Archive > The Amazing Race 17 Spoilers & Speculation

TAR 17 Speculation

<< < (177/177)

furybaby:

--- Quote from: slayton on December 12, 2010, 05:07:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: furybaby on December 12, 2010, 04:43:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: slayton on December 12, 2010, 03:01:43 PM ---

I only care about what happens in the show itself.  

I don't care about promos and I don't care about any of the teams this season.  

I am impartial to all of the TAR17 teams, and I am not basing my speculation on emotion or wishful thinking.  I am only basing my analysis on recent trends by the show's editors that I have noticed thanks to pre-show spoilers.

--- End quote ---

Either way, I disagree with ur opinion on editing
this season, in my case, they have shown the final
three competitors as MUCH as Nat and Kat  :cmas0

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

slayton:
It's not just about how much camera time a team gets.

This is what I posted on October 13 after only watching the first 3 episodes:

--- Quote from: slayton on October 13, 2010, 08:59:38 PM ---From the spoilers and watching the first three episodes, I would expect Nat & Kat to win the race.

Nat & Kat have gotten a lot of camera time, and they've been persistently portrayed for the past 2 episodes as a team that's in jeopardy of being eliminated, despite not doing anything particularly notable in either episode to warrant camera time.  The editors had a similar edit in TAR16.

I definitely take notice when a team gets a lot of camera time despite not doing anything distinctive.

In TAR14, the editors gave Tammy & Victor a lot of camera time and portrayed them as being in jeopardy of being eliminated, and played up their sibling squabbling, whenever possible.  The only difference between Tammy & Victor and TAR16 and TAR17, is that Tammy & Victor did actually do stuff to warrant camera time, whether it was something like getting lost in Romania or ditching Margie & Luke and Jaime & Cara in Russia.

--- End quote ---

If it was obvious to me 2 months ago that Nat & Kat would win after watching just the first 3 episodes, and also having spoiler knowledge, then I believe that the editing has definitely gotten predictable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version