Author Topic: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*  (Read 420069 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*
« Reply #650 on: October 23, 2010, 01:28:53 PM »
I know, all I've heard was that the crew were seen at LAX and Phil was there,

Huh?   :ascared  No.  I did not see Phil.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #651 on: October 23, 2010, 01:35:16 PM »
I know, all I've heard was that the crew were seen at LAX and Phil was there,

Huh?   :ascared  No.  I did not see Phil.

I mean't someone met Phil either on the flight or at the Airport on the 15th of June.

:groan:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #652 on: October 23, 2010, 04:06:12 PM »
Please keep in mind that teams cross over the International Date Line, and when going from west to east, you lose a day on the calendar. In other words, by the time teams arrive in the U.S., the calendar may say its the same day, but it's actually the following day by then in Asia.

the schnauzers,  I suspect we could be having a semantic difference, but I find that your conclusion is correct, but your first statement is the reverse of my reality of crossing the International Date Line. It is when going east to west that you lose a day (meaning add one to the date) on the calendar. When going west to east, you gain a day (meaning subtract one from the date). Given the departure times and length of most trans Pacific nonstop flights, this means that a traveler leaves east Asia sometime on a given date and will arrive in the U.S. on the morning of the same date.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #653 on: October 23, 2010, 05:54:48 PM »
So where is the final destination then; Los Angeles? Seattle? Where??????????
 :duno: :duno: :duno: :duno:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #654 on: October 23, 2010, 07:49:07 PM »
MJ, you can check the first post of the Timeline thread -- it contains all information we know. We have zero Phil sightings at or near the end of the race, and zero evidence of a non-LA finish line.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #655 on: October 23, 2010, 09:12:41 PM »
MJ, you can check the first post of the Timeline thread -- it contains all information we know. We have zero Phil sightings at or near the end of the race, and zero evidence of a non-LA finish line.

I know that, so where could this season have ended then??
 :duno:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #656 on: October 23, 2010, 09:18:06 PM »

It ended in LA. Not sure where the lack of clarity is coming from?  ???

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #657 on: October 23, 2010, 11:55:24 PM »

It ended in LA. Not sure where the lack of clarity is coming from?  ???

This issue is seem to be bothersome, until then, I will give the LA finish a 50/50 chance meaning it could be LA or it could not.  When the previews for the final leg episode airs, then we will know for sure.

:groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #658 on: October 29, 2010, 12:05:48 AM »
I think this sighting has credence.
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21980.msg528305.html#msg528305
We all know that Nick can do "distinctive" hair. However, there was a cameraman seen in Seoul who had dreads...so remain unconvinced about that part. :lol:

I think this sighting is also possible, the Chad/Steph ID was made after reviewing our team photos.
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21997.msg527384.html#msg527384
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #659 on: October 29, 2010, 12:58:23 AM »
Okay, have been able to follow up somewhat with the poster who twittered she was on the flight from Seoul to LA with the last "two" teams.
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21997.msg527953.html#msg527953

On the flight with the last two remaining teams of the future season of The Amazing Race from Seoul to LA. Such a rush.
12:31 PM Jun 15th via txt

There are a few inconsistencies which I think/hope can be mostly explained by the multiple legs she flew that day...

Anyway, all I know is that there were three teams: two girls (blonde and brunette), two girls (both blonde, I think), and a couple (lots of tattoos, both brunette). They got off Korean Air flight 740 when I updated on twitter. We noticed the couple were just standing around baggage claim after the flight and waiting around with Phil and the crew. Could they just be a decoy team? They didn't race like the others did.

Breaking this down based on further conversations:
two girls (blonde and brunette)  :yes:
two girls (both blonde, I think) +/-
couple (lots of tattoos, both brunette) :yes:
They got off Korean Air flight 740>>this is incorrect, it is a flight # from HK to Seoul...she has not been able to recall what flight # she took Seoul to LA. Arrival time is consistent with KE 1, arr Scheduled:   8:40 AM - Tue Jun 15, 2010>  Actual:   8:33 AM - Tue Jun 15, 2010

when I updated on twitter>>she was in baggage claim at LAX, tweet time ~ 1231 June 15 (presumed EST)

This description suggests to me that Nick and Vicki are most likely indeed our 4th place decoy team. Racing teams don't go to baggage claim or hang with production.

