Author Topic: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*  (Read 420929 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*
« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2010, 04:24:28 AM »
More from our blogger who saw some of the teams at Heathrow May 28th:

oh ya im very sure the team Green was first cause they were behind me when i was heading up to the departure area(ie.left the ticket counter), and the rest of the teams were still at the counter:)
they then went up to the second level(whr the departure area is) to change some money, but i dont knw what currency..
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2010, 04:14:45 PM »
Now she says Rome via Alitalia.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »
I thought ababuo posted the national park sighting. Has that been confirmed?

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »
I thought ababuo posted the national park sighting. Has that been confirmed?

No not confirmed. We had a few independent sightings of Racers in Ghana including from ababuo, but no photos or concrete confirmation. Everything since the UK is still speculation at this stage, although Ghana seems likely.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2010, 08:49:01 PM »
Found the following on facebook search:

So what does one do sitting in Stockholm airport for 6 hours straight? One watches Amazing Race teams and camera man running around and screaming at each other. Pictures to follow. (posted 1/2 hour ago)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 08:56:43 PM by caper »

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2010, 08:59:49 PM »

"So what does one do sitting in Stockholm airport for 6 hours straight? One watches Amazing Race teams and camera man running around and screaming at each other. Pictures to follow." (posted 1/2 hour ago)

Somehow I doubt TAR would revisit Stockholm again so soon. At best it's most likely a transfer.

Another question: It's about 4:00 AM there! That guy needs to get some sleep ???

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2010, 10:19:34 PM »

"So what does one do sitting in Stockholm airport for 6 hours straight? One watches Amazing Race teams and camera man running around and screaming at each other. Pictures to follow." (posted 1/2 hour ago)

Somehow I doubt TAR would revisit Stockholm again so soon. At best it's most likely a transfer.

Another question: It's about 4:00 AM there! That guy needs to get some sleep ???

Possibly to somewhere in Eastern Europe, like Latvia.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:48:50 AM by mjriches2005 »

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2010, 10:35:53 PM »

http://www.arlanda.se/en/Information--services-to/Traveller-information/ArrivalsDepartures/International-departures/

List of flights leaving Stockholm starting at 6:00 AM local time (which I think is 12 midnight EST - 25 minutes from now).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #333 on: June 02, 2010, 04:34:56 AM »
Please discuss this in speculation, thanks. As we have asked MULTIPLE times, speculation should go in the other thread. This thread is STRICTLY for  live sightings or for tweets...

Discussion on those sightings /tweets should be in speculation.

Thanks guys...it is exhausting to move stuff, pretty soon it will just be deleted instead. :(
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:57:38 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #334 on: June 02, 2010, 09:16:45 AM »
The teams were spotted in the airport in Accra on May 31.
Have asked for more information... please don't overwhelm them with requests!
http://jacobsenjourneys.blogspot.com/2010/06/were-here.html
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #335 on: June 02, 2010, 12:07:05 PM »
Response from our Stockholm sighter:

hi, don't get to excited, i did not see a whole lot. i heard an American woman yelling "keep breathing"and a lot of people running, so i turned around to see a couple with backpacks, two camera men and couple of guys with carts filled with stuff and headphones running behind them. they run to the quite side of Stockholm airport. After a while they ran back, thats when i snapped a picture. i can not email it now because it is on my cell phone which does not work in Europe. From what i gather, it was a young lady and a guy team. i did not see any other teams though. from all i know, it might have been something else as i actually did not see the AR colors, but figured who else are running around with backpacks and cameras?

Have asked more Q's....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #336 on: June 02, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
Found a tweet posted 5 hrs ago

amazing race era alla Grotta Azzurra di oggi....

-translation-
Amazing Race was at the Blue Grotto today (italian)

Blue Grotto is on the island of Capri, near Naples.

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #337 on: June 02, 2010, 05:24:28 PM »

-translation-

I sent a message (in italian)to her..to understand....so wait..

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #338 on: June 02, 2010, 05:27:35 PM »

-translation-

Thanks>

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #339 on: June 02, 2010, 06:40:13 PM »

-translation-

Thanks>
Ooh, Capri?  Don't think we've gone there before.

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #340 on: June 02, 2010, 06:55:35 PM »

-translation-

Thanks>
Ooh, Capri?  Don't think we've gone there before.

