Author Topic: TAR 17 Speculation  (Read 342708 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 17 Speculation
« Reply #850 on: December 09, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »
Jill and Thomas and Nat and Kat both have four #1 finishes, the same as Jet and Cord did.
Brooke and Claire have one number one finish, same as Dan and Jordan did.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:40:17 PM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #851 on: December 09, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »
The above ^^ is in reference to Phil's new article:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23256.msg580887.html#msg580887

speculate here....

He says: "You think you’ll have it all worked out and then it will turn another way. At the end of the day, the most deserving team wins and that’s the most important thing."

Meaning no Dan/Jordan upsets like last season and the pair that has been in the lead all the way will win?  :cmas20

I think what he says is that the most deserving team is the one who crosses the finish line first (could be eather N/K, J/T or B/C).
If not, I think the most deserving team could either be Nat/Kat (because they both conqueired their fears) or Brook/Claire (because they didnt gave up after Claire being hit by a watermelon and after being uturned).

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #852 on: December 09, 2010, 01:11:32 PM »

speculate here....

He says: "You think you’ll have it all worked out and then it will turn another way. At the end of the day, the most deserving team wins and that’s the most important thing."

Meaning no Dan/Jordan upsets like last season and the pair that has been in the lead all the way will win?  :cmas20

I think what he says is that the most deserving team is the one who crosses the finish line first (could be eather N/K, J/T or B/C).
If not, I think the most deserving team could either be Nat/Kat (because they both conqueired their fears) or Brook/Claire (because they didnt gave up after Claire being hit by a watermelon and after being uturned).

Or Jill and Thomas (who have actually been quite good at the Race).

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #853 on: December 09, 2010, 01:13:55 PM »

They mentioned "tweaks a few phobias", perhaps Nat overcame her fear of heights. :cmas51 (Well, she would have to, if they won.)

P.S Thanks Peach for moving it to the correct thread. My apologies.  :xmas49

I watched the promo during Survivor last night in slow motion on my HD TV & DVR setup.  If you step through it, you see Nat with tears rolling down her face - eyes practically closed, probably back pressed to one of the uprights, but apparently at the top of the crane.  They also show 2 sequences of team bungee drops.  One is clearly J/T with J on the left (facing the crane) - you can see the faces clearly.  The other, filmed from above, is N/K with K on the left.  You can't really see the faces well for N/K, but based on clothing (not pink) and blonde on a different side (so not J/T), it has to be N/K.

So Nat powers through her fear of heights!!!

As far as I am concerned, N/K deserve to win.  Both faced major hurdles and powered through them.

wow, is the promo of that clip available? I haven't seen that one yet, I don't think!

The promo was shown Wednesday night in, I think, the first 15 minutes of Survivor.  I don't have the equipment to pull it off my DVR, hopefully someone else can.
========================

ALL promos are always in the second post of that episode's thread.

Look here, there are also links to where the screencaps are.  :xmas49

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23566.msg569122.html#msg569122
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 10:39:28 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #854 on: December 09, 2010, 04:37:39 PM »

speculate here....

I think we're all just overthinking this. "Most deserving team" could mean anyone. All three teams have done well overall and I think they all deserve to win.  :cmas16

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #855 on: December 09, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »
I think we're all just overthinking this. "Most deserving team" could mean anyone. All three teams have done well overall and I think they all deserve to win.  :cmas16

You're right Phil was just giving a line it doesn't mean much. I just think it's funny how people overlook J/T.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #856 on: December 09, 2010, 05:32:14 PM »

You're right Phil was just giving a line it doesn't mean much. I just think it's funny how people overlook J/T.

Even the other teams on the Race overlooked J/T. In confessionals and such, Nat & Kat, Gary & Mallory, and other teams were mentioned as being a threat, but nobody seemed to see J/T as a fierce competitor. I always thought this was strange because to me, Jill & Thomas are the strongest team. They've done well in nearly every challenge, I can only think of maybe 2 that they did not finish quickly and easily.

I don't think they're the winners because of the "all-female team" line being pushed so much. But I do think that they're the strongest team.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #857 on: December 09, 2010, 05:44:53 PM »

Even the other teams on the Race overlooked J/T. In confessionals and such, Nat & Kat, Gary & Mallory, and other teams were mentioned as being a threat, but nobody seemed to see J/T as a fierce competitor. I always thought this was strange because to me, Jill & Thomas are the strongest team. They've done well in nearly every challenge, I can only think of maybe 2 that they did not finish quickly and easily.

I don't think they're the winners because of the "all-female team" line being pushed so much. But I do think that they're the strongest team.