Feel free to dissect this! I am still trying, but further details are not so easy to obtain.  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 01:24:12 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #660 on: October 29, 2010, 10:33:07 AM »

Feel free to dissect this! I am still trying, but further details are not so easy to obtain.  :lol:
There isn't a team left that has 2 blonde women left - unless of course, either Claire or Kat gets their hair bleached blonde somewhere while they are racing.
It wouldn't be the first time that a detour has dramatically changed the appearance of a racer - like getting their head shaved.
I guess the other option is that Thomas has a sex change...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #661 on: October 29, 2010, 10:46:15 AM »

There isn't a team left that has 2 blonde women left - unless of course, either Claire or Kat gets their hair bleached blonde somewhere while they are racing.
It wouldn't be the first time that a detour has dramatically changed the appearance of a racer - like getting their head shaved.
I guess the other option is that Thomas has a sex change...

Mallory and Brooke/Claire/Nat/Kat buddying up??

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #662 on: October 29, 2010, 01:50:48 PM »
She may have gotten confused as to who was with which team, I don't think it is serious, 2 women teams is the crucial bit. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #663 on: October 29, 2010, 04:24:37 PM »
Okay, have been able to follow up somewhat with the poster who twittered she was on the flight from Seoul to LA with the last "two" teams.

On the flight with the last two remaining teams of the future season of The Amazing Race from Seoul to LA. Such a rush.

There are a few inconsistencies which I think/hope can be mostly explained by the multiple legs she flew that day...

Anyway, all I know is that there were three teams: two girls (blonde and brunette), two girls (both blonde, I think), and a couple (lots of tattoos, both brunette). They got off Korean Air flight 740 when I updated on twitter. We noticed the couple were just standing around baggage claim after the flight and waiting around with Phil and the crew. Could they just be a decoy team? They didn't race like the others did.

They got off Korean Air flight 740>>this is incorrect, it is a flight # from HK to Seoul...she has not been able to recall what flight # she took Seoul to LA. Arrival time is consistent with KE 1, arr Scheduled:   8:40 AM - Tue Jun 15, 2010>  Actual:   8:33 AM - Tue Jun 15, 2010

when I updated on twitter>>she was in baggage claim at LAX, tweet time ~ 1231 June 15 (presumed EST)

This description suggests to me that Nick and Vicki are most likely indeed our 4th place decoy team. Racing teams don't go to baggage claim or hang with production.

So either she didn't see Jill & Thomas or they got on a later flight than the two all-female teams (Brok & Claire and Nat & Kat).

Belle Book

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #664 on: October 29, 2010, 06:11:14 PM »

So either she didn't see Jill & Thomas or they got on a later flight than the two all-female teams (Brok & Claire and Nat & Kat).

Belle Book

Well, this definitely confirms (more or less) that Brook & Claire and Nat & Kat are in the F3.  Jill & Thomas are either ahead of, behind, or with them but went unseen.  I hope it's that second one because of what it'd more or less guarantee. :)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #665 on: November 01, 2010, 07:37:04 PM »
Here are the correct identifications of the Racers in the Hong Kong photos:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dragoondaniel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #666 on: November 01, 2010, 08:19:37 PM »
Wait, so Gary/Mallory made it to Hong Kong? Or decoys? (though do the decoys normally appear side-by-side with the actual racers?)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #667 on: November 01, 2010, 09:30:30 PM »
Here are the correct identifications of the Racers in the Hong Kong photos:

:welcome2: to RFF! Your pic ID is right, but that is Logan, NOT Hong Kong.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #668 on: November 01, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »
That pic comes from THIS video, taken on race start day at Logan.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #669 on: November 02, 2010, 08:17:20 AM »
If that is so, then why are you using this photo as evidence for these teams being spotted in Hong Kong? And how  do you know that Jill and Thomas made it to Hong Kong?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 06:51:44 PM by Prophet »

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #670 on: November 02, 2010, 09:12:23 AM »
If that is so, then why in the world are you using this photo as evidence for these teams being spotted in Hong Kong? And how in the world do you know that Jill and Thomas made it to Hong Kong?
There's a photo of them running down a street with Brook & Claire and Nat & Kat.  Their backpacks match and everything:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #671 on: November 02, 2010, 09:33:37 AM »
There are supposed to be five teams on this leg. If that is Jill\Thomas on the far right, than who is the fifth team if Nick\Vicki is understood to be there as well?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #672 on: November 02, 2010, 09:56:26 AM »
the pr0phet,

We uesd the photo at Logan Airport to match the photo of three teams running down the street in Hong Kong. We compared the backpacks seen at Logan to the backpacks in that Hong Kong photo, to determine which teams are on that street in Hong Kong.

I hope this helps you out........btw,

:welcome: :bigwelcome :welcome2: :welcome3:
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #673 on: November 02, 2010, 10:01:46 AM »
That still does not answer my question: who is the fifth team?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #674 on: November 02, 2010, 10:05:12 AM »

Well, this definitely confirms (more or less)

Does this pyscho-babble actually mean anything? I mean, either something confirms or it doesn't confirm...right?

Am I missing something?
Matthew 7:15