I talk to the girl,and i'm sure that is a fake,fake facebook profile and she says to be italian,but she speaks a terrible italian(no-sense),probably she uses a translation.
maybe is the same  joe mally.....
She speaks of capri because  yesterday .we speak of italy and naples (:;) (:;)
sorry for the english

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2010, 07:30:05 PM »
This doesn't give any locations, but is of interest.  Posted by Phil 4 hours ago on Facebook (his thanks are because Monday was his birthday):

Thanks for all the messages ... I'm finally in a place where I can log online. I was working but it I certainly wont forget a very adventurous day!

arun1125

« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2010, 07:31:13 PM »
This doesn't give any locations, but is of interest.  Posted by Phil 4 hours ago on Facebook (his thanks are because Monday was his birthday):

Thanks for all the messages ... I'm finally in a place where I can log online. I was working but it I certainly wont forget a very adventurous day!

Cairo maybe?

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #343 on: June 02, 2010, 11:49:25 PM »
How would you know the Capri sighting is a fake.  Not all people have perfect accents, even if its a different language; so we can't just assume that the tweet is fake just because we were talking about Italy a couple days ago.  They could be telling the truth.  This false sighting thing and lying began when teams were in England.  Not all tweets and facebook posts are fake, we need to talk to these witnesses more and get their side of what they saw before we jump to accusing them of lying.

:groan:
 :nono2:

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #344 on: June 03, 2010, 06:58:14 AM »
How would you know the Capri sighting is a fake.  Not all people have perfect accents, even if its a different language; so we can't just assume that the tweet is fake just because we were talking about Italy a couple days ago.  They could be telling the truth.  This false sighting thing and lying began when teams were in England.  Not all tweets and facebook posts are fake, we need to talk to these witnesses more and get their side of what they saw before we jump to accusing them of lying.

I'm totally sure that is a fake :tup:

Offline mariamindy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I'm batman!!!
Re: The Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #345 on: June 03, 2010, 09:25:54 AM »
I'm assuming this is NOT our race, but putting it here just in case:

La gente de amazing race esta ahorita en el aeropuerto de PZO.
The people of this amazing race at the airport right now PZO

Llegando con la gente de discovery amazing race (@ Aeropuerto Intl. Manuel Carlos Piar)
Arriving with the people of discovery amazing race (@ Manuel Carlos Piar Airport Intl)

Me tome una foto gpn Harry el animador de amazing race, me dijeron que no podia publicarla.
I took a picture animator Harry GPN amazing race, they said they could not print.

not our race, its probally TARLA. Possibly filming their 2nd season.

That is absolutely true, I received info from a friend in SouthAmerica that TARLA just started its 2nd season so... be careful.
On the other hand, wow! they took BOTH races at the same time!?!?! they're trying to confuse the  RFF detectives!!!
mm!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #347 on: June 03, 2010, 09:52:10 AM »

Thanks graytex. He seemed to do quite a bit of posting about 14 hours ago... good to keep that in mind!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #348 on: June 03, 2010, 12:02:34 PM »
Sorry if this is duplicate info -- I have been away for a couple days and will be away again shortly, so I haven't gotten a good read-thru of the threads. But here is ababuo12's twitpic compared with another shot from Kakum National Park in Ghana. The twitpic (first pic below) is definitely from Kakum -- the question is whether ababuo12 really took it or not.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:14:02 PM by TexasLady »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #349 on: June 03, 2010, 12:09:15 PM »

I'm totally sure that is a fake :tup:

Not so fast.....

I just got a nice reply to my list of questions:

Yes I speak English! I am originally from America and have lived there for most of my life. I went for my last two years of college in Rome and have been living in Italy ever since. Me and my family used to watch Amazing Race all the time. They still do but it does not air here i do not think. The last season i saw was with Charla and Mirna on All Stars. Anyway It is hard to explain exactly where I was. I do not know if you are familiar to it but there are large walking paths overlooking the blue grotto that many people enjoy going to around lunchtime. http://www.capri.net/en/s/la-grotta-azzurra

There you can sort of see what I mean. I knew it was the amazing race because I could clearly see the amazing race flag over the entrance to the grotto where teams entered and exited. The teams came sporadically. I couldn't stay for much of it only about an hour because I had to return to work. Couldnt make out faces really but i definitely say 2 all girl teams. One male female team and I (think) an asian team but I cant be sure. The time was around 3-4:30 p.m (Capri Time). Also each team had a sound and camera man with them. Hope i helped! If you want to know anything else you can message me! Also at first i didnt think they were going to be able to go into the cave because tourists were just being brought by it and not in, but i guess that shut it down for the race?
RFF's Golden Rule: