Author Topic: TAR 17 Speculation  (Read 343515 times)

Offline stifflfootball

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 17 Speculation
« Reply #550 on: June 15, 2010, 02:35:37 PM »
What are the possibilities that they recycle one of the many starting locations in the LA area as the finish line this season?  Might they end up at some place like Santa Anita or Hollywood Park?  I wouldn't bet on it  :snicker:
TAR - Around the world from the comfort of your couch.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #551 on: June 15, 2010, 02:38:20 PM »
What are the possibilities that they recycle one of the many starting locations in the LA area as the finish line this season?  Might they end up at some place like Santa Anita or Hollywood Park?  I wouldn't bet on it  :snicker:

Actually that is a possibility (though probably not the LA river).  I just realized this is the first TAR to finish in Southern California.  The closest prior finishes have been SF and Phoenix area.

Of course, this is IF Los Angeles is indeed End City.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:42:41 PM by chill_sd »

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #552 on: June 15, 2010, 03:08:43 PM »
LA is a confirmed final city?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #553 on: June 15, 2010, 03:14:16 PM »
LA is a confirmed final city?

I believe so. Peach is reporting that production has been spotted in LA.

Offline stifflfootball

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #554 on: June 15, 2010, 03:33:16 PM »
I think a cool finish line would be the headquarters of World Race Productions.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #555 on: June 15, 2010, 04:51:09 PM »
I think a cool finish line would be the headquarters of World Race Productions.
That's in L.A.?

AmazingDT

« Reply #556 on: June 15, 2010, 05:23:51 PM »
it looks like i got here in time

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #557 on: June 15, 2010, 06:00:05 PM »
Depends on whether or not they had camera crews with them.  I remember that last season, Louie & Michael were on the same flight to San Francisco as Brent & Caite, Jet & Cord, and Dan & Jordan, and while the latter three teams were seen with camera crews, the detectives weren't.

So if the two teams had no camera crews, they're decoys.  Though there is a possibility of decoys with camera crews.

If I remember correctly, we had pictures of Louie and Michael arriving with the production team last season so i don't think they were on the same flight as the final 3 teams.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #558 on: June 15, 2010, 06:12:32 PM »
Depends on whether or not they had camera crews with them.  I remember that last season, Louie & Michael were on the same flight to San Francisco as Brent & Caite, Jet & Cord, and Dan & Jordan, and while the latter three teams were seen with camera crews, the detectives weren't.

So if the two teams had no camera crews, they're decoys.  Though there is a possibility of decoys with camera crews.

If I remember correctly, we had pictures of Louie and Michael arriving with the production team last season so i don't think they were on the same flight as the final 3 teams.
The one who identified the F4 said they were on the flight with them, though.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #559 on: June 15, 2010, 06:15:41 PM »
Chateau Time!!!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #560 on: June 15, 2010, 06:26:51 PM »
Well there is that hanger/warehouse that planes fly over at LAX.......painted up with finish line on the roof.   It would be funny if BVM uses it for actual finish line.  I'm just saying....

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #561 on: June 15, 2010, 06:35:27 PM »
5 hrs...huge time
Can they decribe the 4th team?

Yeah, I'd like to learn the fourth-place team myself.  However, at least I know that two all-female teams are in the Final 3!

Belle Book

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #562 on: June 15, 2010, 10:08:54 PM »
Not too many posts lately.  Is it over?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #563 on: June 15, 2010, 10:19:49 PM »
I think so....despite LAX and LA being extraordinarily quiet. Could it really be that NO one saw anything?? ???

We def have production on the way home at this point.

Still think that the flight with two teams could possibly be the decoys though.

Heee...somewhere in the halls of CBS champagne is flowing!!

Anyway, we should know 100% by tomorrow.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #564 on: June 15, 2010, 10:48:00 PM »
I think so....despite LAX and LA being extraordinarily quiet. Could it really be that NO one saw anything?? ???

LA was not quiet today - NBA finals moved there for game six. Someone was bound to see them.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #565 on: June 15, 2010, 10:55:07 PM »
Could production have thrown a major curve ball and the final leg has not begun or is going on elsewhere? Did we ever confirm that the F3 were on a flight from Seoul to LA? I know that two teams were spotted on a flight, but do we know if they weren't decoys? If we haven't done that yet, then I don't know that we can say LA was the final location. Unless I'm missing something?

Only thing about decoys being on a flight to LA is that if the finale isn't in LA, how do you get these decoys to the finish line? Unless they're a day ahead of the F3? I don't know...just throwing stuff out there...

Offline stifflfootball

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #566 on: June 15, 2010, 11:01:55 PM »
I wonder if they had time to do 2 legs in South Korea.  If they did, the 2 teams that were spotted on the plane into LAX today might have been the 5th & 6th place teams.  That would mean they did leg 11 Tuesday in Korea and fly to LA for a Wednesday finish with the final 3 teams and the final eliminated team.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #567 on: June 15, 2010, 11:03:30 PM »
Wednesday is day 21 isn't it?  Sounds to me as if they're on schedule.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #568 on: June 15, 2010, 11:25:42 PM »
Since they made the announcement today that the McCoy brothers will be parade marshals at the Calgary Stampede, as most know, twitter is overloaded with people tweeting about that.....any sightings are drowned out. Sounds like a good plan to me.....announce it the same day as final and drown it out. Personally, I think real finish is tomorrow....Wed, not Tues...we will see.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #569 on: June 15, 2010, 11:44:57 PM »
Could production have thrown a major curve ball and the final leg has not begun or is going on elsewhere? Did we ever confirm that the F3 were on a flight from Seoul to LA? I know that two teams were spotted on a flight, but do we know if they weren't decoys? If we haven't done that yet, then I don't know that we can say LA was the final location. Unless I'm missing something?

Only thing about decoys being on a flight to LA is that if the finale isn't in LA, how do you get these decoys to the finish line? Unless they're a day ahead of the F3? I don't know...just throwing stuff out there...
Somehow I get the feeling it won't be in LA either..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #570 on: June 15, 2010, 11:52:29 PM »
All I know for sure is that production is on the way home...so who is minding the racers?? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #571 on: June 15, 2010, 11:57:41 PM »
All I know for sure is that production is on the way home...so who is minding the racers?? :funny:
If the race still hasn't ended yet, then maybe the production team of the penultimate episode has gone home, but there's still some production members staying behind for the final leg tomorrow.

If not, then the race did end today and the teams somehow finished very much under-the-radar.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #572 on: June 16, 2010, 12:33:51 AM »
Okay...now we have a problem!!

Flightstats has updated it's info to show that KE17 did NOT arrive at 833...but a few minutes late at 1024.

ICN Seoul KE 17  Korean Air Lines 10:10 AM  10:24 AM 

So production prob had to come in on KE 1 which came via Tokyo?? and DID arr at 0833, very doable if they left Seoul by 1030 or so.

No idea why they would not do the nonstops....
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:41:04 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #573 on: June 16, 2010, 01:01:33 AM »
Okay...now we have a problem!!

Flightstats has updated it's info to show that KE17 did NOT arrive at 833...but a few minutes late at 1024.

ICN Seoul KE 17  Korean Air Lines 10:10 AM  10:24 AM  

So production prob had to come in on KE 1 which came via Tokyo?? and DID arr at 0833, very doable if they left Seoul by 1030 or so.

No idea why they would not do the nonstops....

Would that be potentially cheaper??? CBS would want to cut costs wouldn't they, and as long as it arrived in time it wouldn't matter, right?  :duno:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #574 on: June 16, 2010, 01:54:36 AM »
Making the obvious suggestion here, is it possible LA's not the finish at all, and teams are just connecting? There's not that many flights between Seoul and the US, and if they finished in, like, the Midwest or somewhere, then you'd need to make a connection either on the west coast somewhere or in Vancouver. So it's possible the teams seen on the flight could either be decoys, and thus still have time to get elsewhere if they're flying ahead, or they're the actual teams connecting, with one other team connecting through somewhere else or just not seen?