Author Topic: TAR 17 Speculation  (Read 343423 times)

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 Speculation
« Reply #375 on: June 07, 2010, 01:39:08 AM »
I don't think they will have 2nd leg in Russia. I mean they may get connect flight at Moscow .

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #376 on: June 07, 2010, 01:45:49 AM »
What about Eastern Russia, like Vladivostok? They could have connected in Moscow before making the trek to Asia.

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #377 on: June 07, 2010, 05:43:53 AM »
If they fly to Moscow and get connect flight,they may fly to Delhi(depart at 17:10) or Beijing(depart at 19:45) from Sheremetyero airport ,or fly to Doha(depart at 20:00) from Domodedovo airport.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #378 on: June 07, 2010, 11:32:38 AM »
If the teams arrived in Stockholm on LH 3000 at 9.45am, they should be in absolutely no hurry to get onto the connecting flight to Tallinn (departing at 12.30pm) or Reykjavik (departing at 2.10pm). All other countries in Europe (I checked all 49) are better served from Frankfurt than from Stockholm. These clues strongly suggest that Sweden is the final destination country (even if Stockholm is not the final destination city), at least for Leg 4.

What I hope to see, though, is that teams travel overland (or over-sea) for Leg 5, ending up in Norway, or better yet, Denmark. Getting from these two countries to St Petersburg on 5 Jun does require a connection in Stockholm. (Riga and Helsinki, on the other hand, do not.) The timeline suggests that Legs 4 and 5 might not be too geographically close to one another, if the extra day was not a result of Eyjafjallajokull screwing things up...

The teams have to clear customs in Frankfurt, so I don't know if LH3000 gives them enough time to make the connection. I suspect they might have been on the next flight LH 3002 DEP 9:55am ARR 11:51am

:winner  Looks good!

Arlanda photo EXIF data:

Thanks to walkingpneumonia!!

photo was taken 2010-06-01 12:02:50-04:00.
The camera was a HTC Eris which is sold by Verison in the US - don't think its available in Europe.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #379 on: June 07, 2010, 01:44:16 PM »
Just found this on FB:

So, two of my friends are in Russia and they see the contestants competing in The Amazing Race - how cool is that???
4 hours ago

Seems to be a reliable source. Should I ask the source or redirect to one of the detectives here? ;)

EDIT: Sent a message. Waiting for replies.

Where in Russia?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #380 on: June 07, 2010, 02:59:55 PM »
Now how would we know that? :lol3:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #381 on: June 07, 2010, 03:33:53 PM »
By using your super-sleuth peach powers! :hero:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #382 on: June 07, 2010, 04:38:14 PM »
By using your super-sleuth peach powers! :hero:

Yeah - that!  :lol3:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #383 on: June 07, 2010, 06:09:55 PM »
the backpacks look like team lime green but the hair doesnt seem to be blonde
im guessing its probably red
I think they're just tinted from being behind the glass.

I definately think it is team lime green.

Look at the pic of team lime green in the contestant thread, the way the girl on the left is standing.   Looks like her running closest to the camera.
I do, too.  I just said I thought they were tinted due to the tinted glass.

Yeah, i agree!

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #384 on: June 07, 2010, 06:12:11 PM »

You mean to tell us production didn't send you the complete route and accompanying photos of all the teams before the race started :o??

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #385 on: June 07, 2010, 06:30:53 PM »
Some people seem to think so, :lol: but no...we Detectives WORK for our info!!

Oh yeah...except for my crystal ball. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #386 on: June 07, 2010, 06:43:31 PM »
So from sightings so far, assuming St. Petersburg was the F7, it sounds like (and Peach can confirm whichever ones definitely seemed to be there once more info comes in) we have:

Kenny & Kevin
Connor & Jonathan
Chad & Stephanie
Gary & Mallory
Purple Couple
Lime Green Girls
Other Women's Team (I'm guessing the Pink Girls or Peach Girls, as I think the Red Girls were definitely among the first few to go)

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #387 on: June 07, 2010, 06:45:43 PM »
Some people seem to think so, :lol: but no...we Detectives WORK for our info!!

Oh yeah...except for my crystal ball. :funny:

Don't lose that crystal ball, I need to borrow it for a bit.  :please:

Back to work... :spitcoffee:

Offline hallai

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #388 on: June 07, 2010, 06:46:30 PM »

You mean to tell us production didn't send you the complete route and accompanying photos of all the teams before the race started :o??

Sometimes I really wonder how peach gets some of his info... like the time the race started  :ascared

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #389 on: June 07, 2010, 06:50:13 PM »
So from sightings so far, assuming St. Petersburg was the F7, it sounds like (and Peach can confirm whichever ones definitely seemed to be there once more info comes in) we have:

Kenny & Kevin
Connor & Jonathan
Chad & Stephanie
Gary & Mallory
Purple Couple
Lime Green Girls
Other Women's Team (I'm guessing the Pink Girls or Peach Girls, as I think the Red Girls were definitely among the first few to go)

Kenny & Kevin + Gary & Mallory are the only identified teams to get that far, everyone else is speculation still

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #390 on: June 07, 2010, 06:52:32 PM »

Sometimes I really wonder how peach gets some of his info... like the time the race started  :ascared

Peach does it with a LOT of hard work, phone calls, questions, following up dead ends, eliminating alternatives, on the ground detecting, and a little dash of luck too.

