Author Topic: TAR 17 Speculation  (Read 344683 times)

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: TAR 17 Speculation
« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2010, 01:16:28 PM »
Updated Speculated Timeline:

5/26-5/27: Boston to Salisburg, UK
5/28-5/29: Accra, Ghana
5/30: Kakum National Park, Ghana
5/31-6/1: Capri, Italy

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »
Updated Speculated Timeline:

5/31-6/1: Capri, Italy

Correct me if I'm wrong.
If the sighting in Accra airport on the evening of May 31 is correct - they may have taken the flight to Frankfurt ( LH 567 Lufthansa scheduled arrive: 06:30 Actual arrive: 06:38)  which hooks them up nicely with a flight from Frankfurt to Naples - (LH 4080 Lufthansa    Scheduled depart: 07:45 Actual depart: 07:57 )

From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2010, 04:02:36 PM »
More re Italy in response to Q's:

June 2, mostly around 4 o'clock. I could not see how the teams arrived because i was by the actual grotto not at the dock where their boats left from. They didnt stay in the cave for more then 10 minutes im assuming they just had to go in and get their clue. Although one team member did come out wet for each team. No im sorry i do not have any pictures but there was media around so i could check local newspapers if you would like? Nope i do not mind you sharing the info im happy to help! It was my dream to go on this show.

So if this is real, did they fly into Rome or Naples?

One of the possible flights was from Accra, Ghana to Rome, but they could have been en route to Naples, too.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2010, 04:24:24 PM »

June 2, mostly around 4 o'clock. I could not see how the teams arrived because i was by the actual grotto not at the dock where their boats left from. They didnt stay in the cave for more then 10 minutes im assuming they just had to go in and get their clue. Although one team member did come out wet for each team. No im sorry i do not have any pictures but there was media around so i could check local newspapers if you would like? Nope i do not mind you sharing the info im happy to help! It was my dream to go on this show.

One of the possible flights was from Accra, Ghana to Rome, but they could have been en route to Naples, too.
The Accra -> Rome flight was if they left Accra on June 1. There was no direct flight to Rome if they left on May 31.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2010, 08:18:08 PM »

The Accra -> Rome flight was if they left Accra on June 1. There was no direct flight to Rome if they left on May 31.

Iam guessing they flew Accra-Frankfurt-Naples via Lufthansa

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #330 on: June 04, 2010, 04:22:28 AM »
If the sighting in Accra airport on the evening of May 31 is correct - they may have taken the flight to Frankfurt ( LH 567 Lufthansa scheduled arrive: 06:30 Actual arrive: 06:38)  which hooks them up nicely with a flight from Frankfurt to Naples - (LH 4080 Lufthansa    Scheduled depart: 07:45 Actual depart: 07:57 )

Considering that the blog sighting seems legit, I am now assuming a return to Italy, which I believe consistently produces TAR's best legs.  :wohoo:

To expand upon my past timeline, it appears that teams arrived in Naples on June 1st for a leg.
However, the Capri sighting was dated 4:00 P.M. on June 2nd. Capri is a 40-80 minute ferry ride from Naples, so I would like to speculate the 4th leg was in Naples and that the 5th leg was in Capri.

5/31-6/1: Naples, Italy
6/2: Capri, Italy

Though these are all new destinations and I applaud the producers for not rehashing, TAR should visit more countries on its route or it may face backlash from some viewers...

P.S. I do think that there is an extended pit stop after Leg 5, and that teams should be in transit currently. They probably returned to Naples for flights.

