Author Topic: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*  (Read 420911 times)

Offline joeyhort

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »
Hi! i have family in salisbury, i have been reading some of the posts and to first answer a couple of the questions, it says, from "web" when i twittered because i was on my ipad, an ipad is a portable computer that uses wifi, and i would go through the ipad browser, my blackberry twitter was not working so well, it was very delayed anyway my next post il put in details everything i saw, also does anybody usually no how long pit stops are? because i will go there tomorrow to see where they are headed next! but right now i will post what i saw today

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2010, 03:41:40 PM »
Hi! i have family in salisbury, i have been reading some of the posts and to first answer a couple of the questions, it says, from "web" when i twittered because i was on my ipad, an ipad is a portable computer that uses wifi, and i would go through the ipad browser, my blackberry twitter was not working so well, it was very delayed anyway my next post il put in details everything i saw, also does anybody usually no how long pit stops are? because i will go there tomorrow to see where they are headed next! but right now i will post what i saw today
Typically, they're twelve, eighteen, twenty-four, or thirty-six hours long.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2010, 03:44:48 PM »
Typically, they're twelve, eighteen, twenty-four, or thirty-six hours long.

Well, they used to be. These days they're however long production wants to make them.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2010, 04:05:33 PM »
Isn't leg 1 always a 12 hour pit stop though? I guess to get the racers used to the pace of the race.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2010, 04:50:27 PM »
So let me get this straight.  The first leg's already over?  The ten surviving teams are at the Pit Stop now, and the first team's been eliminated and probably being shipped off to Elimination Station as we speak?

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #180 on: May 27, 2010, 04:54:16 PM »
The ten surviving teams are at the Pit Stop now, and the first team's been eliminated and probably being shipped off to Elimination Station as we speak?

Yep, and hopefully Joey can give us a clue as to who that unfortunate first team is.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2010, 04:55:42 PM »
and possibly to where they are heading next if he can get there 12 hours from now!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2010, 04:57:15 PM »
Follow those cars!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline joeyhort

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2010, 04:57:24 PM »
Okay so teams arrived at the airport this morning on two flights. They were stopped at the airport for about 3 hours i was told, not sure why. teams were released in order they arrived. If i remember correctly, 3 teams left the airport first, the the following 8 teams about a half hour latter. A m/m asian team asked me how to get to stonehenge. Living right in salisbury i directed them there and allowed them to follow me, about an hour and 15 minute drive. Team were split up when i got their. It looked like they were doing two separate challenges, my wife a huge fan of the show said it was a detour. One challenge was very physical, it involved moving stony pieces and assembling a statue using a ropes and levy system (looked very hard). The other was a large puzzle it looked like involving the monument, and what appeared to be a sun dial. while i was there, two teams switched from the puzzle to the stone, and one team switched from the stone to the puzzle. The first team complete was a f/f team. After about 15 minutes 2 more teams finished. One was a older couple who asked me to direct them to Stourhead lake, i offered to let them follow me. When they got their i am assuming they had to search the HUGE grounds for their clue. i am not sure if their was a challenge because it took them a while. A few more teams showed up and the placement of teams that changed from arriving to leaving was different. 4th out was the older couple and then they asked me if i knew where Salisbury Cathedral was. I took them their. This is were one team member sat out. I am not exactly sure what they were doing in their but whatever it was it took a while. Teams were in the about 40 minutes. One female came out crying explaining to her partner that it was too hard, but she went back in to complete it. I beleive it had something to do with a bell because whenever the bell would chime a team member would come running out. The first two teams out were a f/f pink team and and a m/m orange team were out first and one of the guys said "that was the most challenging thing i have ever had to do in my life, and i went to med school". I followed the two teams to Fort Old Sarum, i could not get past the gate but i saw the two cars drive up the hill and run to what i believe to be the finish. They f/f had a little bit of a lead in the running because one of the males were slow. So i believe the f/f team came up first. While arriving a m/m team wearing green went in and about 5-10 minutes  came right back out look very pissed and returned from where they came from. 3 teams arrived in between then, and then that team arrived again. Then at the same exact time a m/m blue asian team and a m/f team came in and it was neck and neck until they went out of view. They were running when i last saw them literally right next to each other so i am not sure who came in last. But it was a very exciting day, i will have pictures up later. Does anybody no how to post them? also i am going to try and go back tomorrow to see where they are going next!

Offline joeyhort

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2010, 04:58:05 PM »
any questions il be happy to answer if i can!

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2010, 04:58:38 PM »
The ten surviving teams are at the Pit Stop now, and the first team's been eliminated and probably being shipped off to Elimination Station as we speak?

Yep, and hopefully Joey can give us a clue as to who that unfortunate first team is.
Oh, I do hope it's one of the coed teams, as it sounds like all three men's teams made it.  After seeing that the show's finally been brave enough to cast four women's teams, I'd rather one not go first (three of them sounded like they were in good positions, while the last wasn't mentioned).  Last time one did go out first was Gina & Sylvia in TAR3 -- fourteen seasons ago.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2010, 05:03:18 PM »
Okay so teams arrived at the airport this morning on two flights. They were stopped at the airport for about 3 hours i was told, not sure why. teams were released in order they arrived. If i remember correctly, 3 teams left the airport first, the the following 8 teams about a half hour latter. A m/m asian team asked me how to get to stonehenge. Living right in salisbury i directed them there and allowed them to follow me, about an hour and 15 minute drive. Team were split up when i got their. It looked like they were doing two separate challenges, my wife a huge fan of the show said it was a detour. One challenge was very physical, it involved moving stony pieces and assembling a statue using a ropes and levy system (looked very hard). The other was a large puzzle it looked like involving the monument, and what appeared to be a sun dial. while i was there, two teams switched from the puzzle to the stone, and one team switched from the stone to the puzzle. The first team complete was a f/f team. After about 15 minutes 2 more teams finished. One was a older couple who asked me to direct them to Stourhead lake, i offered to let them follow me. When they got their i am assuming they had to search the HUGE grounds for their clue. i am not sure if their was a challenge because it took them a while. A few more teams showed up and the placement of teams that changed from arriving to leaving was different. 4th out was the older couple and then they asked me if i knew where Salisbury Cathedral was. I took them their. This is were one team member sat out. I am not exactly sure what they were doing in their but whatever it was it took a while. Teams were in the about 40 minutes. One female came out crying explaining to her partner that it was too hard, but she went back in to complete it. I beleive it had something to do with a bell because whenever the bell would chime a team member would come running out. The first two teams out were a f/f pink team and and a m/m orange team were out first and one of the guys said "that was the most challenging thing i have ever had to do in my life, and i went to med school". I followed the two teams to Fort Old Sarum, i could not get past the gate but i saw the two cars drive up the hill and run to what i believe to be the finish. They f/f had a little bit of a lead in the running because one of the males were slow. So i believe the f/f team came up first. While arriving a m/m team wearing green went in and about 5-10 minutes  came right back out look very pissed and returned from where they came from. 3 teams arrived in between then, and then that team arrived again. Then at the same exact time a m/m blue asian team and a m/f team came in and it was neck and neck until they went out of view. They were running when i last saw them literally right next to each other so i am not sure who came in last. But it was a very exciting day, i will have pictures up later. Does anybody no how to post them? also i am going to try and go back tomorrow to see where they are going next!
Okay, but do you know what the team makeups were between the green alpha male team having to leave and come back?

And it sounds like a women's team won the first leg.  Unless they were just the first of the eight teams in the back to arrive.

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2010, 05:09:52 PM »
So with what Joey said, Kenny & Kevin could possibly be out first? Sort of a big spoiler if so.

Offline joeyhort

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »
Team Arrival Order

1) f/f wearing pink
2) m/m wearing orange
3)m/f in blue and black
4)f/f wearing green
5)f/f team wearing blue and black
6) m/f wearing Purple and White
7)m/f wearing yellow
8)f/f wearing redish
9)m/m wearing green
10)m/f wearing black
11)m/m wearing blue asian

The last two places can be flipped as i am not sure who came in last

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »
Joey, if you have an account on flickr, or any photosharing site, you can post pictures by pasting the url, then highlight the url, and press the image button (it's right below the Italic button in the preview screen).

Or you can go here to learn how to attach photos to a post: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,12375.0.html

Or - if you want, just email them to me at the address in my profile, and I'll get them up.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2010, 05:16:34 PM »
Your same M/M asian team?? There is only one asian team...

and what did  the M/F team look like?? What color were they wearing??

You can email them to me (address in my profile if you want and I will post them) or upload them somewhere like [banned image hosting site] or photobucket and use the IMG code. If you email me I can label them with RFF so they don't wander without permission.

Thanks again Joey, this was wonderful! Stourhead is a beautiful location! Wonder what they did there?

And can you describe the "older" couple?? There is a grey haired guy with a younger blonde female....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline joeyhort

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2010, 05:20:51 PM »
*older man i should have said but the younger blonde looked like early 30's, and i did not have a specific team while helping i helped muiltiple teams throughout

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2010, 05:21:23 PM »
Joey you're the best! :jumpy:

Thanks so much for being patient with us!  I'm sure there wll be lots of questions coming your way...

At this point, we can only identify  teams based on colors (of clothing) and gender makup, so if you could let us know what color teams did what that would be helpful.  For instance:  what color team came out crying from the Roadblock?  what color f/f team finished Stonehenge first? what color was the "older team" wearing? what color was the m/f team that arrived last and was in a footrace to the pitstop? and just to be clear  the m/m asian team that was also racing to not be last is the same team youi helped get to Stonehenge?

Thanks for helping us (and our Racers...I'm sure they appreciated your help enormously!

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2010, 05:22:49 PM »
BTW Joey, did you hear any names while being along with them?

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »
A detour and a roadblock in the same leg?
Astounding!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: May 27, 2010, 05:25:09 PM »
My questions were:

Can you go back in 12 hours?
Are there photos?
Can we have a team arrival list?

But it seems that we'll see photos soon enough and you've told us the team arrival...just can you go back in 12 hours?

I can't believe Kenny and Kevin might leave first! Exciting  :waves: :yess: :hugs:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline joeyhort

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2010, 05:34:47 PM »
sorry i cant really remember names that great, although im pretty sure that their was a laura, george or georgio (maybe)? and a brian those names stick out

f/f light green team came out crying
f/f pink finish detour first
the older male and younger female i was helping was wearing  yellow
the m/f that might have been last had tattoos and was wearing black

and correct it was the same asian team, looked like father and son, son look very young, perhaps not 20? they fell behind at the detour.

and yes when my wife returns from shopping with the blackberry i will upload pictures, and also i will be returning in 12 hours!

:boot:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:34:35 AM by TexasLady »

Offline joeyhort

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2010, 07:04:53 PM »
jen-na , and peach it had nothing to do with the race, my wife was twittering, related to our home in salisbury

Offline captjoe06

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Good Morning Gloucester
« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2010, 07:03:03 AM »
More to come.  

Here's some skinny on how they get to the start of the race.

http://goodmorninggloucester.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/cbs-amazing-race-more-insider-scoop-and-pics/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:06:32 AM by captjoe06 »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2010, 08:02:49 AM »
Thanks, Captain Joe!  :jumpy: