Author Topic: EP12*finale* East Coast updates and commentary please read the rules  (Read 113893 times)

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
Re: EP12*finale* East Coast updates and commentary please read the rules
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »
awww....

Congrats to Dan & Jordan!!

To be totally honest, I still think the cowbros deserve it more :(  Dan & Jordan played a fairly decent game but not the best >.<

Cowboys definitely deserved it more. But since i was rooting for Steve and Allie.. any other team but Mike and Louie winning would have been okay for me.

Oh well, since Brent & Caite DIDN'T WIN, at least the forum is spared a flood of complains from me!  :lol3:
JOAB'S SURVIVOR RFF: MADAGASCAR  -we like to move it move it-

TAR17: Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2010, 08:15:33 PM »
I think it was the cowboys who got the bad luck for the finale... for one thing they don't as easily schmooze girls as Dan/Jordan.  :lol:

I don't even think they know they can move up to business class. Since they are not big fans of the show and don't travel much.

Carol and Brandy would have been a team to do what Dan and Jordan did.

I think after their disaster in the Seychelles, they would have at least tried to get better seats, but even I doubt Carol/Brandy could pull off an upgrade by being flirts, cause they're not!  :lol:
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2010, 08:16:49 PM »
awww....

Congrats to Dan & Jordan!!

To be totally honest, I still think the cowbros deserve it more :(  Dan & Jordan played a fairly decent game but not the best >.<

Cowboys definitely deserved it more. But since i was rooting for Steve and Allie.. any other team but Mike and Louie winning would have been okay for me.

Oh well, since Brent & Caite DIDN'T WIN, at least the forum is spared a flood of complains from me!  :lol3:

Not just you, me too. Although, I am now cursing that stewardess who fell for Dan/Jordan's flirting!  (:;) (:;) (:;)
TAR 17:

TARA 4

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2010, 08:17:57 PM »
So, new strategy for the win: over-use your bad luck during the first leg, so you can race on the final one being bitchy and karma-free
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2010, 08:19:26 PM »
I knew Kisha and Jen were close. I just wished the U-TURNS/Speedbumps were more fair.

Some seasons in order to complete the Speedbump they need to travel to a location and waste time (TAR 14 where Christy and Jodi were narowly edged out EVEN after comepleting a speedbump...) but look at the Speedbumps in recent season.. Serving food for Maria and Tiffany, then the Sauna Bus... followed by the atrocious COIN TOSS for Mike and Louie which took them less than 4 tosses + 9 tosses.. they completed it in a MINUTE i think. What kind of a penalty is that.

And they need to make sure, teams do not need to travel to do the U-TURN. If not the U-TURN will become a time penalty of more than an hour. Like that i'll rather they bring back the Yield which is standard. The U-TURN is a great great idea.. but too much of a time penalty makes the race unfair. Because you're U-TURNing a team that's already behind you.. and they will fall even further behind.. so it makes the race less exciting...

Enough of the ranting... Season 15 and 16 have not been great for me. Season 14 was still the BEST.

Can't wait for SEASON 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2010, 08:19:45 PM »
Unfortunately for that strategy, Eric/Danielle are now rejoicing at home since they are no longer the worst performing winners in TAR history! :wohoo:
TAR 17:

TARA 4

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2010, 08:20:30 PM »
So, new strategy for the win: over-use your bad luck during the first leg, so you can race on the final one being bitchy and karma-free

:lol3:
and save any sneaky queue-cutting for the last leg so THAT karma doesn't get the chance to catch up with you! XD (unlike ari & wat's her name who stole a cab in Leg 1!)
JOAB'S SURVIVOR RFF: MADAGASCAR  -we like to move it move it-

TAR17: Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2010, 08:23:38 PM »
Unfortunately for that strategy, Eric/Danielle are now rejoicing at home since they are no longer the worst performing winners in TAR history! :wohoo:

I'm just shocked that 6 teams still managed to claim first place this season despite it being seemingly unexciting throughout. Well at least Dan and Jordan won 2 legs. And i hate to say this but the Singapore leg gave them their much needed encouragement boost for first place and propelled them to a win. :lol:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2010, 08:24:48 PM »
Well Dan & Jordan typically didn't make as large of mistakes as either of the other two teams.  But they also didn't often show much of the drive that a team like Jet & Cord did.

