Author Topic: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*  (Read 420031 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*
« Reply #450 on: June 09, 2010, 09:40:05 PM »
The story that mentions the possible Marines involvement with TAR in 2010 is still available. It's mentioned at the very end of the story.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2010/01/marines_ontap_010110w/

However, after doing further research, I find that while the US has 28,500 soldiers stationed in South Korea, less than 250 are Marines. They are stationed at Camp Mujuk which is at Pohang on the east coast of South Korea and not particularly near Dongducheon. I wouldn't completely rule out TAR doing something with Marines in South Korea as they apparently fly Marines in periodically for exercises, but involvement with the US Army or US Air Force seems much more likely since they have about 28,000 of the 28,500 troops stationed there. This might be one of those cases where we won't have any evidence until the weekly previews get released by CBS.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #451 on: June 09, 2010, 11:50:42 PM »
The story that mentions the possible Marines involvement with TAR in 2010 is still available. It's mentioned at the very end of the story.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2010/01/marines_ontap_010110w/

However, after doing further research, I find that while the US has 28,500 soldiers stationed in South Korea, less than 250 are Marines. They are stationed at Camp Mujuk which is at Pohang on the east coast of South Korea and not particularly near Dongducheon. I wouldn't completely rule out TAR doing something with Marines in South Korea as they apparently fly Marines in periodically for exercises, but involvement with the US Army or US Air Force seems much more likely since they have about 28,000 of the 28,500 troops stationed there. This might be one of those cases where we won't have any evidence until the weekly previews get released by CBS.

The article on the link says "possible Marine appearences"  there is a chance that it may not happen due to the article was out in January and changes can occur between when it was publish til now.  Keep reading military news articles online or lookup U.S. military bases news and see what is going on.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #452 on: June 10, 2010, 04:57:38 AM »
Okay...if TARA 4 has not yet started (possibly)...then this sighting would have to be TAR 17.

I like the idea of this being the Marine involvement! :hearts:

So apprently they may be here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Casey,_South_Korea

awaiting more info...

Two things:

It is not TARA...

And heard back again from the source:

Near the Boeson Station in DoUngduchon area at Camp Casey

Apparently that was an advance crew....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #453 on: June 10, 2010, 10:15:59 AM »
An advance crew? Does that mean a crew that comes to set up the challenges or does it mean an "advanced" crew? ???
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #454 on: June 10, 2010, 01:18:54 PM »
An advance crew? Does that mean a crew that comes to set up the challenges or does it mean an "advanced" crew? ???

The source believes that since it is a millitary base, that they were required to have a "rehersal". Real event not happening this week.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #455 on: June 10, 2010, 02:16:10 PM »

This was a facebook post (name withheld for privacy)approx. 7 hours ago:

reality show american amazing race di departure hall airport oman wawancara ama peserta nya selama 5menit .... uda gitu pake hrs sign jg lg....lumayan wajah msk acara tv negara paman sam .... hehehe ( katrok abiesss )

google translation:  overnight shooting taxable american reality show Amazing Race in Oman's airport departure hall during his interview participants 5menit ama .... uda pake hrs so sign jg lg inbox .... pretty face tv shows uncle sam country 

follow up post indicates contestants were looking for flight to bangladesh (also from google translation) :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #456 on: June 10, 2010, 02:38:32 PM »
I sure hope someone can translate this!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #457 on: June 10, 2010, 04:58:25 PM »
reality show american amazing race di departure hall airport oman wawancara ama peserta nya selama 5menit .... uda gitu pake hrs sign jg lg....lumayan wajah msk acara tv negara paman sam .... hehehe ( katrok abiesss )

Looks like Bahasa Melayu... I'll ask my friend for help, but in the meantime:
wawancara = interview
peserta = participant
selama 5 menit = for 5 minutes
lg = lagi? = more
lumayan = more than enough
wajah = face
msk = masuk? = enter
acara = programme
negara paman sam = Uncle Sam's country = USA

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #458 on: June 10, 2010, 05:14:50 PM »

google translation:  overnight shooting taxable american reality show Amazing Race in Oman's airport departure hall during his interview participants 5menit ama .... uda pake hrs so sign jg lg inbox .... pretty face tv shows uncle sam country  

follow up post indicates contestants were looking for flight to bangladesh (also from google translation) :duno:

ok I'm Indonesian so I'll translate: "Interview (he probably meant having a convo) for 5 minutes with the teams of the American reality show The Amazing Race in the departure hall of the Oman airport. Then I have to sign something (most likely the waiver). Not bad, I'll be on American tv". If you want, I can ask him additional details in Indonesian. PM me the name. Oh & I would need tips on what questions to ask aside from team colors & physical characteristics.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 05:22:20 PM by krabbe »

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #459 on: June 10, 2010, 05:28:05 PM »

google translation:  overnight shooting taxable american reality show Amazing Race in Oman's airport departure hall during his interview participants 5menit ama .... uda pake hrs so sign jg lg inbox .... pretty face tv shows uncle sam country  

ok I'm Indonesian so I'll translate: "Interview (he probably meant having a convo) for 5 minutes with the teams of the American reality show The Amazing Race in the departure hall of the Oman airport. Then I have to sign something (most likely the waiver). Not bad, I'll be on American tv". If you want, I can ask him additional details in Indonesian. PM me the name. Oh & I would need tips on what questions to ask aside from team colors & physical characteristics.

So Oman is either a leg or a tranist point?

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #460 on: June 10, 2010, 05:29:18 PM »

So Oman is either a leg or a tranist point?
Ooh, maybe that's the Middle East country's leg before heading for Bangladesh!  I hope so, because we haven't seen Oman since TAR9!  (Still remembering Fran & Barry's win with fondness.)

