Author Topic: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?  (Read 43000 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Who Wants to Marry My Dad?
« on: May 18, 2004, 06:53:59 PM »
Who Wants to Marry My Dad?
Premieres Monday, June 21 10/9pm

As in the first season of the popular reality show, the adult children of a single father will choose among several women to decide which one would be the ideal wife for their Dad. This time, dad's an outdoorsman whose three grown daughters will be deciding his romantic fate! The returning series will include the outrageous "secret tasks" and popular "lie-detector" tests that helped make the show such a hit with viewers last summer.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/NBC_Summer/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 01:10:41 PM by puddin »

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
Re: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 10:39:55 PM »
I have to say, I liked the "Meet My Folks" show, so I look forward to seeing Marry my dad.  I would love to torture perspectives....
Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 06:37:24 PM »
Latest bachelor likes reality dating
LONGMONT, Colo. (AP) — The latest bachelor on the NBC reality show Who Wants to Marry My Dad? is a divorced delivery man for Frito-Lay who says he "can't think of a better way to meet someone."

Marty Okland is this season's bachelor whose daughters pick his new love from 13 women over a three-week period. Okland said he heard a casting call on the radio.

"I was ready for a new lease on life," he said Monday. "My girls are 29, 27 and 24. I was married for 27 years to a wonderful lady, and now I'm ready to find someone special. I wanted to give this a try."

Okland, 47, said he and his ex-wife are still friends and that she's in favor of the TV show. Of course, he had to run the idea by his daughters.

Daughter Nicole, who lives in Hawaii, told her father he would always wonder if he didn't try "and so I did it," Okland said.

He called daughter Brooke, the only daughter who lives in state, and asked her to drive to Denver with him for final auditions.

"She was surprised when I told her what I was doing, but very supportive," he said.

While the filming was exhausting, Okland said he also found it exhilarating.

"It was nice to see things from a different perspective," Okland said. "I can't think of a better way to meet someone. You're not being set up by friends or family or meeting at a bar."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2004-06-16-reality-dad_x.htm

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 10:18:25 AM »
did not see the first show.  Did the dad from the first one stick with the lady?  Are the daughters nice to the ladies or can you tell right away the ones they do not like?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 01:24:44 PM »
No Texan..I taped the show and will try to watch it later..found a recap though ;)I'll let you know how it was after I watch it..

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Who_Wants_to_Marry_My_Dad/

Season Premiere 6/21/04

This season, Marty Okland was introduced as the eligible dad who hoped that his three daughters would be able to select his perfect mate. The three sisters, Jennifer, Nicole and Brooke, were excited to meet the women vying for their dad's affections. One by one, the ladies arrived – and the three sisters were pleasantly surprised by the women's appearances and poise. To kick things off, the sisters read a letter from their dad that had almost everyone in tears! It talked about how much Marty was looking forward to the experience and how much faith he had in his daughters…and in finding love.

The girls had already devised a plan for their dad to go undercover and meet the ladies without any pressure. They told the ladies that they were going ring shopping, so that if/when one of them was chosen to marry their dad, he would be prepared! Little did they know that the ring salesman was really Marty! His brief interaction with each of the ladies gave him a chance to scope them out and ask them a few questions. Some of the women sort of ignored him, while others actually flirted. Afterwards, Nicole even commented that if things didn't work out with “the dad” she'd be coming back to the jewelry store!

Back at the house, the women were disappointed that Marty wasn't waiting for them. They were also disappointed to see the dorm-style accommodations, with only one bathroom! The next morning, Jennifer, Brooke and Nicole roused the ladies and told them to get ready to meet their dad. After scrambling for the limited bathroom time, the ladies regrouped downstairs. Instead of dad arriving, however, a messenger arrived with a letter for the three sisters. Based on first impressions, it read, they would have to eliminate two women on the spot! The girls were very emotional and said it would be a difficult decision. They briefly deliberated and decided that Tina and Debbie would leave, without ever meeting their dad. After the tearful goodbye, the 11 remaining women were surprised when Marty snuck in the back door to say hello. They immediately recognized him as the handsome jewelry salesman. Marty began by apologizing for the jewelry scam. He said he wasn't trying to be deceitful, he just thought it would be fun to have 5 minutes with the ladies while their guard was down. He mentioned that he brought each of them something special that they would receive later that evening. Jennifer, Brooke and Nicole had arranged a cocktail mixer that evening so that Marty could have some alone time with each woman.

During the cocktail party, Marty whisked the ladies off one by one to enjoy a slow dance, intimate conversation and to present each of them with their gift: a diamond necklace with their initial. After rejoining the group and toasting the evening, Marty was interrupted by the ringing of the fax machine! Jennifer read the note aloud: “The party's over. Tomorrow morning after breakfast, choose the two women who you think are the least compatible with your dad to clear the table. One of them will be eliminated soon after.”

Needless to say, breakfast was a little tense. Jennifer, Nicole and Brooke stood up and with tears in their eyes asked Layne and Sarah to clear the table. They brought dishes into the kitchen - - and discovered the lie detector guy! Layne was hooked up first and answered questions such as “Did you dye your hair before arriving because you heard Dad doesn't like blondes?” (She answered “yes” to that one.) Layne hesitated a lot before answering and failed some key questions like, “Are you just pretending to like us so we'll pick you?” Next up was Sarah, who seemed much calmer. However, her answers were also a bit troubling. For example, when asked “If you marry our dad will you flirt with our boyfriends?”, Sarah said “yes.” After both tests were complete, the three sisters conferred on their choice. While Marty sat holding both Sarah's and Layne's hands, the girls announced that they had chosen Layne to leave the house. Layne took the news like a champ and said she had learned something about herself through the experience. She said she hadn't even noticed Marty at the jewelry store, which told her that everyday her future husband could be right in front of her – she just has to open her eyes. Jennifer, Brooke and Nicole told the remaining women that each night Marty would be able to select one of them to join him for a nightcap and dessert. That evening, he chose someone who was revealed to be a mole! She was in fact Marty's sister-in-law who had been spying on the others this entire time. Who was she? Tune in next week to find out!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 02:00:10 PM »
wow seems like a good show.  Puddin you will have to update us.

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 08:33:27 AM »
I saw bits and pieces of the show.  Althought I didn't want to watch it (MamaBear had it on), it did draw me in.  It did seem pretty cruel when they sent two of the women home without meeting the dad.  Although having him "undercover" in the begininning was a pretty neat idea.

I was kind of put of with the fact that they are going to have a spy on this show just like on "The Bachelor".  Was a good idea the first time, but now just seems pretty unoriginal.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 12:21:08 PM »
Thanks Papabear ..I don't like this season at all  :(..boring ..I turned it off last night to watch VH1 ..40 Greatest Reality moments..it was great !

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 03:30:14 PM »
Episode 2 6/28/04

When we last left Marty, he had whisked away one woman – who unbeknownst to the others was someone Marty actually knew! Her purpose was to spy on the ladies and provide Marty with valuable information. This week opened with the other ladies in the kitchen preparing dinner for the family. Suzanne opened a drawer and discovered a note, which revealed that one of them was a mole. The mole, the note explained, was Marty's sister-in-law who had infiltrated the group to gather “inside” information. Well, the women started pointing fingers immediately! Most manicured nails were pointed at Marilyn, because she seemed to resemble the girls the most. She firmly denied any relation to the Oklands…but the suspicions hung like a dark cloud over dinner. After dinner, Nicole stood up and asked the real mole to please stand up. Marilyn stood up first, but quickly sat back down. Ultimately, quiet little Lola was revealed as the true mole!

Lola whipped out a notebook to reveal some of the “Intel” she'd gathered over the last few days. Here were some of the tidbits: Nicole once refused to marry a guy because he was allergic to her cats; Melanie doesn't like to date older men; Sharon really wants kids of her own; and Sarah has a potty-mouth, plus she thinks men are a “waste of time.” The table was shocked by the revelations. Moments later the fax machine spit out instructions to the three sisters – they had to eliminate one woman. The ladies went upstairs while the sisters discussed their decision. Meanwhile, “Aunt Mole-a” (as the girls renamed Lola) was sent upstairs to pack and she was not well received! Jennifer, Brooke and Nicole chose to eliminate Sarah. They felt that her previously poor performance with the lie detector combined with their Aunt Lola's comments were strong reasons for her dismissal. Upon learning the news, Sarah said that “life is a game” and that she just lost at this game.

Back at the house, Marty tried to lighten the mood and chose Suzanne for a nightcap. They enjoyed magaritas and talked a lot about the importance of family. Meanwhile, the Okland sisters got a fax telling them to turn on the television to spy on dad. They were more than a little freaked out watching their dad flirt and kiss!

The next morning at breakfast, dad sent his daughters away to the movies so he could have some private time at the house with the remaining women. Little did he know that his daughters simply drove out the driveway and entered an awaiting “spy van.” They watched as dad and the women had a pool party – that bordered on beauty pageant. At one point, while sitting in the hot tub surround by a bevy of beauties, Marty said, “Now I know what Hugh Hefner feels like!” Later, Marty stole each woman away for private mini-dates. He shared kisses with Melanie, Machel, Suzanne and Marilyn. Sharon, in a very odd strategy, tried inserting “You love me” into casual conversation. It was a feeble attempt at subliminal suggestion. Stacy seemed smitten, but wanted to wait to share her kiss with Marty. Hopefully, she'd get the opportunity. After the private time it was back into the hot tub. The girls soon returned and had been instructed to pick the two women they deemed the least compatible with their dad to go into the laundry room and get towels. The girls chose Machel and Sharon to retrieve towels, but they were soon faced with the lie detector instead!

Machel failed miserably! In one instance, the girls asked if Machel had made fun of them behind their backs. Machel answered, “No,” but got a big thumbs down! Next, Sharon took the hot seat. When asked if she really wanted to marry a guy who already has children, she answered, “No.” Not the best strategy! Afterwards, Brooke, Nicole and Jennifer said it was tough to choose because they wanted to eliminate both women…and they said so in front of the group! They told Machel that it was her turn to go. In an awkward turn of events, Machel said she was wrongly accused of lying and that the whole process was hurtful. She just kept pleading her case instead of exiting gracefully. Marty said that under the bizarre circumstances, inviting someone for a nightcap didn't seem appropriate. The remaining 7 women called it a night, unsure of what the next day would bring!

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 01:31:58 AM »
Thanks for the recaps here Puddin.  But what an awful show.  Making the girls watch their dad put the make on their future stepmothers just seems creepy.  Which network is in charge of this show --- is this a FOX show?  They seemed to have grabbed ideas from different shows to "turn it up a notch" as Emeril would say.  I rather watch a cooking show and learn to whip up some easy meals.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 05:58:50 PM »
LOL....beleive it or not its a NBC show..I hope its over soon..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 10:03:38 PM »
The daughters choose Sharon to leave..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 07:02:06 PM »
Episode 3 7/5/04

Marty kicked off the day's activities with a skeet shooting adventure. He said it was one of his favorite hobbies and he was looking forward to sharing it with the seven remaining women. One by one he gave the ladies a crash course in shooting at a flying clay disc. Marty joked that he had to stay on his best behavior since all the ladies would have a gun in their hands! Marilyn had a hurt shoulder so she was the only person who didn't participate. While the ladies practiced, a seemingly stray dog arrived carrying a message for Nicole, Brooke and Jennifer. The message said that if the ladies missed their next shot, a bad fact would be revealed about them! The pressure was on!

Nicole was up first and missed badly. Rover retrieved a message that read, “Nicole is so trusting, she once spent a night secretly parked outside her boyfriend's house to see if he was cheating on her.” She admitted she was out there for two hours. Melanie missed next. Her bad fact was that Melanie can't cook and has nothing in her fridge except ketchup – which she often eats by the bowlful! Melanie swore it was by the spoonful, not the bowlful! Suzanne was next in the hot seat. Rover's message revealed that Suzanne had to put up a new backyard fence to keep her neighbors from watching her nude sunbathing and Jacuzzi time. Marty didn't seem bothered by this at all, but Jennifer told her to buy a robe! Sharon missed her target and everyone learned that she has been engaged twice but couldn't “pull the trigger” on marriage. Sharon said she was engaged at age 19 and age 24. She also admitted that her second fiancé was someone she felt was her perfect match. Hmmmm….where did that leave Marty? Tammy also missed the target! Jennifer revealed that Tammy has told her gal pals that under no circumstances would she change her last name if she got married. Tammy nodded her head in fierce agreement, much to the sisters' chagrin. Stacy, also a bad shot, was revealed to be a bad hitter when it comes to marriage – having struck out three times! Stacy admitted she'd been divorced three times, but she said she married and divorced her second husband twice! Marilyn wanted Marty to take a shot for her since her shoulder was too sore. Naturally, he hit the target, sparing Marilyn from any embarrassing facts. Yet, as soon as he was done a phone rang somewhere and over the PA an announcer said, “We have an incoming fax!” Not even a public park is safe from the fax machine!

The Announcer told the group that since Marilyn won the bad fact competition, she would have a good fact revealed. Everyone soon learned that Marilyn regularly donates her time and money to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Back at the house, dinner was cordial until the doorbell rang! It was Rover, the dog from the park. The sisters received another message from their favorite pup: Eliminate one of the women in fifteen minutes. That certainly killed the upbeat mood and the ladies went upstairs to await their fates. Nicole, Jennifer and Brooke consulted with Dad before making their decision. He had concerns about Tammy and they had concerns about Sharon. Soon, they called Marty and the women back downstairs and announced their decision. Tammy had been chosen to leave! It was surprising since the girls had previously wanted to eliminate Sharon. Tammy was teary…and so were Marty and the girls. Nicole later said it was difficult to part with Tammy, but based on her strong reaction to changing her name she seemed unwilling to compromise with their dad. In parting, Tammy said that despite being rejected she wasn't going to give up on the idea of love.

Back in the house, Marty tried to lighten the mood and chose Melanie to share a nightcap. She was thrilled as they toasted to finding true love. The sisters watched via closed circuit TV as Marty jokingly presented Melanie with a giant bowl of ketchup! Melanie got a little sultry while licking ketchup off of her spoon, which seemed to totally amuse Marty. She later called him out on having obvious feelings for some of the other girls, which may have been why she didn't get a goodnight kiss!

The next day happened to be Marty's birthday. Nicole, Jennifer and Brooke worked with the ladies to decorate the house for a surprise birthday party. Marty seemed genuinely surprised! The sisters soon revealed a little party game. One by one the ladies had to stand next to Marty and say their name as if they were Mrs. Okland. Then they had to improvise about their relationship as if they were introducing Marty to a friend of theirs. The game gave the daughters a chance to visualize each woman as part of their family. Just as Suzanne was wrapping up the final charade, the doorbell rang! A messenger delivered two large boxes. Inside were foam fingers (like the kind you wear at a baseball game) and instructions. Each of the women would have to nominate someone for elimination by writing that person's name onto the foam finger. To reveal their choices they'd each have to “point the finger” at the person they wanted eliminated. Sharon went first and chose Melanie. Marilyn picked Nicole, saying that she knew her the least. Nicole in turn chose Sharon. Melanie pointed her finger at Marilyn, because she said Marilyn seemed uncomfortable. No one seemed exactly sure of what that meant. Stacy also chose Marilyn, saying that she doesn't play well with others. Suzanne tearfully joined the others in singling out Marilyn. In an interview, Marilyn said she wasn't sure why she was being ganged up on by the others. The three sisters excused themselves to make coffee but were met with a ringing fax machine in the kitchen. It read: Pick the two women you feel are least compatible with your dad and bring them with you to get the birthday cake. The girls did a quick consult with their dad before selecting Sharon and Marilyn. Dad had told them he had no attraction toward Nicole and that he wanted to spend more time with Marilyn, but somehow that didn't factor into their choice. Marty was also surprised when a giant cake was wheeled in and the lie detector guy popped out of it! Sharon and Marilyn were soon put to the test. Once again, Sharon didn't do well on the tough questions. For example, Brooke asked Sharon if her ex-boyfriend was still single and asked her to marry him would she say yes. Sharon said, “no.” But the expert said that was a lie! Marilyn, who had not been hooked to the lie detector before, was extremely nervous. The girls asked her if they could go on her honeymoon with her, and she said “no” successfully. However, when asked if she would try to change their dad after they were married, she said “no” and got a thumbs down signal from the expert!

