Author Topic: The Amazing Race 17 Contestant Spoilers **summary in post 1**  (Read 274860 times)

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 17 Contestant Spoilers **summary in post 1**
« Reply #325 on: June 27, 2010, 04:36:54 PM »
Wow! Again great job! =D

What is their relationship? Sisters? Mother/Daughter? I can't seem to know. :lol:

The drastic age difference leads me to believe they are mother and daughter.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #326 on: June 27, 2010, 05:19:49 PM »
Wow! Again great job! =D

What is their relationship? Sisters? Mother/Daughter? I can't seem to know. :lol:

That's what I think too.  I think they're mother and daughter or maybe aunt and niece.

Belle Book

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: June 27, 2010, 06:36:11 PM »
Wow! Again great job! =D

That's what I think too.  I think they're mother and daughter or maybe aunt and niece.

Belle Book

hmm...*spec* how about step-mom/step-daughter. It says that Andie is a mother of a blended family so they could have the "we want some time to bond with each other" story, although they do resemble each other a lot.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #328 on: June 27, 2010, 09:19:24 PM »
Wow! Again great job! =D

I'm just glad to see a team that doesn't appear to have possibly been recruited.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #329 on: June 27, 2010, 10:14:26 PM »
Wow! Again great job! =D

I'm just glad to see a team that doesn't appear to have possibly been recruited.

Ditto. And it looks like a mother and daughter to me! :yess:

I noticed we have (nearly) all the all-male teams, and none of the all-women teams!! Let's change that:

Credit also goes to Milanissimo and Mrs. Shrek for independently identifying the team.

You may as well just post the rest of the teams now (and all the other stuff you have). We know you already have plenty of info.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #330 on: June 27, 2010, 10:48:52 PM »
Hooky...you are way out of line. Please stop this, it is getting quite old.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #331 on: June 27, 2010, 11:24:18 PM »
You may as well just post the rest of the teams now (and all the other stuff you have). We know you already have plenty of info.

I can't speak for any of the other detectives, but I've been searching the internet for weeks for clues about various teams, hitting multiple dead ends, and only finally figured out the red team about 12 hrs ago. Anyone can join in the searching game...it just takes time and effort, and a little bit of luck.
I messaged the links to my red team possibilities last night to Macaroons, who had come to the same conclusion via different methods, and the team was posted on the site this morning. We want to try and be sure we have the right people before publicly identifying them on the forum, but that's not exactly 'witholding info' imho :duno:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #332 on: June 27, 2010, 11:26:57 PM »
Hooky...you are way out of line. Please stop this, it is getting quite old.

:tup:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #333 on: June 28, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »

I can't speak for any of the other detectives, but I've been searching the internet for weeks for clues about various teams, hitting multiple dead ends, and only finally figured out the red team about 12 hrs ago. Anyone can join in the searching game...it just takes time and effort, and a little bit of luck.
I messaged the links to my red team possibilities last night to Macaroons, who had come to the same conclusion via different methods, and the team was posted on the site this morning. We want to try and be sure we have the right people before publicly identifying them on the forum, but that's not exactly 'witholding info' imho :duno:

:keeta:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #334 on: June 28, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »
Wow! Again great job! =D

Belle Book

hmm...*spec* how about step-mom/step-daughter. It says that Andie is a mother of a blended family so they could have the "we want some time to bond with each other" story, although they do resemble each other a lot.

If Andie's the mother of a blended family, yeah Jenna might be her step-daughter.

Belle Book

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #335 on: June 29, 2010, 11:02:10 AM »
She is a member of ZTA at UGA. And I believe she is 22.

(p.s. sorry if this info has already been posted)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:46:35 AM by kittygoesmeow »

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: June 29, 2010, 11:23:59 AM »
Her latest tweet is interesting in light of the possibility that she was recently in Ghana:

Proud of our #USA United States team, but Congrats #GHA Ghana, a country in much need of more happiness.

PS - no tweets between 5/18 and 6/21.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #337 on: June 29, 2010, 11:46:43 AM »
To protect the little privacy the racers will soon have, RFF asks that we not publish the links to the racers' own Facebooks or Twitters. Fan pages when they appear are of course fine, and if the racers choose to share their links later in interviews, that will be fine too.