It's somewhat to do with the editing...the editors can paint teams however they want to paint them.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:51:41 PM by Prophet »

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #858 on: December 09, 2010, 06:40:18 PM »

It's all in the editing...the editors can paint teams however they want to paint them.

That's true. It could be the other way around. But I think it makes sense that J/T had not been considered a threat at first, because Nat & Kat had been winning so many times in those few legs. Of course J/T is quite a threat now.

Offline Rogue

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #859 on: December 09, 2010, 06:47:50 PM »
Hi I'm new here. I've been lurking this season but at the end I finally decided to break down and join up. Private Rogue reporting for duty!

Actually Nat mentioned that Jill and Thomas are a strong team. If anything it's been Brook and Claire who have been on everyone's radar, more so than Nat and Kat.
You don't always win the race by making the best forward moves but you make it by avoiding the huge moves that set you back. -Nat

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #860 on: December 09, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »
Hi I'm new here. I've been lurking this season but at the end I finally decided to break down and join up. Private Rogue reporting for duty!

Actually Nat mentioned that Jill and Thomas are a strong team. If anything it's been Brook and Claire who have been on everyone's radar, more so than Nat and Kat.

Welcome to RFF!! Glad you've joined us!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #861 on: December 09, 2010, 07:53:20 PM »

Well, Nat & Kat were on Chad & Stephanie's radar but I think Brook & Claire were more on other teams' radars than Nat & Kat -- after all, Jill & Thomas U-Turned Brook & Claire and not Nat & Kat!  And I think Jill & Thomas will pay for it in the end.

Belle Book

Offline Rogue

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #862 on: December 09, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!

With Chad and Stephanie, they only saw the wins. Brook and Claire were averaging either better than or the same as Nat and Kat going into Bangladesh with one win. So Brook and Claire were essentially the better team at that point. Also Chad and Stephanie had it wrong saying Brook and Claire were either in the top or bottom. Sorry that was Nat and Kat. If anything Chad and Stephanie should have been gunning for Thomas and Jill.
You don't always win the race by making the best forward moves but you make it by avoiding the huge moves that set you back. -Nat

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #863 on: December 09, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »

It's all in the editing...the editors can paint teams however they want to paint them.

I agree that J/T are a good team, though I still wish others win ahead of them!
Fact of the matter is, Jill especially is very very fast. Or at least compared to the other male/female couples. She speeds right through. Thomas is persistent, but not as physically strong as some of the other males were nor as fast, I don't think.

Offline TrueNorth

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #864 on: December 10, 2010, 10:31:43 AM »
Here's another thought on Brooke;

Tar 17 was like a three month audition tape for her. She has a terrific personality and a very favorable edit throughout the season. It may be that talent headhunters came calling. At her age, the amount of money she would receive from winning would certainly be a nice addition o her bank account (probably around $250,000) but certainly not enough to stop working.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Personally I hope she and Claire win, but woujld like to see Nat and Kat too.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #865 on: December 10, 2010, 10:37:59 AM »
Here's another thought on Brooke;

Tar 17 was like a three month audition tape for her. She has a terrific personality and a very favorable edit throughout the season. It may be that talent headhunters came calling. At her age, the amount of money she would receive from winning would certainly be a nice addition o her bank account (probably around $250,000) but certainly not enough to stop working.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Personally I hope she and Claire win, but woujld like to see Nat and Kat too.

I agree.  Whether or not B/C win, Brook has shown herself to be a bubbly, bright personality with a capital "P".  I think there are lots of opportunities out there for her, if she wishes to pursue them.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #866 on: December 10, 2010, 06:02:29 PM »

Well, Nat & Kat were on Chad & Stephanie's radar but I think Brook & Claire were more on other teams' radars than Nat & Kat -- after all, Jill & Thomas U-Turned Brook & Claire and not Nat & Kat!  And I think Jill & Thomas will pay for it in the end.

Belle Book

Hehe, what I was talking about was a different video a couple of legs before that. I believe it was in Russia. At that point, Nat & Kat had gotten a couple of wins in a row which made them appear to be the strongest team. Of course, the race progressed and things changed, now we're down to the F3 and all of them are strong.

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #867 on: December 10, 2010, 08:35:43 PM »
More speculation... I read in another forum that Kat and possibly Nat both went to UCLA for Med school and Kat and possibly Nat also did their residency in LA.

yipeee hometown advantage, I HOPE!!  :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9  :cmas23 :cmas23 :cmas23

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #868 on: December 10, 2010, 09:14:28 PM »
More speculation... I read in another forum that Kat and possibly Nat both went to UCLA for Med school and Kat and possibly Nat also did their residency in LA.

yipeee hometown advantage, I HOPE!!  :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9  :cmas23 :cmas23 :cmas23

Good point! And Kat is from Santa Monica.