After the lie detector session, the girls decided to let Sharon go home. Marilyn was obviously relieved, while Sharon seemed genuinely disappointed. Soon after Sharon left, the doorbell rang AGAIN! Some birthday party! The sisters were all smiles this time around. The girls introduced a man who said he was a Justice of the Peace. He said he was there to clue them in on a secret. The remaining five women were stunned (as was Marty) when he informed them that the show would NOT end with a proposal…it would end with a wedding! Marty said, “It's not April Fool's is it?” Tune in next week to see if that juicy tidbit affects anyone's decision to stay in the game. 

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2004, 08:15:35 PM »
I really so like this show... I liked the first one even better.. Doesn't it seem funny though how all of these families are so "perfect"... They all have nice houses and stuff...The dads are so nice though! Like overly nice... Very calm cool and relaxed...
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2004, 10:14:50 PM »
Melanie was eliminated tonight ....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 01:27:40 PM »
Episode 4 7/12/04

When we last left Marty and the ladies, they had just learned that their Marry My Dad experience wouldn't end with a proposal…but with an actual wedding. After the Okland sisters and the minister left the room, Marty admitted to the five ladies that the news was quite a bombshell. Later that night, Suzanne, Nicole, Stacy, Melanie and Marilyn remained calm as they discussed the news. Melanie admitted that she had gotten married within three weeks of meeting someone before! Little did any of them know that Jennifer, Nicole and Brooke were watching all the action via a spycam. Suzanne went over Marty's qualities. He's financially responsible. He seemed levelheaded. She was very impressed with not only his three daughters, but his sister-in-law as well. When she got to sexual chemistry, all she could say is that she hoped that was there! Stacy chimed in to say that Marty definitely had qualities that she'd never seen in a man before. The five ladies agreed that they should consider themselves engaged! Jennifer, Nicole and Brooke were blown away by the ladies' devotion to their dad – and relieved that all the women were so sincere.

The next morning at breakfast, the sisters revealed that the wedding announcement was just a test to see how the ladies would react! The girls and their dad were thrilled that all of the ladies had chosen to stay even after they thought they'd be getting married. Jennifer then told the group that the day's activity was trying on wedding gowns. Meanwhile, Marty would be at the tuxedo shop. The women were thrilled at the shopping excursion and had a ball playing dress up. Later that afternoon, each woman put on her favorite wedding dress and went to meet up with Marty for picture taking. However, before they got to the house a cop pulled the car over in front of a church. The officer peeked in the car and said that there were too many passengers. We know what that means! Elimination time! The cop handed Nicole a “ticket” telling her and her sisters to eliminate one of the brides-to-be. Everyone got out of the car so that the sisters could deliberate. Eventually they addressed the ladies and announced their decision. Nicole called Marilyn's name. But it was only to ask her to get back in the car! Next, she asked Suzanne to return to the car. Stacy got back in the car too, which left Melanie and Nicole waiting curbside in their gorgeous white gowns. With tears in her eyes, Nicole told the other Nicole that it was her turn to go. Not back to the car however, but back home. Nicole was shocked. A single tear rolled down her cheek as she said her goodbyes. In an interview, she said she had no regrets about the experience. The rest of the group took off leaving Nicole alone on the church steps in her wedding dress! Soon a yellow cab pulled up with a sign on the back that read “Just Eliminated” – complete with tin cans dangling from the bumper.

