Author Topic: TAR 17 Speculation  (Read 343362 times)

Offline dirkdaryl

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 17 Speculation
« Reply #350 on: June 06, 2010, 10:37:58 AM »
mongolia?? or central asian countries??

Offline ibukifu02

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #351 on: June 06, 2010, 02:23:51 PM »
I think Australia is very possible because I don't think they will go to 4 Asia coustries.
England,Ghana,Sweden,Russia...then I think will go to Asia coustries.

What Asian countries they haven't visited yet that is safe?

Bangladesh. TAR is on an Indian dry spell due to travel alerts, so I think Dhaka is a very possible destination.

Laos, Maldives, Brunei, Indonesia possible?

I would love Indonesia, but it is quite unsafe at the moment due to terror threats. Brunei is possible, Laos would be hell to fly there (plus most common connections are through Thailand, if the yellow/red shirts shut down the airport?), Maldives unlikely, too remote. 

What about Japan? They could use Japan as a final destination and swing around to the US so its like a round the world race literally.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #352 on: June 06, 2010, 02:41:41 PM »
The Maldives are not too remote.  They could get to there via Dubai.  Indonesia is possible because things have toned down there in recent years and its safe to travel there.  Laos could be accessible by plane from Guangzhou and HCMC.  There hasn't been much news in Bangkok since then, the clashes has toned down a bit, Suvanabhumi Airport in Bangkok is safe if they were transiting through.  For the Middle East: Jordan, Qatar, and Bahrain are possibilities as well the United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi).  If they will visit China again; I like to see them visit Wuhan, Guangzhou, Haikou, and Harbin.  For Japan, cities like Nagoya, Sapporo, Okinawa, Kobe, Hiroshima, Nagano, Fukuoka, and Kyoto should get a visit too. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2010, 08:28:08 PM »
I have posted the full info for this in the Live thread, but am sure there will be specualtion on the identity of the running team.

We have had a team working on this pretty much all day :thankyou: ...and here is what we have. (And we now have a reference file of backpacks for most of the teams, so don't hesitate to ask if you need one!)

For comparison, here are some of the F/F teams backpacks.

We don't have a good one of team RED yet...still looking.

And here is team Limegreen:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2010, 08:40:56 PM »
The M/M team is Team Nassau, correct?

Uppsala is a quick train ride from Arlanda.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #355 on: June 06, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »

That is Connor and Jonathan, I have no idea who Team Nassau is?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #356 on: June 06, 2010, 08:56:50 PM »

That is Connor and Jonathan, I have no idea who Team Nassau is?? ???

Yes, I refer to the Princeton grads are Team Nassau. IDK, someone else on the forum calls them that.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #357 on: June 06, 2010, 09:07:56 PM »
Team Nassoons maybe, which is the Princeton a capella singing group they belong to.

http://www.princeton.edu/~nassoons/

There is no team Nassau. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

AmazingDT

« Reply #358 on: June 06, 2010, 09:11:58 PM »
the backpacks look like team lime green but the hair doesnt seem to be blonde
im guessing its probably red

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #359 on: June 06, 2010, 09:17:04 PM »
They look like try to find conncet flight.Maybe fly to somewhere in sweden?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2010, 09:24:43 PM »

My guess is that they were either totally lost in the terminal (hard to do with all the signs) or were looking for a connecting flight.

So I do think they will leave Stockholm (SPEC) but I wish they would use a train or a ferry.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2010, 09:28:25 PM »

My guess is that they were either totally lost in the terminal (hard to do with all the signs) or were looking for a connecting flight.

So I do think they will leave Stockholm (SPEC) but I wish they would use a train or a ferry.

A leg in northern Sweden (Lulea) and then one in northern Finland (Rovaniemi) would be amazing. Though if that happened, then there would be no need for the second sighting in Stockholm, but since there was, I have no idea.  :lol:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2010, 09:31:13 PM »
I guess 7 teams fly to Russia.
Since England-Ghana(1)-Ghana(2)-Sweden(1)-Sweden(2)-Russia,contain one non-emilination leg...

