Author Topic: S20 Ep 14 "Anything Could Happen" FINALE  (Read 53254 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S20 Ep 14 "Anything Could Happen" FINALE
« on: May 16, 2010, 01:33:52 PM »
PRESS RELEASES:

THE FINAL CASTAWAYS DEFEND THEIR CHOICES AND LOBBY FOR VOTES FROM BITTER JURORS TO DECIDE THE MOST DESERVING OF THE MILLION DOLLARS AND THE TITLE OF SOLE SURVIVOR, ON "SURVIVOR: HEROES VS. VILLAINS"

As the final tribal council draws near, Survivors struggle to stay on top of their game as alliances crumble and everyone starts to play for themselves, on a special two-hour season finale.
A special one-hour live reunion shows follows, hosted by Jeff Probst.

Thanks to survivorphoenix.

Could someone put up the preview please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: S20 Ep 14 "Anything Could Happen" FINALE
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 07:16:14 PM »
I know this is super last second, but a few posters over at Sucks are fairly sure that Parvati wins the F5 and F4 immunity.

And this is from TDT re: the final 4 immunity:  'The final immunity challenge is a big challenge with a lot on the line,' said Probst. 'Everybody is wanting and truly feeling they need to win or they're probably going home. It's one of the closest finishes we've ever had. It was so exciting and so close, that it cut itself in the editing room. Our editors said it was the easiest challenge to edit.'

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »
Wow... That certainly saved her for the finals didn't it!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline nanaof4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 10:16:12 PM »
I am glad that Russell won the fan favorite, again.  But I think Parvati should have won instead on Sandra.  I still say that chick has no game play, maybe that is her strategy, no game play.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 10:21:11 PM »
Votes for Sandra:

Courtney
Amanda
Candice
Danielle
Rupert
Colby

Votes for Parvati:

Coach
J.T.
Jerri

Votes for Russell:

nobody

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 10:46:52 PM »
I am glad that Russell won the fan favorite, again.  But I think Parvati should have won instead on Sandra.  I still say that chick has no game play, maybe that is her strategy, no game play.

I agree, I think she should have won over Sandra. And I'm glad that Russell won fan favorite! Rupert's been on 3 survivor seasons, maybe Russell should work on his people skills in case he's asked to come back again in a few years.  :snicker:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 11:07:40 PM »
Sandra had NO gameplay? Thats bull...Clearly she did...and I'm both a Sandra and Parvati fan...and I dislike Russell!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 11:11:38 PM »
Sandra had NO gameplay? Thats bull...Clearly she did...and I'm both a Sandra and Parvati fan...and I dislike Russell!

Sandra admitted that part of her gameplay was sucking at challenges. Because that's awesome...

She attempted multiple times (and failed multiple times) to get Russell out. She never won a single challenge. And apart from Courtney, I never thought that she was close to any of the jury members.

So please explain to me, because I'm not seeing it. What was her gameplay?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 11:20:42 PM »
Sandra seemed to move from place to place thru the whole season, but its what she did in Pearl Islands, it seems to work for her, and her sucking in challenges actually takes a target off her back, however, I REFUSE to believe she did that on purpose, I think she just isn't good at challenges!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 11:21:41 PM »
I think with Russell playing such a strong and at times brutish gameplay people now see that as the real gameplay and that by laying lower, finding HII, not trying to win every damn challenge, trying to get Russell out but having Candice to contend with and managing a 6-3-0 win for another million is no gameplay. Sandra did play a good social game. She aligned herself in a good alliance but then found herself in the bottom because of Russell and then managed to pass through instead of Courtney. F9 she tried to oust Russell again but couldn't because Candice flipped. Found a HII and used it because she was worried Russell would capatalize and get her out with Rupert and Colby and then managed to make F3 by Russell-Parvati getting Jerri out. She had the age old winning strategy and that was not to make waves. Russell's strategy was excellent but he played and lied to hard and too much. Russell just won't ever win! I'm telling you Sandra and Parvati had better strategies for the long run. Sandra just didn't have a lot to work with like Russell did, remember she didn't have anyone going into F10 really. She did try to do some shifty work but couldnt!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 09:32:45 AM »
First of all, I hate the fact that Sandra won.  I don't like any coat-tail winners as they typically do nothing in the game and I feel Sandra is the perfect example.  I am a Russell fan only because I respect the way he plays the game.  I do agree he will never win because he can't figure out the social end of it but it's obvious there are a lot of fans out there that love him since he won the $100K again.

