Author Topic: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*  (Read 420884 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*
« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2010, 12:12:04 PM »
Sorry if this is duplicate info -- I have been away for a couple days and will be away again shortly, so I haven't gotten a good read-thru of the threads. But here is ababuo12's twitpic compared with another shot from Kakum National Park in Ghana. The twitpic (first pic below) is definitely from Kakum -- the question is whether ababuo12 really took it or not.

Well, if ababuo12 did take the picture - it was taken on 2009-05-03 03:42:33-04:00
Hmmm, more evidence the tweets are fake...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #351 on: June 03, 2010, 12:40:27 PM »
More re Italy in response to Q's:

June 2, mostly around 4 o'clock. I could not see how the teams arrived because i was by the actual grotto not at the dock where their boats left from. They didnt stay in the cave for more then 10 minutes im assuming they just had to go in and get their clue. Although one team member did come out wet for each team. No im sorry i do not have any pictures but there was media around so i could check local newspapers if you would like? Nope i do not mind you sharing the info im happy to help! It was my dream to go on this show.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #352 on: June 03, 2010, 03:54:06 PM »
More re Italy in response to Q's:

June 2, mostly around 4 o'clock. I could not see how the teams arrived because i was by the actual grotto not at the dock where their boats left from. They didnt stay in the cave for more then 10 minutes im assuming they just had to go in and get their clue. Although one team member did come out wet for each team. No im sorry i do not have any pictures but there was media around so i could check local newspapers if you would like? Nope i do not mind you sharing the info im happy to help! It was my dream to go on this show.

So if this is real, did they fly into Rome or Naples?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #353 on: June 04, 2010, 03:07:31 AM »
The teams were spotted in the airport in Accra on May 31.
Have asked for more information... please don't overwhelm them with requests!

More info:

PS)  Someone had asked some questions about the "Amazing Race" that was being filmed while we were in Accra, Ghana.  The plane left about 9:55pm on May 31st.  They were on the same flight as us to Frankfurt, Germany.  We did not take any pictures.  There were about 10 (?) teams each with their own camera team.  They were the first group of people off of the plane when we landed in Germany...and had to clear customs the same as everyone else.  It was interesting to see how everyone got along. While we were checking in, there was one team trying to get onto the plane and it seemed they were purposely making it difficult for them.  Honestly, I felt because they were doing the show they acted like they should get preferential treatment over and above the other passengers on the plane.  To the point where some times they were rude and inconsiderate.  So all in all it was an eye opening experience to watch the progression over the night.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #354 on: June 04, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »

I just got a nice reply to my list of questions: (From the poster who said that teams were at the Blue Grotto)

Yes I speak English! I am originally from America and have lived there for most of my life. I went for my last two years of college in Rome and have been living in Italy ever since. Me and my family used to watch Amazing Race all the time. They still do but it does not air here i do not think. The last season i saw was with Charla and Mirna on All Stars. Anyway It is hard to explain exactly where I was. I do not know if you are familiar to it but there are large walking paths overlooking the blue grotto that many people enjoy going to around lunchtime. http://www.capri.net/en/s/la-grotta-azzurra

There you can sort of see what I mean. I knew it was the amazing race because I could clearly see the amazing race flag over the entrance to the grotto where teams entered and exited. The teams came sporadically. I couldn't stay for much of it only about an hour because I had to return to work. Couldnt make out faces really but i definitely say 2 all girl teams. One male female team and I (think) an asian team but I cant be sure. The time was around 3-4:30 p.m (Capri Time). Also each team had a sound and camera man with them. Hope i helped! If you want to know anything else you can message me! Also at first i didnt think they were going to be able to go into the cave because tourists were just being brought by it and not in, but i guess that shut it down for the race?

She has been looking for some further info for us, and she was able to find a report in the local newspaper 
It was in the a small newspaper called Anacapri Locale
and translated it for us as well:

The American reality show The Amazing Race filmed here in Capri on June 2, 2010. The Amazing Race has teams race around the world, the last place team get eliminated in each country. The Winner receives a million dollars. 8 teams were first seen at Monte Solaro. The teams also went to Punta Carena Villa Damecuta and the blue grotto. The teams drove in Fiat cars. The race finished at Marina Grande.

After reviewing all of the team photos, she feels that she saw Team Pink, Team Lime-green, and the Wu's. She may have seen Team Turquoise as well, but cannot be sure.

The pink team and the lime green team i definitely saw. The other two (F/F teams--peach)  i do not think so.

Of the M/F teams:
Team Turquoise is the only one i saw i think 
Team Turquoise was not wearing the same clothes though, so not 100% but im pretty sure it was them
The boy was in a light blue bathing suit and had no shirt on as he came out wet! but i dont remember what the girl was wearing!

Of the M/M teams:
Yup! That is the asian team I saw! Kevin Wu and father

Many thanks for all the information!! 
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #355 on: June 04, 2010, 10:43:02 PM »
Following Milanissimo's doubts on the Italian prowess of the poster, I decided to run the article through a translator...

Questa stagione sarà monstrata negli Stati Uniti in Caduta 2010.
The season will be shown in the United States in Fall 2010.

Caduta means fall. As in to fall down. Not autumn. (Milanissimo, could you verify this?)

P.S. This may not mean anything either way, but I couldn't find anything about Elia Petrizzo or the Anacapri Locale.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:46:32 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #356 on: June 04, 2010, 10:52:45 PM »
My Italian is rudimentary....and I am very aware that all spoilers need to sadly be viewed with suspicion.

