Author Topic: Top 3 "Judges' Choice and Contestants' Choice" Discussion  (Read 8868 times)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Top 3 "Judges' Choice and Contestants' Choice" Discussion
« on: May 15, 2010, 11:10:13 AM »
Crystal Bowersox - Maybe I'm Amazed (Paul McCartney) - Ellen DeGeneres

Lee Dewyze - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen) - Simon Cowell

Casey James - Daughters (John Mayer) - Randy Jackson / Kara DioGuardi

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2010/05/top-3-song-choices-revealed.html

Hmm. I thought that Simon would pick for Crystal. And I wonder why did he choose a song that's been sung previously in this season for Lee. Interesting choice, I hope Lee will really shake it up!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Top 3 "Judges' Choice and Contestants' Choice" Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 02:52:27 PM »
Crystal Bowersox - Maybe I'm Amazed (Paul McCartney) - Ellen DeGeneres

Lee Dewyze - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen) - Simon Cowell

Casey James - Daughters (John Mayer) - Randy Jackson / Kara DioGuardi

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2010/05/top-3-song-choices-revealed.html

Hmm. I thought that Simon would pick for Crystal. And I wonder why did he choose a song that's been sung previously in this season for Lee. Interesting choice, I hope Lee will really shake it up!

I loved the fact that Ellen Degeneres gets her own pick! Kara still gotta share with Randy!!!! :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »

I loved the fact that Ellen Degeneres gets her own pick! Kara still gotta share with Randy!!!! :lol3:

Love it too! Snort!!!  :lol3:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 11:46:06 PM »
^^I agree. It's like the producers don't trust Kara to pick a good song for the contestants on her own. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 11:28:42 PM »
I have to say that Lee stole the show tonight.  This is the second idol I have picked from the start.  I sure hope he wins.  He has grown so much over the season.  After all the idols in the past that have sung Hallelujah, I enjoyed Lee's the best by far.

Casey did a good job but he is no where in the same league as Crystal and Lee.

I'm sure hoping for a Crystal and Lee finale! :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 08:57:44 AM »
I am very worried and hoping that Lee doesn't win. All we can say is.. Crystal peaked too early? Lee only peaked recently and it's only recently that people garner more votes...

Oh dear... i really still hope that CRYSTAL wins! She has been the most steady and consistent performer all season.

Putting all of that aside, Lee was AMAZING last night with both his songs! Ellen was good with her song choice for Crystal.. but for her own choice.. I hope Crystal will stop singing those kind of song.

Okay and definitely... Casey is going home. There's not going to be surprises tomorrow.

STILL A BIG CRYSTAL FANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 10:29:55 AM »
Loved tonight! Simply because Lee was AMAZING, Crystal was great, and Casey was boring.

I don't think Casey's in it to win at all. Maybe Lee and Crystal have their rough weeks, but I can sense the fighting spirit in them. As for Casey, he just gives the feeling of being a yacht parked at the sight, whereas the other two are speedboats gearing for the win. I thought his performances tonight were alright, but the top 3 week isn't the time to be alright.

Crystal's first performance was steady, but it didn't impress. I'm just glad she did well with the second song. Kudos to Ellen for picking a great song for her! I was still worried before tonight that it wouldn't work out but thankfully it did. Yeah, Crystal picked to early. She's like Melinda Doolittle and David Archuleta, who were hot favourites from the start but ended up not winning. She might not win this time, but I sure hope she makes the finale. It's now up to America to put her through!

Lee's performances were just stellar. Loved his song choice, I really felt the emotion. Loved Simon's choice, he really did something different to it. I was puzzled as to why Simon would've picked that song for him, but he certainly knocked it out of the court with the song. I didn't wanna believe it a few weeks back, but now, I think that Lee could actually win!

It's between Crystal and Casey now, as to who goes home. But if all goes well... Casey SHOULD go. Come on, he has to.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 12:58:37 PM »
I still love Crystal but Lee stole the show last night with both songs. What's up with the full band and chorus that Lee got, did that help him?  :duno: (I say,
it certainly didn't hurt.)

Don't you love this comment? “It’s hard to sing a song people don’t know”   :lol3:  So next week we'll hear a song no one knows... probably written by the person who is quoted, Kara.

I agree with Ruth, I just don't feel like Casey wants to win. He'd be OK with it if he won but not if he has to work at it. At least that's my perception of him.

DialIdol has Lee and Crystal safe, I really hope this is correct. (And they don't pull the same deal with Crystal as they have the past 3 weeks, making it seem she wasn't safe!)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 09:42:24 PM »
Spoiler!!

Highlight with the cursor between the *s to read who  the final two are.

***The final two: Lee and Crystal! ***

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 12:11:35 AM »
It's no brainer that Casey is going home. American Idol has been pretty much easy to predict when it comes to the final 3 elimination. The less deserving one will always not make it.

But.. i seriously hope Crystal wins. I'm about halfway done, giving up with the show. And Crystal not winning will not help.

And... LEE is the new VFTW PICK!!! Yay for them recognizing CRYSTAL'S TALENT!! :hearts:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 07:14:26 AM »
It's no brainer that Casey is going home. American Idol has been pretty much easy to predict when it comes to the final 3 elimination. The less deserving one will always not make it.

