The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

New Guy with a Question RE: TAR Casting Habits

(1/3) > >>

Competitor:
Hey guys,

I'm a huge TAR fan who just stumbled upon the board yesterday. I have a question about the producers' casting habits. Do you think that the cast demographics are pretty much in proportion to the teams that apply. IE: A whole lot of couples and sporadic others indicates that overwhelmingly large numbers of couples apply as opposed to all girls teams or all male teams.

I have read about three pages of posts and love the boards! Look forward to great conversations about TAR.

Caelestor:

--- Quote from: UberFan on May 17, 2010, 12:12:37 PM ---Hey guys,

I'm a huge TAR fan who just stumbled upon the board yesterday. I have a question about the producers' casting habits. Do you think that the cast demographics are pretty much in proportion to the teams that apply. IE: A whole lot of couples and sporadic others indicates that overwhelmingly large numbers of couples apply as opposed to all girls teams or all male teams. I'm a male and I plan on applying the next go around and I'm debating between trying to take my fiance or a very good friend. I'm 24 and my fiance is 22. My friend is 35. Do they shy away from the younger all male teams that are more athletic? I might not have a choice between the two depending on work schedules and availability.

I have read about three pages of posts and love the boards! Look forward to great conversations about TAR.

--- End quote ---

The producers care about teams that will be able to bring in the ratings. Are you good at making alliances and enemies? That seems to be the gold standard nowadays  :snicker:

Seriously, though, the most important thing is that your team needs to have a compelling story arc. How is your relationship with your fiancée vs. that with your friend? Lifelong relationships are always good.

Competitor:
Appreciate it.

DrRox:
Get an agent!!!!

AmazingRace:
Apparently they like lots of Beauty Queens on the race!

Go Miss Blah Blah Blah!  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version