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #338 on: June 30, 2010, 01:40:27 AM »
Whatever their relationship is, Andie and Jenna are not biologically mother and daughter. From a 2007 blog about Jenna's recruitment into the sorority she belongs to:

This year's Recruitment was especially exciting for me because Helen Kolp's* great-granddaughter, Ann Kolp Roche's* granddaughter, Missie Roche Sykes' daughter, and Mimi Roche Cotter's niece, Jennifer Ann (Jenna) Sykes from Niceville, Florida was one of the "Crown Girls."  I had Missie bring Jenna to Athens for Gamma Pi's Diamond Challenge in the spring, and she fit in like a bug in a rug - they loved her right away!!!  Good move, Mamas, if you have Potential New Members.  When the girls on the inside know you, you stand a much better chance - no matter how many references you have! 

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #339 on: June 30, 2010, 02:38:23 AM »
Weird.  Why do they look so damn similar, then?

AmazingDT

« Reply #340 on: June 30, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »
nvm

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #341 on: June 30, 2010, 06:27:30 PM »

That is an interesting point you bring up. I do recall that back in season 7 we had a team of roommates that could have been mistaken for identical twins! These two have to be related somehow, I just can't figure out exactly how.

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #342 on: June 30, 2010, 06:48:57 PM »

That is an interesting point you bring up. I do recall that back in season 7 we had a team of roommates that could have been mistaken for identical twins! These two have to be related somehow, I just can't figure out exactly how.

Half the female teams in any season look like sisters, they usually have the same hair color, body type and they dress alike. Ironically the women in actual related female teams (taking out the Julia's from S12 and the twins) looks nothing like each other  :lol:
I won't be surprised if the pink team will turn up to be sisters.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #343 on: June 30, 2010, 06:59:34 PM »

Half the female teams in any season look like sisters, they usually have the same hair color, body type and they dress alike. Ironically the women in actual related female teams (taking out the Julia's from S12 and the twins) looks nothing like each other  :lol:
I won't be surprised if the pink team will turn up to be sisters.

The only reason though that I think these two are related is because of their ages. I can't for the life of me see a woman in her 40s hanging out with one in her 20s unless they are related.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #344 on: July 01, 2010, 12:15:03 AM »
The only reason though that I think these two are related is because of their ages. I can't for the life of me see a woman in her 40s hanging out with one in her 20s unless they are related.

Coworkers?

Offline mariamindy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I'm batman!!!
« Reply #345 on: July 01, 2010, 01:48:45 PM »
Her latest tweet is interesting in light of the possibility that she was recently in Ghana:

Proud of our #USA United States team, but Congrats #GHA Ghana, a country in much need of more happiness.

PS - no tweets between 5/18 and 6/21.

I don't think this has anything to do with the race... it's just that US lost to Ghana in the world cup.
It has the same date of the match. I'd say, this is irrelevant.
mm!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2010, 02:14:05 PM »

Coworkers?

I'll do some digging on that one. It sounds plausable. My mother in her 50s is actually close to a few people at work that are in their 30s. Same age gap as Andi and Jenna.

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I make Amazing Race SIMS Version Videos!!
« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2010, 06:48:05 AM »
Hmm.. I've been monitoring kevjumba on twitter lately (because I have nothing better to do  :lol3: :lol3: Well, I do, I make The Amazing Race videos in The Sims Style  :lol: :lol: ) And He is Following The Amazing Race Twitter Profile..Well I know it's confirmed but I think this doubles it that he is on the race!  :jumpy: :jumpy: !! But, He is I guess 18-19 yrs.Old right? and The Youngest age is 21 right? (with the exception of Caite turning 21 in the season run) Does this mean like, CBS approached him? or he really did auditioned! Because It's kinda unfair if he didn't :'( :'(
"I heard you're dad went into a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they have to close the restaurant" -Ralph Wiggum

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #348 on: July 03, 2010, 07:09:26 PM »
Another all-girl team:

These are the limes!

RACHEL & KATIE. Friends/Volleyball Partners. From New Jersey.

RACHEL JOHNSTON. 24. Beach Volleyball Player/Model. Mount Laurel, NJ.
KATIE SEAMON. 24. Beach Volleyball Player/Asst. Volleyball Coach. Rahway, NJ.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #349 on: July 03, 2010, 07:29:59 PM »
Good job Macaroons!  :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.