Back at the house, the four remaining women were instructed to go upstairs to write their wedding vows and express how they felt about Marty. The person that the sisters felt had the best vows would win a special romantic dinner with Marty. Stacy was determined to win the private time so that she could really get a sense of their relationship. Suzanne was totally confident that she had the best chemistry with Marty and Melanie agreed. However, Melanie didn't think Suzanne was the best match for Marty. Marilyn was excited but could feel that things were getting much more serious. When the ladies were done, they came downstairs one at a time to find Marty looking quite dapper in his suit and tie (no tuxedo!). Marty said it had been 27 years since he waited for a woman in a wedding dress. Suzanne came down first and took Marty's breath away. Her vows included telling Marty that she was “in a place she never thought she'd be, with a man she never thought she'd meet.” She also included that being with Marty would bless her “with three beautiful daughters” who have helped her to love Marty “through their eyes.” It was emotional to say the least. They hugged and snapped a photo, and then it was Melanie's turn. Her dress, with its plunging neckline, brought a huge smile to Marty's face. She began to cry as the first words escaped her lips. She told Marty that she saw in him compassion and a desire to meet the needs of those he holds dear to his heart. Marilyn arrived next and seemed nervous despite Marty planting a big kiss on her cheek. She asked if she could hold his hand and he tried to calm her nerves as she spoke. She stopped repeatedly to regain her composure, but did say that he was the “most precious man” that she knew and that he was her “angel.” Marilyn's emotional vows surprised Brooke, who said that up to that point Marilyn had seemed timid and quiet. Finally it was Stacy's turn. She looked deep into Marty's eyes and told him that the vows she was about to say came from her heart. She was very poised as she asked Marty to take her hand and never let go. Marty kissed the bride…his first kiss with Stacy. Nicole said it should go down in history as one of the most romantic moments ever. Once Stacy left, Marty said, “Okay I'm ready for the next lady.” He had no idea Nicole had been sent home earlier in the day. In a later interview, Mary called Nicole a “beautiful and sincere woman” whom he had a connection with since day one.

The sisters chose Stacy for a private date with their dad, which seemed to shock Suzanne. Stacy and Marty toasted “things worth waiting for” and enjoyed a very romantic, candlelit meal – and a few more kisses. They rejoined the group for dessert, but were soon interrupted by the fax machine. Two more women had to face the lie detector, and the sisters needed help making the decision. They pulled their dad aside and asked him who he would propose to between Melanie and Marilyn. He said he felt comfortable in a friendship way with Melanie. “What about Suzanne and Marilyn?” they asked. Marty said he definitely needed more time with Suzanne. The girls chose Marilyn and Melanie to face the music by meeting the lie detector guy downstairs at the piano. The girls asked Marilyn if she truly meant everything she said in her wedding vows. She replied positively and got a big thumbs up. It was Melanie's first trip to the lie detector. When asked if she was falling in love with Marty, she said, “yes.” Thumbs up! The sisters now had to eliminate one more great lady.

Obviously the stakes had been raised to a new level. Jennifer said she adored all the ladies, including the two that completed the lie detector test. Brooke shed tears as she explained how much she was dreading eliminating the person they chose. Then she told Melanie it was time for her to leave. Melanie took it on the chin, which further impressed Marty. Everybody shed more tears as they hugged Melanie goodbye. Marty also tried to console his daughters, telling them he loved them and that he knew how tough these decisions were for them. Melanie, still in her white gown, grabbed her luggage and hit the pavement.

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2004, 07:11:18 PM »
Puddin- did you notice anything funny when they were saying their vows? I mean, they all cried but that one girl (I cannot remember her name) but she is the only one who made Marty and the girls cry! I think she will be the winner of dad's heart. I love this show so much. The guys on that show are so genuine!
Wendy Jean

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »

Marilyn is goneeeeeeee :-\..she was so upset..

