Author Topic: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*  (Read 420835 times)

Offline hallai

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*
« Reply #425 on: June 07, 2010, 01:30:47 AM »
Just found this on FB:

So, two of my friends are in Russia and they see the contestants competing in The Amazing Race - how cool is that???
4 hours ago

Seems to be a reliable source. Should I ask the source or redirect to one of the detectives here? ;)

EDIT: Sent a message. Waiting for replies.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 01:44:03 AM by hallai »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #426 on: June 07, 2010, 05:24:11 PM »
Thanks!! :hearts:

In reply:

two seperate ones told me - one said that she was in St. Petersburg and saw a couple (one girl with long blonde hair and a guy) running with a clue in their hand and camera crews following them and another friend saw a couple at St. Isaac's Cathedral getting a clue.

Will forward on some pics for comparison!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #427 on: June 07, 2010, 05:27:25 PM »
Sounds like the purple couple was seen.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #428 on: June 07, 2010, 06:28:31 PM »
Could be yellow too though, need to withhold calling it until we get confirmation.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #429 on: June 07, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »
Could be yellow too though, need to withhold calling it until we get confirmation.
I understand, though I posted the could-be F7 (assuming this is the F7 and at least one NEL popped up by now, as it'd otherwise be the F6) on a different thread to be either confirmed or debunked by you later, Peach, when more info comes in.

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #430 on: June 09, 2010, 02:37:26 AM »
found this in FB

" Awesome day! the Amazing race went through here today! pretty cool"

apparently this guy is in Dongducheon, Korea... dont know if it's TAR or TARA or neither

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #431 on: June 09, 2010, 03:07:55 AM »
found this in FB

apparently this guy is in Dongducheon, Korea... dont know if it's TAR or TARA or neither

Good work! It sounds more like TARA to me. I'd guess that it's too soon for TAR to be in Korea.

Plaidmoon

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: June 09, 2010, 03:13:17 AM »
I guess TARA.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #433 on: June 09, 2010, 03:22:20 AM »
found this in FB

Good work! It sounds more like TARA to me. I'd guess that it's too soon for TAR to be in Korea.

Plaidmoon

I wouldn't rule it completely out being TAR yet. Just for example there is a flight leaving St Petersburg at 7:30 on Jun 7 (a couple of hours after teams were spotted at the airport) to Paris which connects with a flight to Seoul landing at around 7am local time on Jun 8, so it is logistically possible.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #434 on: June 09, 2010, 03:35:18 AM »
I wouldn't rule it completely out being TAR yet. Just for example there is a flight leaving St Petersburg at 7:30 on Jun 7 (a couple of hours after teams were spotted at the airport) to Paris which connects with a flight to Seoul landing at around 7am local time on Jun 8, so it is logistically possible.

But this city is so closer to north korea.Maybe I just think so much.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #435 on: June 09, 2010, 03:38:32 AM »
found this in FB

Plaidmoon

But that would mean Asia for the rest of the eliminations.  I'm not sure they'd head to Asia so early.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #436 on: June 09, 2010, 03:48:34 AM »
This is all true. I'm not saying they have gone there, but just pointing out that it is technically possible.

I had reason to believe that the next leg after St Petersburg would quite possibly involve a "long haul flight", and have been researching for the past few hours a number of various possibilities from all the major European hubs. This was just one of them.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #437 on: June 09, 2010, 03:57:05 AM »
found this in FB

Plaidmoon

But that would mean Asia for the rest of the eliminations.  I'm not sure they'd head to Asia so early.

That was part of my reasoning. They have too many legs left to be in Korea already unless we have several legs coming up in Asia or a stop or two in the Pacific Islands. I'll agree that it is logistically possible to be TAR.

A little research in Wikipedia shows Dongducheon to be a relatively new city with not much historical impact that's mainly known for having several US military bases nearby, a maple festival and one of the biggest rock festivals in South Korea. Unless TAR has something going with the US Army, I can't see much reason to go there. They've already done the trip to the North Korean border in an earlier season. However, I do recall finding a story around last Christmas during the TAR 16 taping from a US military paper (the name escapes me) that talked about things to look for in 2010. It hinted (among many other things) that US Marines would appear on TAR during 2010. Maybe this is related to that. 

It would interesting to see information about the Facebooker. Dongducheon has 10 high schools, 15 middle schools and 38 elementary schools. Also one university. If the guy posting it is young, it could easily be some local school version of TAR.

Plaidmoon

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #438 on: June 09, 2010, 04:04:43 AM »

It would interesting to see information about the Facebooker. Dongducheon has 10 high schools, 15 middle schools and 38 elementary schools. Also one university. If the guy posting it is young, it could easily be some local school version of TAR.

Plaidmoon

It looks like he is a married American who only arrives in ROK a few days ago. Unless guacamole has been in contact with the poster, I believe he is assuming the sighting might have been in Dongducheon from an earlier reference to it in a status posted 18 hours ago.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #439 on: June 09, 2010, 05:48:08 AM »
GREAT lead everyone!  This could very well be TAR, but cannot rule out TARA...

:jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #440 on: June 09, 2010, 06:49:25 AM »
GREAT lead everyone!  This could very well be TAR, but cannot rule out TARA...

:jumpy:
Asia's version couldn't possibly go right from Malaysia to Korea, could it?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #441 on: June 09, 2010, 06:51:38 AM »
Of course they could.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #442 on: June 09, 2010, 11:48:37 AM »
Just a reminder that TAR 4 went to South Korea, and one task took teams extremely close to the Korean DMZ.

I could see a flight from St, Petersburg to Seoul and then have the Race head south towards Oceania and still have room for a jaunt across the south Pacific to Latin America.

[Sorry for all the typos.  That's what happens with me when I type before I've even had a first cup of coffee.]

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:08:40 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #443 on: June 09, 2010, 11:58:32 AM »
I am pretty sure they could very well be in Korea although this may be pure speculation. Remembered how half of us predicted them to start near Korea for TAR 17?

This is completely speculation, but the only country i could foresee TAR 17 definitely visiting after Korea would be The Phillippines. And it is possible for TAR 17 to travel to Korea if they do 1 leg in Korea, 2 legs in Phillipines, 2 legs in another country further down Southeast Asia (Indonesia, anyone?).. and if they have time, they can even cross continent to Australia and New Zealand. Seems like a pretty good route, to have Asia stuck in the middle of the season instead of the start and the beginning like what we have for the past many seasons.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #444 on: June 09, 2010, 02:00:39 PM »
found this in FB

I checked facebook and there is no post, twitter doesn't have anything either!   :duno:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #445 on: June 09, 2010, 02:11:59 PM »
found this in FB

I checked facebook and there is no post, twitter doesn't have anything either!   :duno:
Its there - just hard to find. ???
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #446 on: June 09, 2010, 02:40:39 PM »
Hey, i haven't been in contact with the poster, but I sent the link to peach, and decided to leave to the experts.

What I was thinking is that it is not a coincidence that we have 3 races going on all at once. I mean think about it, TAR goes to Asia while TARA is going on, and then it could cross to Latin America while TARLA is going on. Besides apparently TARLA started in Mexico and it's making its way down. So it could be very easy to confuse the races with each other in both cases. Just my two cents.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #447 on: June 09, 2010, 06:48:45 PM »
Okay...if TARA 4 has not yet started (possibly)...then this sighting would have to be TAR 17.

I like the idea of this being the Marine involvement! :hearts:

So apprently they may be here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Casey,_South_Korea

awaiting more info...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mariamindy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I'm batman!!!
« Reply #448 on: June 09, 2010, 07:08:44 PM »
Hey, i haven't been in contact with the poster, but I sent the link to peach, and decided to leave to the experts.

What I was thinking is that it is not a coincidence that we have 3 races going on all at once. I mean think about it, TAR goes to Asia while TARA is going on, and then it could cross to Latin America while TARLA is going on. Besides apparently TARLA started in Mexico and it's making its way down. So it could be very easy to confuse the races with each other in both cases. Just my two cents.

I wouldn't worry about TARLA, they can't go out of North-Central-South America (visa issues), so they can be discarded from any other continent sighting.
mm!

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #449 on: June 09, 2010, 09:28:49 PM »
Okay...if TARA 4 has not yet started (possibly)...then this sighting would have to be TAR 17.

I like the idea of this being the Marine involvement! :hearts:

So apprently they may be here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Casey,_South_Korea

awaiting more info...

That's a big jump and does open the possibility of Oceania.