Author Topic: EP12*finale* East Coast updates and commentary please read the rules  (Read 113916 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP12*finale* East Coast updates and commentary please read the rules
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2010, 11:02:32 PM »
I was rooting for Dan and Jordan from the begining, I just never actually expected them to win! Sometimes it's nice to see a team win that didn't dominate most of the season and had to overcome obsticals more than once.

Per the bags: Jet/Cord did a lot worse this season than cutting in line. I believe the only reason they led in leg 2 was because they purposly lied to other teams about the train taking off.

I just wished that the teams remaining were competitive teams actually racing... Joe/Heidi, Carol/Brandy and even Steve and Allie. :groan:
Actually each of these teams also had legs were they weren't competitive.  There hasn't been a single team this season that from start to finish raced full out.  I miss that.  A lot.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2010, 11:17:05 PM »
Brent did threaten to quite after the Coconut task, right? Just because they did not have all their coconuts?
Yes he says he quits (3 times, all back to back), but He is still the driving force of his team in that episode.  Caite also says I don't want to play anymore.  Breaks down crying.  While Brent is the first to get to the stage pushes her to run faster, tries to get her to work the ox properly, gets back on the cart reading to go first and has to try and clm her down as well.

She was episode to episode more often the one that needed to be pushed to get moving, to interact with locals.  Sure she kept trying when she hurt herself (Brent did when he was puking his guts out), and when she was in good spirits did tasks well.  But if she wasn't, she nearly had to be dragged around.  She never had to do that with Brent.  The closest was her needing to stop a task for probably less then 5 minutes for him to go the bathroom, not because he was just depressed or mad.  Thats a huge difference.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2010, 12:35:29 AM »
OMG! I really thought the Cowboys won!

YAYAYAYAYAY! Dan and Jordan!
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline hallai

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2010, 03:20:11 AM »
Humm. Disappointing I'd say. But congratulations to the winners :)

I'm happy for me though, for someone speculating for the first time I managed to get things right by joining the info gathered by everyone. I expected the line cutting deal (yay I was right 50%!!) to change the outcome of the race, but it was pretty pointless. The memory challenge was .... geez ... lame. The Ep was pretty good up to the Tonga room. Rest was disappointing...

What's up with the RB thing? Unless both teams took a long time to finish the VR task, Caite could not climb it fast enough for them to arrive at the VR when the brothers were leaving. If she didn't, it means then someone can do all 13 RBs of the race and still win? That doesn't seem right.

"Teams pass each other back and forth all the way to the finish line" ?? Phil should have meant it in Shanghai, because in the finale they pretty much had the same positions they were when arriving at SFO (excluding B/C cab drive)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2010, 06:23:08 AM »
It's the end of the season and everything's over.. but fret not.. TAR 17 is coming. I hoped everyone enjoyed Singapore.. the source where the lesbians VS Caite bitch war begin after lesbians were eliminated.

It's the saving grace for TAR 16 for me... for Singapore to be visited. That's all. Still trying to lie to myself into believing Steve and Allie won. :lol:

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2010, 06:56:03 AM »
It's the end of the season and everything's over.. but fret not.. TAR 17 is coming. I hoped everyone enjoyed Singapore.. the source where the lesbians VS Caite bitch war begin after lesbians were eliminated.

It's the saving grace for TAR 16 for me... for Singapore to be visited. That's all. Still trying to lie to myself into believing Steve and Allie won. :lol:

They won... 6th place.

Offline HIIPERS GIRL

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2010, 09:10:17 AM »
Can anyone tell me whether 2nd and 3rd place teams will receive any amount of money?

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2010, 09:11:26 AM »
the cowboys won me over somewhere in the beginning of the race.  I'm sad that they didn't win. :'(

i did not like what the brothers did at the airport.  yes all of the racers did something sneaky but it wasn't IN YOUR FACE! I'm glad the cowboys kept thier cool!  and i thought it was funny as all get out when they were talking about "we can drop our gloves right here" while the brothers got thier tickets! :knuckles:

i thought the racers were only allowed to travel coach?? wouldn't upgrading your seats  be a violation of that? help me out here :duno: :lol3:

congrats to the winners and whinners!! :lol3:

btw ..  :meow: WTG lesbians!! nice way to show you are mature :angel: and above all of the drama!!!  :neener: hope you all grow up soon!!

ahh the beauty queen catie..  lets see what have i got for you.. ummm.. nothing you and your mean b/f  can  be happy with the way you both treated EACH OTHER!!  :ascared  I think  what we got to see was enough! have a happy!! :lol:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2010, 09:17:22 AM »
Yes. Dustin & Kandice revealed that they received a small amount of money for placing as the 1st-runner up. I believe Charla & Mirna received some too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_mkM_VS4I0

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2010, 09:22:55 AM »
OMG, Vote Carol and Brandy for the next AS2 (if there is  :(, still hoping  :'()

The peaceful finish was stolen by our villains.  :snicker:  :jam:

I love them to death!  :keeta:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2010, 09:34:31 AM »
2nd place gets $50,000 and 3rd place gets $25,000

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2010, 09:38:42 AM »
All teams receive some small amount of cash.  Typically it was 50,000 for 2nd, 25,000 for 3rd and that number decrease all to about 2,000 or so for the first team out if I remember correctly.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2010, 10:08:54 AM »
Ugot - on the question of travel, the teams must purchase coach class tickets, but may travel in another class if allowed by the airline.  In one previous season one or more of the teams even talked the ticket agent into selling them business class tickets for the coach price.  As long as the ticket said that coach price had been paid, teams may sit anywhere the airline will allow them to sit.