What I want to know is where you guys come up with the spoilers???  You were all spot on once again and my hat is off to you!  :jam:  I can see where you would figure out who goes home every week, but how do you figure out the name of the winner so quickly?  I knew from the very beginning that Sandra was going to win and it STILL drove me nuts last night to see it actually happen!  :groan:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 12:54:05 PM »
I believe this is back to Fans VS Favourites, where i felt Amanda deserve to win but she played a better game.. but heck, Parv worked her social game with the jury and won.

This is what happened this season. The fact that Parv didn't win, i believe.. has a huge factor that he is aligned to Russell. And the SOLE and MAIN reason why Sandra won was because SHE'S AGAINST RUSSELL. The jury hates Russell and who're they going to vote for to win? The one that's against him. And that will be Sandra.

In my humble opinion, Parvati deserved to win.. seriously. But i liked the fact that Sandra won. Because she was like the underdog and like it or hate it, she knows what she's doing most of the time to protect her back and the way she portrayed herself confidently in every move.. you can't take it away from her.

When Jerri couldn't grab that last immunity necklace.. it was game over for her. It was pretty obvious Russell wants Sandra till the end of the game cause he hates her and thinks she won't get a vote. BUT RUSSELL, you don't get a vote. THE JURY DOES.

IMHO, Sandra deserves.. a 100 million percent, to win this season. But Parv should have been the winner if it comes to who played the best game this season. But too bad, she chose to stick with Russell and that is why she didn't win. BUT then again, if she didn't choose to stick with Russell... she might not even make it past the jury, you see.

GREAT SEASON. This is the first time... that....... i <3 Survivor more than TAR. And i'm serious. I used to thinK TAR >>>>> SURVIVOR. But just for this Allstars season... i LOVED Survivor so much more.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »
I do not respect Russell game play because Rupert said it better at the vote.

He took the easy way out to cheat, lie and manipulate. You don't need to do that to get till the end. Look at Amanda, getting there twice without lying. Look at Danni, look at Yul, at Earl and some of the past winners.

You might say well.. Amanda didn't win. But hey, RUSSELL DIDN'T WIN TOO. So if you can't win by being nice nor lying cheating or manipulating.. so what's the point of being an evil villian? I mean, the world is already so ugly, you're just taking an easy way out to be nasty.

What respect should we give for an obnoxious person so full of himself ALL THE TIME to be EVIL? I don't get it. Sure he played one hell of a game. But he also made alot of hell happened as well. :res:

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 04:34:14 PM »
Some of my favorite moments from last night :)

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 04:44:19 PM »
In my humble opinion, Parvati deserved to win.. seriously. But i liked the fact that Sandra won. Because she was like the underdog and like it or hate it, she knows what she's doing most of the time to protect her back and the way she portrayed herself confidently in every move.. you can't take it away from her.

IMHO, Sandra deserves.. a 100 million percent, to win this season. But Parv should have been the winner if it comes to who played the best game this season. But too bad, she chose to stick with Russell and that is why she didn't win. BUT then again, if she didn't choose to stick with Russell... she might not even make it past the jury, you see.

I agree with almost everything you said. I think that Parvati was as much of an underdog, if not more of one, than Sandra for the first half of this game. No one wanted Sandra out. EVERYONE wanted Parvati out except Russell and Danielle. She was facing monumental odds to win again. And she STILL made it to the finals. You said that Sandra knows what she's doing most of the time to protect her back...so does Parvati. And Parvati was as confident as Sandra.

