockholm, Sweden
SK 732 (1014-1333) to Pulkovo Intl Airport, St Petersburg, Russia
Taxi to Rostral Columns, St Petersburg
Chad/Stephanie, Gary/Mallory, Nat/Kat, Nick/Vicki
  Taxi to Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace, St Petersburg
Michael/Kevin, Jill/Thomas, Brooke/Claire, Gary/Mallory, Nat/Kat, Nick/Vicki
  Taxi to Lenfilm Studio
Nick/Vicki
  Taxi to Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace, St Petersburg
Taxi to Palace Square, St Petersburg
Taxi to Aleksandrovskaya, St Petersburg
Taxi to St Isaac's Cathedral, St Petersburg
Pit Stop at St Isaac's Cathedral, St Petersburg, Russia
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:19:22 AM by Neobie »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2010, 02:32:18 AM »
To clarify the Ghana timeline:
28 May: Sighting has teams leaving London.
29 May: Teams arrive in Ghana and check in at Kaneshie Market.
30 May: Brooke/Claire check out at 7.34am. Teams check in at Asebi.
31 May: Teams paint the house. This is also the date on Jonathan/Connor's tickets leaving Ghana.

Is it possible for teams to paint the house in an hour, get shuttled back to the hotel to clean up and change, then have Jonathan/Connor depart at 10.15am?

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2010, 07:22:06 AM »
The term "Extended Pit Stops" needs to be redefined; not a single one of the Pit Stops so far has been shorter than 15h. If we're talking about teams being held back an extra day for Phil to travel, though, we've already seen the only one on this race: Narvik (~36h).

1. The Virgin flight was supposed to arrive in Accra at 4.35am, but the flight is shown landing and the teams running out of the airport in broad daylight. All teams check in before 11.30am, though. What's up with this?...

Pit Stop at Ankenes Marina, Ankenes, Nordland, Norway (~36h)

On the first note above, World Race Productions frequently use the same departing or  arriving airline in their supporting camera shots, but there is no law that they must use video of the ACTUAL flights. It is clear to me that they just used a flight on another day and in daylight.

On the second point, there is no other possible explanation than a 36 hours pit stop.

I have my own observation to add to the mix:
The taxis teams took were not from Stockholm to Arlanda; I believe they were from Uppsala train station to Arlanda. That avoids a brief 12 connect  time for the train at Uppsala when the remaining time on a regional train was just 18 minutes.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2010, 07:26:12 AM »
To clarify the Ghana timeline:
28 May: Sighting has teams leaving London.
29 May: Teams arrive in Ghana and check in at Kaneshie Market.
30 May: Brooke/Claire check out at 7.34am. Teams check in at Asebi.
31 May: Teams paint the house. This is also the date on Jonathan/Connor's tickets leaving Ghana.

Is it possible for teams to paint the house in an hour, get shuttled back to the hotel to clean up and change, then have Jonathan/Connor depart at 10.15am?

Neobie,

You have the wrong departure time for LH567, the only nonstop flight from Accra to Frankfurt and clearly the flght used because it arrives around 640am in Frankfurt and that created the rationale for why most of the teams cannot book the flight from Frankfurt on to Arlanda.   It departs at 10pm, not 10am and yes, it is quite easy for teams to wait until after 6pm and make that flight.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2010, 07:50:51 AM »
Neobie,

I have been noticing the same things that you are. I think that production is playing pretty fast and loose with the stated departure times on the telecasts.

Btw.....you may want to edit above.....its the Swedish/NORWEIGAN border....not the Finnish border.

Production either told teams to get off at Uppsala and take taxis or they all found out on the train ride. Since there was only that one flight on Saturday......my guess is that it was Production's instructions.

I could see Production filming the Accra departure times, when the teams are painting the school. Then taking them back to the hotel to get ready for flight and sending off from the hotel on some kind of staggered start then. Jonathan and Connor obviously arrived at the airport before the 430 pm opening of the Lufthanza office, but I really dont think they were let go from the pit stop at 10:15 am. It just doesnt seem to give them enough time to paint the school, even if they hauled them out there at sunup.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:15:18 AM by DrRox »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2010, 09:16:05 AM »
Neobie,

I have been noticing the same things that you are. I think that production is playing pretty fast and loose with the stated departure times on the telecasts.

Btw.....you may want to edit above.....its the Swedish/NORWEIGAN border....not the Finnish border.

Production either told teams to get off at Uppsala and take taxis or they all found out on the train ride. Since there was only that one flight on Saturday......my guess is that it was Production's instructions.

I could see Production filming the Accra departure times, when the teams are painting the school. Then taking them back to the hotel to get ready for flight and sending off from the hotel on some kind of staggered start then. Jonathan and Connor obviously arrived at the airport before the 430 pm opening of the Lufthanza office, but I really dont think they were let go from the pit stop at 10:15 am. It just doesnt seem to give them enough time to paint the school, even if they hauled them out there at sunup.

From the EXIF data on the CBS photos - I have them painting the school from about 07:30 to 09:00 local time on May 31.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2010, 09:18:41 AM »
Thanks guys for your insights!

Apskip, I'm not referring to what time the flights teams took out of Ghana, but that the show told us that Jonathan/Connor left the Asebi Pit Stop at 10.15am. This is strange because sunrise is just a couple of hours before, and they must have painted the school between sunrise and departure. A 36h Pit Stop is impossible because we are very sure teams arrived in Ghana on the morning of 29 May (spoiler) and departed on the evening of 31 May (shot of tickets). Like DrRox, I'm feeling that the departure timings we were given at the beginning of Episode 4 were wrong.

The departure shots from "Asebi" in Episode 4, however, are definitely not from anywhere near the school - there's too much traffic and infrastructure to be out there in the wilderness.

Yes, we have noted that teams got off at Uppsala in the Episode Thread. (This is also reflected in the long timeline posted.) Good independent observation anyway!

Timeline edited for stupid Norwegian-Finnish mistake.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2010, 09:41:51 AM »
Hey guys, do you think the teams stayed in two different locations for the two Pit Stops in Ghana? Compare the background in the two confessional areas for the two legs: Ghana II with a cage and Ghana I with the ocean (La Palm Royal)... In Episode 4 Jonathan/Connor depart from in front of the cage, and a lion statue.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2010, 03:34:58 PM »
Found the Leg 3 Pit Stop hotel: Marina Hotel in Dodowa. Which makes the 10.15am release for Connor/Jonathan plausible.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2010, 05:03:11 PM »
Wow, that is GOOD!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.