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #869 on: December 11, 2010, 03:14:19 PM »
I am not judging, but:

if J/T wins the million, Jill says:What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would take my family on vacation, buy a new car, purchase a great collection of handbags and finally invest the rest.
Thomas says: What would you do if you won the million dollars? Put a down payment on a ski house in the Colorado Rockies.

if N/K wins the million,  Kat's response: What would you do if you won the million dollars? If we were to win the million dollars, I would donate money to support challenged athletes and to support the search for a cure for Diabetes. I would pay off my debts from medical school and I would buy a baby blue vintage Bronco with the top chopped off.
Nat says: What would you do if you won the million dollars? Donate to charity, pay off part of my medical school loans and bring some loved ones on a sweet vacation

if B/C/ wins the million, Brook's response: What would you do if you won the million dollars? If we win the million dollars I would send my little sister to college and buy a house in Malibu.
Claire's response: What would you do if you won the million dollars? If I were to win the million dollars I would invest it wisely and make another million.

at least n/k would donate to charity! go Nat & Kat!!!  :cmas9  :cmas9  :cmas9  (B/C's responses aren't bad either but obviously I am a n/k fan!!)  :cmastree  :cmastree  :cmastree

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #870 on: December 12, 2010, 06:04:44 AM »

if B/C/ wins the million, Brook's response: What would you do if you won the million dollars? If we win the million dollars I would send my little sister to college and buy a house in Malibu.
Claire's response: What would you do if you won the million dollars? If I were to win the million dollars I would invest it wisely and make another million.

Isn't Brook moving to California? This could be because she won the million... or not.  I know that everybody gets at least a little bit of money, the sum depends on what their overall place in the race is.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #871 on: December 12, 2010, 07:36:28 AM »

Isn't Brook moving to California? This could be because she won the million... or not.  I know that everybody gets at least a little bit of money, the sum depends on what their overall place in the race is.

Brook could be moving to California because the shopping channel she worked for has gone out of business and she wants to take advantage of the 12 week audition she had on The Amazing Race.  :cmas16

Offline Rogue

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #872 on: December 12, 2010, 02:22:36 PM »
You have those backwards. Nat wants the baby blue Bronco and of course wants to donate to a charity close to her own heart.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #873 on: December 12, 2010, 03:01:43 PM »
I think the show's editing has gotten predictable because it's quite obvious that Nat & Kat won.

From what I remember, they're the only final 3 team to get relevant face-time on every episode.  Jill & Thomas and Brooke & Claire were each non-existent for at least one episode.

At every possible opportunity, the editors emphasized Nat & Kat being in jeopardy.  Whether it was the sunglasses selling roadblock, the taxi-driver who wouldn't change direction before the commercial break in Ghana, or getting lost in Oman, it's the same thing that the editors did to Nick & Starr, Tammy & Victor, and Dan & Jordan.

I still remember when they were helping out the school in Ghana, Nat & Kat were one of two or three teams, and the only final 3 team, to talk directly to the camera while they were helping out. 

From the editing, it's a no-brainer that Nat & Kat won.

Offline furybaby

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #874 on: December 12, 2010, 04:43:30 PM »
I think the show's editing has gotten predictable because it's quite obvious that Nat & Kat won.

From what I remember, they're the only final 3 team to get relevant face-time on every episode.  Jill & Thomas and Brooke & Claire were each non-existent for at least one episode.

At every possible opportunity, the editors emphasized Nat & Kat being in jeopardy.  Whether it was the sunglasses selling roadblock, the taxi-driver who wouldn't change direction before the commercial break in Ghana, or getting lost in Oman, it's the same thing that the editors did to Nick & Starr, Tammy & Victor, and Dan & Jordan.

I still remember when they were helping out the school in Ghana, Nat & Kat were one of two or three teams, and the only final 3 team, to talk directly to the camera while they were helping out. 

From the editing, it's a no-brainer that Nat & Kat won.

I fairly disagree, i think the editing for this season was fairly great. I don't think that just because
they had lots of screen time in Ghana nor other episodes mean that they won.
In the promo, Brook and Claire was featured in the entire promo,
so does that mean N/k AND B/C won?
Definietly not reasonable in ur thinking imo
but in 2 hours we will see ^_^

:idgit
Imperfection is beautiful.