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2010, 10:47:14 AM »
Ugot - on the question of travel, the teams must purchase coach class tickets, but may travel in another class if allowed by the airline.  In one previous season one or more of the teams even talked the ticket agent into selling them business class tickets for the coach price.  As long as the ticket said that coach price had been paid, teams may sit anywhere the airline will allow them to sit.

I knew I could come here and have this question answered for me!  This just really bugged me all night, watching the show.  I was totally convinced the brothers would receive some sort of penalty for this move and was kind of disappointed when they didn't.  Have to admit I was rooting for the cowboys but was happy Brent and Caite didn't win.  What a whinebag she is!  Couldn't believe the lesbians acted like they did at the finish line.  Do they have any idea how stupid they looked?

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »
Thanks chill!! :hugs:

I thought i remembered others  from seasons past sitting some place other than coach.  but i also remembered that a team got penalized for it as well.  :iok

:lol3:  thanks again!!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2010, 10:55:52 AM »
:waves: BamBam !! :D i was waiting for it too!! i was like KARMA BABY!!

but oh well. the cowboys will be happy with what comes to them  for thier graciousness of their game place  :hearts:

and yeah nice way to give the  NICE lesbians in life a rougher road to travel ladies!!  :groan:

Brandy   :umn: just showed what really does happen to models/beauty queens as they get older!!   :meow:

Here's looking at you  Catie!!  :keeta: :lol3:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2010, 11:43:38 AM »
I really liked this episode.  I particularly liked the IL&M VR challenge.  I thought it was unfortunate, though, that Jet's level 1 goal was so close to Jordan's final goal.

When Jet and Caite were on the course later, it didn't seem like their goal locations interfered with one another.

I would love to see a video of the animated racers completing the course from start to finish.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2010, 12:19:31 PM »
The interesting thing is that I really liked both sets of brothers, both raced with about the same level of integrity. 

Jordan cuts in line (a move that didn't help his team or hurt the other in any meaningful way), Jet & Cord wouldn't let the cab help his fellow cab driver (that actually really helped Jet & Cord and really hurt Brent & Caite).

What killed Jet & Cord is Cord inability to understand (and Jet as well) that all the time they heard and saw Dan & JOrdan trying to read the clue, should have been a huge, huge help in figuring it out.  It didn't.  They lost a huge amount of time.

Brent & Caite, clearly you should have listen to Caite to get a driver who spoke and understood english better.  But Caite to leave your race packet, seriously they were literally seconds behind Jet & Cord at this point was an incredibly stupid move.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »

I thought i remembered others  from seasons past sitting some place other than coach.  but i also remembered that a team got penalized for it as well.  :iok

When did a team get a penalty for buying business class.  I honestly don't remember it.  I remember Reichen & Chip boarding but leaving a plane due to having bought business class, but I don't remember when a team actually did it, took that flight and got a penalty.

I am curious.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2010, 12:54:21 PM »

Per the bags: Jet/Cord did a lot worse this season than cutting in line. I believe the only reason they led in leg 2 was because they purposly lied to other teams about the train taking off.

What train in Leg 2?.....all the teams road busses to Puerto Varas. As I remember it, J/J or B/C never went to check to see if their bus left from that station....till it was time to leave. Did they ask the cowboys, who happened to check......did the cowboys lie to them?

My memory isn't that great at remembering the events of that leg. You are right though, it was a bus and Jet/Cord only with held information. The point is, it was a sneaky move and they were quite arrogant about it in their confessionals. For someone to say they ran a clean race is unfair. I’m not saying that I hate them for it, they took advantage of a situation and got something out of it. Dan and Jordan made a similar move by cutting in line and all of the sudden fans of the cowboys go around saying it’s unfair that they won.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2010, 01:19:26 PM »
To be quite honest, I thought it was quite rude of Cord to start barking out directions that were meant to confuse Dan and Jordan, before he even had the headset on to be giving directions to Jet.

I think both teams ran honorable races.  With all their early successes, it is quite surprising that Jet & Cord didn't get U-Turned.  It's a testament to their positive attitudes that they didn't.

Brent and Caite did a lot of whinging, but it will never measure up to Flo, so I can say they also ran a respectable race, and certainly deserve praise for their third place finish.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2010, 01:46:53 PM »
I forgot about the taunting, I didn't like it when the Globe trotters did it, I still don't like it.  THough I still say praying on someone's fear is worse then just general taunting. 

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2010, 03:57:24 PM »

When did a team get a penalty for buying business class.  I honestly don't remember it.  I remember Reichen & Chip boarding but leaving a plane due to having bought business class, but I don't remember when a team actually did it, took that flight and got a penalty.

I am curious.
Azaria & Hendekea originally bought First Class tickets without noticing but they had to go back and change them in order to avoid a 24-hour penalty. After switching tickets they couldn't catch their plane (or coach was full) so they had to take a later flight.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2010, 04:15:24 PM »
Thanks everyone!! :tup:  every now and then I tend to forget the little "behind the scenes sneaking" that was done! :lol3:

there's just always soo much information we get in just one little hour!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2010, 07:34:16 PM »
2nd place gets $50,000 and 3rd place gets $25,000

I believe that information may be outdated....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.