Author Topic: TAR 17 Destinations/Locations/New Promo Videos  (Read 102799 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 Destinations/Locations/New Promo Videos
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2010, 06:56:47 PM »
ouch. But I LOLed at Brook for her "motivational" talk.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline mandk

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2010, 07:29:47 PM »
True its Funny :lol: but it sucks that it happened to my favorite team this season :(

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2010, 07:39:34 PM »
I'm sure Claire is just thrilled that they showed thast shot over...and over... and in slow motion!  :lol:
That really did look painful.  However, there was something about this clip that made me like this team, and I wasnt much of a fan before.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2010, 08:54:14 PM »
I counted 12 stations and maybe 3 (standing) suits of armor (it's hard to tell with the camera angles).
"You have to finish"=Roadblock?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2010, 09:16:42 PM »
I counted 12 stations and maybe 3 (standing) suits of armor (it's hard to tell with the camera angles).

*SPECULATION*
I kinda observed that Claire was kinda wet. Perhaps due to the water task that involves getting the knight's flag? Oh. Wait, near the Knight Costume was a flag. Maybe one team member (or both) get the flag from the water, put it beside the knight, and target the knight.
*SPECULATION*
Also, there is a pair of girls (maybe a team?) running away from them.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:28:40 AM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2010, 10:44:55 PM »
You have good eyes Cocoa!  :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2010, 12:40:45 AM »
I am going to present a hypothesis on how Melon-Backfire might have happened:

Claire is shown puling with all her force to get maximum torque on the slingshot. It it was aimed a bit low, not clearing one of the wooden support structures could cause such a result.

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2010, 03:11:49 AM »

*SPECULATION*
I kinda observed that Claire was kinda wet. Perhaps due to the water task that involves getting the knight's flag? Oh. Wait, near the Knight Costume was a flag. Maybe one team member (or both) get the flag from the water, put it beside the knight, and target the knight.
*SPECULATION*

Poor Claire  :'(

I think that both members have to retrieve the flag from the water. Brook's hair was kind of wet too. And the girls running away may be Nat and Kat.

Offline Acoustic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2010, 05:11:32 AM »

*SPECULATION*
*SPECULATION*

Poor Claire  :'(

I think that both members have to retrieve the flag from the water. Brook's hair was kind of wet too. And the girls running away may be Nat and Kat.
Couldn't it be a water related detour/general task instead of being part of this task.  we see in a promo(chad and stephanie i think) are both in some kind of lake??

If that's true it also means that this task is the one before the pitstop

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2010, 07:26:38 AM »
Here is the YouTube version in case:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
Screencaps!!

Q's: which team is seen leaving? I see a fallen knight. Could that be Michael Wu in caps 7, 8, 9 ?  Who goes to Claire first? cap 20, 21. Is it Mallory??

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2010, 09:50:09 AM »
could this be a detour: watermelon catapult or riding horses
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2010, 10:34:23 AM »
Thanks for the screencaps, peach!  It makes it so much easier for us mere mortals!   After studying them, here's my thoughts:
~The team running away appears to be Andi & Jenna.  
~ I dont think Brook & Claires hair looks particulary wet.  Sweaty maybe, but not as if they have been swimming in a lake, so I think this task is before the other one.
~I think this is a Roadblock. Just the way Claire was doing all the work, and Brook was doing nothing more that "vocally supporting" her makes me think that Brook could not help her.  I also think it could be a reason Brook didnt rush right to Claire when she got hit.  However....
~If this is a detour, could there be another task set up behind Brook?
~Most of the piles of watermelons look about the same size, and we only see one knight down (having been knocked over by Andi & Jenna now runing away?), so either Brook/Claire made it here before alot of other teams, or most teams chose the other detour.
~I think the baseballed cap head in caps 7,8 & 9 is a cameraman.
~I think the woman first to Claire (cap 20& 21) is also production.  At first, I thought it was one of the costumed characters, but with the screencaps, it looks less like a costume and more like a jacket tied around someones waist.  I dont think it's Mallory, because we dont see her in any of the other shots.  I think that if she was doing the task at the same time as Claire, we would have seen her in the wide shots.

But then again, what do I know? I'm still new at all this  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:04:52 AM by MamaT »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2010, 11:12:24 AM »
Oh man, that promo is like watching the Zapruder film - you just have to play it over and over...

EDIT: Ummm, I was wrong - see Neobies post in the episode thread for the correct location:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23310.msg564072.html#msg564072

I think I was correct about the knights tasks taking place near Warwick at this place:
http://www.knightsofmiddleengland.com/flashsite/tv-film.htm

Their location happens to be right near the Saxon Mill - which is on the river Avon and has an pond area that looks like where they grab the flags from.
There is also Guys Cliffe mansion nearby

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:50:43 PM by TexasLady »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2010, 11:18:39 AM »
I believe the team running away is Nat and Kat. The woman on the left has black hair and her teammate is a blonde. They can't be a co-ed team because the women(excluding Vicki) in the co-ed teams are blonde. Anyone agrees? :duno:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:20:14 AM by GreenNegg »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2010, 11:24:56 AM »
Shouldn't somebody open up a TAR17 leg 1 (insert episode title here once it's available) thread like we used to do so we can make this all a little bit more organized?

