Author Topic: Margaretta Groark, The Amazing Race Season 1  (Read 26125 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Margaretta Groark, The Amazing Race Season 1
« on: October 28, 2008, 08:41:36 PM »

The Amazing Race Family is saddened to report the first loss of one of its own.

Margaretta of "Dave and Margaretta"  Season 1, has passed away after a lengthy battle with cancer.

She and Dave, or "Team Grandparents", were racers on the very first Amazing Race.

She quickly became beloved for her laughter and her charm, and became an integral part of the special camaraderie of the first race.  When they were eliminated from the race, all of the remaining teams came out to show their respect and support for them both. That moment remains one of the most memorable in the history of the race, and was a tribute to the special bond that Dave and Margaretta had helped to create.

She will especially be remembered for her joyous spirit and the courage she showed as she ran her own amazing race the last few years.

She and Dave had been married for 48 years.

Our hearts go out to David, and we send him all of our deepest sympathy.

Margaretta was a truly lovely lady, and she will be greatly missed and remembered with love and laughter.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Margaretta Groark, The Amazing Race Season 1
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 06:29:58 PM »
THAT IS SAD :'(

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Margaretta Groark, The Amazing Race Season 1
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »
Did you know this only truly hit me today as I have been rewatching Season 1 and also she wrote a message in May 2007 to Sucks Forum and I read it and felt very teary. It may be a year and a half since her passing but I still miss her. Watching Season 1 again has brought up so many things. Emily of Momily has also married in August 2009!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.