Archive > New & Upcoming Reality Shows

Who Wants to Marry My Dad?

<< < (8/8)

puddin:
Interview with Stacy -
On August 2nd, the Okland sisters chose Stacy to marry their dad! Marty dropped to one knee to propose and Stacy accepted! We caught up with Stacy to hear how the entire experience has affected her.

How did you hear about the show and what compelled you to apply?
A casting crew was in Dallas, where I currently reside, some good friends of mine struck up a conversation with them in a restaurant. I agreed to interview with them a few days later and the process began.

Was your family supportive of your decision?
I have a wonderful family that has always stood by me. They were very excited. My daughter and I were the most reserved, fear of the unknown I suppose!

When it comes to finding love, what do you think are the biggest challenges facing single gals today?
I believe we are all looking for the same things: attraction, chemistry, trust and compatibility. It gets more difficult after 35 because in addition to everything else, you have to find someone who is in the same place in their life as you, such as, if they have children already or if they are waiting to start to a family.

What were your first impressions of the Okland sisters?
I was immediately impressed by their beauty and warmth. They are remarkable young women. They are each so intelligent, a lot of fun and they are very close.

What did you think when you first met Marty? Was there instant chemistry?
Marty is a very attractive man. Our chemistry developed quickly as did our friendship.

Was there camaraderie among the women or was it more of a competitive vibe?
At first, it was a big slumber party; we all had so much fun. As the numbers dwindled, so did our patience. We spent an enormous amount of time together so it was natural that it got more stressful toward the end.

Who did you initially think was your biggest competition?
Each of the ladies were beautiful and gifted in many different ways. Marty was very lucky, he really couldn't go wrong with any of us.

Out of Marilyn and Suzanne who did you think was your biggest competition?
They are both great women. Initially I felt Marilyn was the biggest competition.

What's been the biggest surprise about watching the show?
I have never been involved in any sort of media so just seeing myself was very surreal.

At the racetrack, what did you think when you saw your ex riding up on a horse? What did you think your bad fact would be?
At first I was completely shocked. Then I was relieved that it was Stuart, we are good friends. Then shock set in again. I had no idea what he was going to say.

Were you mortified by the bad facts he revealed and did you think it would hurt your chances with Marty?
I was more embarrassed than mortified. I didn't feel it would make any difference to Marty. It was all basically silly and harmless.
Tell us about the romantic, snowy getaway you and Marty enjoyed. Did you have any idea where you'd be going... and were you constantly worried about a fax machine going off in the middle of the woods?
I loved being up in the mountains. It was a great chance to spend some time away from the house, alone with Marty. It gave us a chance to relax and get to know each other even better. I was always on guard though. Certainly after all that had happened I would not have been surprised if Big Foot had walked up with an envelope!

When did you first realize you were falling in love with Marty?
I was very reserved and took my time in getting to know Marty, relatively speaking! We had a wonderful time up in the mountains and our ride home that night was when I realized how much I felt for him.

Tell us about those final moments when it was down to you and Suzanne. It must have been so nerve-racking! What was going through your mind as you waited for the final decision?
Had it have been Marty's decision then I would have felt more confident, but I convnced myself that the girls had chosen Suzanne. There had been so many twists and surprises that I was afraid to let my guard down and did not want to be shattered. It was then a big surprise as you could tell!

What have you been doing since the show ended (besides keeping a MAJOR secret)?
For the most part, I returned to life as usual. It was very hard [to keep the secret], especially in the beginning. Fortunately, Marty and I have seen each other quite a bit and have talked on the phone a lot. Being busy with work and family has certainly helped.

What's next for you and Marty? Are you moving to Denver? Have you set a date?
Marty and I are looking forward to spending some "normal" time together. Obviously, it is very important to me that my daughter meet Marty and the girls. I can't wait for all of us to spend time together. Marty and I are both starting new chapters in our lives and are discussing all options, it is a very exciting time.

What do you say to skeptics about finding love on a reality show?
I believe that anything is possible. People meet in many different situations so why not a reality show! It was a challenge to say the least but well worth it. I would do it all over again!    (#)  (#)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version