Author Topic: The Amazing Race 17 Contestant Spoilers **summary in post 1**  (Read 275224 times)

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: The Amazing Race 17 Contestant Spoilers **summary in post 1**
« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2010, 04:46:33 PM »
TAR 5, considered one of the more popular seasons, had a bunch of stunt-casting (including 4 BQs). Who knows?

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #226 on: June 02, 2010, 04:48:50 PM »
I don't doubt that they make good competitors. Naturally, they are young and fit and used to some form of competition. I just don't like the lack of diversity in backgrounds and the (most-likely) recruiting that is going on...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 04:52:27 PM by Competitor »

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #227 on: June 02, 2010, 04:50:36 PM »
Well, we've had two NFL cheerleaders, a Miss America and a Miss Teen South Carolina all make the final three in recent seasons.  So maybe it's just that they make good competitors.

I don't doubt that they make good competitors. Naturally, they are young and fit and used to some form of competition. I just don't like the lack of diversity in backgrounds and the (most-likely) recruiting that is going on...
I doubt all of their pageant pasts will be revealed on-air, anyway.  Marsha from TAR5 was a pageant competitor, too, as was Christie, and I believe Alison was, too, and none of them mentioned it.  The only one who did was Nicole.

I think perhaps only Megan & Jennifer's pasts will be revealed since they're a team of beauty queens.

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #228 on: June 02, 2010, 04:52:03 PM »
Well, we've had two NFL cheerleaders, a Miss America and a Miss Teen South Carolina all make the final three in recent seasons.  So maybe it's just that they make good competitors.

I doubt all of their pageant pasts will be revealed on-air, anyway.  Marsha from TAR5 was a pageant competitor, too, as was Christie, and I believe Alison was, too, and none of them mentioned it.  The only one who did was Nicole.
TAR 5, considered one of the more popular seasons, had a bunch of stunt-casting (including 4 BQs). Who knows?

Good points by all. Production and casting gets paid the big bucks to make these decisions. Initially, I don't like it, but let's see how it all pans out.

Offline alittlebird

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #229 on: June 02, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »
Before anyone criticizes CBS employees by name, shouldn't we be 100% certain the contestant identifications are correct and there really are 4 former pageant contestants on this season?

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #230 on: June 02, 2010, 08:25:42 PM »
Before anyone criticizes CBS employees by name, shouldn't we be 100% certain the contestant identifications are correct and there really are 4 former pageant contestants on this season?

Yes. Let's put first things first. :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »
But to be fair, it isn't as if Lynn Spellman hasn't be criticized on this issue before.  (It's getting on 10 years actually.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline alittlebird

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2010, 10:32:47 PM »
Well, if you must (and you are sure you understand how casting works) at least spell her name right.

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2010, 11:20:45 PM »
So the lady I thought I recognized as a beauty pageant contestant is in a team of MRS beauty pageant queens. So its a mom/beauty queen team then isn't it.

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2010, 08:26:54 AM »
after seeing the 1st page, i think the lime green female team could be sisters, i may be wrong, both looked alike to me
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2010, 01:03:47 PM »
So the lady I thought I recognized as a beauty pageant contestant is in a team of MRS beauty pageant queens. So its a mom/beauty queen team then isn't it.

yes, I forgot to thank you for that tip! It was your comment that led me to them.

Offline AJHolden

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #236 on: June 03, 2010, 10:02:02 PM »
Miss Kentucky with judges.

(Modified to remove double image. Thanks for the find AJ!)  :bigwelcome
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:52:11 AM by TexasLady »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #237 on: June 03, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF AJ, and thanks! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kadilahopper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2010, 12:13:31 PM »
I am saddened to read on this forum that so far out of the 11 teams of TAR 17, 5  teams identified are related to the entertainment field.  I have nothing against beauty queens, web surfing, or theatre, it just seems so shallow of the casting department to be so biased.  40% are semi-celebs.  I hope the percentage doesn't increase as the remaining teams are identified.   :'(

Offline alittlebird

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2010, 12:36:11 PM »
I wouldn't worry.  Double-check the side-by-side height comparisons of the teams. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2010, 02:08:10 PM »
I wouldn't worry.  Double-check the side-by-side height comparisons of the teams. 

Okay, thank you very much.

We are taking another look at "Megan".

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2010, 03:14:42 PM »

Their faces are different to me and the height doesn't look the same either. Of course it could be the angle of the camera but I think you are on to something littlebird. Thanks for pointing it out.  :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2010, 04:51:25 PM »
Are we 100% on Mrs. Nebraska?  Mrs. Nebraska is 1/2 Chinese and that seems to fit, but she was at the Mrs. Colorado contest on May 13-15th, which seems to be cutting things very close for the pre-race preps.  And the more I look at her picture, the less she seems to fit.

Here is a close up of Mrs. Colorado during the pageant.  The smile is not as square, she has more "perfect" teeth, and doesn't have the dimples of our racer (who is, IMHO, cuter anyway).

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2010, 05:05:21 PM »
I thought it was a good match, but now I'm not so sure.  It's still pretty close.

PS - She looks totally different when she has her hair pulled back as in these two photos.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #244 on: June 04, 2010, 05:13:06 PM »
Thanks guys...we are double checking but it does appear that "megan" may be incorrect. More soon....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #245 on: June 04, 2010, 05:15:28 PM »
Are we 100% on Mrs. Nebraska?  Mrs. Nebraska is 1/2 Chinese and that seems to fit, but she was at the Mrs. Colorado contest on May 13-15th, which seems to be cutting things very close for the pre-race preps.  And the more I look at her picture, the less she seems to fit.

It is being re-examined and hopefully re-verified. There is some new potential evidence against it being her. But those dates do not conflict.

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #246 on: June 04, 2010, 07:41:37 PM »
At this point, due to some new evidence that has come up, we can't be absolutely certain that Megan and/or Jennifer are correct. There is still a possibility that either could be, but it is NOT confirmed. It is still being looked into.

Sincere apologies to anyone who has been misidentified on the board. We always try our best to make sure that information is reliable and concrete before it is posted. While the photographic similarities seemed strong in this case, there is always a chance for error until it comes from CBS.

Hopefully instances like this will be minimized/avoided in the future. Thanks for your understanding.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #247 on: June 04, 2010, 08:31:11 PM »
Thanks Mac!

RFF does pride itself on our reliability...but we are not infallible. We are truly sorry for any confusion this has caused, especially to the two women involved and their families. Thank you to those who worked with us on sorting this out as well, your help is greatly appreciated.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #248 on: June 04, 2010, 09:53:17 PM »
Wouldn't also be fair to point out that so far, we only have video/caps/i,ages from the boat rides to the start and one image of some  of the teams ar Heathrow?

Came angles, image quality, lighting, all can affect whay we see in different ways that sometimes the same person looks like two different people. Yhis is where information other than images is useful. such as the social networks and search rsults, right?

I have a concern that we're becoming too dependent on tweets, because there are still the possibility that local media (especially in languages other than English), and bloggers will be posting useful data that can help fill in the pictutr.
-- theschnauzers

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2010, 09:58:42 PM »
I find it a big coincidence that the pic of Jennifer & Megan (not racers) look similar to the racers. Go TAR Detectives!! Go!! :hearts: :hearts:
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html