P.S.S. I think Ghana is our only African country. Oh well!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 04:34:05 AM by Caelestor »

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #331 on: June 04, 2010, 01:07:57 PM »
If the sighting in Accra airport on the evening of May 31 is correct - they may have taken the flight to Frankfurt ( LH 567 Lufthansa scheduled arrive: 06:30 Actual arrive: 06:38)  which hooks them up nicely with a flight from Frankfurt to Naples - (LH 4080 Lufthansa    Scheduled depart: 07:45 Actual depart: 07:57 )

Considering that the blog sighting seems legit, I am now assuming a return to Italy, which I believe consistently produces TAR's best legs.  :wohoo:

To expand upon my past timeline, it appears that teams arrived in Naples on June 1st for a leg.
However, the Capri sighting was dated 4:00 P.M. on June 2nd. Capri is a 40-80 minute ferry ride from Naples, so I would like to speculate the 4th leg was in Naples and that the 5th leg was in Capri.

5/31-6/1: Naples, Italy
6/2: Capri, Italy

Though these are all new destinations and I applaud the producers for not rehashing, TAR should visit more countries on its route or it may face backlash from some viewers...

P.S. I do think that there is an extended pit stop after Leg 5, and that teams should be in transit currently. They probably returned to Naples for flights.

P.S.S. I think Ghana is our only African country. Oh well!

Maybe not!  They could return to Africa like to Tanzania.  The race had only visited this country twice.  TAR5 (Kilamanjaro) and TAR11 (Zanzibar/Dar es Salaam).  They could visit Dodoma, Mwanza, or return to Dar es Salaam and do a leg there.  It could be a possibility. 

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #332 on: June 04, 2010, 01:46:52 PM »
Well, TAR doesn't reuse African countries often. There are only 3 exceptions: S. Africa, Morocco, and Tanzania.

Personally, I'm expecting Belgrade/Sofia, but Cairo/Alexandria is feasible.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #333 on: June 05, 2010, 04:46:59 PM »
Why don't you read over the last few posts and you will see the sighting information?  It is a courtesy to your fellow posters to read the thread before you ask questions.

And this is a work in progress...we have two sightings in Stockholm airport now that nicely bookmark arrival and departure if they are correct. AND we have Phil in a place where he can spend some time on the Internet, suggesting an extended Pitstop. Our work is just beginning.

So let's go to speculation with further discussion, and maybe some of you all can start trying to research Stockholm photos, blogs etc for us?? :yess:

The first Stockholm sighting was around the 2nd?  The most current one was today?  Between these places, did they do 2 legs in Sweden the??
 :duno:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #334 on: June 05, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »
Why don't you read over the last few posts and you will see the sighting information?  It is a courtesy to your fellow posters to read the thread before you ask questions.

And this is a work in progress...we have two sightings in Stockholm airport now that nicely bookmark arrival and departure if they are correct. AND we have Phil in a place where he can spend some time on the Internet, suggesting an extended Pitstop. Our work is just beginning.

So let's go to speculation with further discussion, and maybe some of you all can start trying to research Stockholm photos, blogs etc for us?? :yess:

The first Stockholm sighting was around the 2nd?  The most current one was today?  Between these places, did they do 2 legs in Sweden the??
 :duno:

I thought some of our posters might need a reminder of what it means to "Take it to Speculation."

So here it is.  Quote the spoiler you want to respond to, then copy the entire quote.  Then navigate to the Speculation thread, and paste the quote into the reply box.

Voila!  Now your reply is in the correct thread.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #335 on: June 05, 2010, 09:38:48 PM »
I don't think they went to Stockholm since they have  been there in S15.
Maybe they went to Uppsala?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 09:41:58 PM by weihen »

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #336 on: June 05, 2010, 10:11:42 PM »
I don't think they went to Stockholm since they have  been there in S15.
Maybe they went to Uppsala?

Maybe Kiruna/Lapland or Gothenburg, even Gotland.

Offline Seattlite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #337 on: June 05, 2010, 11:30:54 PM »
I am sitting here in London trying to figure out when they might be leaving St. Petersberg.  I am heading home tomorrow and will have about 4 hours in terminal 5 to watch out for them.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #338 on: June 06, 2010, 12:15:40 AM »
Just a little speculation on the finish line of Amazing Race 17.......

Two possibilities if TAR17 follows pattern of TAR16.....

