Archive > ‘Survivor 20: Heroes vs. Villains’

Interviews with Sandra, Parvati and Russell after the win

<< < (2/3) > >>

georgiapeach:
Thanks ugot!! :jumpy:

ugot2bekidinmeny:
'Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains' interview: Russell Hantz, Parvati Shallow, and Sandra Diaz-Twine

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains" certainly had an entertaining final three this season, as Villains Sandra Diaz-Twine, Russell Hantz, and Parvati Shallow all competed for the grand prize. Ultimately, though, Sandra came out on top and won the million-dollar prize.

On Monday, I had the opportunity to talk to all three about their time on the show.

--

Matt Carter: I'll start with Sandra. First of all, congratulations!

Sandra Diaz-Twine: Thank you!

Matt: One of your biggest moves we saw from you this season was how you convinced Russell to get rid of Coach. Did you bring that up at the end?

Sandra: No, I had several moves along the way that I think were good moves that kept me in...well, the only time I was actually in danger was when it was between me and Courtney.

Other than that, I wasn't scared. I usually can read people and see what's going on. I played my idol when I knew Rupert and Colby were after me. I kind of wanted to save it, but I didn't want to look stupid having an idol and going home.

I had a ton of big moves I think -- just not everything was shown on TV.

Matt: Going into this season, did you approach playing it differently than 'Pearl Islands?'

Sandra: Well, they didn't have the idol before. If I would've found one [in 'Pearl Islands'] I would have done the same thing and not tell anyone. That's not something you share! Everyone plays their own game, and I've learned from 'Survivors' over the years that if you have an idol to keep that goober quiet. That's not a community idol.

Matt: So moving on to Parvati -- how much of an adjustment did you have to make after losing Danielle? I just don't see any scenario where you lose to her and Russell in the finals.

Parvati: I think it was a big change for me. Not only was it strategically not a good thing for me in terms of jury votes, but I felt bad because she was my girl the whole time. I lost my playmate (laughs).

I don't know...who knows? Maybe those people just didn't want a winner to win again, and the only reason one did win again was because she was up against someone who outplayed them and they hated so bad, and a former winner.

Matt: Did you think you got enough credit for being up against the wall for most of the game? Do you know why the jury didn't look at that?

Parvati: I think I know why it is. I think it's just human emotion that was leading them to vote how they voted. It's not like they sat back and said 'who played this game in every aspect?' If they had done that, Amanda's game is like mine, she plays her game like mine every time. She had played based on whose game she respected the most, she would have voted for me. But she voted based on her emotions and the way she felt about me as a person. So that's why I think I lost a few votes...some resentment, some jealousy, and the backlash of being aligned with Russell.

Matt: So with that, let's move to Russell. Do you feel like the jury already made up their minds about you before the final tribal council?

Russell: Yeah. When they started asking me the questions, I was about to tell them to sit down and stop asking me the questions, 'I'm done.' You know and the thing is, I was playing like that two times in a row, rough as it was playing. That wasn't right -- they shouldn't do that, put a person back to back like that, because I kind of was like mentally [gone] at that tribal council. I couldn't deal with it no more. Once I found out that no one was gonna vote for me, I was just like 'okay, I'll go home. I got to the finals, did what I wanted to do. Whatever.'

Matt: So moving forward, what do you think of that 'Russell vs. Boston Rob' idea from last night?

Russell: No. Why would I want to play him? He didn't make the jury twice! He's trying to tell me how to play the game, and he didn't even make the jury twice! Why would I want to play against him? I'd tell them no -- I've knocked him out, I don't have to do it again.

Matt: So would you ever come back at all?

Russell: I don't know. It's a possibility because there's one player I would like to play against that I haven't yet.

Matt: Richard Hatch.

Russell: Exactly.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11363-TV-Examiner~y2010m5d17-Survivor-Heroes-vs-Villains-interview-Russell-Hantz-Parvati-Shallow-and-Sandra-DiazTwine

ugot2bekidinmeny:
 :'( :swine

how telling!!

Russell: Yeah. When they started asking me the questions, I was about to tell them to sit down and stop asking me the questions, 'I'm done.' You know and the thing is, I was playing like that two times in a row, rough as it was playing. That wasn't right -- they shouldn't do that, put a person back to back like that, because I kind of was like mentally [gone] at that tribal council. I couldn't deal with it no more. Once I found out that no one was gonna vote for me, I was just like 'okay, I'll go home. I got to the finals, did what I wanted to do. Whatever.'

:whever:

ugot2bekidinmeny:
'Survivor' villain Russell Hantz: 'Sandra's not even in the Top 20 of all time'

Russell Hantz once again made it to the Final 3 on "Survivor" and once again lost, despite playing arguably the most aggressive game of any contestant.

He tells Zap2it about who he thought would vote for him, still being in touch with Natalie White from "Survivor: Samoa" and how he really feels about winner Sandra Diaz-Twine.

How much of a break did you have between filming your first season and filming this one?
10 days. I lost 50 lbs, I was sick as a dog, I was whipped, I was tired and I didn't know nobody. That's not much of an advantage. It's hard goin' back-to-back. If this season's Survivors would've seen my game, they would've seen how loyal I am to my alliance. I brought Foa Foa in season 19 to the final five, four of them.

Are you really at all surprised you didn't get any votes?
No, but I thought I would get Amanda's vote. I thought that she's a really strong player and I thought she would give it because she played two times in a row too. She would come up to me [in the game] and talk about how strategic I am and that she's never seen this kind of play in her life. That's what I thought, that all I was getting was one vote.

Jerri mentioned to us that she would have voted for you if you had shown even a little bit of humility or gratefulness to be in the Final 3.
She's so full of it. She's so full of crap. She woldn't have gave me no votes. That's called, little babies. Bitter babies. "If he would've done this or this I would've given him my vote." No, she wouldn't have. I'm not going to play the game how Jerri wants me to play it or how Colby wants me to play it, I'm going to play how I want to play and that's why I'll always get the fans to vote for me. They like to see someone playing hard, playing what he believes and that's how I play the game.

Does winning the fan-voted Sprint player of season prize twice take the sting out of not winning the game?
Yeah. For sure it does, because if you watched the live show I said how there's a flaw in the system. If you don't get one vote and America gives me 5 million votes, it shows you that something's wrong. Something has to be fixed.

You don't think it's because you got a favorable edit? The viewers love you but the other Survivors who had to live with you don't?
Favorable edit? I looked like a freaking Tasmanian devil out there. [laughs] I'm not gettin' a good edit, honey. I looked terrible.

Are you friends with anyone you've played with in either season? Do you keep in touch with anyone?
I'm friends with Natalie. That's it. I'm not friends with none of 'em, not even Parvati. She's a great player but when it comes to friends, I'll talk to her and hang out with her and stuff, but she's just not my friend. Natalie, I talk to her all the time. Me and Natalie are real close.

Would you do "Survivor" again if they asked?
I don't know. I'd have to think about it. I didn't win. Just think about this. If I played again and I actually won, then is there any argument then that I'm the greatest of all time? If I could go all the way and win, then there's no argument.

Sandra would still be arguing. Sandra's not even in the Top 20 of all time. She's weak in challenges. Everyone talks about the social game, the social game, guess what? Sandra has no social game, she has no physical game. Probably the worst physical player to ever play the game. And her strategic idea all the time was to get rid of me, which didn't even pan out for her. She did nothing right, she did everything wrong and she was weak. She went to the end because she was weak, that's why we took her. She's not a good player. She got taken the first time because nobody thought she would get any votes. It's not the first time she's been taken to the end because she's weak.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/05/survivor-villain-russell-hantz-sandras-not-even-in-the-top-20-of-all-time.html

ugot2bekidinmeny:
'Survivor' winner Sandra Diaz-Twine: 'Russell was nothing but a scumbag'

Sandra Diaz-Twine became the first two-time "Survivor" winner when she took home the money from "Heroes vs. Villains" by a vote of 6 to 3 over Parvati Shallow, with Russell Hantz receiving no votes.

She tells Zap2it in her exit Q&A about her experience and what she really thinks of Russell.

A lot of our readers are commenting that you didn't really do anything -- no strategy, you didn't win any challenges. How do you respond to that?
You know what, I think that there's a lot of stuff that didn't make it to the show. There's a lot of big moves I made, a lot of fights and stuff going on out there. I wasn't under the radar, I wasn't quiet, and I wanted Russell out, but then I realized he's perfect to take to the end because I'll automatically win. He assumed I didn't have any friends, but my game is a tight social game and I got all 5 Hero votes and I got Courtney's vote. At the end of the day, I got the check, I'm the queen, it doesn't matter who likes me or who doesn't like me. She won, it's flawed, that's what [Russell] thinks, but there are a ton of people who are glad that I won.

Were you surprised that Parvati didn't win?
I actually thought she had five [votes] and I only had four because they kept saying she was such a physical player, she won so many immunity necklaces. I was shocked that I got more than I was counting on.

Is Russell even more obnoxious in person than we were shown on TV or is he not such a bad guy?
He is obnoxious. I'm sure his wife made him take a shower this morning ... I'm glad that I'm not the only one who saw that Russell was nothing but a scumbag.

What are you and your husband going to do with these two weeks he has leave?
We're going to hang out in New York and see some sites and then we're going to go home. I have a honey-do list for him and then he's going to leave.

Would you do "Survivor" again if they asked you?
Maybe down the road. This is still too fresh, but maybe down the road when I start to miss it. I'm always a fan. But I know I'd have to defend my title and then I'd be the target. I have no complaints about my game.

Meanwhile, Russell says that Sandra is not even in the Top 20 of all time in his exit Q&A. Read it all here.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/05/survivor-winner-sandra-diaz-twine-russell-was-nothing-but-a-scumbag.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version