*whispers* Peach is a she :hearts:

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #391 on: June 07, 2010, 06:59:58 PM »

Kenny & Kevin
Connor & Jonathan
Chad & Stephanie
Gary & Mallory
Purple Couple
Lime Green Girls

Kenny & Kevin + Gary & Mallory are the only identified teams to get that far, everyone else is speculation still
But these were the teams spotted heading out of Sweden, so I assumed.  But again, I'll wait for Peach to confirm or debunk the teams from this list.

Definitely think the black dudes left early, though.  If they'd gotten to Russia, a predominantly white country, they'd have been spotted easily.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #392 on: June 07, 2010, 08:11:42 PM »
Way too soon to assume final # anything yet, I think.

Kenny & Kevin>> seen on plane to St Pete
Connor & Jonathan>>seen entering Sweden (Arlanda airport)
Chad & Stephanie>>pure spec
Gary & Mallory >>seen on plane to St Pete
Purple Couple>>pure spec
Lime Green Girls>>not TOTALLY confirmed, but I feel 90% sure that is the team we see in Arlanda
Other Women's Team (I'm guessing the Pink Girls or Peach Girls, as I think the Red Girls were definitely among the first few to go)>>pure spec, you don't know that the F/F team seen is not the Lime Green team also.

Fair to consider a long haired blonde/couple  in St Pete, Team Yellow or Team Purple? Spec till I get a reliable description or a photo, we don't do unsubstantiated here.
Fair to consider a couple...who's to say it isn't the SAME couple? And that could be Team Yellow who we already know is there.

We all need to keep thinking, but NO jumping the gun please. Facts are facts and we know what happens when we ASS-U-ME things right? :lol:

I am asking for more info, until then...spec NOT fact, except for the 3 sure sightings. :lol:

The first post of the TIMELINE thread is the place to watch. Anything we know for sure goes there, as does serious spec, which is labelled as such.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #393 on: June 07, 2010, 08:23:30 PM »

But these were the teams spotted heading out of Sweden, so I assumed.  But again, I'll wait for Peach to confirm or debunk the teams from this list.

Definitely think the black dudes left early, though.  If they'd gotten to Russia, a predominantly white country, they'd have been spotted easily.

I'm definitely not dropping the rest off the list. A number of them are highly likely, but just not confirmed yet
- we just have to be careful to clearly state what is speculation only, because other internet sites often quote information posted on RFF as fact.
I'd have to check my notes, but I'm pretty sure that is the list of teams we've identified flying in to Sweden.  So there are 2 possible elimination points (or 1 elim + a NEL) before we see them flying to St Petersburg. The St Petersburg sighting did mention a M/F and a F/F team, and one of the other sightings also mentioned a blonde+male, but none of them have been confirmed yet by photo identification by the witness.

ETA Peach beat me to it :)

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #394 on: June 07, 2010, 08:28:34 PM »
All right.  Fair enough, Peach and Mrs. Shrek.  I'll just wait till more info, if any, comes in.  But more sighting's are gonna have to come in soon, because I'm so anxious and impatient.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #395 on: June 07, 2010, 08:39:57 PM »
All right.  Fair enough, Peach and Mrs. Shrek.  I'll just wait till more info, if any, comes in.  But more sighting's are gonna have to come in soon, because I'm so anxious and impatient.

Feel free to join in the hunt if you wish. Blogs, Tweets, photohosting sites, Facebook, myspace - wherever you can think to look for clues :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #396 on: June 07, 2010, 08:42:33 PM »
Then go find us some!! Search Flickr, all the photo places, travel blogs, twitter, etc. This is just plain old research...lots of slogging thru the muck to find the gems. Anyone can play!

Ha! GMTA Mrs Shrek!  :hfive:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #397 on: June 08, 2010, 06:07:44 AM »
Speculating: boat from Stockholm to Helsinki and then train from Helsinki to St. Petersburg. One leg in Finland?

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #398 on: June 08, 2010, 06:37:11 AM »
Speculating: boat from Stockholm to Helsinki and then train from Helsinki to St. Petersburg. One leg in Finland?
They have been seen at Stockholm airport and fly to St. Petersburg.

Offline TrueNorth

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #399 on: June 08, 2010, 12:04:39 PM »
This is my first real season of following spoilers, is it always this difficult to get information?  Also still P.O'd that I missed my only chance to ever see the race in action. I'm less than an hour from Boston and would have staked out Logan. If there's any chance of an East Coast finish this year, I'm game for a road trip!