Things to like, again another finale that features no mid leg equalizers (ARRGGGHHH to the seasons 1-10 for that).  

Boo for Jordan pushing his way up in front during the night, though seriously guys you saw him do it in the morning why the hell didn't you say something then instead of 4 hours later.  Thats really stupid.  But it really had no practical impact on the race.

Great, great move by Dan asking to get seating (mid flight while others are asleep) in first class.  Perfectly legal.  One of the best moves we have seen a team do in the finale leg (1st seasons winners using all their saved money to buy a cell phone, was another awesome move.  It didn't help, but the idea is excellent).

This gave the guys the lead they needed to win.  Having a lead also allowed them to stay calm, as this is a team that could get stressed easy.

Bad, the memory task was one of the weakest ones (season three's totem pole is probably the same level), but unlike that season you had other task in San Fran to control your fate.

As it goes, while J&C (followed by L&M) won the most legs, when you actually break down those legs, and you look at the rest of the legs they really didn't race well.  

Probably my biggest complaint about the seasons 12 and on, is that so many teams just aren't racing well, even teams that win a lot are doing solid across the board racing.

Another plus of this season though was the return of having to drive yourself.  Sure it wasn't over vast areas of land, but it still is a nice change away from teams almost never driving themselves.

Please, please cast competitive, consistent, and entertaining racers, please.

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2010, 08:26:55 PM »
I knew Kisha and Jen were close. I just wished the U-TURNS/Speedbumps were more fair.

Some seasons in order to complete the Speedbump they need to travel to a location and waste time (TAR 14 where Christy and Jodi were narowly edged out EVEN after comepleting a speedbump...) but look at the Speedbumps in recent season.. Serving food for Maria and Tiffany, then the Sauna Bus... followed by the atrocious COIN TOSS for Mike and Louie which took them less than 4 toss.. they completed it in a MINUTE i think. What kind of a penalty is that.

And they need to make sure, teams do not need to travel to do the U-TURN. If not the U-TURN will become a time penalty of more than an hour. Like that i'll rather they bring back the Yield which is standard. The U-TURN is a great great idea.. but too much of a time penalty makes the race unfair. Because you're U-TURNing a team that's already behind you.. and they will fall even further behind.. so it makes the race less exciting...

Enough of the ranting... Season 15 and 16 have not been great for me. Season 14 was still the BEST.

Can't wait for SEASON 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

I think S16 is the opposite of S14. For me, it was the later legs of S14 that became a drag (in short, after Mel/Mike were cut) but with S16, later legs were A LOT better than early legs. Nothing edges out S5 as my personal fave though, with 72,000 MILES!!

What made the Yield so hated was that the amount of time wasted was pre-determined, not like the U-Turn which depends on the team. IMO the U-Turns this season should have been on Legs 2 and 5, only because Leg 2's detours were ridiculously easy and the location of the detours on Leg 5 were close to each other.

And IMO, lamest speedbumps ever: 1st: Mike/Louie's coin toss. No need to travel a distance and fairly easy 2nd: Gary/Matt and the sauna. They didn't need to do anything, but the real thing that wasted time was finding the bus. 3rd: Maria/Tiffany serving food. Same reasons as Mike/Louie only this is a little harder.
TAR 17:

TARA 4

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2010, 08:28:16 PM »
I was rooting for Dan and Jordan from the begining, I just never actually expected them to win! Sometimes it's nice to see a team win that didn't dominate most of the season and had to overcome obsticals more than once.

Per the bags: Jet/Cord did a lot worse this season than cutting in line. I believe the only reason they led in leg 2 was because they purposly lied to other teams about the train taking off.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2010, 08:30:00 PM »
Congratulation dreamboys!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2010, 08:30:57 PM »
Really that isn't true.  When you actually break down the episodes, and don't just look at who check in at first, you can see (and this is all seasons) that who checks in first isn't always who raced the stronger leg.

And frankly as obsessive as this site and its members are we all should be aware of things like that.  Just this season Louie & Michael won several legs, yet only one of them did they actually race the fastest leg, and even that had more to do with getting a local to give them accurate directions and and another local to drive them to their location.  On the other two, one they raced average, the other they were absolutely terrible.

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2010, 08:31:58 PM »
I was rooting for Dan and Jordan from the begining, I just never actually expected them to win! Sometimes it's nice to see a team win that didn't dominate most of the season and had to overcome obsticals more than once.

