Author Topic: Questions  (Read 40858 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Questions
« on: May 20, 2010, 08:04:48 AM »
Put any questions here and one of our astute members will try their best to help you.

If you have a question about how to post something or how RFF works, try checking the Support Thread first, lots of good info there. If you aren't sure where to put something, start HERE and see if your info fits in one of the existing topics first.

If you have a question about how TAR works, ask here.

This topic is to minimize the chatter in spoiler topics, and not for speculation please.

Speculation on locations or contestants should go HERE please.

Thanks!  :waves:

For anything else, feel free to email puddin or me, the addresses are in our profiles. If you want to share a spoiler privately, please do! Your confidentiality is respected.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kadilahopper

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:13:44 AM »
Georgia, do you have any idea how many teams are  now being selected from the applications and how many are solicited by the show.  It seems to me that the trend is toward soliciting more teams through agents and outside sources and less through the casting calls and applications.  I have read alot of interviews with past contestants and alot of them say that they were solicted to appear on the show.  A good number of them had never even seen the show.  Maybe you have a ratio.

arun1125

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 08:32:55 PM »
This has to be the most rural starting location ever, yet it is the most spoiled.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 08:52:59 PM »
This has to be the most rural starting location ever, yet it is the most spoiled.

I disagree.........the start to TAR2, was out in the desert of Nevada.....60 or 70 miles from Las Vegas.
Matthew 7:15

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 08:57:19 PM »

I disagree.........the start to TAR2, was out in the desert of Nevada.....60 or 70 miles from Las Vegas.

And I think Chateau's starting line photos for TAR15 probably gave us the most spoiled start. Although TAR8 was blown open pretty early too. The video of teams headed to the starting line this AM was a first, though.

arun1125

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 09:00:27 PM »

And I think Chateau's starting line photos for TAR15 probably gave us the most spoiled start. Although TAR8 was blown open pretty early too. The video of teams headed to the starting line this AM was a first, though.

I agree. But that was my opinion, anyone noe where to acess Amazing Race 6 and Amazing Race 8 Forums?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 09:39:31 PM »
Another very "rural" start was TAR 3 in the middle of the Everglades.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 11:08:44 AM »

I agree. But that was my opinion, anyone noe where to acess Amazing Race 6 and Amazing Race 8 Forums?

Try here down to page 23-ish for TAR 6. :tup:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 02:18:05 AM »
Just wondering how they scout for each leg location before each season starts? Is it possible they already have been to the places a couple of seasons in advance? Thus the reason for the many Indian legs and Chinese legs in the last few seasons? Or do they prepare one season at a time and do a "trial-run" in the correct order beforehand?
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 06:29:20 AM »
Isn't Gloucester the city where 17 of those girls wounded up pregnant?? Funny, it is TAR 17

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 02:31:55 PM »
Isn't Gloucester the city where 17 of those girls wounded up pregnant?? Funny, it is TAR 17

Haha it is. Oh the irony!  :lol3:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 02:26:46 AM »
How are we supposed to tell if it is China Rush, TARA4 or TAR17??

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 02:50:09 AM »

China Rush is over. For the next four days or so, assume Asia sightings are TARA.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 02:54:11 AM »

China Rush is over. For the next four days or so, assume Asia sightings are TARA.
I don't think so . If TAR now film in Russia ,then next it will go to Asia countries.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 02:50:38 PM »
This hasn't have to do with the current filming,  but I wanted to point out that Episode 12: All-Stars, when the teams were flying from China to Guam, Phil mistakenly said that Guam is an island in the South Pacific.  That is incorrect here! Guam is in the North Pacific, too north to be in the South Pacific.  I just wanted to point that out.

:ot:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 03:09:07 PM »
This hasn't have to do with the current filming,  but I wanted to point out that Episode 12: All-Stars, when the teams were flying from China to Guam, Phil mistakenly said that Guam is an island in the South Pacific.  That is incorrect here! Guam is in the North Pacific, too north to be in the South Pacific.  I just wanted to point that out.

I was just re-watching that episode a few weeks ago and I heard Phil say that and was amazed at such a glaring mistake.  Good catch, mjriches2005.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 05:18:38 PM »
This hasn't have to do with the current filming,  but I wanted to point out that Episode 12: All-Stars, when the teams were flying from China to Guam, Phil mistakenly said that Guam is an island in the South Pacific.  That is incorrect here! Guam is in the North Pacific, too north to be in the South Pacific.  I just wanted to point that out.

I was just re-watching that episode a few weeks ago and I heard Phil say that and was amazed at such a glaring mistake.  Good catch, mjriches2005.

Also another thing I noticed, during Episode 2: Season 1, when teams left Zambia to get back to South Africa to fly to Paris they are driving to Johannesburg.  I have the 1st season on DVD and it doesn't show them flying between Zambia back to South Africa, was it cut or did they drive back to Johannesburg by driving through Zimbabwe or Botswana?  :ot:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:28:59 PM by mjriches2005 »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 05:20:52 PM »
Not sure if they flew or drove the whole way, but the Detour was filmed in Botswana, I believe.

Offline mandk

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 09:12:28 AM »
who are the final 4 teams?  :duno:

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 04:19:54 PM »
who are the final 4 teams?  :duno:

Read the live sightings/contestants thread.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 08:40:26 AM »
[/quote]

Wikipedia offers a lot of information on the past TARS as well...  ;)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »
There are a ton of TAR topics in the RFF Archives. Start here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/board,43.0.html   :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »
is final in los angles because a guy on nother website they saw team in Santa Barbara, California.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 08:30:57 PM »
is final in los angles because a guy on nother website they saw team in Santa Barbara, California.

That sighting was on July 23, well after our guys were home.

My guess is they saw this:

http://www.areteadventures.com/u-amazingrace.shtml
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 02:14:40 PM »
is 12 leg or 11