But.. i seriously hope Crystal wins. I'm about halfway done, giving up with the show. And Crystal not winning will not help.

And... LEE is the new VFTW PICK!!! Yay for them recognizing CRYSTAL'S TALENT!! :hearts:

That is hilarious! They are afraid Crystal will win so they switch to Lee? They are such a bunch of losers, hating on people, however, I agree with you Joab, good for them recognizing Crystal's talent.

I hope she wins the whole thing! How sad was it when she asked if she was safe, I'm safe?  She was safe before and they made it seem as if she was about to be sent home. That was just wrong! Another reason I feel like the AI is finished after this season. It may limp on next year but unless they pick better judges replacing Simon and  Kara, it will be finished.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 07:39:24 AM »
I liked Crystal from the get go and Lee came in a very close second in my book.

I loved both of their performances on Tues nite. I think that Lee won over the crowd and VOTING viewers.

Although it was predicted that Crystal was going to win. i believe Lee will win,  but like Adam Lambert, I think Crystal will have a HUGE following and make more of herself.. the question is Will she allow herself  to become engaged with the fans and notoriety that comes with AI?  For some reason as the weeks went on it seemed as if it was all just too much for her.   It was nice to see her going home trip and engage with all those fans.

But i think Lee showed how much his popularity over whelmed him and i think that will be the deciding voting factor. He embraced it more so  than Crystal did IMO.

But remember this is only what we as TV viewers got to see.. so anything could be edited in favor of either contestant.

I think that ellen's choice for crystal was perfect for her. and simon's choice for lee was unbelievably moving.
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 08:27:26 AM »
Hate to say it, I believe that Lee will win over Crystal but of course it all depends on what they sing next week. I think that Crystal will go on like Adam and have a great career whether she wins or not. I'm OK with either one winning. Sometimes it's better not to be the winner. (I'm still pulling for Crystal though.)  :yess:

I think Casey will find his own niche as will Andrew and Michael. The kids, Tim and Aaron will both do well. OOPS! I forgot about Siobhan. she'll also find her way as well. Other than that, I'm forgetting the others but they didn't make a lasting impression evidently.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 11:04:59 AM »
I hate to say this but Lee seemed pretty much like a snob for me. Maybe it's just me, but his personality/character does not appeal to me.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 12:03:32 PM »
I'm glad that after a seemingly crappy season, American still got it right in the end. Lee and Crystal both deserve it and to me, this is the best final two ever because this time, I REALLY do not mind whoever wins. In the previous seasons, I always had preferences for one over the other but this time, I love both of them the same, both of them will do very well regardless of who wins. Although I think Lee will win. Just because he was once the underdog, but Crystal shone right from the start. Either way, I'll be happy with the result. Love the final 2! :)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 12:04:12 PM »
I hate to say this but Lee seemed pretty much like a snob for me. Maybe it's just me, but his personality/character does not appeal to me.

I don't get snob from him, more like shy and not a lot of confidence in his own ability. Which is refreshing but I'm not sure you can have a huge career if you don't have a lot of self esteem because self doubt will kill you.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 12:07:10 PM »
Ruth, I think you might have hit on something, we always like the underdog and has AI ever chosen the one who we perceived to be the front runner from the beginning?

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 01:20:57 PM »
^^ Yup TexasLady, as far back as I remember, Melinda from Season 6, David Archuleta from Season 7, Adam Lambert and Danny Gokey from Season 8... Neither of them won. But the winners of each season, Jordin Sparks, David Cook, Kris Allen... They all came out from the "middle positions" and started wow-ing the audience later. It's the same case with Lee. But seeing that VFTW has picked him, I've no idea what to expect now. Still think that Lee wins. Hmm.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 07:26:34 PM »
VFTW wanting him to win does make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 09:29:13 AM »
VFTW wanting him to win does make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I say give it to Crystal already!

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 06:56:20 PM »
I think Lee's shyness reminds me of David Cook.  I believe he also has the same fan base.  It really doesn't matter who wins they will both have a great career if they chose.  After last week's performances, I have finally started voting.  I haven't voted since David Cook won!   :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 09:27:47 PM »
But Crystal is just pure raw natural talent and she's real. Adam is, kinda unappealing to the masses. David A only appeal to the young girls and he's unnatural when it comes to interview. And Melinda... she doesn't appeal to the young people.

Crystal, on the other hand, appeal to young people like me, appeal to the masses, appeal to everyone.. how could she not be the winner!

Still a hardcore Crystal fan!!

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 11:33:35 PM »
I love Crystal too but not sure I would buy her music or go to her concert.  I would have to see what her music is rather than the stuff she has to sing for the show.   :duno:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 08:25:11 AM »
Crystal must win, but Lee would be okay too, I guess.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 01:20:07 PM »
Lee kind of bugs me. Similar to Adam and David Cook. I tend to find people I don't like right off the bat and then they ALWAYS make it to the end in just about every show I watch, including this one. It gets old after a while. Thankfully Adam didn't win last season!

This time, Crystal should win.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis