Author Topic: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*  (Read 420045 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*
« Reply #400 on: June 05, 2010, 10:58:12 PM »
These two are run on from http://twitter.com/FantasticHaKi

Does anyone recognise the language?
# @non_danti Ehehe... sorry... itu juga di ingetin @ichanichanichan  terserah kalian. Kalo mau sekarang Ga Race, kalo minggu depan Race.. :)     6 minutes ago  via web

@non_danti Ada d status FB HaKi smalem nOn. Kirain udah baca :D nxt wik Kalo mau Amazing Race. Kalo mau sekarang juga boleh, ga Race tapi... 13 minutes ago via web in reply to non_danti

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #401 on: June 05, 2010, 11:08:22 PM »

# @non_danti Ehehe... sorry... itu juga di ingetin @ichanichanichan  terserah kalian. Kalo mau sekarang Ga Race, kalo minggu depan Race.. :)     6 minutes ago  via web

@non_danti Ada d status FB HaKi smalem nOn. Kirain udah baca :D nxt wik Kalo mau Amazing Race. Kalo mau sekarang juga boleh, ga Race tapi... 13 minutes ago via web in reply to non_danti
It's an Indonesian in which that twitter account user lives in Indonesia and I do believe that he's talking about The Amazing Race Asia 4 and the race has just started and probably the 1st leg for that reality show is somewhere in his country.  Just a speculation. :duno:

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #402 on: June 06, 2010, 01:59:17 AM »
Glad to hear that "several" women's teams are still around!  Hopefully, all four, but if any are gone by now, my guess would be the red girls.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #403 on: June 06, 2010, 02:19:08 AM »

Yep, they're Indonesians. It's got nothing to do with any filming, though. I think they're doing a Race-like event or rewatching the seasons together (more likely).

Offline Obbyz

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #404 on: June 06, 2010, 07:14:22 AM »

It's an Indonesian in which that twitter account user lives in Indonesia and I do believe that he's talking about The Amazing Race Asia 4 and the race has just started and probably the 1st leg for that reality show is somewhere in his country.  Just a speculation. :duno:

I'm Indonesian and I can speak Indonesian, and they aren't talking about The Amazing Race Asia 4 and The Amazing Race

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #405 on: June 06, 2010, 12:12:41 PM »
The initial Stockholm Arlanda airport sighting on June 1 is CONFIRMED.  :hearts:

More coming later today.  :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #406 on: June 06, 2010, 12:17:44 PM »
The initial Stockholm Arlanda airport sighting on June 1 is CONFIRMED.  :hearts:

:yess:  You rock Peach!!! :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #407 on: June 06, 2010, 12:25:25 PM »

It was your find sweetie! I'm just the messenger! :bow: :bow: :bow:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #408 on: June 06, 2010, 02:44:05 PM »

It was your find sweetie! I'm just the messenger! :bow: :bow: :bow:
Could they've visited rural areas in Sweden like last season with France because of the low reports of sightings?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #409 on: June 06, 2010, 03:50:01 PM »
Just heard back from our person on the flight to St Petersburg with teams:

He says:

I am a very big fan of the show. What I can tell you is that they were on my flight to St. Petersburg. When I started to wonder about them at Arlanda airport, I approached one of the cameramen to ask what show it was. He was very vague and mysterious. He just said it was a travel show that he wasn't sure would make it on the air, implying it was a new show. I just left it at that.

There was obviously a cameraman for each team. One team of two girls was filmed close to where I was sitting. The cameraman asked them to comment on where they were going, their plan (strategy) once the arrived.

I know there was one father/daughter team, and several M/F and F/F teams. I don't know the makeup or number of teams, but there were likely 8-10 at this point.

I stood behind the father/daughter team at passport check upon arrival in St. Petersburg. The girl asked if I had a cell to borrow. I didn't. She arranged a ride on the phone, obviously having a number previously arranged. She was using her charm (attractive blonde), and her father was obviously fine with this.

I found it interesting watching the dynamic between the teams and their cameramen. In the Stockholm airport, I noticed the participants would get approval from their cameraman to leave the gate area. It seemed like approval ("we're going over there, is that alright"), though it may have just been more communication.

I am sending him some photos for comparison, hopefully he will be able to help?

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Hmm ... no male/male teams sighted?  Does that mean all of the male/male teams have been Philiminated?  That would be good -- we might have a female/female team win if there's at least two of them still around!

Belle Book

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #410 on: June 06, 2010, 05:20:24 PM »
Did he see the teams leave the St Peterburg Airport when they arrived or were they transiting to another flight??

[confused]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #411 on: June 06, 2010, 08:26:36 PM »
This info comes to us from the person who saw teams at Arlanda airport during her long layover on 6-1-10.

She initially sent this:
hi, don't get to excited, i did not see a whole lot. i heard an American woman yelling "keep breathing"and a lot of people running, so i turned around to see a couple with backpacks, two camera men and couple of guys with carts filled with stuff and headphones running behind them. they run to the quite side of Stockholm airport. After a while they ran back, thats when i snapped a picture. i can not email it now because it is on my cell phone which does not work in Europe. From what i gather, it was a young lady and a guy team. i did not see any other teams though. from all i know, it might have been something else as i actually did not see the AR colors, but figured who else are running around with backpacks and cameras?

And then today was able to send this photo as well as an update:
Here is the picture. they were running to the end of F terminal and back. there were no flights leaving from the F terminal. so running to it did not seam very reasonable at all. then they ran back from the
end of the terminal. i dont know where they ended up or where theywere going. this is all i have.

She was surprised to hear that she has captured not one but two teams!!  :hearts:

So we clearly have Jonathan and Connor...and a F/F team...perhaps the Lime Greens??

Please take any questions about the teams seen or discussion to SPECULATION please.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:33:53 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #412 on: June 06, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »
Also, some further information from the person who was on the flight Arlanda>>St Petersburg on June 5 with teams.

The flight is confirmed as SK 732 arr 133PM.

He said previously:
I stood behind the father/daughter team at passport check upon arrival in St. Petersburg. The girl asked if I had a cell to borrow. I didn't. She arranged a ride on the phone, obviously having a number previously arranged.

And he has looked over photos, and says:

I did see Kev Jumba and his dad. It was Miss Kentucky (Team Yellow) that asked to borrow my cell. She got one from Aksel Kolstad, a Norwegian concert pianist/comedian who was also on the flight.

And at the moment, that is all the info available.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #413 on: June 06, 2010, 08:57:44 PM »
She got one from Aksel Kolstad, a Norwegian concert pianist/comedian who was also on the flight.

Aksel Kolstad does have a concert in St Petersburg on 9 Jun, so at least that jives... He was in Oslo for a concert on 28 May.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 09:02:24 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #414 on: June 06, 2010, 09:02:59 PM »
There is NO doubt about this source...just saying.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #415 on: June 06, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
There is NO doubt about this source...just saying.

psst! peach! your inbox is full!  :lol:

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #416 on: June 06, 2010, 10:02:23 PM »
Found a new Facebook post (posted 2hrs ago) 6:00pm Pacific Time/5:00am St Petersburg, Russia Time

-JUST SAW THE AMAZING RACE BEING FILMED!!! Three teams ran into the Saint Petersburg Airport!! Now....technically when we asked the camera man, he smiled and said "I can't answer that." But Oh GLORIOUS DAY! And they might be on our flight!

They must have left St Petersburg!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:31:18 PM by mjriches2005 »

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #417 on: June 06, 2010, 10:10:35 PM »
Found a new tweet (posted 2hrs ago) 6:00pm Pacific Time/5:00am St Petersburg, Russia Time

-JUST SAW THE AMAZING RACE BEING FILMED!!! Three teams ran into the Saint Petersburg Airport!! Now....technically when we asked the camera man, he smiled and said "I can't answer that." But Oh GLORIOUS DAY! And they might be on our flight!

They must have left St Petersburg!
Quick!  Someone ask who was seen!

Meanwhile, what leg was Russia?  Leg four?  Five?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #418 on: June 06, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »

Thats my job, lol!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #419 on: June 06, 2010, 10:34:20 PM »

Thats my job, lol!!
Ooh, sorry!  Didn't mean to step on toes!

Sounds like Kenny & Kevin and Gary & Mallory made it there, though.  At least two of the women's teams.  And I think I saw either Connor or Jonathan in that picture.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #420 on: June 06, 2010, 10:38:01 PM »
so   mrjriches...

Want to PM me the link? Or are you pulling our legs? ??? No such tweet up to 6 hours ago that I can see.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #421 on: June 06, 2010, 11:11:19 PM »
so   mrjriches...

Want to PM me the link? Or are you pulling our legs? ??? No such tweet up to 6 hours ago that I can see.

I went back 12 hours and didn't see anything.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #422 on: June 06, 2010, 11:18:29 PM »
Okay...nvm, it is on Facebook...I just found it. :groan:

I am on it...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #423 on: June 06, 2010, 11:19:27 PM »
so   mrjriches...

It was on Facebook, not twitter.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #424 on: June 06, 2010, 11:22:08 PM »
so   mrjriches...

It was on Facebook, not twitter.

Yeah, we found it, but tweet = twitter, not facebook.