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2010, 09:33:23 PM »
If the teams arrived in Stockholm on LH 3000 at 9.45am, they should be in absolutely no hurry to get onto the connecting flight to Tallinn (departing at 12.30pm) or Reykjavik (departing at 2.10pm). All other countries in Europe (I checked all 49) are better served from Frankfurt than from Stockholm. These clues strongly suggest that Sweden is the final destination country (even if Stockholm is not the final destination city), at least for Leg 4.

What I hope to see, though, is that teams travel overland (or over-sea) for Leg 5, ending up in Norway, or better yet, Denmark. Getting from these two countries to St Petersburg on 5 Jun does require a connection in Stockholm. (Riga and Helsinki, on the other hand, do not.) The timeline suggests that Legs 4 and 5 might not be too geographically close to one another, if the extra day was not a result of Eyjafjallajokull screwing things up...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 09:38:06 PM by Neobie »

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2010, 09:39:55 PM »
If the teams arrived in Stockholm on LH 3000 at 9.45am, they should be in absolutely no hurry to get onto the connecting flight to Tallinn (departing at 12.30pm) or Reykjavik (departing at 2.10pm). All other countries in Europe (I checked all 49) are better served from Frankfurt than from Stockholm. These clues strongly suggest that Sweden is the final destination country (even if Stockholm is not the final destination city), at least for Leg 4.

What I hope to see, though, is that teams travel overland (or over-sea) for Leg 5, ending up in Norway, or better yet, Denmark. Getting from these two countries to St Petersburg on 5 Jun does require a connection in Stockholm. (Riga and Helsinki, on the other hand, do not.) The timeline suggests that Legs 4 and 5 might not be too geographically close to one another, if the extra day was not a result of Eyjafjallajokull screwing things up...

The teams have to clear customs in Frankfurt, so I don't know if LH3000 gives them enough time to make the connection. I suspect they might have been on the next flight LH 3002 DEP 9:55am ARR 11:51am

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #365 on: June 06, 2010, 10:15:49 PM »
I think they're just tinted from being behind the glass.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #366 on: June 06, 2010, 10:50:08 PM »

I can't see them backtracking west to other countries, but I can see them taking a ferry to the island of Visby.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #367 on: June 06, 2010, 10:59:53 PM »

I can't see them backtracking west to other countries, but I can see them taking a ferry to the island of Visby.

You mean the island of Gotland.  Visby is the island's largest town.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #368 on: June 06, 2010, 11:01:31 PM »
I am waiting for an answer to the tweet link, mjriches??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #369 on: June 06, 2010, 11:20:21 PM »

do you mean facebook post.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #370 on: June 06, 2010, 11:47:45 PM »

do you mean facebook post.

Yes, guess I do...but you put Twitter :lol:

But nvm...I have it now.

You might want to check your messages more often though! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #371 on: June 07, 2010, 12:44:21 AM »
I think they fly to Moscow since no flight to Asia countries  fit at st. petersburg airport.

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #372 on: June 07, 2010, 12:53:55 AM »

I definately think it is team lime green.

Look at the pic of team lime green in the contestant thread, the way the girl on the left is standing.   Looks like her running closest to the camera.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #373 on: June 07, 2010, 12:56:35 AM »

I definately think it is team lime green.

Look at the pic of team lime green in the contestant thread, the way the girl on the left is standing.   Looks like her running closest to the camera.
I do, too.  I just said I thought they were tinted due to the tinted glass.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #374 on: June 07, 2010, 01:21:11 AM »
I think they fly to Moscow since no flight to Asia countries  fit at st. petersburg airport.
Munich, Frankfurt and Moscow are the 3 destinations flown from St Petersburg between 5am and 7am. They have had at least 1 back to back in same country legs (Ghana), and quite possibly Sweden also, so they may or may not have yet another back to back legs in Russia. If they flew to either of the German airports, they could pretty much fly onwards to anywhere...