If Sandra didn't deserve to win as much as Parvati, then she didn't deserve to win. You either deserve to win or you don't. She didn't play the best game. Her social game was pathetic. Her villains alliance was crushed. Every attempt that she made to align with the heroes failed miserably. Her physical game was even worse. Survivor is SUPPOSED to be about who plays the best overall game. Ultimately, I do agree that Parvati probably lost because of her alignment with Russell, which is really unfortunate. The jury overlooked "outwit, outplay" and simply gave their vote to the person who was just there.

At the end of the day, Sandra still ranks toward the bottom of my list of Survivor winners. I don't care that she's a two time winner and frankly, I was kind of offended that Jeff even suggested that she is one of the best to ever play this game. I don't even think she ranks in the top 50.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 05:47:54 PM »
kittygoesmeow, you said,
Survivor is SUPPOSED to be about who plays the best overall game.

But really, Survivor has always been about who plays the best overall game in the eyes of the jury.

Even in Survivor: Borneo, Kelly won the last five challenges (four immunities and one reward) while Richard won only one individual challenge, yet the jury voted Richard the Sole Survivor by a vote of 4-3.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 08:54:22 PM »
kittygoesmeow, you said,

But really, Survivor has always been about who plays the best overall game in the eyes of the jury.

Even in Survivor: Borneo, Kelly won the last five challenges (four immunities and one reward) while Richard won only one individual challenge, yet the jury voted Richard the Sole Survivor by a vote of 4-3.

That's because Richard was the strategical mastermind behind everything that season. He absolutely deserved to win over Kelly.

And I was just quoting Joab, who said
IMHO, Sandra deserves.. a 100 million percent, to win this season. But Parv should have been the winner if it comes to who played the best game this season.

How does someone deserve to win if they didn't play the best game?

That is what Survivor is about. Outwit, outplay, outlast. It's supposed to come down to who played the best game of the season. Sandra was clearly outplayed and outwitted. Yet she still won. And I don't see how the jury saw that Sandra played a better game than Parvati. I really don't. I think it's ridiculous.

Offline nanaof4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 10:34:32 PM »
This is again a season that the winning votes were not for someone to win, but for Russell to lose.  Just as the last season, the girl(which I can not remember her name, because she was of no importance all through out the game) won because the jury did not respect her game play, they would rather give the million dollars to someone who does not deserve it, vs giving it to Russell.  Can you imagine if Richard Hatch played in this season or last, the jury would have hated him, Russell might have won against Richard.

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 10:40:29 PM »
I loved that Parvati lost. Hahahahahahaha

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 08:39:08 AM »
kittygoesmeow, you said,

That's because Richard was the strategical mastermind behind everything that season. He absolutely deserved to win over Kelly.

And I was just quoting Joab, who said
IMHO, Sandra deserves.. a 100 million percent, to win this season. But Parv should have been the winner if it comes to who played the best game this season.

How does someone deserve to win if they didn't play the best game?

That is what Survivor is about. Outwit, outplay, outlast. It's supposed to come down to who played the best game of the season. Sandra was clearly outplayed and outwitted. Yet she still won. And I don't see how the jury saw that Sandra played a better game than Parvati. I really don't. I think it's ridiculous.

It's ridiculous simply because you're rooting for Parv, it's that easy. You're pissed. :lol:

:lol:How did Sandra outplayed Parv? She literally kept buying over the heroes jury members at the last tribal council. Remember what was said last night from Colby? Luck is an important factor in this game, Sandra rode on her luck to not have been voted off and worked from there. If you're talking about Parv having a huge target on her back the first part of the game and she should have won, then you don't make sense. Why? The jury belongs to the second part of the game! It was Sandra who had a bigger target on her back when compared to Parv? You mean, nobody ever realized that actually Sandra has been all on her own all these while and the fact that Russell and Parv refused to vote her out = THEIR OWN DOWNFALL?