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2010, 01:27:23 PM »
field behind Druid's Lodge (Wiltshire) is 180x230 yards

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:51:25 PM by TexasLady »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »
This latest "Watermelon to the Head" promo is going viral...
Its a trending topic on twitter and its being linked to everywhere.
twitvid shows Views: 135,554 !

Based on this promo alone I bet we get huge ratings for the season premiere.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:23:37 PM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2010, 02:20:59 PM »
I should have known you guys were all over this video. I posted my same conclusions over at sucks before seeing the discussion here. One knight down, relatively large piles of melons left beyond Claire and 2 women running away from the task...but where are the camera crew that would be with those 2 running away (just thought of that as I typed this)

Claire probably sustained a concussion from that injury, and 'if' she completes this task after that injury, to me that makes her one of the strongest female competitors that this show has produced. That was also a very dangerous accident and could have been a worse outcome for her, was happy to see that she was talking and in relatively good spirits. They just went to number 1 on my list of fav teams

And it is so nice that we Canadians can actually see a video from this season. All the rest are held tightly by CBS and not allowed to be viewed outside the USA! grrr  (:;) at CBS

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2010, 02:54:19 PM »
I think the team running away is the Docs.....Nat and Kat for the same reasons stated above. The guy in the red cap "could" be production to the rescue. It is hard to tell.
Matthew 7:15

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »
The reason I thought the running away team is Andi & Jenna is because of their clothes.  Brook & Claire are wearing the exact same outfits that they had on at Logan.  Jenna was wearing a red/dark red t-shirt at Logan very similiar to the color of this person.  It's difficult to really see details of who is running with her. Some see blonde hair, I see what appears to be green.  Maybe the top of her backpack? 

But Heliox brings up a good point:  where is this team's crew?  We could spend days debating it only to find out it was some poor civilians that just happened to be there! :lol:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2010, 04:34:07 PM »
I assume that the team film crews are over in those trees. Since WRP has cameras set up on the opposite side of the field to film the task. They dont need the following crew. ie, the whole field is the "set."

One thing I would like to interject here, the accident made me think of Natasha Richardson....injuries like that very easily can cause the "walking dead" syndrome. I am glad that she recovered well. That person in the red cap could very well be BVM now that I look more closely at the screencaps. I'm just sayin........
Matthew 7:15

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2010, 06:11:18 PM »
Also, the girl thought to be "Mallory" was also seen while Connor and Jonathan were hi-fiving (the first promo). But I don't think she's Mallory.

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2010, 12:42:50 AM »
The reason I thought the running away team is Andi & Jenna is because of their clothes.  Brook & Claire are wearing the exact same outfits that they had on at Logan.  Jenna was wearing a red/dark red t-shirt at Logan very similiar to the color of this person.  It's difficult to really see details of who is running with her. Some see blonde hair, I see what appears to be green.  Maybe the top of her backpack? 

But Heliox brings up a good point:  where is this team's crew?  We could spend days debating it only to find out it was some poor civilians that just happened to be there! :lol:

Hahaha! You may be right! :P

Refer to the promo 1's caps. It looks like Andie's wearing grey on cap 15.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2010, 07:17:18 AM »
Here is an article from today's New York Post:

'Amazing' racer a hit on melon video

By MAXINE SHEN

Last Updated: 3:54 AM, September 9, 2010

"The Amazing Race" has its first viral video hit of the season -- a young competitor getting nailed in the face with a watermelon shot from a medieval catapult.

The most painful part of the situation is that racer Claire Champlin -- a Home Shopping Network host-- did it to herself.

While in England, participating in what seems to be a roadblock challenge, Champlin is seen shooting whole watermelons at a suit of armor. It's going well, until a misfire results in a watermelon being slingshot back into her face with such force that the fruit gets pulverized.
FACE TIME: 'Amazing Race' contestant Claire Champlin about to get whacked.
FACE TIME: "Amazing Race" contestant Claire Champlin about to get whacked.

"I can't feel my face," Champlin says. "I have the worst headache, ever."

Upon hearing she has to finish the challenge, a stunned Champlin exclaims, "What? I can't even see straight!" "The on-site medic attended to Claire moments after this incident and cleared her to continue," series executive producer Bertram van Munster said in a statement.

The incident appears in the show's Sept. 26 season premiere episode.

"Claire. . .wasn't going to let a watermelon slow her down," van Munster said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/amazing_racer_hit_on_melon_video_zRFzOOoazRsnvOlYUYqBYJ#ixzz0z2AEIWiT