Author Topic: TAR 17 Speculation  (Read 344435 times)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 Speculation
« Reply #475 on: June 13, 2010, 08:25:17 AM »
Looking at those responses to how to get to Camp Casey, I'm wondering if production might have chartered buses or some other arranged transport?  Possibly even military transport?

Offline Rexman

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #476 on: June 13, 2010, 08:28:44 AM »
Looking at those responses to how to get to Camp Casey, I'm wondering if production might have chartered buses or some other arranged transport?  Possibly even military transport?
Maybe CBS will provide some transportation like Season 11 All Star

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #477 on: June 13, 2010, 02:31:55 PM »
So with new photos..we  know ..the first 3 team eliminated :jumpy: :jumpy:
 purple team,pink team and blue(female)team are Photographed in hong kong(ep 9??)
other 4 team are spotted and photographed in sweden(probably ep 5 or 6 ):mallory and gary,kenny and kevin,female team in green ,connor and jonathan
stephanie and chad....are spotted in oman

so..probably the first 3 team eliminated are:team red,team orange,and team grey... :jumpy: :jumpy:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 04:20:59 PM by milanissimo »

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #478 on: June 13, 2010, 02:43:33 PM »
Just a question, where is Sequesterville this time?  Mexico? Portugal? Where??????

Offline Solarius

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #479 on: June 13, 2010, 02:59:31 PM »
Just a guess: Could one (or more) of the Sweden legs be in Kiruna? The nearby town of Jukkasjärvi has the ice hotel, which seems like a place they would like to visit.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #480 on: June 13, 2010, 03:04:57 PM »
Just a question, where is Sequesterville this time?  Mexico? Portugal? Where??????

One could imagine somewhere in Europe, because Ghana eliminations would be the only one's they'd need to fly any distance to get there, as by the Asia legs, the eliminated teams will be travelling on with production anyway.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #481 on: June 13, 2010, 03:52:32 PM »
Just a guess: Could one (or more) of the Sweden legs be in Kiruna? The nearby town of Jukkasjärvi has the ice hotel, which seems like a place they would like to visit.

I do not think so. The hotel is probably mostly gone by now (it tends to melt in the spring:-).

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #482 on: June 13, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »
So whit new photos..we  know ..the first 3 team eliminated :jumpy: :jumpy:
 purple team,pink team and blue(female)team are Photographed in hong kong(ep 9??)
other 4 team are spotted and photographed in sweden(probably 5 or 6 episode):mallory and gary,kenny and kevin,female team in green ,connor and jonathan
stephanie and chad....are spotted in oman

so..probably the first 3 team eliminated are:team red,team orange,and team grey... :jumpy: :jumpy:

I'm not surprised that the all-female red team is one of the first three teams to go.  I didn't think they'd last too long in the race anyway.  At least two all-female teams made it to Hong Kong!   :jumpy:

Belle Book

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #483 on: June 13, 2010, 04:02:41 PM »
I'm not surprised that the all-female red team is one of the first three teams to go.  I didn't think they'd last too long in the race anyway.

Just out of curiosity, may I ask why?  Not that I'm disagreeing with the idea that they were probably one of the first 3 teams eliminted.  Its just that I keep reading that people expected them to be out early and I never understood the low(but apparently correct) expectations.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #484 on: June 13, 2010, 05:30:25 PM »
I'm not surprised that the all-female red team is one of the first three teams to go.  I didn't think they'd last too long in the race anyway.

Just out of curiosity, may I ask why?  Not that I'm disagreeing with the idea that they were probably one of the first 3 teams eliminted.  Its just that I keep reading that people expected them to be out early and I never understood the low(but apparently correct) expectations.
There were thoughts that they were a mother and daughter.  And if they turn out to be, then mother/daughter teams, save for Nancy & Emily, have never gotten far.  Deidre & Hillary left first in TAR2, and Wanda & Desiree left third in TAR9.

If they're both young, then my thoughts immediately were that they'd be a Meredith & Maria/Danielle & Dani/Kellie & Jamie/Marianna & Julia/Marisa & Brooke type of women's team -- the nice, but incompetent women's team that is sure cannon fodder.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #485 on: June 13, 2010, 09:14:08 PM »
Oh, and I know there are four teams in Korea now (as four were spotted on the flight there), but what was the Hong Kong leg?  F5 elimination or F4 NEL?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #486 on: June 13, 2010, 09:18:49 PM »
If my math is right, then Hong Kong should be the F5 elimination leg. This SK leg would probably be the first of two (what with it being in a less urbanized area), which would be a logical point for the F4 NEL.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #487 on: June 13, 2010, 09:58:12 PM »
Maybe CBS will provide some transportation like Season 11 All Star

This possibly sounds like someone who has been organised to transport teams. If it is a couple of hours to get to the airport, and the teams arrive around 5am, it would fit nicely.

Facebook post (posted 1 hr. ago):

I have to be up at 230 in the morning for some ---------- Amazing Race. I don't know when I'm going to be able to crawl back into bed.

Poster's  location is Seoul. :duno:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #488 on: June 13, 2010, 10:09:56 PM »
If my math is right, then Hong Kong should be the F5 elimination leg. This SK leg would probably be the first of two (what with it being in a less urbanized area), which would be a logical point for the F4 NEL.

I'm not sure that we have 5 teams left by the time we get to HK. I'm thinking there might only be 4 teams left by then? Perhaps NEL, then final 3 in one Korean leg before final destination?

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #489 on: June 14, 2010, 02:43:26 AM »
As a fb poster bumped into teams on the metro in Seoul today, I thought I'd have a look at it
Here is a link to a linemap of the Seoul Subway.
It's not completely clear directions on google maps for the first part, depending what time of day you travel,  but it instructs you to either take a bus (or two) and join up with subway line #1, or you can take the Airport subway line (center left) and change to line 4 or 5 before ending up on line 1. (top right) Dongducheon is the second to last stop on line 1.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #490 on: June 14, 2010, 10:17:08 AM »
INCOMING FROM Camp Casey:

4 teams...at least one more task but i dont know where, 4th team lost in the sauce will be eliminated most likely they are at least 6 hrs behind. 2 all girl teams, 1 Male/ female team

So  2 all girl teams , 1 Male/ female team  are the first 3 teams? And another one team fell behind 6 hours?

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #491 on: June 14, 2010, 10:21:18 AM »

4 teams...at least one more task but i dont know where, 4th team lost in the sauce will be eliminated most likely they are at least 6 hrs behind. 2 all girl teams, 1 Male/ female team

So  2 all girl teams , 1 Male/ female team  are the first 3 teams? And another one team fell behind 6 hours?

From what he's saying? Yes.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #492 on: June 14, 2010, 10:41:49 AM »

From what he's saying? Yes.
OMG.  If this is true, we might have a two-in-three shot at finally getting that women's team victory.  If this is the penultimate leg, of course.

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #493 on: June 14, 2010, 10:51:20 AM »
wow 2/3 shots for an F/F Team if that is legit  :hearts:  :jumpy:  :wohoo:
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #494 on: June 14, 2010, 11:04:03 AM »
wow 2/3 shots for an F/F Team if that is legit  :hearts:  :jumpy:  :wohoo:
Hopefully, it won't turn into All-Stars 2.0 with the young couple taking it.

But it just occurred to me.  With all four teams arriving in the same city on the same flight, how the hell does the straggling team fall behind six hours?!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 12:14:35 PM by Paron »

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #495 on: June 14, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »
wow 2/3 shots for an F/F Team if that is legit  :hearts:  :jumpy:  :wohoo:
Hopefully, it won't turn into All-Stars 2.0 with the young couple taking it.

But it just occurred to me.  With all four teams arriving in the same city on the same flight, how the hell does the straggling team fall behind six hours?!

The easiest way would be if they missed that flight - the next flight is approx 6 hrs later. As for the sighting of 4 teams on a flight, I imagine the eliminated team could have been travelling with them, or the witness mistakenly thought another set of passengers on the flight were also teams.

Offline babs

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #496 on: June 14, 2010, 02:58:34 PM »
Hi all.  i am new to this forum.  I guess this means Conner and Jonathan are not around?

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #497 on: June 14, 2010, 03:01:11 PM »
Hi all.  i am new to this forum.  I guess this means Conner and Jonathan are not around?

We have no sightings of them since 6/1, but there is still an unidentified team, that theoretically could be any of the other teams, but it's not looking like a good outcome for that team in this leg, no matter who they are.

Welcome to RFF btw :)

Offline babs

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #498 on: June 14, 2010, 03:22:49 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!!!  Jonathan is from NJ and so am I.  It would be nice to see someone from the home state win.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #499 on: June 14, 2010, 06:00:22 PM »
Hi all.  i am new to this forum.  I guess this means Connor & Jonathan are not around?
They were either in fourth and far behind, or eliminated well before now.  My money's on them possibly being decoys by now, if not a late Elimination Station team.