Author Topic: TAR 17 Speculation  (Read 342675 times)

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
Re: TAR 17 Speculation
« Reply #875 on: December 12, 2010, 04:49:55 PM »
I think the show's editing has gotten predictable because it's quite obvious that Nat & Kat won.

From what I remember, they're the only final 3 team to get relevant face-time on every episode.  Jill & Thomas and Brooke & Claire were each non-existent for at least one episode.

At every possible opportunity, the editors emphasized Nat & Kat being in jeopardy.  Whether it was the sunglasses selling roadblock, the taxi-driver who wouldn't change direction before the commercial break in Ghana, or getting lost in Oman, it's the same thing that the editors did to Nick & Starr, Tammy & Victor, and Dan & Jordan.

I still remember when they were helping out the school in Ghana, Nat & Kat were one of two or three teams, and the only final 3 team, to talk directly to the camera while they were helping out. 

From the editing, it's a no-brainer that Nat & Kat won.

I disagree with that entire statement. I actually think you have it backwards haha.
And if ANYONE got a good edit, it was Brook and Claire, not that Im saying they will win. (Even though I hope so)

IMO- Finish order=

1. Nat and Kat
2. Brook and Claire
3. Jill and Thomas

Wishlist-
1. B/C
2. N/K
3. J/T

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #876 on: December 12, 2010, 04:56:04 PM »
My wish-list is as same as yours:  :cmas22

Wishlist:
1. Brook & Claire
2. Nat & Kat
3. Jill & Thomas

Finish Order:
1. Nat & Kat  
2. Brook & Claire  
3. Jill & Thomas
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:08:20 AM by AmazingRace »

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #877 on: December 12, 2010, 05:07:30 PM »
I think the show's editing has gotten predictable because it's quite obvious that Nat & Kat won.

From what I remember, they're the only final 3 team to get relevant face-time on every episode.  Jill & Thomas and Brooke & Claire were each non-existent for at least one episode.

At every possible opportunity, the editors emphasized Nat & Kat being in jeopardy.  Whether it was the sunglasses selling roadblock, the taxi-driver who wouldn't change direction before the commercial break in Ghana, or getting lost in Oman, it's the same thing that the editors did to Nick & Starr, Tammy & Victor, and Dan & Jordan.

I still remember when they were helping out the school in Ghana, Nat & Kat were one of two or three teams, and the only final 3 team, to talk directly to the camera while they were helping out.  

From the editing, it's a no-brainer that Nat & Kat won.

I fairly disagree, i think the editing for this season was fairly great. I don't think that just because
they had lots of screen time in Ghana nor other episodes mean that they won.
In the promo, Brook and Claire was featured in the entire promo,
so does that mean N/k AND B/C won?
Definietly not reasonable in ur thinking imo
but in 2 hours we will see ^_^

:idgit

I only care about what happens in the show itself.  

I don't care about promos and I don't care about any of the teams this season.  

I am impartial to all of the TAR17 teams, and I am not basing my speculation on emotion or wishful thinking.  I am only basing my analysis on recent trends by the show's editors that I have noticed thanks to pre-show spoilers.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 05:13:43 PM by slayton »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #878 on: December 12, 2010, 06:20:20 PM »
And the Sechorder [sic] family were screwed in New Orleans... no my friend.

Nat & Kat probably won, because they won the fast-forward... Season 15, Meghan and Cheyne won the fast-forward, they won, Season 16, Dan & Jordan won the fast-forward, they won... so Nat & Kat will also win.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #879 on: December 12, 2010, 06:24:35 PM »
Nat & Kat probably won, because they won the fast-forward... Season 15, Meghan and Cheyne won the fast-forward, they won, Season 16, Dan & Jordan won the fast-forward, they won... so Nat & Kat will also win.

I think that may just be coincidence. It dosent really mean anything

Offline furybaby

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #880 on: December 12, 2010, 06:32:54 PM »

I only care about what happens in the show itself.  

I don't care about promos and I don't care about any of the teams this season.  

I am impartial to all of the TAR17 teams, and I am not basing my speculation on emotion or wishful thinking.  I am only basing my analysis on recent trends by the show's editors that I have noticed thanks to pre-show spoilers.

Either way, I disagree with ur opinion on editing
this season, in my case, they have shown the final
three competitors as MUCH as Nat and Kat  :cmas0
Imperfection is beautiful.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #881 on: December 12, 2010, 09:35:27 PM »
It's not just about how much camera time a team gets.

This is what I posted on October 13 after only watching the first 3 episodes:
From the spoilers and watching the first three episodes, I would expect Nat & Kat to win the race.

Nat & Kat have gotten a lot of camera time, and they've been persistently portrayed for the past 2 episodes as a team that's in jeopardy of being eliminated, despite not doing anything particularly notable in either episode to warrant camera time.  The editors had a similar edit in TAR16.

I definitely take notice when a team gets a lot of camera time despite not doing anything distinctive.

In TAR14, the editors gave Tammy & Victor a lot of camera time and portrayed them as being in jeopardy of being eliminated, and played up their sibling squabbling, whenever possible.  The only difference between Tammy & Victor and TAR16 and TAR17, is that Tammy & Victor did actually do stuff to warrant camera time, whether it was something like getting lost in Romania or ditching Margie & Luke and Jaime & Cara in Russia.

If it was obvious to me 2 months ago that Nat & Kat would win after watching just the first 3 episodes, and also having spoiler knowledge, then I believe that the editing has definitely gotten predictable.