#1...
American Stonehenge
Salem, New Hampshire
approximately 35 miles from Logan International Airport
Boston, Mass

Georgia Guidestones
Elberton, Georgia
approximately 130 miles from Hartsfield International Airport
Atlanta, Georgia

I truly hope, for GeorgiaPeach's sake....it is the latter.

JUST SPECULATION
Matthew 7:15

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #339 on: June 06, 2010, 12:16:58 AM »
I think Australia is very possible because I don't think they will go to 4 Asia coustries.
England,Ghana,Sweden,Russia...then I think will go to Asia coustries.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #340 on: June 06, 2010, 12:43:49 AM »
I think Australia is very possible because I don't think they will go to 4 Asia coustries.

What Asian countries they haven't visited yet that is safe?

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #341 on: June 06, 2010, 01:01:28 AM »

Bangladesh. TAR is on an Indian dry spell due to travel alerts, so I think Dhaka is a very possible destination.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #342 on: June 06, 2010, 01:04:45 AM »

Bangladesh. TAR is on an Indian dry spell due to travel alerts, so I think Dhaka is a very possible destination.

Laos, Maldives, Brunei, Indonesia possible?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #343 on: June 06, 2010, 02:30:06 AM »

Laos, Maldives, Brunei, Indonesia possible?

I would love Indonesia, but it is quite unsafe at the moment due to terror threats. Brunei is possible, Laos would be hell to fly there (plus most common connections are through Thailand, if the yellow/red shirts shut down the airport?), Maldives unlikely, too remote. 

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #344 on: June 06, 2010, 02:49:29 AM »
I now understand why TAR didn't visit Belgium: There's a major split between the French-speaking South and the Flemish-North. Slight chaos going on there with all the elections.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #345 on: June 06, 2010, 02:53:48 AM »
Whoa the race route is quite frantic this season, from Europe to Africa back to Europe again. I would've thought they'd proceed to the Middle East from Africa. Maybe they went back to Europe as Plan B because of the current Middle East problems?
From Russia they can go to one of the Central Asian countries (Tajikistan or Turkmenistan are not in the Travel Warning list, or they could come back to Kazakhstan or Mongolia). There's a travel warning to India & Philippines, Thailand is having problems in the capital, China's been in the last season, Sri Lanka's travel warning was only recently cancelled (but too late for race planning). So either to Central Asia or Japan, Vietnam, South Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Macau.
Agree about Laos, although this could still be a race destination, if they travel overland from say, Vietnam. I think the problems are just concentrated in Bangkok.

ETA: direct flights from St.Petersburg international airport (Pulkovo-2) to Asian countries are to Almaty (Kazakhstan), Beijing, Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan), Istanbul, Seoul, Tokyo, Tel Aviv.
Istanbul, Tel Aviv & Bishkek are highly unlikely, so...
But via Moscow, there are more possibilities.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 03:25:26 AM by krabbe »

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #346 on: June 06, 2010, 02:59:12 AM »
China is still possible since they came to China in TAR10,TAR11,
 and came to India in TAR12,TAR13,TAR14.
If they come to China again ,I  hope they don't visit those cities they have visited so many times.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #347 on: June 06, 2010, 03:29:09 AM »
China is the new India!  :lol:
Yeah, if they ended up visiting China again, I do hope they go to new places like Urumqi or Shangrila.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #348 on: June 06, 2010, 08:15:38 AM »
China is the new India!  :lol:
Yeah, if they ended up visiting China again, I do hope they go to new places like Urumqi or Shangrila.

Even Russia is becoming the new India! Two legs in each of TARs 13 & 14, and now again this season. :groan:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #349 on: June 06, 2010, 09:57:31 AM »
Sri Lanka was safe in the South; TAR 6 (back when the producers were bold) thus visited half the island. I still don't think TAR would want to go back; it feels like one of those one-time countries.

Chiang Mai and Bangkok are both in chaos, so yeah, no Thailand.

I'm less surprised that TAR went to Russia and more interested they apparently had 2 legs in Sweden again. I see Uppsala as a possible destination.