Per the bags: Jet/Cord did a lot worse this season than cutting in line. I believe the only reason they led in leg 2 was because they purposly lied to other teams about the train taking off.

First, it was a bus not a train! Second, I wouldn't call that lying since they didn't say anything like "Your bus will be here in a few minutes so stay here." They just kept their mouths shut and didn't tell the other teams what valuable information they knew. It's actually a classic race move (Derek/Drew are poster children for this) and there's really nothing bad about it.
TAR 17:

TARA 4

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2010, 08:32:52 PM »
OMG, I totally forgot about labeling Dan & Jordan as Team "Keep the Dream Alive 2" :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2010, 08:33:46 PM »

Did they technically lie?  I don't remember them being asked?  But I could be wrong.  But again if they were concerned about their position why didn't they say anything when Jordan arrived early morning put his bag down and greeted them.

I have no problem with teams not sharing info, unless of course they agreed to do so, then don't High Dustin & Kandice I am talking about you.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2010, 08:34:42 PM »

I just wished that the teams remaining were competitive teams actually racing... Joe/Heidi, Carol/Brandy and even Steve and Allie. :groan:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »
OMG, I totally forgot about labeling Dan & Jordan as Team "Keep the Dream Alive 2" :lol:

From the beginning, winning the race was the dream and they kept it alive. :lol:

And one of them is a great fan... so... much love for the winning team! It's great to see a winning team being BIG FANS of the show!

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2010, 08:36:56 PM »
What airline did the use to fly into San Francisco?

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2010, 08:37:07 PM »

I just wished that the teams remaining were competitive teams actually racing... Joe/Heidi, Carol/Brandy and even Steve and Allie. :groan:

Caite was fairly competitive. She had drive even though she totally sucked at racing. I think you're referring to Brent, who has referred to quitting almost as much as Jonathan referred to losing.
TAR 17:

TARA 4

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
I do agree that one of the problems with the speedbump and the U-Turn for that matter is they are not consistent.  In one leg it could be very difficult or it could be exceptionally easy.

At least with the Yield or the timed non elimination penalty (1st or a thirty minute penalty) its consistent.

And yeah you can still control your own fate with them.

Look at All Stars.  Eric & Danielle get to the first point of the leg 45 minutes later then any team, get a thirty minute yield on top of that, and finished the leg a mere 14 minutes after the first team.  Meaning the actually performed that leg an hour faster then any team.  

Hell Bama took a Yield and managed (primarily do to the misfortune and mistakes of two teams to finish that leg in their best position.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »

Caite was fairly competitive. She had drive even though she totally sucked at racing. I think you're referring to Brent, who has referred to quitting almost as much as Jonathan referred to losing.
Actually this isn't factual.  Brent almost never spoke about quitting.  In fact as a whole we didn't here much of that at all this race from any of the racers.  As for Caite she varied quite often from competitive to dragging her feet and being counter productive.  She certainly wasted more time of the winery leg in France then anything Brent did during the full race.  More often then not it was Brent trying to get Caite to help, contribute and to hurry up.

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2010, 08:50:18 PM »

Actually this isn't factual.  Brent almost never spoke about quitting.  In fact as a whole we didn't here much of that at all this race from any of the racers.  As for Caite she varied quite often from competitive to dragging her feet and being counter productive.  She certainly wasted more time of the winery leg in France then anything Brent did during the full race.  More often then not it was Brent trying to get Caite to help, contribute and to hurry up.

My bad. I didn't really make myself understood. What I was trying to say was that there were many times when Brent acted like he wished he were out of it already. *cough*Seychelles*cough* With Caite the only time she turns into a Flo is when Brent doesn't do things her way, or when she thinks she made the right decision and Brent made the wrong one. Other than that I admire her drive, and how she actually managed not to give up during the soccer task in Germany and the coconut task in Seychelles (even though she did whine like a baby) is pretty admirable.
TAR 17:

TARA 4

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2010, 08:52:24 PM »

What train in Leg 2?.....all the teams road busses to Puerto Varas. As I remember it, J/J or B/C never went to check to see if their bus left from that station....till it was time to leave. Did they ask the cowboys, who happened to check......did the cowboys lie to them?
Matthew 7:15

NoluckBoston

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2010, 08:59:21 PM »
Brent did threaten to quite after the Coconut task, right? Just because they did not have all their coconuts?