Archive > New & Upcoming Reality Shows

Who Wants to Marry My Dad?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Texan:
wow seems like a good show.  Puddin you will have to update us.

PapaBear:
I saw bits and pieces of the show.  Althought I didn't want to watch it (MamaBear had it on), it did draw me in.  It did seem pretty cruel when they sent two of the women home without meeting the dad.  Although having him "undercover" in the begininning was a pretty neat idea.

I was kind of put of with the fact that they are going to have a spy on this show just like on "The Bachelor".  Was a good idea the first time, but now just seems pretty unoriginal.

puddin:
Thanks Papabear ..I don't like this season at all  :(..boring ..I turned it off last night to watch VH1 ..40 Greatest Reality moments..it was great !

puddin:
Episode 2 6/28/04

When we last left Marty, he had whisked away one woman – who unbeknownst to the others was someone Marty actually knew! Her purpose was to spy on the ladies and provide Marty with valuable information. This week opened with the other ladies in the kitchen preparing dinner for the family. Suzanne opened a drawer and discovered a note, which revealed that one of them was a mole. The mole, the note explained, was Marty's sister-in-law who had infiltrated the group to gather “inside” information. Well, the women started pointing fingers immediately! Most manicured nails were pointed at Marilyn, because she seemed to resemble the girls the most. She firmly denied any relation to the Oklands…but the suspicions hung like a dark cloud over dinner. After dinner, Nicole stood up and asked the real mole to please stand up. Marilyn stood up first, but quickly sat back down. Ultimately, quiet little Lola was revealed as the true mole!

Lola whipped out a notebook to reveal some of the “Intel” she'd gathered over the last few days. Here were some of the tidbits: Nicole once refused to marry a guy because he was allergic to her cats; Melanie doesn't like to date older men; Sharon really wants kids of her own; and Sarah has a potty-mouth, plus she thinks men are a “waste of time.” The table was shocked by the revelations. Moments later the fax machine spit out instructions to the three sisters – they had to eliminate one woman. The ladies went upstairs while the sisters discussed their decision. Meanwhile, “Aunt Mole-a” (as the girls renamed Lola) was sent upstairs to pack and she was not well received! Jennifer, Brooke and Nicole chose to eliminate Sarah. They felt that her previously poor performance with the lie detector combined with their Aunt Lola's comments were strong reasons for her dismissal. Upon learning the news, Sarah said that “life is a game” and that she just lost at this game.

Back at the house, Marty tried to lighten the mood and chose Suzanne for a nightcap. They enjoyed magaritas and talked a lot about the importance of family. Meanwhile, the Okland sisters got a fax telling them to turn on the television to spy on dad. They were more than a little freaked out watching their dad flirt and kiss!

The next morning at breakfast, dad sent his daughters away to the movies so he could have some private time at the house with the remaining women. Little did he know that his daughters simply drove out the driveway and entered an awaiting “spy van.” They watched as dad and the women had a pool party – that bordered on beauty pageant. At one point, while sitting in the hot tub surround by a bevy of beauties, Marty said, “Now I know what Hugh Hefner feels like!” Later, Marty stole each woman away for private mini-dates. He shared kisses with Melanie, Machel, Suzanne and Marilyn. Sharon, in a very odd strategy, tried inserting “You love me” into casual conversation. It was a feeble attempt at subliminal suggestion. Stacy seemed smitten, but wanted to wait to share her kiss with Marty. Hopefully, she'd get the opportunity. After the private time it was back into the hot tub. The girls soon returned and had been instructed to pick the two women they deemed the least compatible with their dad to go into the laundry room and get towels. The girls chose Machel and Sharon to retrieve towels, but they were soon faced with the lie detector instead!

Machel failed miserably! In one instance, the girls asked if Machel had made fun of them behind their backs. Machel answered, “No,” but got a big thumbs down! Next, Sharon took the hot seat. When asked if she really wanted to marry a guy who already has children, she answered, “No.” Not the best strategy! Afterwards, Brooke, Nicole and Jennifer said it was tough to choose because they wanted to eliminate both women…and they said so in front of the group! They told Machel that it was her turn to go. In an awkward turn of events, Machel said she was wrongly accused of lying and that the whole process was hurtful. She just kept pleading her case instead of exiting gracefully. Marty said that under the bizarre circumstances, inviting someone for a nightcap didn't seem appropriate. The remaining 7 women called it a night, unsure of what the next day would bring!

Bathfizzy:
Thanks for the recaps here Puddin.  But what an awful show.  Making the girls watch their dad put the make on their future stepmothers just seems creepy.  Which network is in charge of this show --- is this a FOX show?  They seemed to have grabbed ideas from different shows to "turn it up a notch" as Emeril would say.  I rather watch a cooking show and learn to whip up some easy meals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version