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #461 on: June 10, 2010, 05:41:41 PM »
Oman! this would be the 2nd time they visited the country in our race.  They visited countries that were visted once before and they return to them again.
TAR3/TAR16 (Singapore)
TAR13/TAR15 (Cambodia)
TAR3/TAR10 (Spain, Morocco)
TAR3/TAR14 (Switzerland)
TAR5/TAR15 (United Arab Emirates)
TAR5/TAR11 (Tanzania)
TAR5/TAR8 (Canada)

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #462 on: June 10, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
The guy in Oman just got back to me, he said he was talking to the turquoise team. He spotted a girl-girl team, but he wasn't sure whether it was the blue or the pink team, since they were far away.
He bumped into them 2 days ago, at nighttime.
Chad & Stephanie asked about the earliest flight to Bangladesh. They told him they're in a race & would lose if they can't get anything within 8 hours.
Anything else I should ask him about?

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #463 on: June 10, 2010, 06:25:06 PM »
Never know.  The girls could've been the green ones.

So Chad & Stephanie are still in.  Officially, she lasted longer than the last Stephanie.  Points for anyone who remembers who that was.

The girls in green are both blonde. He said he saw a girl-girl team, one dark haired, the other a blonde.
Oh.  Definitely either blue or pink, then.

Just hoping the green ones are still around, I guess.

Oh!  Ask if the dark-haired girl had short or long hair.  Short means it's the pink girls.  Long means it's the blue girls.

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #464 on: June 10, 2010, 07:41:57 PM »

So Chad & Stephanie are still in.  Officially, she lasted longer than the last Stephanie.  Points for anyone who remembers who that was.

Season 13.  Anthony and Stephanie.  2nd team eliminated.  I liked them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #465 on: June 10, 2010, 10:30:46 PM »
From Facebook: (name) So yesterday I got to be apart of the amazing race and give one of the teams a ride to there next stop.

Update:

(name) So yesterday I got to be apart of the amazing race and give one of the teams a ride to there next stop.
9 hours ago via Facebook for iPhone ·
6 hours ago  we were driving down pacific and my girl wanted a drink so i pulled over and they were standing at a bus stop they asked us where the olympic statue is that is at english bay. so we offered them a ride. hopefully they won!!!!!
about an hour ago  no it was the canadian one. i wish!!!!!

have no idea what he means...but not us anyway.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #466 on: June 10, 2010, 10:59:06 PM »

Oh!  Ask if the dark-haired girl had short or long hair.  Short means it's the pink girls.  Long means it's the blue girls.

Not short hair...just tucked back.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline peony

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #467 on: June 10, 2010, 11:20:25 PM »
This was on Facebook an hour ago:

So, guess ill be in the next Amazing Race. Teams coming threw on Monday

the Amazing Race, the TV show. teams are comin threw CP Casey to a Tae Kwon Do demonstration were they will get their next clue. ill be in the ranks of the TKD formation

The guy who posted this seems to be in the military, based in S Korea.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #468 on: June 10, 2010, 11:21:51 PM »
From Facebook: (name) So yesterday I got to be apart of the amazing race and give one of the teams a ride to there next stop.

Update:

(name) So yesterday I got to be apart of the amazing race and give one of the teams a ride to there next stop.
9 hours ago via Facebook for iPhone ·
6 hours ago  we were driving down pacific and my girl wanted a drink so i pulled over and they were standing at a bus stop they asked us where the olympic statue is that is at english bay. so we offered them a ride. hopefully they won!!!!!
about an hour ago  no it was the canadian one. i wish!!!!!

have no idea what he means...but not us anyway.

There's an English Bay in Vancouver, BC. It's probably some local Vancouver Amazing Race.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #469 on: June 10, 2010, 11:27:05 PM »

the Amazing Race, the TV show. teams are comin threw CP Casey to a Tae Kwon Do demonstration were they will get their next clue. ill be in the ranks of the TKD formation

I just sent him a message a minute ago, hopefully he will tell me if it's our race or TARA4!

Offline peony

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #470 on: June 10, 2010, 11:36:36 PM »

I just sent him a message a minute ago, hopefully he will tell me if it's our race or TARA4!

Here's another one from FB just a few moments ago:

Just found out this Tae Kwon Do **** is for a segment on "The Amazing Race" and got cleared by SFC Pirtle to be in the film shoot Monday

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #471 on: June 10, 2010, 11:47:31 PM »
everyone...please don't everyone rush to message these FB/Twitter posters. Rest assured it is already being done, and I hate to think we are deluging them with the same requests. Thanks.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #472 on: June 11, 2010, 12:19:54 AM »

There are no direct flight to Dhaka on June 8, but a number of 1 stop flights with Emirates, Gulfair, Qatar, Oman and JetAirways

The flight takes a minimum of 7 to 8 hrs.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:35:10 AM by Mrs Shrek »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #473 on: June 11, 2010, 12:45:45 AM »

google translation:  overnight shooting taxable american reality show Amazing Race in Oman's airport departure hall during his interview participants 5menit ama .... uda pake hrs so sign jg lg inbox .... pretty face tv shows uncle sam country 

Thanks caper and krabbe!! Good job!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #474 on: June 11, 2010, 12:51:17 AM »
Yet another facebook post from the last few minutes:

amazing race the tv show is coming through my army post monday. dannng lol. I cant wait to watch it on tv

The guy is in the US Army. Don't know if he's in South Korea or not. Seems likely though.