Author Topic: TAR 17 Speculation  (Read 343407 times)

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 17 Speculation
« Reply #400 on: June 08, 2010, 12:04:57 PM »
hey guys, i'm mostly a lurker, and i love what you guys do here... so I found this, maybe it could mean something, i dont know, you guys are the experts...

(Name witheld) Missing hubby already, hes doing the Amazing Race for next 3 weeks.

Thanks and welcome to RFF. Modified only to remove FaceBook info.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:42:05 PM by TexasLady »

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #401 on: June 08, 2010, 12:24:46 PM »
hey guys, i'm mostly a lurker, and i love what you guys do here... so I found this, maybe it could mean something, i dont know, you guys are the experts...

Camera crew/production.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #402 on: June 08, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »
With the reference to Southern hemisphere, I wonder if he's with TAR LA, especially since we are coming up on two weeks into TAR filming already.

Just saw the other reference to Australia.  Probably TARA then.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #403 on: June 08, 2010, 12:37:01 PM »
Not to mention we're probably not going down in the Southern Hemisphere this race, what with it being run during US Summer.

TARA (or another region's TAR), on the other hand...I've posted my thoughts in that section  :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #404 on: June 08, 2010, 12:44:18 PM »
Zack is correct...this is almost certainly for TARA4.  Check out that thread if you want!

guacamole :welcome: and Check for a message from me...good job!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #405 on: June 09, 2010, 12:27:54 PM »
I am pretty sure they could very well be in Korea although this may be pure speculation. Remembered how half of us predicted them to start near Korea for TAR 17?

This is completely speculation, but the only country i could foresee TAR 17 definitely visiting after Korea would be The Phillippines. And it is possible for TAR 17 to travel to Korea if they do 1 leg in Korea, 2 legs in Phillipines, 2 legs in another country further down Southeast Asia (Indonesia, anyone?).. and if they have time, they can even cross continent to Australia and New Zealand. Seems like a pretty good route, to have Asia stuck in the middle of the season instead of the start and the beginning like what we have for the past many seasons.

Taking this to spec. I personally see perhaps a visit to Central Asia after Russia. Philippines or S. Korea are highly likely in this race, but I believe the penultimate leg will be in Vancouver, not Latin America. Going to S. America usually increases the cost of travelling. Besides, I like the 4 continent races the best.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #406 on: June 09, 2010, 01:47:09 PM »
My speculation is that they will go in a routing like this (North America-Europe-Africa-Europe-Asia-Oceania-North America) 12-13 legs is possible this season, but I would put Vancouver as a single leg or 2 legs like the past couple seasons (Prague, Shanghai), not a penultimate leg.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #407 on: June 09, 2010, 02:27:30 PM »
I've read articles on Yahoo this morning that reports that CBS has already sold a;; of its advertising time for this upcoming season (2010-2011). This also leads me to think that 12 or 13 episodes may be possible for TAR 17, especially if the premiere week is earlier this year than ;ast year.

My thinking on the race course after St. Petersburg is similar to Joab's' I think there won
t be much time spent in mainland Asia, there will be time spent in Oceania, and all of th teams and the viewers will be surprised with a eastward jainy across the South Pacific.

TAR has only gone to the Caribbean-Central America twice-- TAR 7 tp Jamaica and Puerto Rico, and FE to Panama and Costa Rica. (i treat Mexico as a North American nation.)  I don't think Vancouver is in the cards this time, I also think a final destination city in the southeast or eastern US is overdue.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #408 on: June 09, 2010, 03:12:36 PM »
I've read articles on Yahoo this morning that reports that CBS has already sold a;; of its advertising time for this upcoming season (2010-2011). This also leads me to think that 12 or 13 episodes may be possible for TAR 17, especially if the premiere week is earlier this year than ;ast year.

My thinking on the race course after St. Petersburg is similar to Joab's' I think there won
t be much time spent in mainland Asia, there will be time spent in Oceania, and all of th teams and the viewers will be surprised with a eastward jainy across the South Pacific.

TAR has only gone to the Caribbean-Central America twice-- TAR 7 tp Jamaica and Puerto Rico, and FE to Panama and Costa Rica. (i treat Mexico as a North American nation.)  I don't think Vancouver is in the cards this time, I also think a final destination city in the southeast or eastern US is overdue.

Could we be in for a 6-continent race? Those are great too and would definitely spur some interest.
Yeah, I'm speculating that TAR has its budget back up and there's 13 episodes this season.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #409 on: June 09, 2010, 04:04:44 PM »
Hopefully, no double-legs.  I've hated those since one screwed Jaime & Cara out of a win (though they at least still got prizes).

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #410 on: June 09, 2010, 04:25:23 PM »
I love the concept of a north south zigzag race.:snicker:

This is total Spec beyond the possibility of Korea:

UK down to Ghana, back up to Sweden, across to Russia, down to Korea, few more Asian legs, down to NZ or Aus, up to Vancouver (transit via San Fran or LA) and then back into a central US state for the finish line....

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #411 on: June 09, 2010, 04:39:53 PM »

This is an interesting thought, but I personally don't think we are in for 13 legs this season. Remember that the original reason TAR 12 was shortened was to "increase the suspense." Now I'm not saying we should rule out a longer course this time, but if they were to increase the route length, I would be inclined to believe it is because of viewer requests rather than budget conditions alone.

But I would love to see them go eastward across the Pacific, have a couple South/Central American legs and then finish somewhere in the southeast. Sounds like a refreshing change of scene for the final legs that could take us back to TAR 7. :wohoo:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #412 on: June 09, 2010, 05:01:28 PM »

This is an interesting thought, but I personally don't think we are in for 13 legs this season. Remember that the original reason TAR 12 was shortened was to "increase the suspense." Now I'm not saying we should rule out a longer course this time, but if they were to increase the route length, I would be inclined to believe it is because of viewer requests rather than budget conditions alone.

But I would love to see them go eastward across the Pacific, have a couple South/Central American legs and then finish somewhere in the southeast. Sounds like a refreshing change of scene for the final legs that could take us back to TAR 7. :wohoo:

To be fair, I like 12 legs, 3 of which are NEL. The race often drags towards the end because there's a predictable final 4 NEL. If the first leg was shown over 2 episodes, that could make the 13th episode.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #413 on: June 10, 2010, 12:25:21 PM »
I think the Philippines is a no go this time around, it's in the US travel warning list. I know it's mostly for the southern part, but if it's in the list then there will problems re: insurance.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #414 on: June 10, 2010, 03:46:30 PM »
My speculation, after St Petersburg.  They could have flown to the Middle East for a couple legs and there was a facebook post on the Sightings thread.  The poster said that they saw teams of Americans at the Muscat Airport, probally flying to Bangladesh.  Also I think there is only 1 leg in Sweden since the teams left Ghana on the 31st and arrived in Europe the next day.  They could have had a extended pitstop in Sweden up to 24-32 hours. 
-My Theory-
Leg 1 (USA to UK)
Leg 2 (UK to Ghana)
Leg 3 (Ghana)
Leg 4 (Ghana to Sweden)
Leg 5 (Sweden to Russia)
Leg 6 (Russia to Middle East)
Leg 7 (Middle East)
Leg 8 (Middle East to Bangladesh?)

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #415 on: June 10, 2010, 05:29:25 PM »
I thought from St.Petersburg they went to South Korea? From South Korea - Oman - Bangladesh. Dunno if Oman is just a transit point or a leg, though.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #416 on: June 10, 2010, 05:30:02 PM »
I thought from St.Petersburg they went to South Korea? From South Korea - Oman - Bangladesh. Dunno if Oman is just a transit point or a leg, though.
South Korea's starting to go by the wayside in terms of the route.  I'm beginning to think they didn't go.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #417 on: June 10, 2010, 05:45:47 PM »
South Korea's starting to go by the wayside in terms of the route.  I'm beginning to think they didn't go.

Yeah, South Korea is out of the question.  I think they would never let our race travel to a US Military installation in a foreign country this could be due to security concerns but when they traveled to Guam in All-Stars no problem, because they were in a US territory and not a foreign country.  I think South Korea is no-go.   

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #418 on: June 10, 2010, 06:15:06 PM »
Never know.  The girls could've been the green ones.

So Chad & Stephanie are still in.  Officially, she lasted longer than the last Stephanie.  Points for anyone who remembers who that was.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #419 on: June 10, 2010, 06:24:24 PM »
Never know.  The girls could've been the green ones.

So Chad & Stephanie are still in.  Officially, she lasted longer than the last Stephanie.  Points for anyone who remembers who that was.

The girls in green are both blonde. He said he saw a girl-girl team, one dark haired, the other a blonde.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #420 on: June 10, 2010, 06:28:09 PM »
S. Korea would likely be one of the penultimate legs, due to its proximity to America. I agree Bangladesh is highly likely, for reasons I've stated earlier. After Bangladesh is the question, however: will the route curve north or south? Oceania may be visited solely to prevent TAR 17 from becoming another Northern Hemisphere route.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #421 on: June 10, 2010, 07:52:44 PM »
S. Korea would likely be one of the penultimate legs, due to its proximity to America. I agree Bangladesh is highly likely, for reasons I've stated earlier. After Bangladesh is the question, however: will the route curve north or south? Oceania may be visited solely to prevent TAR 17 from becoming another Northern Hemisphere route.

Oceania is way due since TAR13 when they visited New Zealand.  We could get a leg or 2 there again followed by a leg somewhere in the South Pacific like Samoa, Fiji, or Tonga.  Then go to Hawaii/Alaska and the US mainland for the Final Leg if there is a 13 leg-structure similar to TAR1/TAR2/TAR3/TAR4/TAR5/TAR11. I think the route would curve south after Bangladesh and north back to the USA.
13 Legs sounds plausible for me if there was a immediate destination like Alaska or Hawaii. 
The race could finish like on the 19th or 20th of this month.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 08:11:00 PM by mjriches2005 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #422 on: June 10, 2010, 08:11:10 PM »

Yeah, South Korea is out of the question. 

Would you like to share your evidence for this? I have posted something else in the spoiler thread which may conflict with your statement.

Not trying to single out one person, but this is a good example of something that can cause problems.

If you all think/believe/wish/want something to be true...please say I wish/believe/want/think that such and such is true. Not such and such IS true unless you have factual evidence to support your statements.

And IF you have the facts to support your definitive statements, please share them in spoilers.

It is very frustrating when people who read here and clearly do not have all the facts or are only stating their own opinions,  make statements  that are then reported in other forums and media as "RFF says".

For the record...unless it is in the TIMELINE thread...RFF does NOT say.

Please just be clear about whether something is your speculation or your opinion or a FACT that can be supported by a photo, a trusted source, or something like a permit.

Thanks!!

[/rant]

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #423 on: June 10, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »
Bangladesh, if the spoilers and my calculations are both right, would be Leg 8. If Legs 10 and 11 are in the same city following the TAR 13-16 tradition, we'd only have one leg left to guess. Korea (and Australia) do seem to be in the right place for the penultimate legs, with Southeast Asia being the most likely place where the dots connect for Leg 9 in both scenarios...

Unless they do the completely unexpected and go to South America for the final legs.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #424 on: June 10, 2010, 08:13:44 PM »
Bangladesh, if the spoilers and my calculations are both right, would be Leg 8. If Legs 10 and 11 are in the same city following the TAR 13-16 tradition, we'd only have one leg left to guess. Korea (and Australia) do seem to be in the right place for the penultimate legs, with Southeast Asia being the most likely place where the dots connect for Leg 9 in both scenarios...

Bangladesh is possibly Leg 9 since there is leg between Russia and Oman on the 6th/7th.