Wendy..I think the daughters are evil..they get on my nerves and I can't stand looking at them..the contestants I like  :)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2004, 09:22:32 AM »
I thought they were suppose to make a decison last night.  Who got picked?  Or is there another week.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2004, 02:27:43 PM »
Nope one more episode Texan...I think next Monday ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2004, 05:27:26 PM »
Thanks  to the great writers at Reality TV Calendar

Who Wants To Marry My Dad? Episode 5
It's A Horse Racing, Bull Riding, Catfighting Zoo
Recap By Teri Sue
July 20, 2004 
Dad Marty's idea of relaxation is a day at the races. Horse races. We'll see later how his daughters like "racing" also. Fun afternoon watching and cheering the horses? Sure, why not. I did actually enjoy it. Of course, there's a hitch. My puns may be lame; but, I never promised a Pulitzer Prize piece. On the board which announces the racing results, we get a message. "The Ex Boyfriend Stakes". The women must pick the winner of the next race or a "bad fact" will be revealed about them. Naturally, the women fail in their attempt. So, all three are told to go out onto the track.

An envelope. OK, we know what's in it. Still a nicely placed twist here, slow motion as the women turn to see their ex boyfriends riding up on horses. These women really seemed worried or shocked or both. First up is Suzanne. Oh, Suzanne has never been subjected to the Lie Detector Guy, just want to bring that up for future reference.   
Suzanne's ex is quite the looker. Her "bad fact"? Are you ready for this??? Her ex reveals that she is a talker. Whoopee do. Oh well, hope the other women's "bad facts" are more tantalizing. Side note: The women are told they cannot make comments unless the daughters ask for them during the sessions with the exes. Suzanne keeps her mouth shut. Well, duh. Why not. Her "bad fact" is nada in essence. No friggin big deal. Now, to Marilyn. Her ex talks about her high hair maintenance. Taking hours to get ready due to her "hair". Her ex also offers up another tidbit. Seems Marilyn dated two different guys at the same time. Ahhh make that in the same day. Marilyn plays the coy and also stays quiet. Well...now, we come to Stacy. Thank You Stacy!! Her ex spews forth very quickly that Stacy passes a lot of gas. Stacy is stunned. Who the frick wouldn't be to hear that. Her ex goes right into a smug throw that she requires a rather large wallet to suit her tastes in dinners/wine, etc. Stacy does not keep quiet. She gives it back. Noting to her ex and everyone else would he care to tell the truth about how many dinners Stacy paid for. Go girl!! Spirited. Pleasant surprise. Of course the daughters had to repeatedly remind Stacy that she is not supposed to be talking. Translated meaning...not to mouth off...since it might distract from the "bad fact" and reveal some truths.

Next Stop: Individual Dates with Dad Marty. First up is Suzanne. A bike ride to wine country. Barefoot in the grape bin. Violin music to end the day with a kiss between Dad and Suzanne. Least that was all we got to see of the intimacy. Second is Stacy. A snowy mountain retreat. Cozy. Much more romantic atmosphere with Dad and Stacy all snuggled down in front of a fire. The sparks were evident. Marilyn was treated to some romance on the beach. Still not the steam evidenced with Dad and Stacy.

Time for Daughters and Women Bonding: Marilyn is treated to a country - western club. News flash. Envelope with "dirty little secret". Task: Marilyn has to outlast one of the daughters on a mechanical bull to avoid the "bad fact". Of course, Marilyn loses. Heck. Makes sense. The daughters had already indicated that hanging out in CW clubs is one of their favorite to do things. I imagine that mechanical bull had seen it's share of their behinds. Marilyn's bad fact: She had been married and divorced in the same weekend. Ouch. Ah well, we all have our moments of not so good judgment. Marilyn had hers at the age of 26. After the usual hard stares, shock on the daughter's part, uh huh, Marilyn asks for a "shot". I mean, they are in a bar. The daughters act like good buds in a flash.

Now to Stacy. This is fun stuff. Just not Stacy's thing as we see the pure panic on her face. It's drag racing for the average person. The girls love it. Stacy hates it. Here's my "again" back to the races comment. Stacy gets beat, naturally. But, at least she got the guts to give it a shot. The "bad fact"? When Stacy is trying to get rid of guys, she will pretend to be a lesbian. Stacy admits readily to it. Yep, she and girlfriends will act like lesbians when they are trying to diss off guys. The daughters ask Stacy if she really is a lesbian. Stacy, in her blunt, quick wit way, lets the daughters know she is not.

Off we go to an ice rink. The daughters take Suzanne to play hockey. Suzanne is the goalie and to avoid her "bad fact", she must ward off the pucks driven to her by the daughters. Six goals by the daughters and the fact is revealed. The daughters take their shots one by one. Suzanne holds her own...so, the daughters take measures to ensure their victory. They all hit their pucks at the same time. What do you think happens? The daughters win. That's a gimme. Suzanne's bad fact: She went on a $6,000 shopping spree and owns many many many designer shoes. The daughters do their obligatory grimace. Suzanne sums it up that she had to make up for a lot of nonshopping time in one spree. The daughters forgive and hug with Suzanne as she asks if they can go home so she can get a heating pad.
Next we are treated to a swimming pool scene. Fun in the sun. Then, inside for ice cream. Cozy, relaxing. Yeah right. Fax machine time. The daughters must choose the two least compatible for Dad. They take Dad aside and consult with him. Dad's choices are Suzanne and Marilyn. Soooo, he IS leaning towards Stacy. Wink...wink. Kinda knew that. OK it was obvious from the alone dates. The daughters do a number on dear ole Dad. They let it be known, in no uncertain terms, that THEY are doing the choosing. THEY are being considerate to even get Dad's input...but, the ultimate decision is theirs. Dad actually looks worried on this one.

The daughters then confer amongst themselves and proceed into somewhat of a "cat fight". One of the daughters is very much for Stacy being the ultimate choice. One is for Suzanne. The other is neutral.   
The two who have favorites storm out after telling the neutral sister to do the picking. It's pretty obvious that Marilyn will be one of the choices for least compatible, unless the neutral daughter says the heck with it and decides to teach her sisters a lesson. We could only hope for that twist. Would be fun.

Announcement is made after everyone is gathered together again. No twist. The choices are Stacy and Marilyn. Dad is pissed. Again he notes (to the camera only) that his daughters are going against him. Stacy and Marilyn are told to go outside and bring in the dishes from lunch. We KNOW who is out there. Lie Detector Dude. Yep. There he be.

Marilyn is first. Marilyn has been here several times. The daughters ask Marilyn if she is in love with the Lie Detector Guy. Marilyn just smiles. Remember my previous commentaries where the daughters resemble the Lie Detector guy? Maybe Marilyn knows something too. Now that we are down to just 3 women, those who take the lie detector test are doing well. It is telling that the emotions for Dad are real. Stacy's turn is next. She also does well. She flunks one question when asked if she likes Suzanne. Stacy answers yes. Thumbs down. Well duh. Suzanne has never been subjected to the lie detector test...told ya at the beginning of this that I would bring it up again...wonder how she would do. Stacy comes out of it proving she is in love with Dad.

ELIMINATION TIME
The daughters give a heartfelt speech. Dad comes up to them and gives them his blessings that he trusts them whatever their decision is. The daughters eliminate Marilyn. Tearful goodbyes. NOTE: A little birdie gave me pre-warning that I would shed a tear on this one. He was right. Still, my all time tear jerker was when Melanie left last week. As I have stated the music in this show is great! I would love a soundtrack of just the songs played during these goodbye moments.

PREVIEW
Tempers appear to flair between the two remaining women - Stacy and Suzanne. Go girls!!

Teri Sue, a 60s flower child, ex SWAT team member, Therapist, bringing those skills to Commentaries on Reality TV. Huh?... Hey. Anything is possible.. She can be reached at sunnydazekid@yahoo.com

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2004, 05:40:47 PM »
Duh- I knew she was a goner.... Who do you think is going to win? I think the blonde will win.... even though I think they're both a little weird.... oh well...  ???
Wendy Jean

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2004, 03:10:41 PM »
Who Wants to Marry My Dad? wasnt on last night because of the presidential thingy..the finale is next week..  :)()

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2004, 06:16:13 PM »
I saw that!  |:( It kid of made me mad. I was so amped for it to come on. We were pretty disappointed. But I cannot wait to see the finale. I truly do like this show. :)*
Wendy Jean

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2004, 09:44:54 PM »
Stacy was chosen