But I translated this all earlier, and got this? Is there no leeway? ???

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:46:32 PM by TexasLady »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #357 on: June 04, 2010, 10:55:08 PM »
Following Milanissimo's doubts on the Italian prowess of the poster, I decided to run the article through a translator...

Caduta means fall. As in to fall down. Not autumn. (Milanissimo, could you verify this?)

P.S. This may not mean anything either way, but I couldn't find anything about Elia Petrizzo or the Anacapri Locale.

Is it coincidental that the source didn't translate the last sentence of the story? ???

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #358 on: June 04, 2010, 10:55:24 PM »
But I translated this all earlier, and got this? Is there no leeway?

No, I believe it's over.

caˡduta noun, feminine
fall; fig downfall.
caduta dei capelli - hair loss.
caduta libera - freefall.
caduta massi - rockfall; (avviso) falling rocks

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #359 on: June 04, 2010, 11:00:31 PM »
My Italian is rudimentary....and I am very aware that all spoilers need to sadly be viewed with suspicion.

But I translated this all earlier, and got this? Is there no leeway? ???

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: You can't use an online translator; they're not perfect!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #360 on: June 04, 2010, 11:04:58 PM »
It's primavera, estate, autunno and inverno, right?
What bothers me are the Fiats; I very much doubt the producers would let the teams self-drive on Capri.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #361 on: June 04, 2010, 11:05:46 PM »
What bothers me are the Fiats; I very much doubt the producers would let the teams self-drive on Capri.

Doesn't the race use Mercedes anyway? ???

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #362 on: June 04, 2010, 11:06:45 PM »
That's assuming this Capri thing is real.  I see Neobie and peach being suspicious on the "fall/Caduta" thing.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #363 on: June 04, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »
Tsk, tsk. The quality of the hoaxes this season is terrible. Asuncion had me going for a while, and I was actually getting excited about Masada!

How many have we beat down already? Vancouver? Salisbury? Luxembourg? Sao Tome? Kakum? Cairo? Rome? What is the world coming to? I know it's a lot of work for the mods, but could I suggest a separate dumpster thread where we could shift all posts related to spoilers proven false? I wouldn't mind helping listing the posts...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #364 on: June 04, 2010, 11:28:14 PM »
No to moving one more thing :lol:

They can just live here with a strikeout thru them.

Sigh...oh for our lost innocence.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #365 on: June 04, 2010, 11:35:09 PM »
Tsk, tsk. The quality of the hoaxes this season is terrible. Asuncion had me going for a while, and I was actually getting excited about Masada!

How many have we beat down already? Vancouver? Salisbury? Luxembourg? Sao Tome? Kakum? Cairo? Rome? What is the world coming to? I know it's a lot of work for the mods, but could I suggest a separate dumpster thread where we could shift all posts related to spoilers proven false? I wouldn't mind helping listing the posts...

Was Stockholm ever ruled out? And we are assuming Frankfurt is legit?

Finding out one leg in UK and two legs in Accra is pretty good!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #366 on: June 05, 2010, 06:15:45 AM »
Now I'm confused which spoilers are real, and fake. :lol: Okay, I'll keep out of this board then. :groan:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #367 on: June 05, 2010, 06:16:34 AM »
I confirmed again that  it's a fake .....the "article"is totally disconnected(no sense),some words don't exsist ,it 's  impossible that's is a real newspaper 's article,she uses again a bad traslation..

I repeat ..it's a  fake...i search in some blog,(ask to my friend) and i'm totally sure ..that amazing race don't came in capri..

she is joe mally...
SHE MAKES LAUGH OF US

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #368 on: June 05, 2010, 06:17:15 AM »
Now I'm confused which spoilers are real, and fake. :lol: Okay, I'll keep out of this board then. :groan:

FAKE... :tup:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #369 on: June 05, 2010, 06:20:41 AM »
And those China sightings on the internet!!! What with Aussie accents, British lady, African Warriors (?). I thought only American citizens are allowed?

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #370 on: June 05, 2010, 06:24:33 AM »

Anacapri Locale does't exsist ...and caduta means fall down  not autumn ,that's autunno(i repeat she uses a bad translation)
but there are a lot of mistakes like this.
so....
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 07:41:49 AM by milanissimo »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #371 on: June 05, 2010, 07:33:41 AM »
And those China sightings on the internet!!! What with Aussie accents, British lady, African Warriors (?). I thought only American citizens are allowed?

Please. This is Amazing Race. Not Amazing Race China Rush. Let us help the mods to put our right comments in the right boards.

Thanks. :res:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #372 on: June 05, 2010, 07:44:09 AM »

Please. This is Amazing Race. Not Amazing Race China Rush. Let us help the mods to put our right comments in the right boards.

Thanks. :res:

Fortunately, China Rush is finished running, so we should stop seeing those sightings. At least, I saw a tweet yesterday from a China Rush contestant that said it was good to be back home in Melbourne.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #373 on: June 05, 2010, 07:48:05 AM »
Was Stockholm ever ruled out? And we are assuming Frankfurt is legit?

Now I'm confused which spoilers are real, and fake. :lol: Okay, I'll keep out of this board then.

A quick recap of what I believe to be legit or not...

Spoiler
Status
Evidence
Seattle/Vancouver
Fake
Wrong timing
Gloucester/Boston
Legit
Video/photo evidence
Stonehenge
Legit
Angels