Sandra. Definitely. Outwitted. Enough said. :lol: She won the jury votes and that's what it counts.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 09:19:49 AM »
I remember when I saw the entire bootlist before the season even started and saw that Sandra would win, I was really disappointed. But Sandra really grew on me throughout the season, and I found myself rooting for her from mid-season onwards. I'm really happy that she won, and I think that she absolutely deserves it.

I don't think Sandra did nothing. I would see it as her preferring to stay away from the limelight. Which is a wise choice, letting others have the attention, letting others piss one another off and vote one another out and herself remaining safe. Yet she stepped up when she had to. She stirred up paranoia in Russell's mind the episode Coach got voted off and she got her way. Instead of being worked by Russell, she worked against Russell by trying to get him out but it's unfortunate that the Heroes were just too dumb. At the beginning of the game, she did mention her strategy of not treading on people's toes and giving her vote where it's needed. She did just that, she got to the end, and she won.

I don't think "better game" can be so easily defined in Survivor. Russell did play a heck of a game again. But despite this being a game, it involves people and people have emotions. Russell never really treated people with much respect. As for Parvati, I guess it was already difficult for her right from the start. Going in, she was viewed as a threat. It was either she aligned herself with Russell, or got voted off early. She did the former, and it's too bad people simply associated her with the ultimate villain.

Sandra might not have played a dominant game, but it doesn't mean that she's undeserving. Everyone has their own strategies. She had her own, she stuck to it, and it led her to winning. I think she really deserved this and I'm really happy for her! =)

Winner aside... I loved the finale! Loved it when Sandra burnt Russell's hat and gave a very matter-of-fact "no" when he asked if anyone had seen his hat. Loved it when Parvati was pleading her case to the jury and said, "I kept Russell as a pet" and Russell raised his eyebrow in annoyance. I really love this season, despite the fact that the bootlist was out long ago, the cast made for a really interesting and exciting season. Great season! :)
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 01:30:20 PM »
It's ridiculous simply because you're rooting for Parv, it's that easy. You're pissed. :lol:

It's not necessarily that I was rooting for Parv, but from my standpoint, I believe that she played a better game than Sandra. I always like to see the person who has played the best game to win. If they don't, I'm disappointed. When I first saw the boot list, I was disappointed that Sandra beat out Parvati (who admittedly, is one of my favorites) and Russell, but thought "Man, Sandra must have played one hell of a game to beat those two." After watching this entire season...I'm still disappointed.

If you're talking about Parv having a huge target on her back the first part of the game and she should have won, then you don't make sense. Why? The jury belongs to the second part of the game!

I don't believe I ever said that Parvati should have won because she had a huge target on her back for the first part of her game (if I did, please by all means, show me). I said that Parvati was a bigger underdog than Sandra for the first part of the game because everybody (on both tribes) wanted her gone, yet she still made it to the finals. Sandra (once again) flew under the radar in terms of how dangerous she was perceived. No one ever perceived her as dangerous. I don't recall anyone ever saying "We NEED to get Sandra out, she's too dangerous." So yes, Parvati had a much bigger target on her back.

Maybe it's just me being crazy, but I believe that Survivor is more of a social game than anything. And Sandra didn't really have much of one. Her attempts to turn the game around fell miserably flat. Some people even said they didn't know much of anything about her. One of her major moves was playing the immunity idol when she didn't need to. She won because people didn't want to vote for Russell or anyone aligned with him. She won because people FINALLY saw that she really was trying to get rid of Russell.

Parvati and Russell failed when they didn't get rid of Sandra when they had the chance. They should have kept Danielle and gotten rid of Sandra. That was their major downfall. And I can admit that. But I can't admit that Sandra, overall, was the best player of that season.

BTW, nice pic ;)

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 07:18:17 PM »
This picture is from Eliza's Twitter, LOL

Offline bostonfan

• RFF Jr. Member
  • dont do the crime if you can't do the time
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 08:17:52 PM »
Thanks Kitty for posting this.  I tried to get the link to post this on a couple of sites but couldn't

Absolutely hysterical