Author Topic: Re: Top 5 "Frank Sinatra" Week Performance Discussion  (Read 5286 times)

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Top 5 "Frank Sinatra" Week Performance Discussion
« on: May 05, 2010, 01:45:33 AM »
All I have to say for tonight's show is LEE LEE LEE.  He stole the show.   :hearts:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:39:35 AM by TexasLady »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Re: Top 6 "Shania Twain" Week Performance Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 06:41:08 AM »
Aaron - Fly Me To The Moon was in a mess. Complete utter mess for me. His voice does not have the groove to the song and it was really boring. It was so bad that i think he's in total trouble tonight. There's completely nothing wrong with the vocals, but... his voice just does not suit the song for me. It just sounded weird for me and unlike the judges, i DO NOT like it. I'm glad Kara and Simon are with me!

Casey - I think he's starting to realize that people do like him performing slow songs rather than hard rock/up tempo songs. BUT IT'S A BAD SONG CHOICE, DUDE. It was a bad performance and I think he's going home. We're down to the final 5 and if this is all of what he can give... i am disappointed. The last note was good though.

Crystal - She's getting more and more classy and knows her fashion sense! I get chills just by listening to her singing each time. This girl is raw pure natural talent and i'm sick and tired of saying this but can they just put Lee and Crystal in the final 2 and compete? I was attracted to her singing and she was soft and extremely gentle with the song and it was AMAZING. LOVED IT!

Michael - Vocally it was good. But i just wasn't impress all the way until the last night. Nuff' said, if he survived to the final 4.. lucky him. If he's gone, it's about time. Maybe i'm biased.. but i think his stay is overdue.

Lee - It was an amazing performance and he really grooved his way and jazzed his way through the song. A remarkable performance and thankfully he's the last one out and it made an even bigger impression on him, lucky for him but bad for Aaron and Casey, who destroyed the night. LAST NOTE WAS AMAZING BTW. He will be safe tomorrow.

BOTTOM 3 PREDICTION - Michael, Aaron, Casey
GOING HOME - Casey

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 08:42:03 AM »
Where to begin....  Harry Connick Jr was a good mentor, bringing his musicians and playing added to the show for me.

Aaron: Nerves! Bad start, off key, got progressively better in the 2nd part of his song. He's just 17, he has time to grow but the kid can sing but he's not the one to win this.

Casey: I just don't think he wants to do what it takes to win. There is laid back and there is lazy and it seems like it's lazy for Casey. I don't see any fire in him and if he can't do his best now, what would he do if he actually had to perform in concert.  I thought he was just OK. I did laugh at the comment Kara made about sounding like a lamb.

Crystal: What's up with the judges? My hubby says they are throwing her overboard. I LOVED her song, again her voice was beautiful and clear, perfectly suited for the song. I think she's getting the Melinda treatment. Clearly the best singer and yet gets warmed over comments. Kara kind of liked it, Ellen said it felt like she was swallowing her words at first. Simon does not like her, it's obvious. Indulgent? I'd say more like Big Mike was indulgent.

Big Mike: I did NOT like his bragging about his own band, OK fine, we get it, you are the best on stage in your own mind, but no.. not really. Mike is an OK singer and probably should record this type of song they are made for him. He sang well, has the big gestures. Maybe he would do well on stage since he is more theatrical.

Lee: It probably was the top performance last night but I think Crystal was right there with him.

Bottom 3: Casey, Big Mike and either Crystal or Aaron. (Fingers crossed for Crystal.)

Going home: Casey
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 10:12:15 AM »
I thought that tonight's performances were rather disappointing. Other than Lee's, which totally saved the night. I mean, perhaps Jazz is a really challenging genre but this is already the top 5, we're all expecting so much more from every single one of them yet this is all that they can give. Didn't really enjoy tonight's performances, hope they'll really step up their game next week!

My ranking:
1. Lee (by a clear mile)
2. Mike
3. Crystal
4. Aaron
5. Casey

I was hoping Mike would go home this week but he gave a decent performance, so I think he's safe again. Yeah I guess I'm kinda biased too, I never ever agreed with the judges saving him so I've been waiting for his departure since 4 weeks ago or something. But I'm thinking he makes the final 4 based on that performance he gave.

Bottom three: Casey, Aaron, Mike? (or Crystal, hopefully not geez)

I really don't care which of Casey, Aaron or Mike leaves. Casey, he's appearing like a one-dimensional performer now, Aaron has given his best and for now that's what he has to offer but after all he's still so young, Mike... Is getting so boring I've been waiting for his elimination since forever. Crystal and Lee for the final two! Maybe it's good that Crystal hasn't had such impressive weeks, shows that she's still "human" and a contestant. Hope she does great next week! And I hope she's safe tomorrow night, hee.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 10:50:39 AM »
Aaron's gone..... wow. Amazing, i think his KOD remarks from Simon made all the fans vote for him crazily.

I might actually think Mike might have a chance to go all the way to the F3!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Re: Top 5 "Frank Sinatra" Week Performance Discussion
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 11:36:01 AM »
I was hoping Mike would go home this week but he gave a decent performance, so I think he's safe again. Yeah I guess I'm kinda biased too, I never ever agreed with the judges saving him so I've been waiting for his departure since 4 weeks ago or something. But I'm thinking he makes the final 4 based on that performance he gave.

OMG me too, Ruth! :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 09:07:02 AM »
I'm fine with Aaron leaving, but I'd much rather Mike left. Oh well. As long as Mike and Casey leave in the next two weeks, I'll be totally happy!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 07:35:05 PM »
I hope a) that Crystal hits the ball out of the ballpark next week and b) that Casey and Mike go next. I could see a Crystal/Mike/Lee final 3.

I was surprised that Aaron went, but he was first to sing and that doesn't help. Also VFTW was pushing Casey to be saved. I don't think they have that kind of power but maybe it did help him. (Not that I would want their help!)  :lol:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 11:28:27 PM »
I do think VFTW is getting more and more influential these years.... :(

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Re: Top 5 "Frank Sinatra" Week Performance Discussion
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 02:34:05 AM »
I thank VFTW for keeping Tim in after those three weeks. :funny:

That being said, I am hoping for a Crystal/Lee F2 & anything else, I will not accept.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 03:31:25 PM »
I'm hoping for F2 Crystal and Lee too.  I'm wondering with the ratings so low whether this is the last year.  I think the contestants as well as the choice of mentors this season affected ratings.  The songs they have been choosing from are too old and the contestants have not been able to bring them to a current song. 

Still want Lee to win!   :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 01:49:43 AM »
Yea i agree, the songs choice this year are... :meow: :groan: